CHINA CHAT ROOM SEETHES AFTER U.S. PLANE COLLISION

ritz

Apr 1, 2001, 10:01:40 PM4/1/01
In soc.culture.china address....@web.site wrote:
8) China chat room seethes after U.S. plane collision
8) Beijing, April 2, 2001 (Reuters) - Chinese Internet
8) surfers declared war against America on Monday after
8) Beijing blamed a U.S. surveillance plane for a mid-air
8) collision that brought down a Chinese fighter.
8) Online chat rooms were seething with anti-U.S.
8) commentary. Many visitors urged the Chinese government to
8) take a tough line.
8) "Are you ready, friends? This is war," said one
8) furious message in a chat room of leading portal
8) Sina.com . . . . . . Read the news story here:

Oh please. China obviously instigated this incident. You're
trying to tell people that fighter aircraft were caught at
"unawares" by a big lumbering propeller-driver reconaissance
plane (ever seen a P3/E3?...it is a large slow moving aircraft).
And it all happened in international air space. It's far more
likely that the Chinese fighters were trying to force the plane
to land after it observed something they didn't want it to
observe.

If China doesn't want its planes to get shot down, they shouldn't
play tag with American military aircraft in international airspace
and then act indignant when they lose.

With the USSR effectively out of the game, the Chinese are playing
a very dangerous game.

Cheers,

People's Pizza

Apr 2, 2001, 2:56:03 AM4/2/01
Well now it is time for payback time. I hope the Chinese strip that spy
plane down to its rivetts and study every damn piece of technology.

<address....@web.site www.mantra.com/jyotish (Dr. Jai Maharaj)> wrote
in message news:USA-0444...@news.mantra.com...

> China chat room seethes after U.S. plane collision

> Beijing, April 2, 2001 (Reuters) - Chinese Internet

> surfers declared war against America on Monday after

> Beijing blamed a U.S. surveillance plane for a mid-air

> collision that brought down a Chinese fighter.

> Online chat rooms were seething with anti-U.S.

> commentary. Many visitors urged the Chinese government to

> take a tough line.

> "Are you ready, friends? This is war," said one

> furious message in a chat room of leading portal

> Sina.com . . . . . . Read the news story here:
>

> http://sg.news.yahoo.com/010401/3/lrnu.html
>
> News Plus
> http://www.mantra.com/newsplus
> Om Shanti
>
> Facts about Islam and Muslims
> http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate
>
> Hindu Holocaust Museum
> http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

Chas2K

Apr 2, 2001, 4:45:44 AM4/2/01
> If China doesn't want its planes to get shot down, they shouldn't
> play tag with American military aircraft in international airspace
> and then act indignant when they lose.

Actually the Chinese Communist's airplane doesn't seem to have been shot
down, but rather disabled itself bumping the US airplane.

Clearly the actions of poorly trained pilots in inferior aircraft.

We have Clinton to thank for this mess. He made the Chinese think that
all Americans are weak and stupid and for sale. Him and all the American
companies tripping over themselves to get rich while dumping money into
the treasury of the CCP which then uses the money to build up their
military. I wonder what promises Clinton made and what troubles we would
have now if the PLA's money runner had made it into the White House?

Thomas

Apr 2, 2001, 7:18:49 AM4/2/01

This is hilarious. Ch*na is very well aware of how it is playing the
game having a large number of research groups that study American
democracy and how the fundamentals change from election to election.

The incident is very contrived and is likely to anger the U.S. congress
and eventually regular folks in the U.S.

This kind of action is the best way to guarantee an increased
American presence in and around SE Asia during the Bush administration.

Say goodbye to an American withdrawal from Japan and hello to a new move-
ment to renew U.S. forces all around Asia.

The end-effect will be:

- short-term damage to business in international markets.
- long-term rollout of American forces.
- long-term increase in spending in the aerospace industry
- fewer fuzzy bears from Ch*na in Walmart as import restrictions begin

What a terrifically dumb move in a long game of chess.

Truly nobody wanted this kind of movement to begin as most people in the
U.S. have wished Ch*na only the best for decades now.

