GRIMM Brothers - Ancestors, Cousins, etc.

Harper G. Grimm, Jr., WVNET, Morgantown WV, 304-293-5192

May 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/24/96

Could someone please direct me towards a source which might allow me to
find the descendents (for two or three generations) of the GRIMM grandfather
of the Brothers Grimm?

What I'm really looking for is a Christian Grim(m) who was a Hessien soldier
in the American Revolution, was captured, joined some part of the Colonial
Army, and stayed. Family legend is that he was either an uncle or a cousin
of the Brothers.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Harper Grimm

Harper G. Grimm, Jr. Sr. Systems Analyst West Va. Network for
CC01...@WVNVMS.WVNET.EDU Instruction and Educational Telecomputing
(304) 293-5192 Research Support 837 Chestnut Ridge Road
(304) 293-5540 (FAX) User Support Div. Morgantown, WV 26505
(304) 599-0299 (home)

Wilhelm Nel

May 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/30/96

In <01I52W9D1...@wvnvms.wvnet.edu>, "Harper G. Grimm, Jr., WVNET, Morgantown WV, 304-293-5192" <CC01...@WVNVAXA.WVNET.EDU> writes:
>Could someone please direct me towards a source which might allow me to
>find the descendents (for two or three generations) of the GRIMM grandfather
>of the Brothers Grimm?
>
>What I'm really looking for is a Christian Grim(m) who was a Hessien soldier
>in the American Revolution, was captured, joined some part of the Colonial
>Army, and stayed. Family legend is that he was either an uncle or a cousin
>of the Brothers.

Harper
I once read "People from the past (edited by Egon Larson) series no 10:
Jacob & Wilhelm Grimm, The Fairy Tale Brothers" by Muriel E Hammond.
First published by Dobson Books Ltd, 80 Kensington Church Street, London W8
in 1968 (T 920 GRI). Later published by Garden City Press, Letchworth,
Hertfordshire, Great Britain.
In short, this is what I gathered from that book:
Friedrich Grimm (died 1748)
| unknown son
| | Philipp Wilhelm Grimm (died 1795, age 45yrs) married Dorothea Zimmer
| | (died age 52 yrs)
| | | Friedrich Grimm
| | | Jacob Ludwig Carl Grimm (4.1.1785-20.9.1863)
| | | Wilhelm Carl Grimm (24.2.1786-16.12.1859) married Dorothea Wild
| | | Carl Friedrich Grimm (died 1852)
| | | Ferdinand Grimm (died 1845)
| | | Ludwig Emil Grimm (1790-1863)
Philipp and Dorothea actually had 8 sons (3 died young) and 1 daughter,
Charlotte Amalie, but I do not how they fit in. As far as I recall, their
grandfather wasn't mentioned in this book (listed here as "unknown son").

In 1809 a Albert Ludwig Grimm published his "Heidelberg Collection of
Fairy Tales", was he related to the Grimm brothers?

I too, will welcome any further information.

Wilhelm Nel
National Accelerator Centre E-mail: W...@NAC.AC.ZA
PO Box 72 Telephone: (+27) 24 843 3820
Faure FAX: (+27) 24 843 3525
7131 SOUTH AFRICA

Message has been deleted

matthew.e...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2020, 8:44:07 PM8/3/20
Hello, I am a descendant of Christian Grim(m). The Brothers Grimm were my first cousins, seven times removed.
Matt Eichenfels matthew.e...@gmail.com

Ralf Lehmeier

Oct 1, 2020, 7:37:03 PM10/1/20
matthew.e...@gmail.com schrieb:
> Hello, I am a descendant of Christian Grim(m). The Brothers Grimm were my first cousins, seven times removed.
> Matt Eichenfels matthew.e...@gmail.com

Try it here : https://www.familysearch.org

Perhaps you can find other decendants.

Jacque Walawander

Nov 6, 2022, 12:03:45 PM11/6/22
Christian Grimm born 1850 Germany died 1912 Louisville Kentucky was my great great grandfather. Is this the same Christian Grimm?
Jacque Walawander

Jacque Walawander

Nov 6, 2022, 12:06:11 PM11/6/22
Christian Grimm born 1850 in Germany and died 1912 in Louisville Kentucky was my great great grandfather. Is this the same Christian Grimm?

Adam Prekopp

Nov 30, 2022, 3:59:14 PM11/30/22
My greatgrandma once told me that her greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgrandfather was Ferdinand Philip Grimm, but she didn´t know his wifeś name please can anybody find out what was the name of wife of Ferdinand Phillip Grimm.

Enno Borgsteede

Dec 1, 2022, 11:02:18 AM12/1/22
Op 30-11-2022 om 21:59 schreef Adam Prekopp:
> My greatgrandma once told me that her greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgrandfather was Ferdinand Philip Grimm, but she didn´t know his wifeś name please can anybody find out what was the name of wife of Ferdinand Phillip Grimm.

As far as I can see, he never married, and the German wikipedia page
suggests that he might have been gay.