Prophets of Doom’ – History Channel Scary TV

Raymond

Jan 29, 2011, 8:36:59 PM1/29/11
Prophets of Doom’ – History Channel Scary TV
Large institutions are the most vulnerable

The History Channel aired a two-hour program entitled ‘Prophets of
Doom’. My kind of programming! Assembled were five experts in
Apocalyptic scenarios; Michael Ruppert, Nathan Hagens, John Cronin,
James Howard Kunstler, Professor Hugo De Garis and Robert Gleason.
Each shared their views with one another and compared notes on how
they think civilization will collapse. And to think I could have been
watching ‘The People’s Choice Awards’ instead!

The consensus of the panel from the History Channel’s ‘Prophets of
Doom’ was that we are facing many serious issue all at once.
Individually, any of them could cause a collapse of civilization.

Is ‘Peak Oil’ real? The History Channel’s ‘Prophets of Doom’ say Yes!

‘Prophets of Doom’ starts off with Michael Ruppert, an ex-police
officer and detective who is mighty worried about Peak Oil. That is
the point where production begins to decline, forever. The United
States hit it’s domestic Peak Oil in 1970. Many analysts say that we
are near, or are already now in, the Global Peak Oil moment. Ruppert
tells us that about 5 Billion people alive today owe their existence
to our dependency on oil and natural gas. He’s looking for a mass
culling, with the world depopulating, suddenly or steadily, from here
on out.

Nathan Hagens, a former hedge fund manager takes a similar view but
sees the financial system as the shakiest plank on the deck. He
believes our monetary system is one big global Ponzi scheme. The
United States is insolvent. We are in the middle of two races;
Technology versus Depletion and the National Debt vs. Natural
Resources. Our problem is both Peak Oil and Peak Credit. One is bad
enough, but we are facing two at once.

Or is it three? John Cronin has been studying our freshwater situation
and he concludes that it is getting scarcer. Not only is our supply of
freshwater running short, but the quality of the water we have is
getting worse. Shortages will become more frequent and the potential
for disease and contamination increases. The other prophets agree that
water is an essential need for survival.

James Howard Kunstler was a journalist who often covered energy
issues. Like others, he is also concerned about Peak Oil. He sees an
Energy Crunch coming soon. Kunstler cites the Hirsch Report,
authorized by the Department of Energy in 2005. Hirsch spells out that
we are indeed approaching the Global Peak Oil point in history. But
the DoE buried the report because the findings were just too dismal.
Kunstler believes that it is a common human frailty that the desperate
become delusional.

Professor Hugo De Garis is less concerned with human frailty as he is
with the coming age of self-aware robots. An expert in Artificial
Intelligence, De Garis sees us rapidly approaching ‘The Singularity’
point, where robots will be able to think and act independently. The
IQ gap between Man and Machine is steadily decreasing. The future is
automated, says De Garis. He gives the example of South Korea, which
is making it a national effort to develop a domestic home robot that
will be in every home by 2020. Will robots develop into a rebellious
force that will take over and dominate, if not outright eliminate,
Humanity?

Finally, Robert Gleason brings us back down to Earth with an ever
growing worry, nuclear terrorism. As editor for ‘End of Days’, he
talks regularly with military and intelligence experts. While the
threat of a nuclear war between nations seems less, the threat of
nuclear terrorism has increased. Security at many facilities, even
some in the United States, is very poor. Russia arrests nearly 500
people a year trying to steal fissionable material. Al Qaeda and other
groups are eager to get their hands on enough to build a bomb.

The consensus of the panel from the History Channel’s ‘Prophets of
Doom’ was that we are facing many serious issue all at once.
Individually, any of them could cause a collapse of civilization. The
ensemble of Michael Ruppert, Nathan Hagen, John Cronin, James Howard
Kunstler, Professor Hugo De Garis and Robert Gleason, all paint a dire
picture. But they do offer some ideas for softening the perils. At the
heart of it is decentralization. Localizing food production and water
purification would go a long way to saving lives. Large institutions
are the most vulnerable in their Apocalyptic scenarios. But they
advocate cooperation, not the isolation of running for the hills or
crawling inside a bunker.

http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=2706

Related Articles:
Peak Oil Debunked
Debunking the Myth of Peak Oil – Why the Age of Cheap Oil is Far From
Over (Part 1)
Peak Oil Doomsters debunked, end of civilization called off

