Russian women are sex slaves in Israeli brothels

Janus

Aug 26, 2001, 8:33:05 PM8/26/01
Tel Aviv brothels 'modern-day slave trade'
By Marion Marrache

TEL AVIV (August 27) - MK Zehava Gal-On went slumming last night. As
head of the Knesset Committee of Inquiry into Trafficking in Women,
she and two other members of the nine-member committee took the press
on a fact-finding tour of Tel Aviv's brothels.

MK Marina Solotzkin and MK Tamar Gozansky also attended.

Shuki Baleli, Vice Squad chief for the Tel Aviv District, was the tour
guide. He took the group to a small brothel, The Palace Club near the
Diamond Exchange, where there were three women working, then to a
larger establishment at the Yitzhak Sadeh section of town, where 12
women sat waiting for clients in the Banana Health Club.

"The point of this tour," said Gal-On, "is to see first-hand the
places and the conditions, and to hear what the women feel."

Baleli said he is concerned about the state of the women's health.

He said they rarely ever go to a doctor unless they are in pain. "If
they die, no one will even know who they are," he added.

"It is modern-day slave trade," said Gal-On, "and the sentences for
the pimps are not harsh enough, as judges still do not take this
matter seriously enough. They pay more attention to drug dealing and
murder. At the worst, [the pimps] spend a couple of years in jail, but
they make a fortune."

In the Banana Health Club, there were rooms with velvet-covered beds
and built-in showers. Some rooms had hiding places under the beds in
case of a raid, while others had secret passageways behind mirrors for
a quick escape.

Bijou, the pimp at the Palace Club, said the women make NIS 150 for
half-hour's work, which is split 50-50 with him. Gal-On said she
doubted this, adding that at a similar place in Eilat, one pimp told
her the women make NIS 120 - "NIS 100 for me, NIS 20 for them."

Baleli said the women receive a maximum of 20 percent of the take.
Nevertheless, they are better off financially than they were at home
in the former Soviet Union, he said.

Angela, a 24-year-old from Moscow, said that even though her entire
family is in the FSU, she prefers to stay here. "Life is better," she
said. "I don't know what else I could do."

There are 250 brothels in the Tel Aviv region, the largest number in
the country, yet Supt. Pini Aviram, head of the team that investigates
these cases, decries the fact that his team for this task comprises
only four members, all Russian-speakers. "Our problem is manpower. We
need people who can speak to the people in their own language, and
properly interrogate them."

The tour was supposed to carry on to the old central bus station area,
but the MKs decided they had seen enough

Rigor Mortis

Aug 27, 2001, 11:13:27 AM8/27/01

At least the Israelis are trying to do something about this problem.
However, what about the Russian & Philippino & Pakistani woman,
etc who are enslaved for sex in Arab countries? What is being
done about their plight? In those countries they do not have a
free press to publicise their cause. What about the women trafficked
for the sex industry across the EU and the USA? Why highlight
Israel alone NaziBoy Janus? I don't think you give a flying fuck for
Russian woman. You are just looking for any excuse to throw mud
at Israel.

Incidentally, according to one report I saw the PLO are major
organisers of the sex trade. This way they raise cash in the similar
way to the IRA's involvement in the drugs trade (as indeed also
is the PLO).

StephR

Aug 27, 2001, 7:33:20 AM8/27/01
Russian women are sex slaves in shitloads of brothels - go to China and
check out how just many.

Steph.

Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj

Aug 28, 2001, 1:19:38 AM8/28/01
StephR wrote:

China is a big place. Too big to go looking at random.
But since you have experience, just where should one go?
But why go to China, when Tel Aviv is so much more
convenient and western. They will gladly service you
in Russian, or English, and probably in German,
and accept payment in US$, Sterling, Deutchsmarks,
or Euros, but probably not rubles.

Anyways, why are you trying to divert attention towards
China?

AG

Aug 28, 2001, 3:19:38 PM8/28/01
And most of their customers are Muslim Arabs... That is a fact. The like
while meat...

