JAN BRUINS, SCHIM, DIED 1702, KAAP DE GOEDE HOOP - SON NICOLAAS SCHIM (VAN RENSBURG) 1661 - 1728

andrew van rensburg

Feb 2, 2017, 2:50:12 AM2/2/17
I am trying to establish more information on Jan Bruins and his son Nicolaas (Claas) Jan (sz) Schim, circa 1700, Kaap De Goede Hoop. Jan Bruins could have been married to Cecilia Hendricksz (1644 - 1661) and originated from Rendsburg, Schleswig-Holstein or Rhynsburgh, Holland. Claas Jansz Schim married Aletta van der Merwe, 1708. He was a 'vryburgher' and Sergeant Drakenstein Infantry. My great ancestor was his eldest son Johannes, 1709. See following links for more information:

https://www.geni.com/people/Willem-van-der-Merwe-SV-PROG/6000000001583671166

https://www.geni.com/people/Claas-Jansz-van-Rensburg-SV-PROG/4073729836070124333

The consistent YDNA for all male line descendants is I1d - Ultra Norse.

Is there anyone who has further information on this line?

Andrew

Erik Appeldoorn

Feb 2, 2017, 5:06:20 AM2/2/17
Op 2-2-2017 om 08:50 schreef andrew van rensburg:
A search on google (claas jans van Rensburg) gives quite a few hits. I
think you could try that.

http://www.oocities.org/athens/atlantis/4364/CLAAS.htm
(that's an out-dated archivalpage from 2009)

but general consensus seems te be that nothing before his arrival at the
cape is known.

--
met vriendelijke groeten,
Erik Appeldoorn

andrew van rensburg

Feb 22, 2017, 3:35:34 AM2/22/17
Thank you Erik

Cora Jooste

Feb 8, 2023, 2:37:59 PM2/8/23
I also come from Johannes and I'm going to try archives in Rendsburg.