Sean the warrior

20 views
Skip to first unread message

Rum...@pobox.com

unread,
Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
to

Hey Sean,
this people really don't like you huh?

http://www.night-flight.com/letter.html

they write real nasty stuff about you:

....What about that "Press Conference" on the front steps of Dark Horse
you were going to lead as
the "spokesperson" for CAPCAT? There was a meeting at Dark Horse with
representatives
from CAPCAT and they never met you. And they certainly did not recognize
you as their
"Coordinator." Are you the only one that would have been there shouting
your pitiful
(undocumented) claims? And what about your sly insinuations to me on the
phone when you
called the station claiming Mr.Vachss was being "investigated" by the
State Department? (A
claim you never would put in writing.) Is this how a true warrior
behaves? Or a weasel who
(rightfully) fears the libel and slander laws?

....Slimy tricks such as telephoning Dark Horse and posing as a reporter
with so-called "news"
about Andrew Vachss..."news" the cowardly caller never would have had
the courage to utter
under his own name because we have harsh laws against such libel and
slander; or calling and
faxing Night Flight pretending to be an individual interested in the
boycott and then posting
deliberate misinformation on the CAPCAT website...

as soon as Parlaman is discredited as the "spokesman" or "leader" of one
group, he
emerges in the same role for another. Parlaman's "leadership" is always
distinguished by the
same fact: he has no followers.

...Parlaman says he is the co-founder of CAPCAT.
There is, of course, a difference between being the "founder" of a
website and founder of an
organization. Parlaman "donated" the website to CAPCAT ... and
constructed a link to his own
grostesquely self-aggrandizing homepage on it.

....I said in an earlier post that Sean Parlaman makes a habit of
constructing fake studies and other disinformation about Thailand as a
hobby. It comes from his need to promote himself as a
"warrior" and an expert about Thai culture.


sea...@ksc.net.th

unread,
Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
to
In article <388818CE...@pobox.com>,
Rum...@pobox.com wrote:

>
> Hey Sean,
> this people really don't like you huh?
>

No, they don't. These are the people from the Batman comic book-inspired
anti-Thai campaign "don't buy Thai" which called for a boycott of Thai
travel and tourism because Thai people were "monsters" who "threw away
children like used tissue paper," whose national economy was based on
child prostitution ("it's biggest industry" they said), in which the
sexual abuse of children was promoted by the government.

I was one of a handful of people which discredited and helped shut down
this campaign, which ended in August 1, 1998 in what it's founder Andrew
Vachss has called "a cosmic failure." (Portland Oregonian newspaper,
article by columnist Steve Duin). Most importantly, through the Thai
charge d'affairs at their Washington DC embassy, we convinced the Thai
government to ignore the campaign and let Americans handle it as an anti-
racism issue.

So yeah, these people really don't like me. But I'm quite proud of the
enemies I've made -- Mac Horn, sex tourists, drug dealers, Vachss,
pedophiles, YOU. It shows that our efforts are hurting the right people.

You'll also remember I told you about these websites attacking me in the
first place. Since you claim I'm EXAGGERATING the problem of underage
prostitution, why are you refering people to an article promotted by a
group which say that I try to DENY there is a problem with underage
prostitution?

Mendacity makes strange bedfellows, eh? Hey, on the bright side, these
freaks and losers will jump into that bed with you for free!

>
> they write real nasty stuff about you:
>

Yeah they do, and none of it's true. Notice the compelling lack of proof
to back up a single sentence. It's an article written by a "radio
personality" whose show used to feature wierd sex and drug use info as he
tried to market himself as a Howard-Stern-wannabe in Utah. Now his gig
is alien conspiracies and secret governement coverups, making him a Art-
Bell-wannabe in Utah. (see http://www.clydelewis.com )

He's pissed because he produced a radio show about the anti-Thai boycott
in 1997, which I responded to by sending a fax to his boss, Todd Herman,
at the station which countered the boycott's misinformation and lies and
backed up my rebuttal with where to check out my sources. Lewis
intercepted the fax when it came in and stole it over a receptionist's
objections.