Rigor Mortis

Aug 28, 2001, 2:07:29 PM8/28/01

Even more convenient is any large town or city in Europe.
On the Czech side of the main road from Berlin to Prague,
for example, you can buy a 16 year old girl for sex cheaper
than you can buy a breakfast in the local transport cafe.

According to the reports I have seen (e.g. Haaretz Jan 25, 01)
officers from the Palestinian Authority's "police" are operating
brothels in the Gaza Strip.

The obvious point of the original article is not that the poster
gives a fuck about the traffic in Russian women as he (she?)
cares about any opportunity to defame Israel. This is perfectly
clear from the ngs to which the article was trolled and the
totally unbalanced nature of its content.

Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj

Aug 28, 2001, 11:12:42 PM8/28/01
AG wrote:

> Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj wrote in message <3B8B29EA...@bellsouth.net>...
> >StephR wrote:
> >
> >> Russian women are sex slaves in shitloads of brothels - go to China and
> >> check out how just many.
> >>
> >> Steph.
> >
> >China is a big place. Too big to go looking at random.
> >But since you have experience, just where should one go?
> >But why go to China, when Tel Aviv is so much more
> >convenient and western. They will gladly service you
> >in Russian, or English, and probably in German,
> >and accept payment in US$, Sterling, Deutchsmarks,
> >or Euros, but probably not rubles.
> >
> >Anyways, why are you trying to divert attention towards
> >China?
> >
> And most of their customers are Muslim Arabs... That is a fact.
> The like while meat...

Even if what you write were true, it does not change the facts
about the white slave trade indulged in by the Israelis.
All that your comment reveals is your attitudes towards the
Palestinians.
But back to your accusation. Please provide any untainted
evidence that "most of their customers are Muslim Arabs"

Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj

Aug 28, 2001, 11:39:16 PM8/28/01
Rigor Mortis wrote:

Indeed, it would have been better, had the original poster
Ja...@artlover.com provided better cross referencing to the
article which he/she posted. It appears to be from some
Israeli newspaper.

" " " "
Tel Aviv brothels 'modern-day slave trade'
By Marion Marrache

TEL AVIV (August 27) - MK Zehava Gal-On went slumming last night. As
head of the Knesset Committee of Inquiry into Trafficking in Women,
she and two other members of the nine-member committee took the press
on a fact-finding tour of Tel Aviv's brothels.

MK Marina Solotzkin and MK Tamar Gozansky also attended.

" " " "
Therefore you can blame Marion Marrache and Zehava Gal-On on the
"unbalanced" content!

Is there anything about the contents of the article which is
untrue, or inaccurate? For example the methods used to keep the
girls quiet?

Do you feel that your mud slinging in anyway changes the facts
of the white slave trade practised by Israelis.

Kent Betts

Aug 29, 2001, 3:30:04 AM8/29/01
There are lots of Russian women working as prostitutes in Russia. So what's
the big deal ir some of them work in Israel?

Kent Betts

Aug 29, 2001, 3:33:01 AM8/29/01
Give me a break. Most Israelis, including the police, would be happier if
the Russian prostitutes would go home.

Rigor Mortis

Aug 30, 2001, 7:14:18 AM8/30/01

Maybe, assuming that the asshole who posted this stuff did not
add a little extra. In any case, even assuming that the article
has not been interfered with, the asshole is still responsible
for what _he or she_ posted.

>Is there anything about the contents of the article which is
>untrue, or inaccurate? For example the methods used to keep the
>girls quiet?

How would I know? I don't even know if the article has not
been doctored by the antisemite who posted it. I'll bet you can
find Russian women in brothels across Europe from Poland
to Spain and from Russian to the UK.

>Do you feel that your mud slinging in anyway changes the facts
>of the white slave trade practised by Israelis.

