BEX, BECX, BECKX, BEKX

Marcel van Hees

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

To all the "BE(CK)X(S) on the globe and on the Internet!

Here is a message to all the genealogists that might have bumped into the name
"BEX" or one of its variants. I am looking for relativs of that name that have
traced their ancestors to two villages in Limburg, in particular Schinveld and
Brunssum, as there is a 90% chance that they are bloodrelativs.

The first ancestors probably originated from the city Limbourg, now in
Wallonia in Belgium, as three tombes can be found in its church dating from
the 13th century bearing the family crest still known in Brabant and Limburg.

Two major branches existed. One major branch with the spelling Bex established
itself in the Maeseyk and later in the city of Liège (both in Belgium) and
produced several Mayors there. It died out in 1845.

A second major branch (with Renerus or Reiner as returning name through the
generations) established itself in Merkelbeek and Brunssum (both in Dutch
Limburg).

Of this branch originated most probably the sidebranch Becx that established
itself in Helmond and later in Moergestel (in Dutch Northern Brabant)in 1475
and still continues fully documented.

A second probable sidebranch established itself in Schinveld proven since 1724
until now. Several members of this branch moved to Germany, in particular:
Maria Magdalena born Schinveld 24.9.1841
Maria Catharina born Schinveld 10.11.1843
Joannes Renerus born Schinveld 1.12.1846
Jan Mathijs born Schinveld 1.4.1854
Maria Agnes born Schinveld 3.1.1856

The youngest brother Carel Joseph born Schinveld 3.1.1860 stayed on in
Schinveld, of which I am offspring. He married Anna Maria Dassen born in
Oirsbeek 3.1.1861.

All Information on bloodrelatives througout Europe is very much appreciated,
as not all information can be obtained at local archives as soon as people
move.

Yours Sincerely Marcel Matheus van Hees

ca...@nando.net

Jun 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/15/96

Marcel Matheus van Hees

Have you found a Bocks spelling?? My Bocks are said to come from "the
Netherlands". They are found in Koln area, Reinland c. 1800 then moved to
Switzerland.

Thanks

--
Heidi Baird North Carolina, USA
BAIRD/BISCHEL/BOCKS/CANDIOTO/CHENEY/DURKEE/FAUST/