She later fished the fax out of a trash can and gave it to Todd Herman,
who then called me at home in July 1996 to discuss it. "Clyde's an
asshole" Herman explained, telling me "you have truth on your side."
Lewis then e.mailed me with a short and sad tirade that sounded more like
a suicide note, including such endearments as "you nearly cost me my job"
and "people have begun to question my sanity." (Copy available upon
request).

He then rewrote his "letter" to me as the webpage you mentioned, which is
hosted by a comic book shop in Salt Lake City. All of the untrue attacks
on me you cite were plagerized from Usenet attacks on me in 1996 by our
buddy "Mac Horn" and a New York lawyer who used to represent the
pedophile organization NAMBLA. You'll notice that no where in his
"letter" does he attack sex tour promotters or even pedophiles, nor
provide any proof to substantiate his attacks.

See this guy for yourself at:
http://www.clydelewis.com/pics/clyde.gif
http://www.clydelewis.com/pics/evilclyd.gif


>
> ....What about that "Press Conference" on the front steps of Dark Horse
> you were going to lead as the "spokesperson" for CAPCAT?
>

An rally against the boycott by the Thai-American Student Alliance, (of
which I was a member at Southern Oregon State College) was planned (in
April 1996) for September 1996. In the meantime, since the boycott had
been discredited in the Thai government, and leading boycott critics such
as Kamol Hengkietisak said that ignoring them was the best policy, the
TASA protest was cancelled in the US. Since I was in Thailand May-August
1996 I didn't learn about the cancellation until I got back. It didn't
matter anyway, the boycott had, according to Hengkietisak, "proved
themselves racist anyway."

>
> And what about your sly insinuations to me on the phone when you
> called the station claiming Mr.Vachss was being "investigated" by the
> State Department?
>

Well, since there's no record of a phone call, this guy can put words
into my mouth if he likes, but not only did I not say this, the claim
that the boycott was being opposed or "investigated" by the state
department was a falsehood promotted by the boycott (not by me), to make
it look like they were being taken seriously by the US and Thai
governments. Thankfully, they never were.

>
> Or a weasel who (rightfully) fears the libel and slander laws?
>

On this very newsgroup in '96 and '97 when the boycott folks and their
sex tour/pedophile allies were attacking me, I repeatedly invited Vachss
and his followers to sue me. They backed down. In fact, Todd Herman,
mentioned above, offered to set up a debate between myself and Vachss on
his radio show. Vachss himself backed down.

>
> ....Slimy tricks such as telephoning Dark Horse and posing as a
> reporter with so-called "news"
>

Sorry, but when I called Dark Horse comics to challenge why they were
promotting the boycott, not only did I tell them who I was but I also
told them I thought they were wrong. Not only did I not "pose" as an
imposter, I asked them to send info on the boycott to me at my name and
address which they said proved their case. (I still have the envelope
somewhere.) You don't "pose" as someone else and then give them your
real contact info, do you?

>
> calling and faxing Night Flight pretending to be an individual
> interested in the boycott and then posting
> deliberate misinformation on the CAPCAT website...
>

Nope, never called the comic book shop you mentioned. This statement is
false because months before this comic store got involved in the boycott
campaign, we had removed any mention of the boycott from the CAPCAT
website, because it the boycott had been discredited already and more
arguing would just give them some round-about legitimacy.

>
> as soon as Parlaman is discredited as the "spokesman" or "leader" of
> one group, he emerges in the same role for another.
>

I am a spokesperson for The CAPCAT Project and my own personal NGO
"English for E-san." I never claimed to be or acted as the spokesperson
for any other group. What lewis is referring to here is that I posted
NGO profiles about different NGOs in Thailand who have no Internet
access. This info was given to me by those groups with their permission
for the purposes of posting them. Each referred readers back to the
organization's address and phone number for more info, and each post
included a sig which said "Posted by" with my name, explaining that I was
passing on, with permission, info from the group being profiled.


