AMERICAN REMINISCENCES OF THE CARIBBEAN: 1937-1948

to...@sweetpatootee.co.uk

Jul 30, 2009, 4:21:07 PM7/30/09
Dear Editorial team

We welcome your advice/assistance with regards inviting American
contributions to our latest research.

We are currently seeking American contributions to add to reminiscences of
the Caribbean 1937-1948. The initial objectives for the material we are
gathering are a book and online resource for schools and colleges. [NB. we
have researched archive sources to provide us with a strong understanding of
this history. =

We welcome any advice or assistance in helping us to contact US veterans who
served in the Caribbean, such as the 'Dixie Division' and the African
American 99th anti-aircraft Artillery.

Contributions to date have come from all perspectives - servicemen, wartime
civilians (Aruba, Barbados, Cura=E7ao, Jamaica, St. Lucia, Trinidad) , U-Bo=
at
Officers, merchant sailors....
Our search for reminiscences is all about providing Educators and Learners
with as broad and diverse a perspective as possible: We want to gain an
impression of the war at sea, we are also gathering memories of the West
Indies as bases of operations; what impressions their civilian populations
made; how the islands provided for torpedoed merchant seamen; memories of
shore-leave...

We look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Best wishes

Tony T
Rebecca Goldstone

Sweet Patootee Ltd