Os Grupos Google já não suportam novas publicações ou subscrições da Usenet. O conteúdo anterior permanece visível.

Ottoman Document - 65

0 visualizações
Ir para a primeira mensagem não lida

defaultnot

não lida,
26/01/2004, 15:39:4426/01/04
para
Massacre Committed by Armenians in Askale and the Villages of its
Surrounding.

Armenians attacked the township of Askale and the villages of
Nardiban, Persor, Karahasan, Yeniköy, Topalēavus and Ergemansur and
killed a total of eight hundred and ninety three Muslims, they
destroyed also more than six hundred houses in the said township and
in five villages.

++++++++++++

http://www.devletarsivleri.gov.tr/yayin/osmanli/ermenikatliam/65.htm

- 65 -

ERMENILERIN ASKALE VE CIVAR KÖYLERDE YAPTIKLARI KATLIĀM

Belge Görüntüleri: 1

Ermenilerin Askale nahiyesi ve Cinis, Nardiban, Persor, Karahasan,
Yeniköy, Topalēavus, Ergemansur köylerinde toplam sekiz yüz doksan üē
müslümani sehit ettikleri; ayrica merkez ve bes köyde de alti yüzden
fazla evi tahrip edip yaktiklari.

Massacre Committed by Armenians in Askale and the Villages of its
Surrounding.

Armenians attacked the township of Askale and the villages of
Nardiban, Persor, Karahasan, Yeniköy, Topalēavus and Ergemansur and
killed a total of eight hundred and ninety three Muslims, they
destroyed also more than six hundred houses in the said township and
in five villages.

14 S. 1339 (28. X. 1920)

Numara: 343

Erzurum Vilāyet-i Celīlesi Cānib-i Sāmīsine

Devletlü efendim hazretleri,

Fī 13 Tesrīn-i Evvel sene [13]36 tārīh ve 8936/679 numarali ve mahrem
isāretli irādelerinin arīza-i cevābiyyesidir.

1- Ahvāl-i zā'ilede ve hudūd dāhilinde Cinis karyesinde yüz elli hāne,
Karahasan'da kirk bes, Topalēavus'da yüz, Askal‘a'da iki yüz,
Pertin'de yüz yirmi, Karabiyik kāmilen Ermeniler tarafindan tahrīb
olundugu.

2- Nāhiye merkezinde otuz bir, Cinis'de alti yüz elli, Nardiban'da
elli sekiz, Persor'da on, Karahasan'da dört, Yeniköy'de yüz,
Topalēavus'da on, Irgemansur[Ergemansur]'da otuz nüfūsun katli‘āma
ugradigi.

3- A'ileleri Ermeniler tarafindan sehīd edilen ve tarafimizdan
toplatdirilarak i‘āse etdirilen ēocuklar bulunmadigi.

4- Ermeni ve Rum ēocuklari olmadigi.

5- Isbu fecāyi‘in üē yüz otuz dört senesi zarfinda Ermeniler
tarafindan īkā‘ olundugu ve hudūda bu‘diyeti hasebiyle bu sene
zarfinda zarar-dīde a'ileler bulunmadigi ma‘rūzdur. Ol bābda emr ü
fermān hazret-i men-lehü'l-emrindir.

Fī 28 Tesrīn-i Evvel sene [13]36

Askal‘a Nāhiyesi Müdīri

Imzā

BOA. HR. SYS. 2878/54

Roman

não lida,
26/01/2004, 16:00:5126/01/04
para

Demented, spamming faulty nutter belongs to a turkish fascistic propaganda
gang that spreads lies on usenet about countries like Greece, Armenia,
Kurdistan, Europe. His turkish propaganda is based on fascistic Kemalist
revisionism. The articles he posts are mostly made up by "historians" paid
by the turkish fascistic state. They represent turkey's known habit of
distorting historical truth by using falsified historical accounts.

Roman
--
In the German language the old word to "türken" (to turkify) means "to
falsify".

defaultnot

não lida,
27/01/2004, 11:38:0627/01/04
para
Roman <nir...@here.de>

To hell with you!!! Blood-thirsty killer!!!

Like all your fellow Armenian, Greek and PKK/KADEK terrorists, Turk
haters and Turk killers, you too are a brian-washed and unconditional
Turk hater, a piece of dirt, the lowest of the low terrorist, assasin
and murderer of innocent Turks, anti-Turkish hate monger, a disgrace
to humankind.

Armenians are born-killers and born-haters. They constantly and
unconditionally kill and hate innocent peoples. Here is an another
example.

> "ARA" <tan...@EXCITE.COM> wrote in message
> Does any one know why the Armenians fought against the Georgians in
> Abakazia? It does not make any sense to me?

