Colorado To Ban Gas-Powered Lawn Mowers

68g.1509

Feb 19, 2024, 12:26:01 AMFeb 19
https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/west/colorado-bans-use-of-gas-powered-lawn-equipment-by-state-agencies-starting-2025/

Colorado bans use of gas-powered lawn equipment by state agencies
starting 2025

. . .

Well ... I guess it will soon be called "The Weedy State" :-)

Another case of where ideology displaces reality. It will
not work of course, but the ideologists will PRETEND it does
for as long as possible.

Gronk

Feb 19, 2024, 1:13:37 AMFeb 19
"state agencies" "state agencies" "state agencies"

68g.1509

Feb 19, 2024, 7:10:26 AMFeb 19
That's THIS week. It'll spread - greenie moral imperative.

Mitchell Holman

Feb 19, 2024, 9:34:24 AMFeb 19
"68g.1509" <68g....@exr3.net> wrote in

> https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/west/colorado-bans-use-of-gas-pow
> ered-lawn-equipment-by-state-agencies-starting-2025/
>
> Colorado bans use of gas-powered lawn equipment by state agencies
> starting 2025

State's Rights!

No?

Lee

Feb 19, 2024, 10:59:39 AMFeb 19
Is the air in Colorado too clean?

68g.1509

Feb 20, 2024, 1:11:57 AMFeb 20
It's very clean, I lived there once - though not on
the east slope.

It's Greenie fanaticism. No sense of reality or proportion.
All virtue-signaling and posturing and micro-managing the
masses.

pothead

Feb 20, 2024, 9:12:08 AMFeb 20
Yes.
It's all about controlling the masses.
COVID was a dry run to see how much the elite (government) could get away with and it was a massive
success as the sheep followed along.

I don't care if people wish to use electric mowers but give the consumer a choice instead of
mandating it.
Electric mowers are actually pretty good for the average person.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

oldernow

Feb 20, 2024, 9:26:57 AMFeb 20
On 2024-02-20, pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:

> It's all about controlling the masses.
>
> COVID was a dry run to see how much the elite (government)
> could get away with and it was a massive success as the
> sheep followed along.

It's no wonder we call the opposite of within *without*....

--
oldernow
xyz001 at nym.hush.com

Lee

Feb 20, 2024, 11:05:49 AMFeb 20
Some of us remember the days before
"greenie fanaticism", with brownouts
and smog alerts and school closings.
IF "burdensome regulations" mean
clean air and clean water and safe
food, bring them on.

68g.1509

Feb 20, 2024, 2:33:23 PMFeb 20
Mmmmmmmm ! Smog .....

The smell of progress and wealth.

Note how I used to term "fanaticism". The problem
was not de-smogging cars ; that was just necessary,
esp in larger cities. The problem was that 'green'
became a sort of religion, theology, unbound by
the rules of logic and evidence and proportion.
It's inquisitors preach and rail and whip the
infidel public over every microscopic 'green'-
seeming nuance they can rationalize.

At least the faux-Druids dancing nekked under the
moonlight for Gaia are harmless. "Green" became
not-so-harmless, it cost us a lot of business.
The hypocrisy has also become impressive ...
where it's OK for China to send slaves to destroy
the landscape in search of lithium - and let's
not forget the VERY damaging 'bio-fuel' crusade
which has led to vast tropical rain-forests being
plowed-down for palm-oil plantations. Just the
other day Singapore said it will REQUIRE "bio-
fuel" in any commercial jets.

https://www.esgtoday.com/singapore-to-require-sustainable-aviation-fuel-use-on-all-departing-flights-from-2026/

Bye bye rain-forests ...

pothead

Feb 20, 2024, 5:58:51 PMFeb 20
And you think you had problems with brownouts way back when?
Wait until you see what happens if all of these EV are on the grid.
It will be rolling blackouts for sure because the infrastructure to support them is not there.

68g.1509

Feb 20, 2024, 9:18:14 PMFeb 20
British greenies were all gung-ho on forcing home-owners
to scrap their oil-fired heating units for electric ones -
didn't look like there was gonna be much choice in the
matter. THEN someone FINALLY ran the figures and it was
realized that they'd have to at least double, triple in
some places, the capacity of the national electrical grid
to cover the new need - which would be INSANELY, IMPOSSIBLY,
expensive. Suddenly that green crusade quietly vanished ...

Siri Cruise

Feb 21, 2024, 12:12:48 AMFeb 21
pothead wrote:
> I don't care if people wish to use electric mowers but give the consumer a choice instead of
> mandating it.
> Electric mowers are actually pretty good for the average person.

California is restricting all air polluters to stop poisonning
children. I understand how much you care about children.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Governor Swill

Feb 21, 2024, 6:36:47 PMFeb 21
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 14:12:04 -0000 (UTC), pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:

>I don't care if people wish to use electric mowers but give the consumer a choice instead of
>mandating it.

Why not? We've mandated lots of stuff for the public good. Emissions controls, safety
standards, unleaded gasoline, safety harnesses for high work, child safety seats, vitamin
D in milk, hard hats for hazardous work areas, food and drug standards to keep the food
and drug supply safe.

You may not realize that at one time, cocaine, opium and heroin were all legally sold as
medications OTC - no prescription required.

Laudanum, little more than opium laced liqueur was the go to remedy for "female trouble"
Opioid addiction was common among women in affluent households.

Swill
NP: Aerosmith - Dream On
--
Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

"I don't want everybody to vote. As a matter of fact, our leverage in
the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."
- Paul Weyrich, co founder of Heritage Foundation and Moral Majority

Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Governor Swill

Feb 21, 2024, 6:38:36 PMFeb 21
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 16:05:38 +0000, "Lee" <cle...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Some of us remember the days before
>"greenie fanaticism", with brownouts
>and smog alerts and school closings.
>IF "burdensome regulations" mean
>clean air and clean water and safe
>food, bring them on.

Before the clean air act, visibility in major cities was often zero. Sometimes New
Yorkers could barely bo seen across the Hudson from New Jersey.

Swill
NP: Aerosmith - Love In An Elevator

Governor Swill

Feb 21, 2024, 6:39:22 PMFeb 21
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 22:58:47 -0000 (UTC), pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:

>And you think you had problems with brownouts way back when?
>Wait until you see what happens if all of these EV are on the grid.
>It will be rolling blackouts for sure because the infrastructure to support them is not there.

But . . .but . . . eeeeeveeeeeeeeeeeeez

Swill

super70s

Feb 21, 2024, 6:58:14 PMFeb 21
On 2024-02-20 14:12:04 +0000, pothead said:

> I don't care if people wish to use electric mowers but give the
> consumer a choice instead of
> mandating it.
> Electric mowers are actually pretty good for the average person.

Honda, which had the most reliable gas powered mower, has quit selling
gas powered mowers in North America.

So people may not have a choice in the near future.

Lee

Feb 21, 2024, 9:13:33 PMFeb 21
All the Republican governors pushing
EV's via rebates and tax incentives and
charging stations think their power grids
can handle it.

Do you know more than they do?

https://www.kbb.com/car-advice/electric-vehicle-rebates-by-state/

https://electrek.co/2023/06/30/ev-tax-credit-rebate-states-electric-vehi