Tamil Novel Writers - Part 6 - Some more Novelists.

PRAKASH2

Jan 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/14/96
Vanakkam Nanbargale,

This is the last but one of this series. There were/are some more
novelists in Tamil. Akilan, Na.Pa, Uma Chandran, PVR, Krishna kumar alias
Ra.Ki Rangarajan, SAP, Maniyan, Magarishi.

When you Talk about Akilan then these novels will come to mind. They are
Chithirpavai, Pavai Villaku.He was working in AIR and wrote many novels
and won Acadamy awards. Other novels of Akilan I know are "Pal Mara
Kattinele", "Kaiyal Vizhi". He was a wonderful writer. Any one knows about
him write more. I have no capacity to talk about a such a great writer.

Na.Pa endrale ninaivukku varuvadhu 2 things 1. Dheepam, 2.
Thinamanikkadhir. He also wrote many novels. I can't recollect his novel
names. His way of writting is very simple and very good. I used to see him
in the CIT Nagar Main road when he walked along with his dog in the
mornings and evenings.

Uma Chandran's "Mullum Malarum" is a very good novel. He expressed the
violent brother who is very fond of his sister. This was made into film
with more modification. He won the award for this Novel.

PVR (P.V,Ramakrishnan?) wrote many novels. I like his novels like "Milad",
"Central", "Poo Veli". As a employee of Indian Railways he wrote the nice
novel Central which came in Kalki. The whole novel is within the 'G.T.
Express'. It was a very good novel.
He wrote Milad and Poo Veli in Kumudham. In Poo Veli he explained What is
love. Is it external appearance glamour or realy a it come out of the
heart.?

When you talked about "Pattampoochi" , whe should talked about
Krishanakumar alias Ra.Ki.Rangarajan. He wrote the transalation novels in
the name of Krishnakumar and direct novels in the name of
Ra.Ki.Rangarajan. He worked as a sub-editior of Kumudham. He translated
many Shedny Shelton (I think I misspelt the name). The novel "Rasi" which
he wrote with his own name. He wrote many Aavi Ulaga kadhaikal. He
recently wrote dialogues for the film "Mahanadhi". Did any one knows about
his works?

SAP no one knew his face until his death. The editor of the magazine
Kumudham. He wrote many novels. There were lot of charecters in his
novels. He always confuse the readers. He introduce a new charecter in
each episode. His novel "Neenaiye Radhiendru" is a notable one.

Another writer is Maniyan. He is the first writer started Newwave novels
and totally spoiled the Tamil Novels.But some of his novels are good.
Idhaya Veenai, illavu Katha kili are the notable one. He wrote 4 novels
from a song of Pudhiya Paravai.They are
"Unnai Ondru Ketpen", "Unmai Solla Vendum", "Ennai Pada Sonnal","Enna Pada
Thondrum". His novel "Mogam 30 Varusham" is the first culprit among the
Newwave novels. He visited many nations in the world and wrote about that
very well. This is the one good thing he did. BTW his novel illavu Katha
kili made into film by K.Balachandar . That was "Sollathan Ninaikiren".

Magarishi, who wrote some good novels and later turned to an ordinery junk
novelist.
His 'Puvana Oru Kelvik Kuri', "Saidama Saindhadu", "Bathrakali" are made
in to film. They are also good.

I am going to conclude this series with the next post. If any one knew
more about Tamil novelists like Thi.Janakiraman, Indhra Parthasarathi,
Asokamithran, Mowni please continue this series. It is my Humble Request.

Nandri
Vanakkathudan

Prakash Balakrishnan

Do Your Duty and Don't expect Results - Gita.
If You Can't Do An Assainment None Can Do That - My Boss

Gayathri Krishnamurthy

Jan 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/14/96
In article <4dbmks$1...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, prak...@aol.com (PRAKASH2) writes:

> I am going to conclude this series with the next post. If any one knew
> more about Tamil novelists like Thi.Janakiraman, Indhra Parthasarathi,
> Asokamithran, Mowni please continue this series. It is my Humble Request.

Thank you Prakash for a refreshing thread. I had meant to contribute to
this thread earlier itself, but wanted to read other viewpoints first.
So anyway - here's my 2 cents worth.

As for popular women writers (read Indumathi-Sivasankari-Vasanthi), the
only one who of late did write an occasionally good novel is Vasanthi
(my opinion, of course). The only good novel of Indumathi's
that I read was "thaRaiyil iRangum vimAnangaL", but I wouldn't
rate that very high. I haven't read a good novel by Sivasankari after
"avan", which was very well-written and pretty disturbing.