>
> ...Parlaman says he is the co-founder of CAPCAT.
> There is, of course, a difference between being the "founder" of a
> website and founder of an organization.
>

CAPCAT began as a website and graduate student project of mine in
September 1994 at Southern Oregon State College. In fact, I got college
practicum credit for it in wintern term 1995. In May 1996 it merged with
a Thai web-based project at Internet KSC which had begun in February 1996
and got its own unique website.


>
> Parlaman "donated" the website to CAPCAT ... and constructed a link to
> his own grostesquely self-aggrandizing homepage on it.
>

Many people have worked on the website. The homepage link is because we,
unlike our opponents, believe that people should know who is responsible
for the website and its projects. Our opponents prefer to make websites
and post to Usenet without using their real names; for example newcomer
cyber-attackers "a_kin...@my-deja.com," "trevor_...@my-deja.com,"
and "markh...@my-deja.com" (no relation to "Mac Horn" I'm sure).

As for having a "self-aggrandizing homepage," all personal websites are
to some degree. That's the point. Links to personal websites exist from
the CAPCAT site exist because we, unlike our critics, are not ashamed to
show our faces in the light of day.

>
> ....I said in an earlier post that Sean Parlaman makes a habit of
> constructing fake studies and other disinformation about Thailand as a
> hobby.
>

Yeah, so far I'm "accused" by them of creating and maintaining the
Internet Press Service, Gemini News Agency, and Spain's El Mundo
newspaper -- pretty good work for one guy! Notice how Lewis doesn't cite
a single example of the "fake studies."

The question is Rumpel, you say you're against me for estimating that
there are 30,000 under age sex workers and prostituted children in
Thailand, now you're backing up your attacks using info from folks that
claimed there are 250,000 to 300,000.

Bi-polar, are we? Tell us exactly "what gives"? Are you really THAT
desperate?


Sean


--
Sean Parlaman (sea...@ksc.net.th)

The CAPCAT Project-Thailand - http://www.capcat.ksc.net
The CAPCAT Project-Internatioanl - http://www.capcat.org

"In the absence of love, there is nothing worth fighting for."


Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

sea...@ksc.net.th

unread,
Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
to

Rum...@pobox.com

unread,
Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
to sea...@ksc.net.th

sean parlaman wrote:

> I'm quite proud of the enemies I've made -- Mac Horn, sex tourists, drug
> dealers, Vachss,
> pedophiles, YOU.

I thought we discuss issues using this newsgroup - I was not aware you
consider it "making enemies", I for my part still don't consider you an
enemy, even if you stoop as low as this:

> these freaks and losers will jump into that bed with you for free!

---

> The question is Rumpel, you say you're against me for estimating that
> there are 30,000 under age sex workers and prostituted children in
> Thailand, now you're backing up your attacks using info from folks that
> claimed there are 250,000 to 300,000.
> Bi-polar, are we? Tell us exactly "what gives"? Are you really THAT
> desperate?
> Sean

Desperate for what?
Let's get one thing straight: The number of "sex slaves" in thailand is
probably closer to 30 then 30,000 (still 30 to much) and everybody applauds
you if you uncover cases where young people are held against their will and
used (doesn't matter if as prostitute, drug runner, carpet weaver or
soldier).
What I hold against you are your bigoted posting against so-called "sex
tourism".
Your sexual behavior (dating sales clerks) is your biz, mine (paying for it)
is my right and responsibility and mine only.