From the article at:
http://www.parliament.ge/GENERAL/HotPoints/ABKHAZIA/fact2026.htm

"Separatist government with the silent consent and support of Russian
peacekeeping forces, from May 20 brought into Gali rayon more than
1200 Abkhazian, Armenian, Kazak and North Caucasian "boeviks" with
heavy technology and armament and carried out broad-scope military
operation against peaceful population.

The group, consisting 150 men, was brought into Gali rayon. The group
mainly consisted of Abkhazian and Armenian "boeviks," inhabitants of
Gudauta and Gagra. They actively participated in 1992-93 Georgians'
genocide.

On the 10-th of May in village Mziuri of Gali rayon in order to carry
out punishing operations Abkhazian separatists brought so called
Bagramian Battalion, which consisted of Armenians. The Battalion
attacked peaceful population, burnt the houses and took hostages."

So the Armenians did not fight against the Georgians in Abakazia.
Armenians again, with the help of Russai, massacred totally peacefull,
defenseless and innocent human beings in Georgia. Just like Armenians,
with the help of Russia, tortured, raped, massacred nearly two
millions of totally peaceful, defenceless and innocent human beings in
Eastern Anatolia during WWI.

Murdering innocent human beings never makes any sense. But Armenians
do murder innocent human beings. They are a very
blood-thirstystone-age savages.

+++++++++++++++++=

http://www.parliament.ge/GENERAL/HotPoints/ABKHAZIA/fact2026.htm

Facts of Genocide and Ethnic
Cleansing of Georgians in Gali Region
by the Abkhazian Separatists
From 20 - 26 of May 1998 and Later

Internation-Analytical group on Abkhazian issues of
the Parliament of Georgia
Tbilisi, Rustaveli ave.8. tel: 999-842, 921-239, 931-377
1998
Georgians' Genocide still Goes on in Abkhazia

In Abkhazia, Georgia, during the period after 1993 tragedy, despite
the efforts of Georgia, World Community and mediator-countries towards
the peaceful settlement of the conflict, Georgians genocide and ethnic
cleansing continues.

After the seizure of military operations regularly and with extreme
cruelty genocide takes place in Gali rayon, where there was no
military confrontation and the ethnic composition of population is
homogenous- Georgian.

In the beginning of 1994 Abkhazian separatist government with extreme
cruelty carried out the cleansing of the remained and non-organized
returned population in Gali rayon. In February 8-13 Abkhazian
"boeviks" and foreign hired killers murdered more than 800 peaceful
inhabitants, mostly women, children and the elderly, they burnt more
than 4200 houses and destroyed the economic capability of the rayon.
Tens of thousands of people again became refugees.

In spite of the fact that peacekeeping forces under the auspices of
the SIC, whose obligation was the secure returning of the refugees,
entered Gali rayon, separatist government again carried out the
cleansing of Gali rayon's population in summer and autumn of
1995-1996, the victims of these actions were more than 400 peaceful
inhabitants, hundreds of residences were burnt and thousands of people
again left their native places.

Genocide and ethnic cleansing were conducted with different intensity
during 1997.

Along with this, in the last two years, by means of Georgian
Authority's peaceful politics and also peacekeeping forces,
international military observers, United Nations High Commission
(UNHC) and OSCE's efforts, took place some kind of stabilization of
situation, the result of it was the unorganized return of 40 000
Georgians to the security zone and creation of elementary living
conditions for the existence of population.

Separatist government, which is above all, afraid of the actual
perspective of the conflict's settlement, returning of Georgian
Population and restoration of the former demographic situation, from
the beginning of the early spring 1998 began to implement the mean
plan of Georgians' genocide and ethnic cleansing in Gali rayon. For
this purpose, the separatist government infringed the stabilization in
the rayon, especially in its lower zone, in March, April and May,
under pretext of fighting with so called guerrillas, they brought
"boeviks", who took population as hostages, in order to receive
ransom, committed different forms of violence and murders. Till May
20, 1998,"Boeviks" killed 13 peaceful inhabitants, took as "hostages"
about 250 men.

Separatist government with the silent consent and support of Russian
peacekeeping forces, from May 20 brought into Gali rayon more than
1200 Abkhazian, Armenian, Kazak and North Caucasian "boeviks" with
heavy technology and armament and carried out broad-scope military
operation against peaceful population.

In May 20-26 and the following period despite of stopping the fire,
taking away the troops and achieving agreement in Gagra on the
returning of refugees, which was precisely fulfilled by Georgian side,
separatist government killed with torture and burnt 56 men, 43 men
disappeared, 100 men were taken as hostages, 2100 houses and 14
villages are completely ruined and burnt, 40 000 inhabitants became
refugees again, the property of the population has been taken away.
The houses, schools and health care objects, restored by UNHC (this
cost 2 mln. dollars), were completely destroyed. Till now goes on the
murdering, capturing and expelling of the helpless population.