Peak Oil Preparation: Get Out of Debt 2/3 - Michael Ruppert
Stay out of the stock market.... Invest in gold to be secure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPOrxAORhNI&feature=related

charles q

Jan 29, 2011, 11:28:54 PM1/29/11

Ya know,I watch a lot of those shows etc and i have to say that many
of the things predicted have and are taking place right now.What
really makes me wonder though is the unbelieveable amount of
earthquakes that have been taking place all over the world the last
few years.Now that really has me wondering if this is a prelude to
future events

Day Brown

Jan 30, 2011, 9:56:56 PM1/30/11
On 01/29/2011 07:36 PM, Raymond wrote:
> The consensus of the panel from the History Channel’s ‘Prophets of
> Doom’ was that we are facing many serious issue all at once.
> Individually, any of them could cause a collapse of civilization. The
> ensemble of Michael Ruppert, Nathan Hagen, John Cronin, James Howard
> Kunstler, Professor Hugo De Garis and Robert Gleason, all paint a dire
> picture. But they do offer some ideas for softening the perils. At the
> heart of it is decentralization. Localizing food production and water
> purification would go a long way to saving lives. Large institutions
> are the most vulnerable in their Apocalyptic scenarios. But they
> advocate cooperation, not the isolation of running for the hills or
> crawling inside a bunker.
>
> http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=2706
I've been concerned ever since the 73 Oil embargo. But its hard to argue
things have not gotten worse. But as I say in another post, I've seen
abandoned bunkers in my neck of Ozark woods. They had plenty of guns and
ammo, but didnt even know how to raise turnips, and when their MREs ran
out, so did they.

> Related Articles:
> Peak Oil Debunked
> Debunking the Myth of Peak Oil – Why the Age of Cheap Oil is Far From
> Over (Part 1)
> Peak Oil Doomsters debunked, end of civilization called off
>
> Peak Oil Preparation: Get Out of Debt 2/3 - Michael Ruppert
> Stay out of the stock market.... Invest in gold to be secure
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPOrxAORhNI&feature=related

Gold? The gold will belong to those with the biggest guns and the most
bullets. Gold assumes there is still a free market where people sell
food or whatever for it. You cant eat gold, and after you starve, then
I'll stop by to pick it up.

Murphy's law says that whatever I prepare for is not what happens, so I
prepare for economic collapse. I've a big garden. I eat what I grow, get
plenty of exercise, was out cutting firewood today, and sleep well.

But all this said, Yankees have always been lucky, developing what was
really needed just in time, often leaving someone else hold the bag.
I'm not a prophet, just an observer.

And what I see, is that even as prepared as you could be is like a
bigger canoe paddle to steer the ship of life thru the coming storm.
Lotsa luck. The best preparation, BY FAR, is to live in a village that
knows how to manage its own local resource base that is not on the way
to any rich target zone.

Agrarian villages have endured for millennia by not ever having gold and
investing whatever they had in non-portable assets like barns or grain
mils. Prefer big strong ugly women. Prefer root crops not grain.

On hearing an army was coming, they took what food they could carry,
burying the rest of the turnips under the leaf litter. When soldiers got
there, there was no gold, no silver, no food, and no pussy.

But I dunno where you'd find people now with the social and material
skills to run a village, much less a town or city. you arent going to
acquire the skills reading the postings either.

--
When the Goddess invented sex, She was beside Herself.

charles q

Feb 6, 2011, 1:06:14 AM2/6/11
On Jan 29, 5:36 pm, Raymond <Bluerhy...@aol.com> wrote:

The rpoblem with the 73 oil fiasco was the fact that there was no
shortage of oil at all.We use to do a lot of contracting work at the
MArathon refinery in Detroit and we were close personal friends with
the company's buyer as he was a family friend.As he said there was no
shortage the problem waS INDEED THERE WAS TO MUCH OIL ALL HOLDING
TFACILITIES WERE FULL AND THEY HAD FULL OIL TANKERS SITTING OFF THE
OATS OF nEW yORK AT THE TIME WAITING BECAUSE THEY HAD NO PLACE TO
UNLOAD THEIR OIL AT BECAUSE EVERYTHING WAS FULL.iT WAS NOTHING MORE
THAN A PLOY BY THE OIL COMPANY'S AND CETAIN PEOPLE IN WASHINGTONM WHO
HAD INTERESTS AND OR THEIR HANDS IN THE POCKETS OF THE OIL GIANTS