What bothers me now more: I doubt now that you helped children to get off the
street longterm and with your own money. Reading about you from a lot of
different sources makes it impossible to determine what is truth and what is
lie.
I will not ask you to bring on evidence as this might invade your privacy but
I feel that your obsession with prostitution has gotten in the way of the
noble goal to really help children.

regards
Rumpel

Tanner3577886157

unread,
Jan 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/23/00
to
Hey Sean,

As we can see from your latest screed, your habit is to deliberately ignore
everything prior posters have pointed out to expose your serial lying. The
places where your phony "credentializing" has been nailed (like the fake
Reuters post) you are simply going to ignore. Instead you trying hide behind
claims of conspiracies and secret agents and your personal wars and plots.

So I'll keep this simple:

1) *Are* you "now directing a Stephen King movie," yes or no?

http://x40.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=575724009&CONTEXT=948488219.29
1110932&hitnum=1

or are you going to drop that claim, now that it may put you at risk of legal
suit, rather than just your usual humiliation on a newsgroup?

2) Do you stand by the ludicrous claim that you won an Emmy in 1987 for "The
Wonder Years," when the sites and resource books that list every Emmy's
recipient from year one show that no such award was ever made to you?

http://x43.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=520737112.2&CONTEXT=948590851.
750321709&hitnum=28

By the way, I went through the *rest* of that document Rumpel pointed us to
(who you apparently have decided is the later ego of <a_king.cog>, since all
the "drug dealers" and "pedophiles" who hate and fear you have banded into a
unified force to still your fearless voice of truth):

http://www.night-flight.com/letter.html

and I notice that you have no response of any kind to the excessively
well-documented points made in that document. Do you have any? Do you
challenge the truth of Xendra, who wrote:

> He uses the Web to create credentials for himself, and he relies on
> readers' disinterest in checking sources to get away with his ludicrous
> claims. All five of the "articles" he "cites" as proof of his points
> were written by himself, and are fronted by "news organizations" that
> he invented and maintains.

http://x32.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=347722026&CONTEXT=948590381.2
57032215&hitnum=9

Tell us, noogie-boy – we’re looking forward to your answer!

RatDog

=====

seanpar

unread,
Jan 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/23/00
to
In article <388A841A...@pobox.com>,
Rum...@pobox.com wrote:

>
> I thought we discuss issues using this newsgroup - I was not aware
> you consider it "making enemies",
>

No, but who you choose to align yourself with is interesting if not
down right revealing. Remember, this whole tired thread began with you
claiming in December that The CAPCAT Project-Thailand exaggerates
statistics on under-18 prostitution and does so to appeal for donations
for itself.

I proved to you that both accusations were incorrect. Our estimate is
less than half of ECPAT's and 10,000 less than UNICEF's highest range.
I even cited several examples where CAPCAT (mostly successfully)
challenged exaggerated or false claims by other groups. I asked you to
provide evidence that we exaggerated numbers. You say our 30,000
estimate is too high, but what scientific surveys or estimates do you
base yours (30!?!) on? I explained which ones we based ours on. As
for donation/contribution appeals, I told you it has always been our
policy not to solicit or accept donations for The CAPCAT Project-
Thailand. I asked you to provide proof your accusation, of even one
example of us soliciting funds. You never did.

>
> Let's get one thing straight: The number of "sex slaves" in thailand
> is probably closer to 30 then 30,000 (still 30 to much) and everybody
> applauds you if you uncover cases where young people are held against

> their will and.
>

Well, I have never used the term "sex slaves," you're the one
introducing it into a discussion of under-age prostitution. It is an
emotive and emotional phrase used mostly by people who are appealing
for donations or are writing some sensational news article without
having a clue about the actual issues.

Are there women and children being held against their will in labor and
prostitution? Of course there are. Is that the case with more than
five percent of prostitution in Thailand? I don't think so. But if
you think there are only 30, please explain how you come up with that
number.

>
> What I hold against you are your bigoted posting against so-called
> "sex tourism".
>

Although they only make up a very small percentage of the people who
come to Thailand, I didn't know "sex tourists" were a protected
minority. (Damn Affirmative Action!) "Bigotry" refers to disliking
someone based on their inherent characteristics, not behavior. I just
personally believe that when people travel to a foreign country they
should respect the laws, custom and culture of that country.

