Church record for Hochspeyer - Familie Gundal

Roger Sollie

Jan 23, 2006, 5:20:31 PM1/23/06
I am new to this list, so forgive me if I ask about the obvious.

My wife's family originates from Hochspeyer (near Kaiserslautern), and
a number of ancestors were born there in the 1870's.

Where can I look through the Church records for this period?

Sincerely.
Roger Sollie
Norway

Lutz Engelhardt

Jan 23, 2006, 5:43:58 PM1/23/06
Hi Roger,

> My wife's family originates from Hochspeyer (near Kaiserslautern), and
> a number of ancestors were born there in the 1870's.
>
> Where can I look through the Church records for this period?

Go to your next Family History Center (FHC) of the Mormons (LDS). There
you can order both the catholic and the protestant church books of
Hochspeyer for the mentioned time period on microfilm. This is the
cheapest, easiest and fastest way to read the church books and search
your ancestors.

You will find the addresses of the FHCs of your country at
www.familysearch.org and also the film numbers of the microfilms.

Good luck,

Lutz Engelhardt

--
Ancestors from Germany?
www.lutz-genealogy.de

Peter Gassner

Jan 29, 2006, 4:46:40 PM1/29/06
Roger,

> My wife's family originates from Hochspeyer (near Kaiserslautern), and
> a number of ancestors were born there in the 1870's.

there are some GUNDAL listed in the book "Franz Neumer, Bürgerbuch der
Verbandsgemeinde Hochspeyer 1650-1850, herausgegeben von der
Ortsgemeinde Hochspeyer 1995, Reihe A, 212, der Deutschen
Ortssippenbücher, ISBN 3-87022-217-4"

I send you this image by mail.

Peter

--