During the armed confrontation were killed 21 participants of the
contradiction movement and members of Abkhazian Autonomous Republic's
interior forces' limited troops.

In the second half of May in Gali rayon were distributed the leaflets-
"Death to all Georgians, Abkhazia without Georgians," and this was
actually achieved.

At present no one doubts that if not the unorganized defense of the
population and the appropriate measures taken by Georgian limited
troops of interior forces, - the number of victims among peaceful
population would have been many times exceeding.

On the other side of Enguri - in Zugdidi and Tsalenjikha rayons the
situation of the expelled Georgians is extremely hard: homeless,
starving, diseased, jobless, hopeless - it is impossible to describe
their suffering. People live in schools, kinder-gardens,
administrative buildings and farms, in many places there are 20-25
people in one room. Despite the efforts of Georgian authority and
international organizations, their situation is catastrophic.

At the end of 20-th century, when people's rights and freedoms are
recognized as supreme legal and moral categories, in Abkhazia, Gali,
no one is responsible for these actions.

Unfortunately, during the tragic days of Gali rayon, the UN observers
and representatives of human rights protection international
organizations, who received the part of murders' observers, took no
actions. Refugees are doubtful about the capability of these
institutes to fix objectively the facts of genocide and react on them.

It's a fact that during the last five years there was no real progress
in the settlement of the conflict, were not fulfilled any requirements
of the international documents about the political settlement of the
conflict, the violence towards Georgian population goes on in front of
UN military observers, at the moment in Gali rayon Georgians are
killed every day, only because they are Georgians.

Abkhazian separatism is obsessed with impunity syndrome and still goes
on with abusing civilized world's efforts, violating human rights and
freedoms, taking away the most precious thing- life.

The punishing operations in Gali rayon is one more proof of the fact
that situation in occupied Abkhazia is at present under the control of
Russian politics again.

Long time has passed after the seizure of military operations but
despite the expectations and enormous spiritual and bodily sufferings,
there was still hope for the future in the refugees. Genocide and
ethnic cleansing that took place in May 20-26, made obvious for
everybody that the returning of the lost territory is a very distant
or unrealistic dream.

We present the facts of Georgians' genocide carried out by Abkhazian
separatists in May 1998 and afterwards, these are materials in which
you can see the terrible facts of ethnic cleansing and bloodshed in
Gali rayon, which have not finished yet.

THE PRE-TRAGEDY PERIOD

On the 11-th of April from Gali rayon, village Saberio, Abkhaz
"boeviks" kidnapped Gamgebeli of the village Davit Eteria along with
his son. As the ransom of the kidnapped was named a big sum, otherwise
they were threatening to conduct punishing operations.

On the 12-th of April in Gali rayon's village Saberio took place the
collision between Abkhaz police and local inhabitants, in which
interfered Russian peacekeepers. One Abkhazian died and several
Russian soldiers were wounded.

Abkhazian "boeviks" in Gali rayon's village Gudava killed brothers
Barkaia and captured their sister.

The group, consisting 150 men, was brought into Gali rayon. The group
mainly consisted of Abkhazian and Armenian "boeviks," inhabitants of
Gudauta and Gagra. They actively participated in 1992-93 Georgians'
genocide.

On the 27-th of April in Gali rayon local inhabitants were invaded by
Abkhazian "boeviks". Regarding this fact was proofed that on that day
50 men group in Abkhazian police uniforms along with Russian
peacekeeping forces' tanks entered village Sida. So called police took
as hostages several residents. At the escaped was opened fire.
Brothers Ekhvaia are wounded. The invaders placed the hostages in the
building of village Sida administration and burnt several houses. The
leader of the group, distinguished by extreme cruelty, was the nephew
of Givi Eshba, Civil Proceedings Division's Head of so called Gali
rayon.

On the 28-th of April in village Mziuri of Gali rayon happened the
spontaneous fight. From the side of Abkhazian "boeviks" were killed
two fighters, some were wounded.

On the 29-th of April in village Shesheleti of Gali rayon happened the
fight between Abkhazian "boeviks" and local population. Some people
were wounded, "boeviks" took as hostages 11 people.

On the 10-th of May in village Mziuri of Gali rayon in order to carry
out punishing operations Abkhazian separatists brought so called
Bagramian Battalion, which consisted of Armenians. The Battalion
attacked peaceful population, burnt the houses and took hostages.