As I said before, there are plenty of sex travel guides and websites
out there. If I was "biggoted" against them, I'd go after every one.
But I only go after the ones which exploit minors or are grossly
offensive.

>
> Your sexual behavior (dating sales clerks) is your biz, mine (paying

> for it)is my right and responsibility and mine only.
>

I never said differently, I just disagree with sex for money, as others
probably disagree with my behavior when I have short-term sexual
liasons outside of marriage or outside of commited long-term
relationships. Arguing about morals is pointless anyway, because it
comes down to someone's opinions, which are subjective.

What's not subjective is when you say that paying for sex is a "right"
(in a previous post). It's not.


>
> Reading about you from a lot of different sources makes it impossible
> to determine what is truth and what is lie.
>

Have you ever heard the saying "consider the source"? I was the one
who told you in the first place that there were websites out there
which attacked me because CAPCAT shut down their "sex tour" business or
proved their exaggerated claims (which you supposedly loathe) wrong.

Also notice as well that the recent posters here attacking me
("tanner35...@aol.com," "markh...@my-deja.com,"
"a_kin...@my-deja.com," "trevor_...@my-deja.com") are not only
appearing here in this NG for the first time, but all three with the
"@my-deja.com" address come from the same Internet service provider
account, and none of these e.mail addresses existed anywhere on the
Internet before I mentioned the name of "Mark Horn," . . .oops! I mean
"Mac Horn."

>
> I will not ask you to bring on evidence as this might invade your

> privacy.
>

Ask away!

>
> but I feel that your obsession with prostitution has gotten in the
> way of the noble goal to really help children.
>

Sorry, but prostitution is one of the ways in which children are being
abused around the world, including in the good ol' US of A. But it is
not an "obsession," it is just apparently the one area of work (out of
over a dozen) which The CAPCAT Project focuses on which you disagree
with and on which you insist on arguing ad naseum about concerning
semantics and personal opinions.

Now you've sided with the backers of the defunct anti-Thai boycott
"crusade" who wrote the article you're promotting. So are you saying
you support their viewpoint now? Inquiring mind want to know?

--
Sean Parlaman (sea...@ksc.net.th)

The CAPCAT Project-Thailand - http://www.capcat.ksc.net

The CAPCAT Project-International - http://www.capcat.org

"In the absence of love, there is nothing worth fighting for."

--
Sean Parlaman (sea...@ksc.net.th)

The CAPCAT Project-Thailand - http://www.capcat.ksc.net

The CAPCAT Project-International - http://www.capcat.org

markh...@my-deja.com

unread,
Jan 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/23/00
to
Sorry Parlaman, but I use AOL as a provider, as do millions of other
people. Obviously Tanner does too, and I would suppose that the others
do as well.

It hardly proves anything. Are you saying, "Millions of people use AOL,
they must all be the same person."? I am none of these other people. I
do not even get your reference to "Mac Horn" is it an insult? Another
name you think I'm using? I'm sorry I just dont get it. You know what,
do not bother to tell me, as I do not care.

You have been proven to be a liar, in every field, and I feel no need
to waste any more time on you. You remind me of those children who
think if they are naughty they will at least get attention, and
better "bad" attention than none. Well, from me, from now on, you get
none.


<Also notice as well that the recent posters here attacking me
("tanner35...@aol.com," "markh...@my-deja.com,"
"a_kin...@my-deja.com," "trevor_...@my-deja.com") are not only
appearing here in this NG for the first time, but all three with
the "@my-deja.com" address come from the same Internet service provider
account, and none of these e.mail addresses existed anywhere on the
Internet before I mentioned the name of "Mark Horn," . . .oops! I
mean "Mac Horn.">

Rum...@pobox.com

unread,
Jan 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/23/00
to

seanpar wrote:

> you choose to align yourself with [...] ECPAT

not one reader of S.C.T who reads some of my posts I have written over the
last two years follows you here.

