LUMKEMAN

patrick van griethuysen

Mar 25, 2021, 3:54:30 PM3/25/21
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We are reseachching the familyname LUMKEMAN. A certain BALTHASAR LUMKEMAN, married in Amsterdan The Netherlands May 22 1778. His mariage certificat states that he was born in Ost Prussia Germany around 1773 in the town of Allenburg, now Poland.
He was member of the Lutheran church. We wonder if there is a certain meaning to this name. In other words: What was a "Lumkeman" - did he had the profession - being a "Lumpkeman" - if yes - what  was a someone as "Lumpkeman"? Please let us know your thoughts. Thank you very much - from The Hague - The netherlands - Patrick van Griethuysen