I am not mud slinging (I'll leave that to the asshole who posted
the original article). If he or she is that concerned about Russian
woman and the slave trade let him post a full and detailed
account from his own research concerning this evil trade as
practised throughout much of the world (and not only concerning
Russian women). However, that is not the agenda of the
original poster. His/her sole purpose is to defame Israel by
whatever means.

StephR

Aug 30, 2001, 11:05:50 AM8/30/01

"Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj" <urj...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> StephR wrote:
>
> > Russian women are sex slaves in shitloads of brothels - go to China and
> > check out how just many.
> >
> > Steph.
>
> China is a big place. Too big to go looking at random.
> But since you have experience, just where should one go?

Go to ANY large hotel and look like you've got some $.

Steph.

> But why go to China, when Tel Aviv is so much more
> convenient and western.
> They will gladly service you
> in Russian, or English, and probably in German,
> and accept payment in US$, Sterling, Deutchsmarks,
> or Euros, but probably not rubles.

They're called Hookers, and exist everywhere.

> Anyways, why are you trying to divert attention towards
> China?

Bcse you're a FUCKWIT who gets easily diverted.

Steph.

Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj

Aug 31, 2001, 1:44:59 AM8/31/01
StephR wrote:

I am not familiar with your technical terminology.
Would you please explain your term FUCKWIT.

What you are describing in China are free agents.
In Israel, in Tel Aviv they appear to be closeley kept by force
in factory type establishments.
There is a slight distinction between simple prostitution
and sex slavery.

Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj

Aug 31, 2001, 1:51:29 AM8/31/01
Kent Betts wrote:

> There are lots of Russian women working as prostitutes in Russia.
> So what's the big deal ir some of them work in Israel?

The issue is sex slavery.

Kanuk_member

Aug 31, 2001, 8:31:51 AM8/31/01
Bingo!

brutus

Aug 31, 2001, 10:11:42 AM8/31/01

"Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj" <urj...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Correct...the jewish mafia is to be feared..the myth of the russian mafia
is a western thing..the russian mafia is in fact jewish...the jewish mafia
kingpins of the sex slavery ,money laundering ,arms smuggling (ironically
some weapons go to terrorists) receantly they have gained control of the
designer drug empire..are major middlemen in most of the worlds other
drugs..historically they were
heavily involved in the african slave trade to the americas(despite great
efforts to distance themselves)...Ironically
there is a movement to recover damages for slavery which if succesful will
target jewish companies identified with the slave trade..what goes around
come around..
The power of the jewish mafia can be seen in the great Italian child snuff
movie bust...child slaves were kidnapped to order by jews and raped by
Jewish men and women, tortured to death...every scream and every agony
filmed by the jewish spielburg wannabes...
you would think that such a story would be sensational..
not withstanding that jewish pressure groups tried to hush up the arrests
and pay off news mongels..what happened next was the Italian journalists
outraged at the censorship took over the main Italian T.V centre and held
out long enought against authorities to transmit the snuff movie
tapes..Now that was sensational as well..two major world shaking
stories..what happened they were killed everywhere..indeed in america you
would have been hard pressed to find anything in the papers..the jewish
mafia
have powere bases in most countries and are truly international..quirky
Isreali laws allow them bolt holes..
bribery and the perversion of justice allow them notice of any actions
against them..Indeed the have close ties with Israelis secret services and
sometimes the line blurs between agents and mafia..if indeed they do get
caught the old blood money and calling in of favours and blackmail
begins....

groundzero

Sep 2, 2001, 6:54:50 AM9/2/01
Dear Reader,

Please excuse the late arrival of this Limey into this forum, but please
could someone tell me where does one find such female Russians in Israel
working, or forced into such activities - so that these tales can be
substantiated emperically, than mere hearsay rumours.

Jim.

"Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj" <urj...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

StephR

Sep 2, 2001, 9:33:10 AM9/2/01

"Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj" <urj...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Of course you are - its the first name pple think of when they see you.

> What you are describing in China are free agents.
> In Israel, in Tel Aviv they appear to be closeley kept by force
> in factory type establishments.