> Although they only make up a very small percentage of the people who
> come to Thailand, I didn't know "sex tourists" were a protected
> minority. (Damn Affirmative Action!)

I wouldn't speculate on how "very small a percentage" of tourists have
sexual encounters with Thai people while in Thailand (you yourself would
qualify by someone's strict standart) interestingly only men get spit at
for that while MANY woman travel to Thailand (and Jamaika and Mexico and
....) to pay for sex.
Anyone HAS THE RIGHT to offer or ask for sex in exchange for money!

> I just personally believe that when people travel to a foreign country
> they
> should respect the laws, custom and culture of that country.

Tell me what law my buddies, I and a considerable number of females break
when sex touring in Thailand!

> But I only go after the ones which exploit minors or are grossly
> offensive.

You been asked and I ask you again: What is exploitation of minors - any
sexual contact with a person under 18?

> Also notice as well that the recent posters here attacking me
> ("tanner35...@aol.com," "markh...@my-deja.com,"
> "a_kin...@my-deja.com," "trevor_...@my-deja.com") are not only

> appearing here in this NG for the first time...

"They" could be YOU for all I know.

> Ask away! (evidence on how you help children)

OK - there must be a papertrail on how you adapted children,
their names, records from their school/s, testimonials from people in
contact with this saved children (and their telephone numbers) etc.

> Sorry, but prostitution is one of the ways in which children are being
> abused around the world, including in the good ol' US of A. But it is
> not an "obsession," it is just apparently the one area of work (out of
> over a dozen) which The CAPCAT Project focuses on which you disagree
> with and on which you insist on arguing ad naseum about concerning
> semantics and personal opinions.

> Sean Parlaman (sea...@ksc.net.th)

I have lived for years in Colombia, s.a. where children as young as 8 are
forced into various rebel armies, why havn't I heard CAPCAT fighting this?

Rumpel


tch...@my-deja.com

unread,
Jan 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/24/00
to
In article <20000122213137...@ng-ci1.aol.com>,

tanner35...@aol.com (Tanner3577886157) wrote:
> Hey Sean,
>
> As we can see from your latest screed, your habit is to deliberately
> ignore everything prior posters have pointed out to expose your
> serial lying.

Notice that if you go to the website, not only is Sean the head of the
Thailand project, he's head of the international project. In fact, he
IS the entire project.

Notice also how he now lambasts D!B!T! (including playing games with
their moniker hoping no one will do a web search on it). The fact is
that the exposure of D!B!T! as a complete fraud also linked CAPCAT to
D!B!T! as part of the same organization.


--
Tchi...@HoTMaiL.com
Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.

trevor_...@my-deja.com

unread,
Jan 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/24/00
to
First, let me state for the record that my full, and real name is
Terrance Trevor Nielson. I provided my regular email address
<godhel...@yahoo.com> as a courtesy, that is the one I use most
frequently, not to mislead anyone as to my identity. Do not confuse me
with your amateur identity thief practices Sean Parlaman.

For everyone else reading this board: From what I've learned, Parlaman
has had _years_ to reply to Clyde's letter, but only now does? And of
course does not reply directly to Clyde Lewis, Andrew Vachss or Mimi
Cruz? And now on this board claims he dared Mimi Cruz, Andrew Vachss,
and Clyde, to "sue" when he knows, full well, that: (a) expressions
of "opinion" are not actionable, no matter how bizarre; and (b) lying
about yourself, your "achievements," your "positions," etc. are not
against the law (otherwise he'd be doing life-without-parole).

The Stephen King "movie" he is "now directing" and his "Emmy" for The
Wonder Years remain obvious and undisputable lies. Parlaman continues
skirting all issues by lumping us together with "pedophiles and drug
dealers" as "allies," but, as he does not accuse _us_ of being either,
he knows he is safe (from lawsuits).