On the 18-th of May at night three buses with Abkhazian "boeviks"
entered Gali

On the 20-th of May two "Gaz 66" buses full of Abkhazian "boeviks"
entered village Sida of Gali rayon. Took place unorganized
withstanding of the population. To avoid more danger the population
was warned to leave their houses and take away children from the
conflict zone.

Anti-Georgian meetings are organized in Ochamchire, Gudauta and
Sukhumi.

The facts of genocide and ethnic cleansing of peaceful population by
Abkhazian "boeviks" in Gali rayon from May 20, 1998.

In the morning of May 20, to Gali rayon with the purpose of conducting
punishing operations were brought first 50 men (May 15-16), than 70
men (May 16-17), afterwards 120 men (May 18) groups of Abkhazian
"boeviks", and on the 20-th of May - 120 "boeviks" entered the rayon.
Later, 800 men groups with means of transport on which are so called
"Shilka" and heavy guns, with the support and participation of Russian
Peacekeeping Forces, began punishing operations in villages SDI,
Repo-Etseri and Khumushkuri, where they opened the fire to peaceful
population. The population of these villages, along with local
guerrillas, in order to stop the punishing operations and avoid
victims was forced to resist, which resulted in an open armed
fighting.

On the 21-st of May, heavily armed 100 men group of Abkhazia "boeviks"
entered Gali rayon village Khumushkuri. Georgian guerrillas managed to
stop Abkhazians but additional Abkhazian forces encircled guerrillas.
Abkhazians used heavy artillery, bomb-shooters, mine-shooters and
heavy guns.

On the 22-nd of May, Abkhazian "boeviks" took as hostages 4 local
inhabitants, occupied 45 houses and a mill in village Sida of Gali
rayon. From village Khumushkuri were taken as hostages 10 peaceful
inhabitants. 100 men Abkhazian group entered territory of
Mziur-Makhunjia. Two men were taken as hostages. Abkhazians occupied
the territory of village Pirveli Gali and completely drove the
population out of the village. In community Tskhiri Abkhazians shot
Zaur Tsimitia and his two children, took as hostages 4 peaceful
inhabitants: Omister Nakopia, Otar Nakopia, Arvelodi Bakarandze and
the guest of the family from Gulripshi, where these four are, is
unknown.

On the 23-rd of May, on Saturday, Abkhazian Separatists brought to
Gali additional several hundreds of policemen to carry out punishing
operations against Georgian population.

On the 24-th of May, at 10 o'clock in the morning Abkhazian
separatists carried out the armed attack on Gali rayon villages
Khumushkuri and Kvemo Barghebi, they opened the fire to peaceful
population, burnt the houses, killed the helpless old people, women
and children. Local population, along with guerrillas actively
resisted. This is one more evidence of Separatists' decision to
complete the ethnic cleansing of Georgian population.

On the 24-th of May Abkhazian "boeviks" invaded the office of the
mission of UN military observers in Gali, disarmed and beat the
members of the guard and surrounded the building.

On 24 May, 1998 in order to secure safe escape of the civilian
population from the conflict zone, armed unites of the Internal
Ministry were introduced into certain villages of Gali region.

On 25 May, 1998 Abkhaz "boeviks" murdered correspondent of the
newspaper "Resonance" Giorgi Chania in the Gali region village of
Ganakhleba.

25-26 May, Abkhaz "boeviks", applying massive military force,
committed large-scale punitive operations against in the following
villages of the Gali region: Tagiloni, Nabakevi, Ganachleba, Gagida,
Otobaia. They robbed local population of livestock, burnt down their
dwellings and infrastructure and mercilessly looted the local
population.

Shootings are still going on. 26-27 May, armed clashes took place in
village Dikhazurga. At the same night, the Abkhaz separatists burnt
more than 25 houses in villages Dikhazurga and Saberio. The next day
hostilities resumed. According to the trustworthy source of
information, there were 545 households in Dikhazurga. Because of
violence, 80% of these households were burnt down. The Abkhaz
separatists were supported by the Russia "peace keepers" in carrying
out their punitive operations.

Despite of the agreement on cease fire by 6a.m. 0f 26 May reached
between the parties to the conflict, by 9a.m. situation became very
explosive in the Saberio direction, where Enguri hydroelectric
station's control panel is situated. Abkhazians carried out punitive
operations here and as a result peaceful civilians were forced to
abandon their dwellings and found refuge in Zugdidi. The abkaz
"boeviks" took hostages, murdered and burnt alive helpless civilians.

There are about 30 thousand IDPs from the Gali region in Zugdidi and
Tsalendjikha regions. Mostly, they live in schools and other
administrative buildings. As a rule, 15-20 persons live in one room.
Despite the fact that different towns and regions of Georgia did their
best to render humanitarian aid to refugees, it proved extremely
difficult to provide IDPs with the essentials and food products.
International humanitarian organizations are rendering humanitarian
assistance as well.

