1603 Leiden DTB Trouwen

fba...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2022, 1:13:06 PM7/7/22
Is the index correct? ondertrouw only one day before marriage?

https://www.wiewaswie.nl/nl/detail/52079714
Ondertrouw: 04-07-1603
Franchoys Couck, wolkammer, J:M: uijt Engelant
Hester Mahieu, J:D: Cantelberch Engelant

https://www.wiewaswie.nl/nl/detail/97272688
Trouwen: 05-07-1603
Franchoijs Couck, wolcammer, J:M: uijt Engelant
Hester Mahieu, J:D: Cantelberch in Engelant

Richard van Schaik

Jul 7, 2022, 1:49:49 PM7/7/22
Some of these registrations give only the last date of "ondertrouw"
proclamation. Happens in e.g. Utrecht also. You'll need a description of
the habits for entry to be sure but certainly can be correct.

--
Richard van Schaik
f.m.a.vans...@THISgmail.com

walravenkoster

Jul 8, 2022, 6:56:33 AM7/8/22
Doubt on the correctness of the index. I'm not certain, can't read the details, but it looks like the ondertrouw dat is in june. Unless the scribe made an error, the date before is beyond me.

Walraven

Richard van Schaik

Jul 8, 2022, 9:49:18 AM7/8/22
Excuse, you're correct. Date is 04-06-1603. He accompanied by Phillippe
del Veau and Raphael Roelandt [hopefully read correct] his
acquaintances. She by Jenne Mahieu her mother and Jenne Mahieu her sister