As for the Don't! Buy! Thai! boycott being such a failure. The latest
International Stock Report highlighted the two countries in SE Asia
doing the best:

South Korea: +41.6%
Japan: +39.0%

and the two doing the worst:

Thailand: -15.2%
Philippines: -20.3%

source: Money Magazine, January, 2000 issue, p. 156 (not some post on
DejaNews).

Note: "Choice of Evil" written by Andrew Vachss, pointed out that the
kiddie sex action has switched from Thailand as its epicenter to the
Philippines. I guess all the above is coincidence. When the Don't! Buy!
Thai! boycott started, in 1995, the Thai economy was _booming_.

Parlaman, it's time to stop scurrying like a cockroach from the light
of truth. Step out from behind the protection of your momma's
skirt and let the _real warriors_, like ANDREW VACHSS, MIMI and others,
do the work they choose to champion. Remember real _WARRIORS_fight for
what they believe in, they are not self-aggrandizing of their own
accomplishments, or take credit for those that are not their own.

Trevor Nielson
Real person, and taller than Mimi.
aka Terrance Trevor Nielson
<godhel...@yahoo.com>

In article <86g9aq$et9$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

John Dunstan

unread,
Jan 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/24/00
to
On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 01:34:58 GMT, trevor_...@my-deja.com wrote:

>
>As for the Don't! Buy! Thai! boycott being such a failure. The latest
>International Stock Report highlighted the two countries in SE Asia
>doing the best:
>
>South Korea: +41.6%
>Japan: +39.0%
>
>and the two doing the worst:
>
>Thailand: -15.2%
>Philippines: -20.3%
>
>source: Money Magazine, January, 2000 issue, p. 156 (not some post on
>DejaNews).
>
>Note: "Choice of Evil" written by Andrew Vachss, pointed out that the
>kiddie sex action has switched from Thailand as its epicenter to the
>Philippines. I guess all the above is coincidence. When the Don't! Buy!
>Thai! boycott started, in 1995, the Thai economy was _booming_.

Trevor,

Thailand was doing fine until the Asian financial crisis hit which I
don't believe was caused by the Don't! Buy! Thai! boycott. Thailand's
economy has suffered as a result of that crisis as have all of the
economies of East and South-East Asian countries. Indonesia, which
was not part of your boycott, suffered worse than Thailand. Japan
which had a lot more reserves to begin with than Thailand, is
currently undergoing it's worst economic crisis since the second world
war, and the government there has had to pump billions of dollars into
the economy to try and lift business and consumer confidence.

Thailand has been one of the true success stories in Asia in recent
times regarding the emergence of democratic institutions and
practices. I find the attempt to sabotage the Thai economy morally
repugnant, particularly in the light of the ignoring of other regimes
in the region who engage in blatant, government sanctioned, human
rights abuses.

>Parlaman, it's time to stop scurrying like a cockroach from the light
>of truth. Step out from behind the protection of your momma's
>skirt and let the _real warriors_, like ANDREW VACHSS, MIMI and others,
>do the work they choose to champion. Remember real _WARRIORS_fight for
>what they believe in, they are not self-aggrandizing of their own
>accomplishments, or take credit for those that are not their own.

Who is Andrew Vachss and why is he and his group referred to as
"warriors"?


