Louisiana Get together

Fran LaChance

Jul 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/31/99
Hi all,
Anyone is going to the Louisiana genealogy get
together?

If so, I am interested in anything on Dupuis genetics.
There is a syndrome in the Dupuis line which can cause
death if you're given anesethetic. The Essex County,
Ontario medical people (lots of Dupuis' there) are
right up on it - but I don't think they are where I
live. As I have three Dupuis lines converging at both
of my grandparents - all back to the same original
Dupuis - this is something I would like know about for
myself and my family.

If there is any information at all about this, I'd
appreciate you passing it on to me.

Thanks a bunch,
--
Fran (Deschamps) LaChance
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada

http://www2.ebtech.net/~lachance/index.html - with
links to my two other
French-Canadian sites with over 27,000 names. What you
can't see, you can get from me.

The Future is as Great as the Promises of God

Richard Saumier

Jul 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/31/99
Hi Fran, Group,

The condition you are looking for is called "Malignant hypothermia" . A
swift and deadly chemical reaction to certain anesthetics. A patient under
anesthesia, can abruptly run a temperature over 110 degrees F. with
resultant massive damage to internal organs. This disorder is found in the
descendants of Michel and Marie Dupuis who emigrated from France to Nova
Scotia in 1651. The Dupuis intermarried with Comartins and Cazas and settled
around Northern Quebec and South Western Ontario. I have a list of families
from an old data base that are susceptible to this disorder.

Richard Saumier

Richard Saumier

Jul 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/31/99
Sorry damn spell check was on....LOL

Malignant Hyperthermia is the correct term...

Here is an address for more information !!

Malignant Hyperthermia Association,
Room 314, Elizabeth Wing,
Toronto General Hospital,
101 College Street,
Toronto, Ontario,
M5G 1L7

This address is dated back to 1982, but I assume it is still a valid
address.

Rick

LBlac...@aol.com

Jul 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/31/99
I think you are refering to Malignant HYPERTHERMIA, Hypothermia is below
regular temperature. My 8 yr old son , who is a direct descendent of Rapheal
DuPuy of La Puy, France is having general anethesia this coming Friday for a
biopsy. Can you Please tell me if there is any way these families are
connected and which line? I would greatly appreciate it as the condition you
mentioned is one they have asked on the Anesthesiologist's questionaire. You
may save a life. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. Looking forward to
your reply .
Leslie DePue LBlac...@aol.com

Robert L Quinnett

Aug 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/1/99
Fran,

Are you sure it is an anesthetic, or might it be a paralytic that is used
with anesthesia?Do you have anything more on this?

Bob

Fran LaChance <lach...@ebtech.net> wrote in message

Fran LaChance

Aug 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/1/99
I have no more information on this syndrome. Will get
back to the group if I/when I find the correct name,
etc. I have emailed my cousin who originally gave me
the information but she may be unavailable for the
summer - at her cottage without a computer.

Does you know how to get aol email addresses? My uncle
is online through aol and they have some information,
but I can't seem to find their address and they haven't
written me in ages since going to aol.

TTYL

Fran

LBlac...@aol.com

Aug 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/2/99
Thank you soooo much for making that post when you did. What timing as I
told you before about my son's upcoming biopsy. I went to preadmit him today
at thre hospital and she said even if it was way back in the family line it
is important to know this so they can have the new medication that stops it
right in the operating room. They usually wouldn't unless they knew of this
genetic problem in the persons history. Thank God for another Great reason
to do genealogy. You may well have saved a life !
Thank you sooo very much and ALL of you please let all of your family members
know to tell their doctors before and general anesthetia. Leslie DePue
LBlac...@aol.com

lmic...@qmed.ca

Apr 6, 2020, 3:38:22 PM4/6/20
On Saturday, July 31, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Fran LaChance wrote:
> Hi all,
> Anyone is going to the Louisiana genealogy get
> together?
>
> If so, I am interested in anything on Dupuis genetics.
> There is a syndrome in the Dupuis line which can cause
> death if you're given anesethetic. The Essex County,
> Ontario medical people (lots of Dupuis' there) are
> right up on it - but I don't think they are where I
> live. As I have three Dupuis lines converging at both
> of my grandparents - all back to the same original
> Dupuis - this is something I would like know about for
> myself and my family.
>
> If there is any information at all about this, I'd
> appreciate you passing it on to me.
>
> Thanks a bunch,
> --
> Fran (Deschamps) LaChance
> Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
>
> http://www2.ebtech.net/~lachance/index.html - with
> links to my two other
> French-Canadian sites with over 27,000 names. What you
> can't see, you can get from me.
>
> The Future is as Great as the Promises of God

Hi all, I am a current Queen's University medical student and distant descendant from the comartin line. I am researching malignant hyperthermia incidents and testing and could use some help. If anyone has any information please respond to this so we can connect further.