The International Red Cross has not played any positive role in the
course of the events. The IDPs asked the aforementioned organization
to render assistance in the evacuation of the wounded, the elders,
children and women from the conflict zone. In response,
representatives of the Red Cross Zugdidi office demanded full
guarantee of their safety.

On 28 May, the abkhaz separatists staged another violent raid in
Zugdidi region villages situated beyond the river Enguri. At that time
separatists aimed at the village Khurcha and took two Georgian young
men as hostages. The destiny of these men is unknown to the Georgian
side.

According to the uncompleted date, during these days 17 partisans and
56 civilians were killed. It is believed that common grave of 100
civilians is in the surroundings of Gali. The Georgians were not
allowed make a video shot of these corpses. According to the
eyewitnesses, there were facts of brutal torture and burning alive of
helpless civilians.

Situation is still tense in the Gali region. The Abkhazian militia and
"boeviks" debauching. Due to the passiveness of Russian peace keeping
forces,

UN military observers and other missions, murder, robbery, burning of
dwellings is frequent. Almost all goods are taken from the houses and
aftermath these houses are burnt, cattle are slaughtered. There is
complete chaos impunity. Abkhazians are mining bridges, roads and
paths.

On 2 July, at 7a.m Abkhaz "boeviks" burnt several houses in Tagiloni
and Nabakevi. In the village of Tagiloni Abkhazians took invalid
Amiran Okudjava as hostage and looted villagers who happened to return
to take their personal belongings.

On 2 June, the separatists enforced their checkpoints on the river
Enguri. Passage of civilians between the Zugdidi and Gali regions is
banned. The so called Internal Ministry forces of Abkhazia seek to
control the whole coast line in order to prevent passage of population
from Zugdidi to Gali.

Georgian population leaves their houses because of Abkhazians new
attack. Abkhazians occupied villages Zemo and Kvemo Barghebi.
Abkhazian "boeviks" actively carried out military operations using
mine-shooters; they burn houses, administrative buildings, kill the
rest of old people, take hostages.

The list of victims of genocide which was committed to the peaceful
population in Gali region from 20 to 26 of May 1998 and later

Town Gali

1. Khubutia Illarion - his house was burnt in protest he hung himself
- 21.05

Village Sida

2. Khurtsilava Hugzar - 45 years old, has been shot 20.05.

3. Antia Guagi - 35, shot 24.05

4. Khurtsilava Amiran - 62, shot 24.05.

5. Gurgiev Pavle - 53, shot 24.05.

6. Karchava Rezo - 75, burnt alive in his own home.

7. Khurtsilava Izolda - died from heart attack resulted from violence

8. Ezugbaya Shura - mute, shot 24.05.

9. Gergedava Nodar Grigol - 49 years old, 2 bullets inside cranium, 9
gold teeth taken out - 2.06.

V. Thaghiloni

10. Khurtsilava Lusia - shot 23.05. Her body lied in 300 meters at the
river for some time, then was buried by neighbours.

11. Shubladze-Gologua Buca - 75, shot 6.06.

V.Otobaya

12. Abesadze Mitusha - 65, shot 23.05 His body was found by Russian
peace-keeping forces representatives in the Otobaya's farming store.

13. Tabagua Duru - 103, burnt alive in his house - 26.05.

14 Chania Yona - 55, died of heart attack resulted from Abkhazian
separatists violence.

V. Phichori

16. Gurgia Valiko - 60, shot 2.06.

17. Buliskeria Lili - 95, shot 2.06.

18. Mephoria Bochia - 50, tortured and murdered 2.06.

19. Khasaya Bochya - 55, invalid, burnt in his house 25.05.

20. Alphenidze Zurabi - shot by band of Eka Akhalaya - 3.06

21. Gurgia Shermadin - 58, died from heart attack as a result of
violence 26.05.

V.Nabakevi

22. Ekhvaya Igor - 45, perished 20.05.

23. Ekhvaya Radion - 73, had been beaten, tortured by Abkhazians, then
taken out to Zugdidi, where died - 16.06.

V. Ganakhleba

24. Lagvilava Valentina - 82, teacher, shocked by tragedy hung herself
at the graveyard.

25. Chania Giorgi (Gia) Shota - reporter, killed 24.05.

26. Sagaya Shota - was asked by Abkhazians some spare part of tractor,
it turned out to be alloied. For he couldn't manage to separate it,he
was shot. His body had been buried in his yard but then in the evening
was taken out by Abkhazian 'boevik'-s of the grave and brought away by
them.