Regards,


John Dunstan

trevor_...@my-deja.com

unread,
Jan 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/24/00
to
In article <388bb166...@news.alphalink.com.au>,

jo...@alphalink.com.au (John Dunstan) wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 01:34:58 GMT, trevor_...@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> >
> >As for the Don't! Buy! Thai! boycott being such a failure. The latest
> >International Stock Report highlighted the two countries in SE Asia
> >doing the best:
> >
> >South Korea: +41.6%
> >Japan: +39.0%
> >
> >and the two doing the worst:
> >
> >Thailand: -15.2%
> >Philippines: -20.3%
> >
> >source: Money Magazine, January, 2000 issue, p. 156 (not some post on
> >DejaNews).
> >
> >Note: "Choice of Evil" written by Andrew Vachss, pointed out that the
> >kiddie sex action has switched from Thailand as its epicenter to the
> >Philippines. I guess all the above is coincidence. When the Don't!
> >Buy!Thai! boycott started, in 1995, the Thai economy was _booming_.

>
> Trevor,
>
> Thailand was doing fine until the Asian financial crisis hit which I
> don't believe was caused by the Don't! Buy! Thai! boycott. Thailand's
> economy has suffered as a result of that crisis as have all of the
> economies of East and South-East Asian countries. Indonesia, which
> was not part of your boycott, suffered worse than Thailand. Japan
> which had a lot more reserves to begin with than Thailand, is
> currently undergoing it's worst economic crisis since the second world
> war, and the government there has had to pump billions of dollars into
> the economy to try and lift business and consumer confidence.
>

Hi John,

If you look at what I said, you can see that Money Magazine, January,
2000 issue, p. 156, is the source for the report on the Thai economy.
Unlike Parlaman, I won't make up statistics, please check the source
for yourself. But if _all_ East and SE Asian countries are doing bad,
how come South Korea and Japan are up?

It really doesn't matter what you or I believe regarding the effects of
the Don't! Buy! Thai! boycott. What really matters is the actual
result. I will check and try to get back to you with the zine name and
date of publication--but I remember an international marketing magazine
running a story on how private businessmen along with the Thai
government, put together the equivilant of 1 million dollars for a "BUY
THAI" campaign the beginning of 1998. It seems a little suspicious they
would call their ad campaign "Buy Thai" if D!B!T! didn't have any
effect or influence.

> Thailand has been one of the true success stories in Asia in recent
> times regarding the emergence of democratic institutions and
> practices. I find the attempt to sabotage the Thai economy morally
> repugnant, particularly in the light of the ignoring of other regimes
> in the region who engage in blatant, government sanctioned, human
> rights abuses.
>

John, you really find sabotage of the Thai economy _morally_ repugnant?
(Do you really think any business cares about your's or my economic
status?) I don't have power to sabotage a government economy. But _why_
are you silent on the _moral_ depravity of selling children for sex? I
don't sanction human rights violations, anywhere, which is why I
personally Don't! Buy! Thai!

> >Parlaman, it's time to stop scurrying like a cockroach from the
> >light of truth. Step out from behind the protection of your momma's
> >skirt and let the _real warriors_, like ANDREW VACHSS, MIMI and

> >others, do the work they choose to champion. Remember real_WARRIORS_
> >fight for what they believe in, they are not self-aggrandizing of


> >their own accomplishments, or take credit for those that are not
their own.
>
> Who is Andrew Vachss and why is he and his group referred to as
> "warriors"?
>
> Regards,
>
> John Dunstan
>

Andrew Vachss is a real and true warrior. He fights to protect children
all over the world. Check it out, http://www.vachss.com
Vachss has been doing this for most of his life. He also writes the
best crime novels and short stories ever. Mimi turned me on to his
novels. If you haven't tried his stuff, check out EVERYBODY PAYS, it's
sweet. If you have any questions about his writing, ask Mimi, but hey,
I get first dibs on anything new.

Oh yeah, http://www.night-flight.com/letter.html -THE TRUTH ABOUT A LIAR
Which I heard of last week, states how this Parlaman freak has been
stalking and hassling Andrew Vachss and people who support Vachss.
It's like he is jealous of Vachss. With all his quick opinion changing
posts, Parlaman just comes across as sick and wrong. Don't take my word
for it though, check the letter out yourself.

Trevor Nielson
<godhel...@yahoo.com>

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages