ship: "TWO BROTHERS"

Tim Rodabaugh

Aug 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/1/98
Looking for more information on the place of arrival of this ship. I
know that there was a John Peter Rodebaugh who signed his name with an
"X" who was on this ship. The ship arrived 15 September 1752, but where?
Did it come from Germany? Would like to know more. Thanks, Tim
Rodabaugh

tequilasunrise

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
guess I m not much help but Sept 15,1748, the ship the TWO BROTHERS went
to Baltimore Md,It is listed as the ship my great great (x) grandfather
Johan Peter Engel arrived on.he went from Balt out tyhru to Frederick,
and the family latter went on to western Md and Pa.
Did ships make regular runs to the same ports then or was it where ever
the wind took them?
Alice LaCour

Joanne Meyer

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
One of my ancestors also came over on the ship Two Brothers, but he landed
21 Sep 1751. It may not be the same ship, but there's a decent chance that
it is.

According to the passenger list I got from "Pennsylvania German Pioneers",
it arrived at Philadelphia, PA, and originated "from Rotterdam and last from
Cowes". Thomas Arnot was the master of the vessel.

Hope this helps you.

- Joanne Meyer
mor...@mcleod.net

Tim Rodabaugh wrote in message
<6pvcr5$h6m8$1...@newssvr04-int.news.prodigy.com>...

ESFillman

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
It's very possible that the "Two Brothers" made more than one transatlantic
trek. In my reesearch I have found that there were several such ships which
made more than one journey, typically employing the same route, according to
departure and arrival dates. The route form Rotterdam to Cowes to America was
fairly heavily travelled by the Pennsylvania Germans of the mid 1700s.

(I am descended from passengers on the Ship Harle, 1736 -- a one-voyage
vessel.)

Best wishes,

Eric Fillman, Harrisburg, PA
(searching: Everly, Fillman, Gerhart, Parkinson, Schuler)

ESFillman

Aug 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/10/98
Follow-up to the ship inquiry -- According to the Strassberger/Hinke
publication, the ship Two Brothers sailed made several trips to the New World,
with arrival dates as follows:

13 OCT 1747, 15 SEP 1748, 14 SEP 1749, 28 AUG 1750, 21 SEP 1751, 15 SEP 1752,
28 SEP 1753, and 1754 (no further details).

-esf-

Wayne Brown

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98
ESFillman wrote:

> Follow-up to the ship inquiry -- According to the Strassberger/Hinke
> publication, the ship Two Brothers sailed made several trips to the New World,
> with arrival dates as follows:
>
> 13 OCT 1747, 15 SEP 1748, 14 SEP 1749, 28 AUG 1750, 21 SEP 1751, 15 SEP 1752,
> 28 SEP 1753, and 1754 (no further details).

Does anyone have any information whether passenger lists exist for those early
trips (1747, 1748, 1749)?

Regards,-----WB.

ESFillman

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98
I can get the lists within a day or so, or do lookups if you like.
E-mail me at: esfi...@aol.com with specific requests -- will be happy to
oblige.

pa...@lifetimes.co

Jan 23, 2017, 7:29:18 AM1/23/17
On Saturday, August 1, 1998 at 5:00:00 PM UTC+10, Tim Rodabaugh wrote:
> Looking for more information on the place of arrival of this ship. I
> know that there was a John Peter Rodebaugh who signed his name with an
> "X" who was on this ship. The ship arrived 15 September 1752, but where?
> Did it come from Germany? Would like to know more. Thanks, Tim
> Rodabaugh

The ship "Two Brothers", commanded by Thomas Arnot, ship's master, sailed from Rotterdam, Holland, stopped at Cowes on the Isle of Wight, and landed at Philadelphia on 15 September 1752.
www.lifetimes.co

Joson

Jan 23, 2017, 10:31:24 AM1/23/17
pa...@lifetimes.co stelde de volgende uitleg voor :
You answered a question of 19 years ago ;)

Joson

boyla...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2017, 10:31:28 PM12/27/17
Conrad Rauch I believe is my relative matched my DNA paternal side.

sandy...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2019, 1:47:23 PM7/28/19
my ancector arrived that day sept 15 1748 it pulled into port of Philelphia captain Thos arnot it looks like from my record must have loaded near Regensburg my ancestor is listed as philipps jacob schaffer

Michel Ball

Jul 29, 2019, 3:19:18 PM7/29/19
On Saturday, August 1, 1998 at 9:00:00 AM UTC+2, Tim Rodabaugh wrote:
> Looking for more information on the place of arrival of this ship. I
> know that there was a John Peter Rodebaugh who signed his name with an
> "X" who was on this ship. The ship arrived 15 September 1752, but where?
> Did it come from Germany? Would like to know more. Thanks, Tim
> Rodabaugh

Professor I Daniel Rupp - 30.000 names - most immigrants from the Pfalz to Pennsylvania
Twenty years ago I degitalized Rupp's data in a database that you find here:
http://www.mickyarco.com/30000Namen.htm