V. Kvemo Bargebi

27. Tsobekhya Davit - 70, shot - 03.06.

28. Papaskua Pupa - 75, shot 24.06.

26. Turava Shota - 70, shot 25.06.

30. Kykalya Vano - 72, shot 27.06.

V. Zemo Bargebi

31. Lukava Ivliane - 36, shot 24.05.

32. Dzandzava Vazha - 36, shot 24.05.

33. Sharia maguli - shot 25.05.

34. Shamugia Grisha - died from heart attack 27.05.

V. Mziuri

35. Papava Terenti - shot 23.05.

36. Sabelua Zurab

V. Rephi

37. Sikharulia Temuri - shot 20.05
38. Pareishvili Oneri
39. Pareishvili Rodeni

Pareishvili Rodeni
Abkhazian "boevik"-s took them out of home, harnessed them in cart
instead of horses, forced them to bring it to the Enguri hydroelectric
plant's station # 3 . They were shot there and their bodies thrown in
channel of river Enguri.
V. Gudava

41. Kalandia Arushan - 61, shot 29.05.

42. Buliskeria Vakhtang - 58, shot 27.05.

V.Dikhazurga

43. Gvagvalia Yasha - shot 26.05

V. Saberyo

44. Papava Valter - shot 01.06.

V.Pirveli Gali

45. Gegeya Apoloni - 60, shot 28.05

46. Gogokhia Ruslan - shot 28.05.

47 Narmania Vazha - died of heart attack 28.05.

48. Cimitia Zaur (father) - shot 23.05

49. Cimitia Zaza (son) - shot 23.05.

50. Cimitia Manuchar (son) - shot 23.05.

51 Minaev Garchich - shot 28.05.

V. Chuburkhingi
52. Dzandzava Guda
53. Ubilava Zaur

54. Tsulaya Otar
Abkhazian "boevik"-s took them out of home, forced them to enter the
river. There were Nanava Velodi, Kortua Revazi, Kortua Myro with them.
Kortua Revazi and Kortua Miro were injured after the fire was opened.
Ubilava Zaur, Dzandzava Guda, Tsulaya Otar were shot.
This information was given by Nanava Velodi - 5.06.

V. Mukhuri (Shesheleti)

55. Chakaberia Lioni - 50, shot 27.05

V Achigvara

56. Shakaya Otari - shot 24.05

The list of hostages, missed and kidnapped persons since 20 May, 1998
in Gali region

Town Gali

1.Antia Mamuka - captured

V.Nabakevi

2. Ekhvaya Murtaz

3. Kardava Gia

4. Lashkhia Shukri

5. Rezesidze Pridon

V. Kvemo Bargebi

6 Anchabadze Arvelodi

7. Tsobekhia Tsiba

V.Sida

8. Khubulava Valeri

9. Asokiani Iura

10.Kardava Zauri

11.Mingioraya Omari

12. Mushukia Sardi

V.Rephi

13. Arakhamia Gocha

14. Arakhamia Khvicha

15. Gadelia Zviadi

16.Chaava Gia

17.Chaava Kakha

18.Abshilava Emiri

19.Berdzenishvili Elguga

V.Mziuri

20. Shengelia Eka

21. Shengelia Murthazi

22. Berdzenishvili Levani

23. Antia Temuri - captured

V.Ganakhleba

27.Chania Malkhazi - captured

28.Chania Mamuka - captured

29. Kobalia Gumberi - captured

30 Akhalaya Shota - captured

31. Kvarackhelia Vazhiko - captured

V. Otobaya

32 Arakhamia Zurabi- captured

V. Gudava

33.EsarTia Tamazi

34. pipia Roberti

V. Pirveli Gali

35. Minaevi Rauli

36. Dinoria Geirani

37. Dinoria Anatoly

38. Khapava Paata

39. Rigvava Arvelodi

40. Gegeya Valiko

V.Zemo Bargebi

41. Sharia Nodari

42. Anchabadze Tarieli

43. Chaava Zurabi

The list of perished guerrillas and soldiers of Abkhazian Autonomous
Republic's Internal Military Forces

1.Gasviani Tarieli

2. Danelia Gocha

3. Maisuradze Gyorgy

4. Lemonjava Valeri

5. Kurtsikidze Jaba

6 Badashvili Misha. Bzikidze Tamazi

8. Ugrekhelidze Mevludi

9. Panchvidze Vladimeri

10 Kukhinidze Malkhazi

11. Sikharulia Temuri

12.Dzadzua Pridoni

13. Kiria Koba

14. Lacuzbaya Devizi

15. Jobava Tanguli

16. Dzandzava Vazha

17. Likava Ivliane

18. Chania Giorgi

19. Shakaya Otari

20 Antia Gvegi

21. Khurtsilava Nugzari

STATEMENT OF THE PARLIAMENT OF GEORGIA

Recent tragedy in Gali proves once more that the Abkhaz separatists
are continuing policy of genocide and ethnic cleansing on the occupied
territories. This criminal policy, direct against human values and
humanity, aims at the change of historically established demographic
reality in Abkhazia (Georgia) by violent means and tearing away from
Georgia of its ancient and inseparable land of Abkhazia. The regime is
doing best to inveigle Georgia into all-out war and provoke collapse
of the country's statehood, hence, to cause chaos and anarchy in
Georgia.

