Funcke

René Bron

Dec 28, 2001, 1:53:11 PM12/28/01
I start my question in English, because my German writing is not very good
(worser than this English)

I am searching for information about the Family Funcke or Maerker

I am searching for information about Friedrich Ludwig Funcke (Born :
emmerich 1779) married with Wilhelmine Rebecca Maerker (Born : Isselburg
1780).

They have at least four childeren :
Carolina Bernhadrina
Alexander Berhold
Ludwig Herman
Friedrich Theodor Jacob
All born in Emmerich.
Ludwig Herman moved to the Netherlands to Doesburg.

I hope someone have any kind of information.

--
Met vriendelijke groet

René Bron

(o.a. onderzoek naar :
Friesland/Overijssel : Loen, de Vries, Bron, Funcke (ook in Duitsland en
Gelderland), de Haan, HOfstra, Wagenmaker
Gelderland : Bosman, Schaik
Zuid Holland : Van Mourik, Anker, Fokker, Eikelenboom)

I hope

Bryan Kapteyn

Jan 7, 2023, 12:29:16 PM1/7/23
Friedrich was my third great grandfather. His occupation was secretary at the Country and City court at Emmerich, Germany. He died of a problem with his lungs.

My 2nd great grandfather is Ludwig Herman. Ludwig Herman Funcke moved to the city of Doesburg which is about 20 kilometers from Emmerich September 14, 1842. He left Germany to avoid the military draft. There he opened a shop selling smoking pipes which he made himself. Later on he also made furniture and sold that in his shop also. When Ludwig moved to The Netherlands, and also was known as Herman Lodewijk. He was buried in Doesburg, and lived at Meipoortstraat 10, which exists to this day (August 11, 2000). I have of course more information should you want it.

Doesburg is a very ancient town. It is situated on the Yssel River, a tributary of the Rhine. Its original name was Druesburg, after Nero Claudius Drusus, a Roman general who made his way westwards as far as the Elbe. He probably established a garrison at Doesburg, and he built a canal, still in existence, which joins the Rhine and the Yssel Rivers, at that point. Drusus was born in 38 B.C. and died in 9 B.C., so he only lived 29 years.
Bryan Kapteyn