Free agents in China ??? Its an industry like every else on this planet -
familiar with the way multi million dollar industries operate ?? Hint:
They operate the same from Tel Aviv to Beijing. Next time you visit a
whorehouse in China ask your free agent about freedom.

Please lad do us all a favour and pop those prozacs bfre getting on Usenet.

> There is a slight distinction between simple prostitution
> and sex slavery.

Yes, and its a difference you're incapable of identifying.

Steph.

Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj

Sep 2, 2001, 10:36:15 PM9/2/01
groundzero wrote:

> Dear Reader,
>
> Please excuse the late arrival of this Limey into this forum, but please
> could someone tell me where does one find such female Russians in Israel
> working, or forced into such activities - so that these tales can be
> substantiated emperically, than mere hearsay rumours.
>
> Jim.

Well, local participants from Tel Aviv Israel would be the most reliable
informatns. But to get you started, let me repost for you the article that
started this exchange. It lists three establishments. Also I repost a url
with good authoritative information.
The url is:
http://www.uri.edu/artsci/wms/hughes/catw/israel.htm

The article is:

--------------------- end of quoted article -------------------

And good luck on your fact finding mission.
Do keep us informed of your discoveries?

Rigor Mortis

Sep 3, 2001, 9:47:08 AM9/3/01
On Sun, 02 Sep 2001 22:36:15 -0400, "Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj" <urj...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>groundzero wrote:
>
>> Dear Reader,
>>
>> Please excuse the late arrival of this Limey into this forum, but please
>> could someone tell me where does one find such female Russians in Israel
>> working, or forced into such activities - so that these tales can be
>> substantiated emperically, than mere hearsay rumours.
>>
>> Jim.

The objection is not to you posting the article (assuming that you
have not added a little editing yourself). The objection is that the
subject heading "Russian women are sex slaves in Israeli brothels"
is not justified by the article. Maybe your English language comprehension
is not up to it, but the sentence "It is modern-day slave trade,"
(said Gal-On) is rhetorical (i.e. not meant to be taken as meaning that
they really are slaves in the true sense of the word). In my opinion
you are either a troll or an antisemite out to defame Jews by whatever
means comes to hand.

Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj

Sep 3, 2001, 2:17:35 PM9/3/01
Rigor Mortis wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Sep 2001 22:36:15 -0400, "Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj" <urj...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> >groundzero wrote:
> >
> >> Dear Reader,
> >>
> >> Please excuse the late arrival of this Limey into this forum, but please
> >> could someone tell me where does one find such female Russians in Israel
> >> working, or forced into such activities - so that these tales can be
> >> substantiated emperically, than mere hearsay rumours.
> >>
> >> Jim.
> >>

> The objection is not to you posting the article (assuming that you
> have not added a little editing yourself).

The article which I reposted, was originaly posted to: scr, scj, sci ...
on 8/26. Here is the header, and you may verify that nothing was
modified by me.

From: Ja...@artlover.com (Janus)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.russian, soc.culture.palestine, soc.culture.usa,
soc.culture.europe, soc.culture.british, soc.culture.israel, soc.culture.jewish
Subject: Russian women are sex slaves in Israeli brothels
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 00:33:05 GMT

If the article has expired on your local server, you should be able
to retrieve it on Google.

> The objection is that the
> subject heading "Russian women are sex slaves in Israeli brothels"
> is not justified by the article. Maybe your English language comprehension
> is not up to it, but the sentence "It is modern-day slave trade,"
> (said Gal-On) is rhetorical (i.e. not meant to be taken as meaning that
> they really are slaves in the true sense of the word). In my opinion
> you are either a troll or an antisemite out to defame Jews by whatever
> means comes to hand.

This article does not stand on its lonesome in a vacuum. Many of the other articles
describe the slavery aspect: enforced servitude, buying and selling of the women, etc.
of the situation in more detail.
So the statement "It is a modern-day slave trade" is a simple description of the realities.
No rhetoric involved.