It is well-known and internationally acknowledged fact after the
cease-fire agreement and deployment of CIS Peace-Keeping Forces in
Abkhazia in 1994, until now the Abkhaz separatists committed many
punitive operations against the ethic Georgians in Gali district. More
than 1500 civilians have become victims of genocide and more than 4500
houses were destroyed and burnt. The local population had been left
with no other option but to create armed groups in order to protect
their dignity, life and property from the gangs of separatists. These
defensive armed group operating in the Gali district was nothing more
but response to the permanent aggression on the part of separatists.

On 20 May, 1998 more than 400 armed separatists intruded in Gali
district to carry out another execution, but this time they met with
unyielding resistance from the defensive groups. The peaceful
civilians, whose patience have been exhausted, was forced to render
military resistance to ethnic cleansing attempt and protect themselves
with arms in their hands. Partisan groups, composed of internally
displaced persons from different regions of Abkhzia, rendered
considerably assistance to the locals.

As a result of hostilities, both sides suffered casualties. The
separatist regime, furious of stubborn resistance, introduced
additional a

1000-strong military force, heave weapons and artillery in the Gali
district.

The Russian peace keepers, operating under the aegis of CIS, not only
did not oppose separatists, but more often than not helped them in
carrying out punitive operations against peaceful civilians.

Actions of the peace-keepers during the 20-26 May events in Gali
district were gross violations of bilateral and multu-lateral
agreements and constitute utter disregard for the decisions taken by
the Heads of State of the CIS and UN's resolutions.

The Parliament of Georgia declares that the Abkhaz separatists, and to
the considerable degree the Russian peace-keepers, must be held
responsible for crimes, because, in fact, their actions were conducive
to the further massacre of the peaceful civilians and destruction of
whole villages. The Parliament of Georgia hopes, that international
organizations will give adequate response to these facts , because the
discredited peace-keeping mission should be a matter of common
concern.

The Parliament of Georgia appeals to the UN, OSCE, all Georgia's
Friend Countries to put into the UN Security Council's agenda the
issue of replacement of CIS peace-keepers by the international
military forces.

The Parliament of Georgia puts special emphasis on valour and heroism
of partisan defensive groups, thanks to them thousands of civilians
were saved and far more destruction and victimization were avoided.

The Parliament of Georgia condoles with the families of perished
people and pays tribute to their eternal memory.

The Parliament of Georgia calls on all international organizations to
render assistance to the IDP's, women, children, old-age people, who
have lost their home place once more.

Georgia, as it has been confirmed many times, still believes that the
conflict should be resolved by peaceful means and calls on all parties
involved in the negotiation process to become more active as soon as
possible in order to speed up the peace process.

TBILISI,

N 1393-II

To UN Secretary General

H.E. Mr.Kofi Annan

To UN Security Council

To OSCE

Appeal
The Commission of the Georgian Parliament on Abkhazia Issues expresses
its deepest concern about recent tragic developments in Abkhazia,
Georgia, particularly in Gali region.

Recent events show clearly that Abkhazian separatists ignore fully 17
UN, 5 OSCE, 4 CIS resolutions and decisions concerning political
settlement of the conflict.

World community is well aware about numerous punishing operations
conducted by Abkhazian separatists in the region after ceasing the
wide-ranged military operations and deployment of peace keeping
forces.

Since then more than 1.500 peaceful citizens have become the victims
of separatists, more than 4.500 houses were burnt and destroyed, main
part of public and private property has been distracted.

Despite the conducting of ethnic cleansing policy from the separatists
side, local population found in itself ability to return to its
homeland under guarantees of security which had been given by UN High
Commissioner Service, Russian Federation peace keeping forces and
Abkhazian separatists. People have restored their homes by assistance
of UN and other international organizations.

In the period when due to the world community efforts, especially
after beginning Geneva process of negotiations prospects of political
settlement had been made clear, Abkhazian separatists' regime
artificially tensed situation in Gali region: murder of brothers
Barkaya in village Gudava, rape of the non full-aged in town of Gali,
massive burning of houses in village Sida, anti-Georgian
demonstrations in towns Gagra, Gudauta, Sukhumi and Ochamchire where
entire driving out and extermination had been demanded.

This provoked recent events of May 20-26 in Gali region, population of
which many times had already been driven out from its homeland
previously. During recent events more than 30 thousand peaceful
citizens were forced to leave their homes, 50 peaceful citizens were
killed with terrible torture, 90 % of houses, facility buildings were
burnt and population was robbed by separatists.

In front of UNOMIG representatives, approval and secret support from
the peace keeping forces, Abkhazian separatists' units entered Gali
region. Extermination of people, taking hostages took place in the
Security Zone. This resulted in spontaneous protest within the
returned population. Therefore local resistance centers were created.

Self-organized people's guard took adequate measures in order to
protect civil population from Abkhazian separatists' units which used
heavy weapons and military technology, this was rude violation of
peace keeping forces' mandate.

Not only didn't they take necessary measures to protect peaceful
population from 'boeviks', as it had happened many times previously
but also assisted the separatists. They explain their helplessness by
the fact that they are entitled to separate combat forces and to
maintain the cease-fire regime.

Besides, the peace keeping forces are entitled to implement of CIS
Head of States Council's decision to ensure secure living of people
who spontaneously returned to their homes.

It should be stressed that the tragic events took place in the end of
term given to the peace keeping forces' leadership by 1998, April
Summit's decision in order to work out a plan of redeployment
collective peace keeping forces. According to the decision, the
Security Zone should have been broadened, taken necessary steps to
facilitate organized returning of the refugees and internally
displaced persons firstly, within the borders of Gali region.
Responsibility for implementation of this decision had been taken by
international organizations as well.

Population feel dissatisfied also because of inactive position of
UNOMIG representatives. Such a position should not have taken place
considering their mandatory status.

Confirming once again its commitment to the political settlement of
conflict Georgian side has signed so called Gagra protocol in May 25,
which was final possible compromise from Georgian side. So reserve of
serious compromises came to an end.

Thus, issue of changing the form and mandate of peace keeping
operation as well as enacting the 7-th article of UN Charter which
undermines "force to freedom" has arisen.

Commission is hopeful that Abkhazian separatists' attempt to
misrepresent the events and facts would not lead in error UN Security
Council and OSCE as it has already happened before.

Commission expresses its consolations to UNOMIG representatives as
well as to Russian peace keeping forces' personnel who have become
victims of the events provoked by Abkhazian separatists.

Commission would like to hope that the authority and influence of UN
and OSCE will not be put under the question by refugees and world
community in a whole will take all the necessary measures in order to
facilitate the peaceful settlement of the conflict, to ensure the
right to life for the hundred of thousands of refugees.

The Temporary Commission on Abkhazian Issues

of the Parliament of Georgia

Tbilisi,

June 11,1998

Joint Statement of the Parliamentary fraction "Abkhazeti" and
Temporary Commission on Abkhazian Issues
20-26 May tragic events in Gali district and further processes confirm
the full disregard by the abkhazian separatists of political
settlement of the conflict.

In spite of armistice and 25 May Gagra document on inadmissibility of
forceful actions signed by the parts, separatists still continue
taking of hostages, shooting them, trading with corps, burning houses,
driving away of cattle. During last fifty days more than 50 peaceful
residents were killed, more than 2000 houses burnt, 14 villages became
desert places. Abkhazian "boeviks", bandit groups have been murdering
helpless old people and women left in the region.

All these events take place in the zone controlled by the Russian
peacekeeping forces, in the region of actions of UN observers.

On June 30 armored car of the Russian peacekeeping forces was exploded
on mine in Pichore village of Gali district.

As a result of purging conducted by Russian peacekeepers due to that
fact, resident of the village Tamaz Jumutia and Tamaz Orzhonia were
taken as hostages and transferred to the Abkhazian militia. The place
of their existence is still unknown, but there is argumented
information on the real danger against their lives.

The faction of the parliament "Abkhazeti" and Temporary Commission on
Abkhazian Issues entitle the leadership of separatist region with full
responsibility on security of hostages. At the same moment they
underline that carrying the police functions is not envisaged by the
CIS collective security mandate and such activities will be
interpreted by the Georgian side as misusing the duties and clear
support to the separatist regime.

We demand from the command of peacekeeping forces immediate
investigation of the accident and using all the remedies in order to
liberate hostages.

We call on leaders of OSCE and UN mission for protection of human
rights in Abkhazia, Georgia to make decisive steps for liberation of
hostages, to ensure their security and combat massive violation of
human rights and freedoms in Abkhazia.

Tbilisi

0 mensagens novas