good book saying that US sanction in Iraq constitutes genocide?

Tomoyuki Tanaka

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99

> [USA is] responsible for the deaths of more civilians in Iraq,
> since the end of that War, than THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF KOSOVO!

hi. thanks for the info.

is there a good book/article that argues that USA intends to
kill Iraqi civilians systematically?

U.S. bombing in 1991 killed 71,807 Iraqi women and children
----------------------------
see <http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=423641184>
<http://www.cs.indiana.edu/hyplan/tanaka/ot/ms/USA/iraq1991>

--
;;; TANAKA Tomoyuki ("Mr. Tanaka" or "Tomoyuki")
;;; http://www.cs.indiana.edu/hyplan/tanaka.html

Bill Bonde

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
Tomoyuki Tanaka wrote:

> > [USA is] responsible for the deaths of more civilians in Iraq,
> > since the end of that War, than THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF KOSOVO!
>
> hi. thanks for the info.
>
> is there a good book/article that argues that USA intends to
> kill Iraqi civilians systematically?

Since the idea is nonsense, how could there be a 'good book' about such
silliness?

Alex Garabet

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 22:36:41 -0700, Bill Bonde <std...@mailexcite.com>
wrote:

>> is there a good book/article that argues that USA intends to
>> kill Iraqi civilians systematically?
>>
>Since the idea is nonsense, how could there be a 'good book' about such
>silliness?

The idea of systematically killing Iraqis being silly, many would
disagree with you.

You can do a web search on Garth Nicholson AND mycoplasma fermentans
on Alta Vista. He and his wife are very respected scientists who got
into hot water with the US government because they discovered that
this bio weapon invented by the US had been used to deliberately
infect US prisoners, US troops and their families, and Iraqis. The
organism was showing up in people receiving vaccines. When the husband
and wife team started asking too many questions, and stumbled on a
treatment, there was a systematic effort to silence them and
Nicholson's wife nearly killed. Interestingly, Nicholson's wife had
been invited to participate in the development of such organisms. She
didn't want to get involved as she thought it was sinister, unethical,
and against International treaties to which the US was a signatory.
The Nicholson's don't know why the government are in this, but they
think there is an elite ring of politicians and scientists inside the
US government that feels the world's population is several times what
it should be, and our resources cannot sustain this many people. They
believe that there is an effort at thinning out the world's population
by using engineered organisms in a eugenics experiment. The designers
of these organisms will be protected because they will have an
antidote. Sounds like conspiracy theory, and sounds like I am a nut.
But these are respected scientists. After much harrassement by the
government and the blocking of an IMF fund for their reserach by the
IRS, they have finally gotten funding from a branch of the US Army.

By the way, this is what's interesting too. Tanox is a genetic drugs
company that supplied the vaccines that were used on the Texas
prisoners. George Bush and James Baker have large holdings in this
company, and another company which was shipping bio weapons cultures
to Iraq, with full knowledge of Bush.

There are other angles on the sanctions. Ramsey Clarks International
Action Center puts out many excellent books and articles on Iraq.
Clark, as you may know is the former US Attorney General under the
Johnson administration, and he is now a peace activist. Clark's
organization makes the argument that it is easier for imperialist
countries like the US to gain access to Iraq's resources if there are
fewer and weaker Iraqis living there to oppose them. They also make
the argument, and quite correctly, that the sanctions have decimated
the middle class, and a new class of super wealthy Iraqis has emerged.
These are war profiteers, smugglers, criminals, etc. When Saddam is
finally gone, these are the people who will assume power. The US feels
these crooks would be willing to sell Iraq to US corporations very
cheap.

IAC's web address http://www.iacenter.org/iraq.htm
You can ask them your question and they may recommend a book.

Alex Garabet gar...@west.netNOSPAM
To email me, remove the NOSPAM from my email.

Vicki

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99

Alex Garabet <gar...@west.netNOSPAM> wrote in message

> On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 22:36:41 -0700, Bill Bonde <std...@mailexcite.com>
> wrote:
>

> >> is there a good book/article that argues that USA intends to
> >> kill Iraqi civilians systematically?
> >>
> >Since the idea is nonsense, how could there be a 'good book' about such
> >silliness?
>
> The idea of systematically killing Iraqis being silly, many would
> disagree with you.

Alex thanks so much for that information. I didn't know about what happened
to those scientists! That's horrible! I intend to do a search on it. I
want to know more about this. I know about the international action center.
I didn't know about those scientists though. I think the international
action center is a good place to refer people to seeking information on
Iraq. They put out some good stuff. Thanks for that again! People need to
know this stuff.
Vicki

Vicki

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99
Lionel where did you get this information from? Where can I obtain more on
it? Thanks for posting that!
Vicki

lionel basil <lionel...@nashville.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> civilian use against incidental infection in 1970. However, concerns have
> been raised about the vaccine's effectiveness against massive doses of
> weaponized anthrax anticipated in an intentional biological warfare
> attack. In addition, the only FDA-approved manufacturer, the Michigan
> Biologic Products Institute (now BioPort), has been repeatedly cited for
> quality control problems.
>
> "The Defense Department has openly misled its personnel and the
> American public on the overall safety of the anthrax vaccine. The
> evidence
> unequivocally demonstrates that no information exists concerning the
> long-term effect of the vaccine on humans, and that the adverse reaction
> rates are up to seven times greater than approved by the manufacturer
> and the FDA," said Mr. Zaid. He added that recently obtained internal
> documents
> revealed that the Pentagon had determined the current six shot series
> was "outdated" and "unnecessary", yet still implemented the vaccination
> program. Mr. Zaid presented his findings at a hearing held before the
> Subcommittee on National Security, Veterans Affairs, and International
> Relations
> of the Committee on Government Reform in the U.S. House of
> Representatives on March 24, 1999.
>
> In April 1998, Mr. Zaid was the first attorney to represent
> military
> personnel refusing the vaccine when several sailors onboard the U.S.S.
> Independence refused to submit to the vaccination. As General Counsel
> for the non-profit organization Veterans for Integrity in Government, Mr.
> Zaid
> also filed an action in June 1998, under the Freedom of Information Act
> that
> forced the Defense Department and the military to disclose thousands of
> pages of documents that were previously unseen. JMP recently represented
> Airman Jeffrey Bettendorf in his court-martial proceeding, the first
> involving
> an anthrax refuser, at Travis Air Force Base based on his refusal to
> submit
> to the anthrax vaccine. Currently, JMP represents four Marines who are
> facing court-martial proceedings at Twenty-Nine Palms in California.
>
> JMP is a Washington, D.C.-based non-profit organization with the
> primary purpose of educating the public on issues relating to
> intelligence
> gathering and operations, secrecy policies, national security and
> government
> wrongdoing. JMP also handles litigation under the Freedom of Information
> and Privacy Acts, including representation of news organizations,
> journalists,
> authors, intelligence officers, whistleblowers or others who allege harm
> at the hand of a government, foreign or domestic, in matters involving
> intelligence, national security and government accountability issues.

(tm) ****

Vicki

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99
> Alex, Bill, Vicki... Part 1.
> The following article is rather long, but well worth reading. Among other
> things, it points out that there were approximately 60 Italian made
> biological weapons sprayers that were fully deployed in southern Iraq and
> Kuwait. Fully deployed!
>
> That the Gulf War was the first time in history that vaccine records on
the
> troops were classified and remain classified to this day. That, contrary
> official statements, 43% of those inoculated against anthrax experienced
> immediate side effects.
>
> It reports that "We are dealing with bacterial warfare agents. We are
> dealing with chemical warfare agents. We are dealing with radiation
> poisoning. . . . The Department of Defense is covering this up."
>
> ..... that the active duty tumor rate in the U.S. military has increased
> more than 600% since 1990. That GWI is exploding in the civilian
population

> Read for yourself.
>
> =========================
>
> The Wanderer http://www.thewandererpress.com
> Issue Date of 1-21-98
>
> Feature Article
>
> Gulf War Illness Probe To Advance With New Study
> By PAUL LIKOUDIS
>
> Tom Clancy's latest novel Rainbow Six rivets readers with a fictional
> account of environmentalist elites who decide that the only way they can
> save the world is to radically eliminate over 95% of the human population.
> Some of the world's leading scientists develop a strain of viruses, which
> they call Shiva after the Indian goddess of death, and devise an ingenious
> method to infect the world's population.
>
> Part of Clancy's plot involves the development of two antibodies to fight
> the new virus, one of which will be for the world's elite, to inoculate
> them; the other for the sick, to make them sicker.
>
> But there's a more riveting reallife scenario unfolding in the United
States
> [...]
by
> the U.S. Army that their research had been validated and their Institute
for
> Molecular Medicine would be one of three centers, with the Armed Forces
> Institute of Pathology and the University of Texas at San Antonio,
involved
> in a $12 million Veterans' Administration funded project to develop a
> treatment for the debilitating and often fatal illness, an infection known
> technically as mycoplasma fermentans.
> Dr. Nicolson explains that slightly under one half of the Gulf War
veterans
> he has tested have shown signs of infection by mycoplasma fermentans.
>
> For the husband wife team of researchers, the army's notice came as a
> tremendous vindication after years of repeated attempts by government
> agencies to ruin their careers, their credibility, and their research.
>
> As both Nancy and Garth Nicolson wrote in the October, 1996 issue of
> Criminal Politics, since he began researching the causes of GWI, he has
> lived through a government sponsored "nightmare."
>
> "We were attacked by high level military physicians, ostracized by certain
> colleagues who spread rumors about our sanity, forced out of academic
> institutions by a concerted effort that involved nonstop administrative
> harassment, mail and courier theft, wiretaps, credit card fraud, breaking
> tenure contract, computer and documents theft, attempts to block our
> scientific and medical presentations, sabotage our clinical samples, and
> undermine our employees."
>
> Their ordeal over the past eight years since 1991 has convinced them that
> certain sections of the U.S. government, working with what might be called
> the "eugenics elite" at the country's top research labs in the fields of
> biochemistry and genetic engineering, are testing new designer biologic
> agents on the American public, starting with prisoners and military
> personnel.
>
> Who They Are
>
> The Doctors Garth and Nancy Nicolson are not your ordinary conspiracy
theory
> "nuts."
>
> Garth Nicolson before setting up the Institute for Molecular Medicine, a
> 501c3 corporation, in Huntington Beach, Calif. was the David Bruton, Jr.,
> Chair in Cancer Research and professor at the University of Texas M.D.
> Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, and professor of internal medicine and
> professor of pathology and laboratory medicine at the University of Texas
> Medical School at Houston.
>
> He was also adjunct professor of comparative medicine at Texas A&M
> University. Among the most cited scientists in the world, having published
> over 480 medical and scientific papers, edited 13 books, served on the
> editorial boards of 12 medical and scientific journals, and currently
> serving as editor of two (Clinical & Experimental Metastasis and the
Journal
> of Cellular Biochemistry), he has been the recipient of numerous research
> grants from the U.S. Army, the National Cancer Institute, National
> Institutes of Health, the American Cancer Society, and the National
> Foundation for Cancer Research. In 1998, he received the Stephen Paget
Award
> from the Cancer Metastasis Research Society and the Albert Schweitzer
Award
> [...]
> biological weapons and germ warfare, and had, in fact, publicly spoken in
> opposition to such research programs which are, in fact, banned by
> international treaties of which the U.S. is a signatory.
>
> She became deathly ill, becoming partly paralyzed; her thyroid was
affected
> and she contracted meningitis. But during this illness, she found the
> antibiotic Doxycycline helped her regain health.
>
> In 1991, six months after the Nicolson's daughter returned from the gulf,
> Sharron came down with an illness remarkably similar to what Nancy had
just
> recovered from: chronic fatigue, aching joints, diarrhea, vomiting, and
> fevers. The symptoms seemed similar to mycoplasma infection, and so the
> Nicolsons recommended treating her with Doxycycline.
>
> Sharron then began contacting her veteran friends, who were reporting
> similar problems, and of the 73 who tried the treatment, 55 reported an
> improvement in health.
>
> Now the plot thickens.
>
> That same year, Garth Nicolson began receiving reports of a "mystery
> illness" spreading among the employees of the Texas Department of Criminal
> Justice in Huntsville. Using gene tracking, the Nicolsons discovered these
> prison employees tested positive for mycoplasma fermentans infection.
>
> Prisoners in Huntsville, Palestine, and Victoria, Texas, had been given
> experimental flu vaccines purportedly developed by Tanox Biosystems on
> Stella Link in Houston, a company with close ties to Baylor, and the
testing
> was part of a U.S. Army sponsored program run by biotechnology firms.
>
> The inmates at Huntsville then began spreading their disease to the prison
> guards, who passed it on to family members and others in the general
> population, who then started coming down with symptoms similar to those of
> such dread diseases as Lou Gehrig's Disease, MS, and Guillian Barre
> Syndrome.
>
> As Garth Nicolson reported his discoveries, he encountered increasing
> hostility from his peers, including Dr. Charles LeMaistre, a friend of
> George Bush and the past president of the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center; Dr.
> George Young, chief of the VA in Houston; and Dr. Robert M. Couch, head of
> the Baylor Influenza Program, because his findings implied illegal
testing.

> Among Tanox's investors are George Bush and his former Secretary of State
> and fellow Texan James Baker III.
>
> As opposition rose, so did their understanding of M.D. Anderson's deep
> involvement in biological weapons research and testing since the late
1970s,
> and that M.D. Anderson was specifically engaged in research on mycoplasma
> fermentans as a biological weapon.
>
> Garth Nicolson resigned under pressure from M.D. Anderson in August, 1996,
> and was ordered to remove all his research equipment and materials from
M.D.
> Anderson, where he had served as senior tenured professor and department
> chairman for 16 years.
>
> "The administration was trying to restrict our activities in the area of
GWI
> and I resigned because of my stand on academic freedom and my right to
> pursue that particular line of investigation. I had unanimous internal
> clinical review board approval for the research," he told The Wanderer,
"but
> I suspect that then Major General Ronald Blanck, currently surgeon general
> of the army, was pressuring the M.D. Anderson administration to stop our
> research."
>
> Spreading The Disease
>
> In dozens of research reports for professional medical journals, and in
four
> separate, sworn testimonies before congressional committees, the Doctors
> Nicolson state their belief that Gulf War Illness was caused both by the
> vaccines soldiers sent to the gulf received and by airborne chemicals
> released when U.S. troops destroyed tons of Saddam Hussein's chemical
> weapons.
>
> Their testimony is that soldiers were exposed to five possible sources of
> exposure: vaccines, some of which were questionable and were contaminated
by
> microorganisms; blowback from destroyed biological and chemical weapons;
> factories and bunkers which stored the agents; approximately 60 Italian
made
> biological weapons sprayers that were fully deployed in southern Iraq and
> Kuwait; as well as airburst SCUD missiles equipped for delivery of
chemical
> and biological weapons.
> continued ...........The Gulf-Chat list is hosted by Verio, Inc.
> http://www.verio.net/

Vicki

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99
Thanks for sending that!

> Alex, Bill, Vicki...Part 2:
> Prior to deployment, the army administered vaccines, ostensibly, against
> weapons born anthrax, to 150,000 soldiers, often eight or nine shots at a
> time. Eightyfive percent of soldiers were told by their commanders that
they
> could not refuse the vaccines, under threat of courtmartial, and 43%
> experienced immediate side effects.
>
> Together, the vaccines and Saddam's chemical weapons produced a toxic
> cocktail producing GWI, the symptoms of which include: aching joints,
> chronic fatigue, memory loss, night sweats, headaches, skin rashes,
> depression, muscle spasms, dizziness, nausea, vision problems, sex
problems,
> urination problems, hair loss, bleeding gums, vision problems, and eye
pain.

> Perhaps the most frightening facet of GWI is that a large fraction of it
is
> a communicable disease caused by the biological weapons which Gulf War
vets
> have passed on to their wives, their children, including those in utero,
and
> even to pets.
> In his congressional testimony, Dr. Garth Nicolson stated that the Gulf

War
> was the first time in history that vaccine records on the troops were
> classified and remain classified to this day. The Department of Defense
has
> admitted, however, that over 400,000 records have disappeared.
>
> Former Air Force Captain Joyce Riley, a Gulf War vet and another major
> figure working to expose the causes of GWI, has concluded that medical
> records of approximately 70% of all Gulf War vets are listed as "missing."
>
> Another bizarre twist to this tale is that the army's medical records from
> the Gulf War were in storage at the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma
City
> when it was bombed.
>
> What has alarmed the Nicolsons, and other researchers, is that mycoplasmal
> infections are often relatively benign, but preliminary investigations of
> some mycoplasma found in some Gulf War veterans contains the HIV1 envelope
> gene, a component of the AIDS virus which renders the mycoplasma invasive,
> enabling it to spread throughout the body, alter DNA, and cause birth
> defects.
>
> Another frightful scenario is the possibility that some vets, who have
been
> infected with the mycoplasma disease but as yet show no symptoms, may be
> donating blood, and thereby infecting the larger population.
>
> This is the view of Dr. Patricia Axelrod, one of the first to speak out

> about Gulf War Illness. In a Dec. 12th, 1996 Montel interview, she said:
"We
> are dealing with bacterial warfare agents. We are dealing with chemical
> warfare agents. We are dealing with radiation poisoning. . . . The
> Department of Defense is covering this up."
>
> Already, as Life magazine reported in 1995, an abnormally high percentage
of
> children with birth defects have been born to Gulf War vets.
>
> More Mysteries
>
> On Feb. 9th, 1994, former Michigan Sen. Don Riegle, Jr., took to the floor
> of the U.S. Senate and reported: "Records available from the supplier for
> the period from 1985 until the present show that during this period,
> pathogenicbiologic agents meaning poisonous and other materials were
> exported to Iraq pursuant to application and licensing by the U.S.
> Department of Commerce.
>
> "Records prior to 1985 were not available, according to the supplier.
These
> exported materials were not attenuated or weakened and were capable of
> reproduction. Thus, from at least 1985 through 1989, the United States
> government approved the sale of quantities of potentially lethal
biological
> agents that could have been cultured or grown in large quantities in an
> Iraqi biological warfare program. . . .
>
> "I find it especially troubling that, according to the supplier's records,
> these materials were requested by and sent to Iraqi government agencies,
> including the Iraqi Atomic Energy Commission, the Iraq Ministry of Higher
> Education, the State Company for Drug Industries, and the Ministry of
Trade.
> While there may be legitimate needs for pathogens in medical research,
> closer scrutiny should be exercised."
>
> Among the chemicals sent to Iraq Riegle cited were Bacillus Anthacis,
> Clostridium Botulinum, Histoplasma Capsulatum, and Brucella Melitensis.
>
> "If you look at what the Iraqis were ordering," said Dr. Nicolson, "they
> were ordering far more than what they would need for legitimate testing
> purposes as controls for diagnostic testing."
>
> Among the companies granted export licenses to ship these toxic agents
> abroad was the American Type Culture Collection of Rockville, Md., and the
> federal government's own Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta was
> responsible for shipping some of the materials, according to Riegle's
> investigation.
>
> Strange Twists
>
> One of the strangest facts among the millions uncovered by investigators
> such as the Nicolsons and Captain Riley is that Nobel laureate Joshua
> Lederberg of Rockefeller University is on American Type Culture
Collection's
> board of directors.
>
> Lederberg is not only one of the world's leading experts on cutting edge
> molecular biology and genetics, but was also named to lead the
presidential
> commission to investigate the Gulf War disease by President Clinton.
>
> Lederberg, a member of the Department of Defense Science Board and an
> advocate of biological warfare, has helped steer Defense funds to
> organizations working on biological warfare.
>
> As chairman of the government's investigators into GWI, Lederberg claimed
> that his researchers could not discover any cause for Gulf War Illness.
>
> Another Nobel laureate who figures in this drama is Dr. James Watson, who
> won a Nobel in 1962 for physiology and medicine with two British
scientists,
> Francis Crick and Maurice Wilson, for his role in unraveling the molecular
> structure of DNA.
>
> In 1968, Watson became director of the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory of
> Quantitative Biology in New York, where he is a leading researcher in the
> Human Genome Project.
>
> Watson, with other doctors, was involved in the development of the flu
> vaccine which was used on the inmates in Texas prisons.
>
> Meanwhile, as the Clinton administration slowly changes its official
> position that Gulf War Illness is a myth, the Department of Defense
> acknowledges its past shortcomings in handling complaints related to GWI
and
> research on its causes; the Veterans Administration has reported that the

> active duty tumor rate in the U.S. military has increased more than 600%
> since 1990; there is a health crisis in the gulf states, with an estimated
> 15% - 20% of populations "sick" at any given time; birth defects and
infant
> deaths are soaring.
>
> In a September, 1996 appearance at Washington University in St. Louis,
Nobel
> laureate Edward O. Wilson, an environmental scientist, spoke on the
subject
> of downsizing the earth's population.
>
> The mildmannered Harvard professor of entomology, reported The St. Louis
> Post Dispatch (Sept. 12th, 1996), explained how the earth's population had
> to be brought down to "'the hundreds of millions' for a true ecological
> balance. . . .
>
> "A single global policy on population is unfeasible, he said. But efforts
> are under way in this and other populous nations to achieve zero
population
> growth and even depopulation, he said."
>
> The March/April, 1996 edition of Foreign Affairs published an article for
> its elite readership, "Why We Need a Smaller U.S. Population and How We
Can
> Achieve It."
>
> The stuff of fiction? Not anymore.
>
> "This story gets more and more tangled the deeper you dig," Dr. Nicolson
> told The Wanderer.
>
> Indeed it does, especially as GWI is exploding in the civilian population.
>
> For Gulf War vets, there is some good news, Dr. Nicolson said. "The
> Department of Defense and the Department of Veterans Affairs are now
> allowing physicians to treat microplasma infections in Gulf War Illness
> patients with antibiotics, according to our published protocols. "This
was
> not allowed just a few months ago."
>
> ---
> This message was posted to the Gulf-Chat mailing list. To unsubscribe
> from the Gulf-Chat list, send email to majo...@structured.net with
> "unsubscribe gulf-chat" in the message BODY, not the Subject: line.
> ---

> The Gulf-Chat list is hosted by Verio, Inc.
> http://www.verio.net/
> Verio claims no responsibility for Gulf-Chat list contents and
> provides the Gulf-Chat list as a community service.

Roedy Green

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99
On Sat, 1 May 1999 14:38:05 -0400, "Vicki" <tor...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

>> That the Gulf War was the first time in history that vaccine records on
>the
>> troops were classified and remain classified to this day. That, contrary
>> official statements, 43% of those inoculated against anthrax experienced
>> immediate side effects.
>>
>> It reports that "We are dealing with bacterial warfare agents. We are
>> dealing with chemical warfare agents. We are dealing with radiation
>> poisoning. . . . The Department of Defense is covering this up.

However, that still does not tell us WHO is using those agents.
Biological agents are very low tech. It would be more like Iraq than
the US to use them.

For the JAVA GLOSSARY and the CMP Utilities: <http://mindprod.com>
--
Roedy Green, Canadian Mind Products
-30-

Alex Garabet

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99
On Sat, 01 May 1999 18:53:34 GMT, ro...@mindprod.com (Roedy Green)
wrote:

>However, that still does not tell us WHO is using those agents.

It's not like someone is going to come forward and confess. A little
common sense is called for.

>Biological agents are very low tech.

How's that? If they were, how come terrorist org's aren't using them?
How come the most sophisticated bio weapons countries like Russia had
major accidents?

> It would be more like Iraq than
>the US to use them.

Is Iraq so sophisticated that they were able to infiltrate and
contaminate vaccine pools for the US military and various drug
companies and scientific institutes?

Tomoyuki Tanaka

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99

>> [USA is] responsible for the deaths of more civilians in Iraq,
>> since the end of that War, than THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF KOSOVO!
>
>is there a good book/article that argues that USA intends to
>kill Iraqi civilians systematically?

i found one good article.

DeGOOYER, ELISE.
Sanctions amount to genocide, activists say.(organization
attributes thousands of deaths US sanctions against Iraq).
National Catholic Reporter v35, n18 (March 5, 1999):5 (1 page).

Warfare and genocide were terms used by two activist to describe
the impact of economic sanctions on Iraq, where the World Health
Organization attributes at lest 5,000 deaths each month of
children under 5 to sanctions-related malnutrition and disease.

The speakers, Denis Halliday and Phyllis Bennis, painted a grim
picture of the effects of U.S. policy and called on the
religious community to take action to end sanctions on moral
grounds.

[...]

"Morally we are on very barren ground," said Halliday. "We don't
want to be held responsible for what is genocide in Iraq today."

Bennis added: "When the U.S. kills 200 children today and 200
children yesterday and 200 children tomorrow, this is no longer
a political issue, it's a moral issue."

lionel basil

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99

On Sat, 01 May 1999 03:01:40 GMT
George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr. <tyre...@workOMITmail.com>wrote:
<It's sold in Japan as a health supplement to ward off cancer. You sure it's
so deadly?>

It is believed that cancer and other diseases are greatly attributable to
the lack of oxygen in the afflicted area.
Interestingly, certain carcinogenic chemicals were inactivated when exposed
to Shark Liver Oil over a period of
time.

Shark Liver Oil is popular in the Orient where it is highly regarded as a
cancer preventive, an immunity system
booster, a body oxygen enhancer, and a stamina builder. Regular users of
HEALTHAIRE SQUALENE
RANDOMLY CLAIM resistance to colds and flu and other infections, youthful
stamina, quick recovery from
fatigue and weariness, more restful sleep, no constipation, less headaches,
sharper mental alertness, renewed
vitality, and a more radiant complexion.
The difference is as Alex mentioned -(Milk is a nutrient too when ingested.
When injected, it will kill you. Subtle, but deadly difference.)

Milk is a nutrient too when ingested. When injected, it will kill you.
Subtle, but deadly difference.

George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr.

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
On 1 May 1999 23:40:46 GMT, tan...@catbert.ucdavis.edu (Tomoyuki
Tanaka) wrote:

The major nations of the world permit IRAQ to sell sufficient oil to
buy food and medicine. That they choose not to use those funds to keep
their children alive does not mean that WE are killing the children.

George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr.

Alex Garabet

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
On Sun, 02 May 1999 00:41:42 GMT, tyre...@workOMITmail.com (George
Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr.) wrote:

>The major nations of the world permit IRAQ to sell sufficient oil to
>buy food and medicine.

Do you consider 25-50 cents a day for food and medicine sufficient?
Your statement is a repetition of US government misinformation. What
good is it to allow them to sell "as much oil as they want", and at
the same time deny them parts that would allow them to repair their
oil industry in order to sell enough oil. It is a hollow and
disingenuous offer. An anonymous US official at the UN recently
admitted to a US paper that the US has been fooling around for seven
years to keep the sanctions on.

>That they choose not to use those funds to keep
>their children alive

WRONG, for the millionth time, please do your homework before posting
this irresponsible crap. The oil for food fund is controlled by the
UN. The program does not work.

>does not mean that WE are killing the children.

You won't get off so easily. You ARE killing them as long as you
support the sanctions.

George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr.

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
On Sun, 02 May 1999 04:30:51 GMT, gar...@west.netNOSPAM (Alex
Garabet) wrote:

>On Sun, 02 May 1999 00:41:42 GMT, tyre...@workOMITmail.com (George
>Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr.) wrote:
>

>>The major nations of the world permit IRAQ to sell sufficient oil to
>>buy food and medicine.
>
>Do you consider 25-50 cents a day for food and medicine sufficient?

No. But, then, that is NOT the amount available. That amount is a
SUPPLEMENT to Iraq sufficient for those purposes. Iraq has a percapita
GDP of about $2,000 per year, though estimates are difficult, of
course. The supplement is about 10% of that.

>Your statement is a repetition of US government misinformation. What
>good is it to allow them to sell "as much oil as they want", and at
>the same time deny them parts that would allow them to repair their
>oil industry in order to sell enough oil. It is a hollow and
>disingenuous offer.

The food and medicine are delivered to IRAQ - about two billion a
year.

> An anonymous US official at the UN recently
>admitted to a US paper that the US has been fooling around for seven
>years to keep the sanctions on.

I agree. The US wants to keep the sanctions on and will use any excuse
to do that.

>>That they choose not to use those funds to keep
>>their children alive
>
>WRONG, for the millionth time, please do your homework before posting
>this irresponsible crap. The oil for food fund is controlled by the
>UN. The program does not work.

I note that the number of births in IRAQ exceeds the number of deaths
by about six to one. Here it is about one to one. I guess we are six
times worse off.

>>does not mean that WE are killing the children.
>>

>You won't get off so easily. You ARE killing them as long as you
>support the sanctions.

What is the death rate of IRAQI children compared to elsewhere? I
don;t know.

WHy isn't a percapita GDP of about $2,000 enough? Especially with the
supplement of 2 billion a year in food and medicine?

>Alex Garabet gar...@west.netNOSPAM
>To email me, remove the NOSPAM from my email.

George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr.

lionel basil

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99

George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr.Sun, 02 May 1999 13:48:53 GMT

<But, then, that is NOT the amount available. That amount is a SUPPLEMENT to
Iraq sufficient for those purposes. Iraq
has a percapita GDP of about $2,000 per year, though estimates are
difficult, of course. The supplement is about 10% of
that.>

George,
30 percent of that has to be given to the rich little kingdom of Kuwait
under
UN-dictated "reparations."

Has Vietnam ever been awarded reparations for being invaded? Or
Panama? Or Grenada?

Before the war, Iraq sold $20 billion a year in oil. Now it’s
expected to survive and repair the damage
of war with less than a tenth that amount.

No wonder a growing international movement has sprung up to end
the sanctions. Sanctions are
genocide, an act of war by the rich and powerful to crush any who
dare to assert independence.

???

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
In soc.culture.yugoslavia lionel basil <lionel...@nashville.com> wrote:

: George,

: 30 percent of that has to be given to the rich little kingdom of Kuwait
: under
: UN-dictated "reparations."

I've never been abig fan of reparations. Though, I suppose Iraq should
foot SOME of the bill for their war.

: Has Vietnam ever been awarded reparations for being invaded?

Er. Vietnam was never invaded. North Vietnam invaded South Vietnam.
They eventually defeated the South. Their prize? The SOUTH. They can
piss off if they want US to pay them anything. They didn't defeat us;
they just made us want to leave.

: Or
: Panama?

Yeah. They get a canal. They get independence. Both of which were
carved from Columbia courtosy of American toil.

: Or Grenada?

What the hell do they want? Bah.. they owe US. Now they don't have to
listen to Cuban and Soviet military jets take-off and land on their
island at all hours of the night.

: Before the war, Iraq sold $20 billion a year in oil. Now it’s

: expected to survive and repair the damage
: of war with less than a tenth that amount.

Hey. They agreed to the cease-fire. They could have said no. Of course,
I suspect they would have then found coalition tanks in Bagdad. So,
they kept their government by agreeing to our terms. Now, they can HONOR
those terms.

It is ALL in their hands. It seems Saddam is willing to trade the well
being of his nation for his weapons. *THAT* is what I would call
genocide.

: No wonder a growing international movement has sprung up to end
: the sanctions. Sanctions are

It seems they are running out of things to whine about...

: genocide, an act of war by the rich and powerful to crush any who
: dare to assert independence.

I see. So, when Iraq invaded Kuwait, they were asserting their
independence? Wow. Interesting definition...