A couple of Vasanthi's novels with new themes come to mind. One is
"Sandhya", and the other being "vErgaLaith thEdi". Both describe sensitive
and rebellious women who lead somewhat unusual lives. In "Sandhya", the
heroine is an educated woman who rebels against her excessively rigid
(though affectionate) parents, tries to strike out on her own by getting
admission in a university in Norway and leaves for the place much against
her parents' wishes. Her experiences there, the loneliness she feels
among people around her and their inability to reach out and communicate
their feelings bother her a great deal. In the meantime she also gets to
know an Indian who works at the embassy (I think) - she is charmed by him,
but something about his views scare her though she couldn't analyze just
what put her off. He suggests that they live together but she doesn't want
to do so without marriage. Eventually, culture shock, intense loneliness
and the suicide of her Norwegian friend Eva all bring her to breaking point
where she moves in with the Indian man, basically for some moral support.
They live together for a while but she finally wants to go back to India
and live where she thinks people are more warmhearted. She suggests this
to her lover, and he just says "Ok, go back if you wish". They have
an argument and she realizes that he never intended to marry her, didn't
want to commit to anyone etc - and that comes as a shock. She realizes
how little she meant to him even though he had meant a great deal to
her. The affair ends right there and she makes up her mind to go back home
to India and face whatever she needed to face there, be it lack of freedom
or restrictions at home. All she needed was that human touch.

On the surface, it would seem like a novel where the moral of the story
is "I told you so. You didn't submit to your parents - see what
happened ?" :-). I don't think that's what Vasanthi is trying to
convey here. Sandhya's sensitivity has been portrayed very well. While
she is a very warmhearted, sympathetic human being, she doesn't put up with
things meekly or accept things she doesn't consider right. Her need
for freedom and her own affectionate nature are at conflict and in the
struggle, she stumbles and loses her way before finding herself again.
Partly it is the rebelliousness of her age, partly the anger at her
parents and the society which limits women's freedom even though the
woman herself might be as educated and independent as a man which lead
her to go as far from her parents as she could, and strike out on her
own.

In "vErgaLaith thEdi", the heroine Mythili is unconventional because she,
in Indian society, is a divorced woman. The story is about how she copes
with life after her divorce - with her own loneliness, with the sadness
of her parents, with the 'I-told-you-so' comments from neighbors (since she
had married of her own choice a man from another community who spoke a
different language, and the marriage ended in divorce), with visits
from her ex-husband who refuses to leave her alone etc. Woven into the
story is also the Babri-Masjid-Ram-Janmabhoomi conflict at Ayodhya.

I intend to write more on this thread, but this article is already
too long. Perhaps later...

Cheers,
Gayathri.

padmalaya...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2013, 8:02:08 AM10/9/13
> I am going to conclude this series with the next post. If any one knew
> more about Tamil novelists like Thi.Janakiraman, Indhra Parthasarathi,
> Asokamithran, Mowni please continue this series. It is my Humble Request.
>
> Nandri

Can any one guide me where can one downloads novels by PVR, Sandilyan and Ra Ki Rangarajan?

Krishnan

> Vanakkathudan
>
> Prakash Balakrishnan

> Do Your Duty and Don't expect Results - Gita.
> If You Can't Do An Assainment None Can Do That - My Boss

tell

padmalaya...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2017, 5:44:42 AM10/5/17
> Vanakkathudan
>
> Prakash Balakrishnan

> Do Your Duty and Don't expect Results - Gita.
> If You Can't Do An Assainment None Can Do That - My Boss

Anyone has PVR Novel - Central?

padmalaya...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2019, 1:30:01 AM4/24/19
Hello,
Any one got PVR's Central

Regards

Krishnan
Message has been deleted

Ana R

Feb 9, 2021, 3:26:40 PM2/9/21
Can anyone help me to find Thoduvanam Novel by PVR. I desperately need this book.

Hakim Hari Kishan

Dec 17, 2021, 2:14:14 AM12/17/21
Sexologist in Delhi is just cannot be limited to just sexual related problems, there are wide range of other psychological, physiological, neurological, social, cultural, ethical, legal, moral, philosophical, spiritual, religious, and other aspects that are also associated with the subject of sexual, sexuality, and eroticism.
https://www.bestsexologistdelhi.in/ https://www.topbestsexologist.com/ https://bestsexologistinindia.in/