In soc.culture.taiwan ritz <ri...@shelob.mordor.net> wrote:
: In soc.culture.china address....@web.site wrote:
: 8) Ch*na chat room seethes after U.S. plane collision

: 8) Beijing, April 2, 2001 (Reuters) - Chinese Internet
: 8) surfers declared war against America on Monday after
: 8) Beijing blamed a U.S. surveillance plane for a mid-air
: 8) collision that brought down a Chinese fighter.
: 8) Online chat rooms were seething with anti-U.S.
: 8) commentary. Many visitors urged the Chinese government to
: 8) take a tough line.
: 8) "Are you ready, friends? This is war," said one
: 8) furious message in a chat room of leading portal
: 8) Sina.com . . . . . . Read the news story here:

: Oh please. Ch*na obviously instigated this incident. You're

: trying to tell people that fighter aircraft were caught at
: "unawares" by a big lumbering propeller-driver reconaissance
: plane (ever seen a P3/E3?...it is a large slow moving aircraft).
: And it all happened in international air space. It's far more
: likely that the Chinese fighters were trying to force the plane
: to land after it observed something they didn't want it to
: observe.

: If Ch*na doesn't want its planes to get shot down, they shouldn't

Steve

Apr 2, 2001, 9:55:22 AM4/2/01
Seems like China propaganda is setting people up for a war. Let us hope we
can endure the initial attack that must be close at hand or why else would
they start such propaganda that on it's face is absurd.

So much for cold war being over. China seems to be wanting and for some
reason provoking a confrontation. Perhaps to begin and foster a decrease in
the friendly ties Americans and Chinese have had for so many years.

I don't think anyone even a Chinese with a censored mind think a slow
cumbersome craft was at fault.

I just hope the 24 hostages are ok and the Chinese know they have made a lot
of enemies all over the world because of this.

People's Pizza <people...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Taiwan Beer

Apr 2, 2001, 10:36:39 AM4/2/01

"Thomas" <tho...@mycal.com> wrote in message news:3ac8...@news.svn.net...

> This is hilarious. Ch*na is very well aware of how it is playing the
> game having a large number of research groups that study American
> democracy and how the fundamentals change from election to election.
>
> The incident is very contrived and is likely to anger the U.S. congress
> and eventually regular folks in the U.S.
>
> This kind of action is the best way to guarantee an increased
> American presence in and around SE Asia during the Bush administration.
>
> Say goodbye to an American withdrawal from Japan and hello to a new move-
> ment to renew U.S. forces all around Asia.
>
> The end-effect will be:
>
> - short-term damage to business in international markets.
> - long-term rollout of American forces.
> - long-term increase in spending in the aerospace industry
> - fewer fuzzy bears from Ch*na in Walmart as import restrictions begin
>
> What a terrifically dumb move in a long game of chess.
>
> Truly nobody wanted this kind of movement to begin as most people in the
> U.S. have wished Ch*na only the best for decades now.

Correctomondo. Stir up a nice incident in China ("Don't look inside our spy
plane" HAHAHA!), to justify selling big guns to Taiwan. Pretty transparent
stuff. Much and all as I think a strong China is necessary for the stability
of the region, I would like to see Taiwan get those rubber duckies. So for
once I'm on the side of the Americans.

(Why land on Hainan ? If your plane is that secret, drop it in the sea and
recover it later. Hmmmm.....!!!)

TB

Jigong

Apr 2, 2001, 11:29:38 AM4/2/01

ritz wrote:

> In soc.culture.china address....@web.site wrote:
> 8) China chat room seethes after U.S. plane collision
> 8) Beijing, April 2, 2001 (Reuters) - Chinese Internet
> 8) surfers declared war against America on Monday after
> 8) Beijing blamed a U.S. surveillance plane for a mid-air
> 8) collision that brought down a Chinese fighter.
> 8) Online chat rooms were seething with anti-U.S.
> 8) commentary. Many visitors urged the Chinese government to
> 8) take a tough line.
> 8) "Are you ready, friends? This is war," said one
> 8) furious message in a chat room of leading portal
> 8) Sina.com . . . . . . Read the news story here:
>
> Oh please. China obviously instigated this incident.

You mean Chinese plane flew more than 10,000 km to USA to 'instigate'
American spy plane to fly to Hainan Island?

Jigong

Apr 2, 2001, 11:34:04 AM4/2/01

Chas2K wrote:

> > If China doesn't want its planes to get shot down, they shouldn't
> > play tag with American military aircraft in international airspace
> > and then act indignant when they lose.
> >
> Actually the Chinese Communist's airplane doesn't seem to have been shot
> down, but rather disabled itself bumping the US airplane.
>
> Clearly the actions of poorly trained pilots in inferior aircraft.

It is a fact recognized all over the world that USA has the most advanced
aerospace technology and own the best war planes. Nobody, including the
Chinese, ever denied this fact. Hence it is puzzling why the most advanced
aircraft could be 'forced' by 'poorly trained' pilots with 'inferior'
aircraft from 'international' airspace to the Chinese island?

Jigong

Apr 2, 2001, 11:37:40 AM4/2/01

Taiwan Beer wrote:

> (Why land on Hainan ? If your plane is that secret, drop it in the sea and
> recover it later. Hmmmm.....!!!)

Well, it was simply too far away from international water and the other American
crafts!

SX

Apr 2, 2001, 11:51:51 AM4/2/01
If it was a Chinese spy plane patroling along the coast of San Diego, then
you can call that China has intention to provoking a confrontation.

Since PLA has never lost a war against the US amry, the confidence among
Chinese soldiers is high and if it's not that they are instructed to
restraint, the Chinese pilots could hit those plane earlier. From military
point of view, the US is sure a loser if there is confrontation happened
along China - a couple of carriers means nothing to the Chinese army, unless
the US goes to the nuclear arms. But if it goes to the atomic means, it will
also suffer greatly and the future world power distribution will be
different. Sure the US doesn't want that outcome.

So to end this kind of hostile situation between China and the US, there are
two choices: one is to have a war between China and the US, if China losses,
it'll be like Japan - lose confidence to challenge the US and will listen to
the US and focus on economy build up. If the US losses, the US will
recognise China's strength and will not do the stupid things again. The
other is that the US stops to treat China as its potential enemy. Since the
two countries already have extensive economic connections, the relationship
between these two countries will become stable and the whole Asia, if not
the whole world, will enjoy the prosperity.

Obviously the common part of the two options is that the two countries treat
each other a normal country.

Yes there is a possibility of war now because the US has the dominant power.
Any unchecked power will result abuse of it. If it happened in a country,
it's called dictatorship, if it exists in international community, should it
be called similarily?

I think China should release those soldiers, but seize the airplane for the
moment, although I think the airplane is no much use. The design and
operational principals should be known to China already. But the
instrumentation is not easy to learn - even though China knows how it works,
it may not be able to produce it, for lack of manufacturing technique.

For those who shoot angrily and think 'how dare you Chinese can seize
American plane and marines?' I think what you can do is only shooting you
angry and there is nothing else you can do - the fact is that a US spy
plane landed in China without permission. If Chinese didn't show restraint
it could just shot the EP-3 and that's it, just like the Russian did to the
Korean Air 747.

BTW, correct me if I am wrong, according to international maritime laws,
within 120kilometers from the shore belongs to a country's waters. If this
is the case, then the US plane is about 70miles (112km) from Hainan Island
and is just inside China waters. Of course Chinese jets want it out.

"Steve" <conn...@midwest.net> wrote in message

ritz

Apr 2, 2001, 12:15:40 PM4/2/01
In soc.culture.china Jigong <Jigong...@rocketmail.com> wrote:

8) ritz wrote:

8)> In soc.culture.china address....@web.site wrote:
8)> 8) China chat room seethes after U.S. plane collision
8)> 8) Beijing, April 2, 2001 (Reuters) - Chinese Internet
8)> 8) surfers declared war against America on Monday after
8)> 8) Beijing blamed a U.S. surveillance plane for a mid-air
8)> 8) collision that brought down a Chinese fighter.
8)> 8) Online chat rooms were seething with anti-U.S.
8)> 8) commentary. Many visitors urged the Chinese government to
8)> 8) take a tough line.
8)> 8) "Are you ready, friends? This is war," said one
8)> 8) furious message in a chat room of leading portal
8)> 8) Sina.com . . . . . . Read the news story here:
8)>
8)> Oh please. China obviously instigated this incident.

8) You mean Chinese plane flew more than 10,000 km to USA to 'instigate'
8) American spy plane to fly to Hainan Island?

10,000 or 100km is irrelevant. The Chinese planes intercepted the
American plane in (I'll say this slowly so you can understand)
I-N-T-E-R-N-A-T-I-O-N-A-L airspace. That is airspace that anyone
is legally permitted to fly in.

I think it is rather foolhardy for them to rattle their sword.
An armed conflict would be very short and probably crushing to
the Chinese expensive military toys. Unless China was prepared
to use nuclear weapons, they would not fare very well in an
armed dispute. And it will make it that much easier to help
out the Taiwanese who are (with good reason) questioning the
Chinese arms buildup.

Cheers,

Chris Mauritz
ri...@mordor.net

Jigong

Apr 2, 2001, 12:36:13 PM4/2/01

ritz wrote:

> In soc.culture.china Jigong <Jigong...@rocketmail.com> wrote:
>
> 8) ritz wrote:
>
> 8)> In soc.culture.china address....@web.site wrote:
> 8)> 8) China chat room seethes after U.S. plane collision
> 8)> 8) Beijing, April 2, 2001 (Reuters) - Chinese Internet
> 8)> 8) surfers declared war against America on Monday after
> 8)> 8) Beijing blamed a U.S. surveillance plane for a mid-air
> 8)> 8) collision that brought down a Chinese fighter.
> 8)> 8) Online chat rooms were seething with anti-U.S.
> 8)> 8) commentary. Many visitors urged the Chinese government to
> 8)> 8) take a tough line.
> 8)> 8) "Are you ready, friends? This is war," said one
> 8)> 8) furious message in a chat room of leading portal
> 8)> 8) Sina.com . . . . . . Read the news story here:
> 8)>
> 8)> Oh please. China obviously instigated this incident.
>
> 8) You mean Chinese plane flew more than 10,000 km to USA to 'instigate'
> 8) American spy plane to fly to Hainan Island?
>
> 10,000 or 100km is irrelevant. The Chinese planes intercepted the
> American plane in (I'll say this slowly so you can understand)
> I-N-T-E-R-N-A-T-I-O-N-A-L airspace.

While you may continue to insist that it was in 'international airspace',
the fact remains that it would be extremely difficult for 'ill trained'
Chinese pilot on poorly 'constructed' aircraft to 'force' much more advanced
American spy plane to go a long distant from 'international airspace' to
Chinese territory.

It is also a fact that Americans have very strong presence in that area of
international water with aircraft carriers, submarines, etc. How can
'poorly' constructed Chinese aircraft ever go near the superior American
plane in international airspace? Isn't it illogical to make such a claim?

> That is airspace that anyone
> is legally permitted to fly in.
>
> I think it is rather foolhardy for them to rattle their sword.

Based on facts about American superiority, it is more likely that americans
are the ones rattling with words.

> An armed conflict would be very short and probably crushing to
> the Chinese expensive military toys. Unless China was prepared
> to use nuclear weapons, they would not fare very well in an
> armed dispute. And it will make it that much easier to help
> out the Taiwanese who are (with good reason) questioning the
> Chinese arms buildup.

Millions of Chinese are willing to die to defend their homeland.
How many Americans are willing to fly 10,000 km to die for nothing?

ritz

Apr 2, 2001, 1:24:00 PM4/2/01
In soc.culture.china Jigong <Jigong...@rocketmail.com> wrote:

8) ritz wrote:

8)> In soc.culture.china Jigong <Jigong...@rocketmail.com> wrote:
8)>
8)> 8) ritz wrote:
8)>
8)> 8)> In soc.culture.china address....@web.site wrote:
8)> 8)> 8) China chat room seethes after U.S. plane collision
8)> 8)> 8) Beijing, April 2, 2001 (Reuters) - Chinese Internet
8)> 8)> 8) surfers declared war against America on Monday after
8)> 8)> 8) Beijing blamed a U.S. surveillance plane for a mid-air
8)> 8)> 8) collision that brought down a Chinese fighter.
8)> 8)> 8) Online chat rooms were seething with anti-U.S.
8)> 8)> 8) commentary. Many visitors urged the Chinese government to
8)> 8)> 8) take a tough line.
8)> 8)> 8) "Are you ready, friends? This is war," said one
8)> 8)> 8) furious message in a chat room of leading portal
8)> 8)> 8) Sina.com . . . . . . Read the news story here:

8)> 8)>
8)> 8)> Oh please. China obviously instigated this incident.
8)>

8)> 8) You mean Chinese plane flew more than 10,000 km to USA to 'instigate'
8)> 8) American spy plane to fly to Hainan Island?
8)>
8)> 10,000 or 100km is irrelevant. The Chinese planes intercepted the
8)> American plane in (I'll say this slowly so you can understand)
8)> I-N-T-E-R-N-A-T-I-O-N-A-L airspace.

8) While you may continue to insist that it was in 'international airspace',
8) the fact remains that it would be extremely difficult for 'ill trained'
8) Chinese pilot on poorly 'constructed' aircraft to 'force' much more advanced
8) American spy plane to go a long distant from 'international airspace' to
8) Chinese territory.

Are you an idiot or just being intentionally obtuse? Even a small
fighter aircraft has enough mass to do significant damage to a larger
slower aircraft if they come into physical contact. If the American
plane was sufficiently damaged, the pilot would want to land at the
closest airfield available. That happened to be Hainan. The international
press is reporting the incident occurred in international airspace.
If you choose to believe the Chinese press instead, that's your
right, but you may get more accurate news by reading the National
Enquirer.

8) It is also a fact that Americans have very strong presence in that area of
8) international water with aircraft carriers, submarines, etc. How can
8) 'poorly' constructed Chinese aircraft ever go near the superior American
8) plane in international airspace? Isn't it illogical to make such a claim?

In international airspace, the Chinese planes are free to "go near" the
American planes. Going near enough to collide is just plain stupid,
but it's a common practice when jets are scrambled to "watch" foreign
aircraft along their borders. The US and the Russians used to do this
frequently until they ran out of money for jet fuel.

8)> That is airspace that anyone
8)> is legally permitted to fly in.
8)>
8)> I think it is rather foolhardy for them to rattle their sword.

8) Based on facts about American superiority, it is more likely that americans
8) are the ones rattling with words.

We shall see. Look at what happened to the last few bullies who
played this game with the US armed forces. It doesn't make any
sense for the Chinese to invite that type of response.

8)> An armed conflict would be very short and probably crushing to
8)> the Chinese expensive military toys. Unless China was prepared
8)> to use nuclear weapons, they would not fare very well in an
8)> armed dispute. And it will make it that much easier to help
8)> out the Taiwanese who are (with good reason) questioning the
8)> Chinese arms buildup.

8) Millions of Chinese are willing to die to defend their homeland.

Yup. And millions more were willing to die as a result of their
own government policies (cough...cultural revolution...cough).
The real victim here is the Chinese pilot who was probably just
doing what he was told and now he's probably dead.

8) How many Americans are willing to fly 10,000 km to die for nothing?

I dunno. It seems everyone comes crying to the US for help when
they are in trouble and our troops are frequently put at risk
in humanitarian actions. Maybe China should step in and do that
instead....Chinese sabre rattling is a pretty empty threat. They
don't have the resources or the equipment to fight the US so
inventing confrontations seems a bit disingenious.

Have a nice day.

Dan J.S.

Apr 2, 2001, 1:59:26 PM4/2/01
I wish we would go to war with China. It would help the economy and we would
have a good time kicking their ass... I am not really afraid of a 'Made in
China' fighter plane... or a Tank or a ship for that matter...

<address....@web.site www.mantra.com/jyotish (Dr. Jai Maharaj)> wrote
in message news:USA-0444...@news.mantra.com...

> China chat room seethes after U.S. plane collision

> Beijing, April 2, 2001 (Reuters) - Chinese Internet

> surfers declared war against America on Monday after

> Beijing blamed a U.S. surveillance plane for a mid-air

> collision that brought down a Chinese fighter.

> Online chat rooms were seething with anti-U.S.

> commentary. Many visitors urged the Chinese government to

> take a tough line.

> "Are you ready, friends? This is war," said one

> furious message in a chat room of leading portal

> Sina.com . . . . . . Read the news story here:

thx1138

Apr 2, 2001, 3:37:10 PM4/2/01
"Jigong" <Jigong...@rocketmail.com>

> It is a fact recognized all over the world that USA has the most advanced
> aerospace technology and own the best war planes. Nobody, including the
> Chinese, ever denied this fact. Hence it is puzzling why the most advanced
> aircraft could be 'forced' by 'poorly trained' pilots with 'inferior'
> aircraft from 'international' airspace to the Chinese island?

Hey Jingjing, wake up and smell the tea. A sssllooowww lumbering
"propeller" powered P-3 aircraft which is designed to fly straight and
level is no match for ANY jet fighter aircraft capable of flying at least
twice its speed. What the hell is this PLA pilot doing flying within 20
feet in international airspace? Taking photos??? D'oh!

American pilots are not kamikaze. They are the best trained and
safest pilots in the world. There is no need to risk American lives
just to provoke the PLA. They are incredibly disciplined and are
fully aware of the consequences of in-flight contact. Apparently the
PLA pilot wasn't and enjoyed playing chicken. Unfortunately he lost
and was unaware of the robust flying characteristics a P-3 is
designed for.

This episode clearly exposes the un-professional piloting skills of the
PLA airforce. Reminds me of Iraqi pilots.

Enjoy your tea

Taiwan Beer

Apr 2, 2001, 1:45:52 PM4/2/01

"Jigong" <Jigong...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
These things are designed to be ditchable. If it could travel 70 miles to
Hainan it can't have been in that bad a condition. They are _supposed_ to be
ditched in the sea precisely to avoid handing them over to your enemies. Do
you think if this had happened near a Soviet port 20 years ago they would
have just landed in the USSR and said "Oh by the way lads, don't be looking
inside our top secret spy plane now." It's ludicrous !

TB

Taiwan Beer

Apr 2, 2001, 2:32:06 PM4/2/01

"Dan J.S." <sme...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I wish we would go to war with China. It would help the economy and we
would
> have a good time kicking their ass... I am not really afraid of a 'Made in
> China' fighter plane... or a Tank or a ship for that matter...

What about a big Made in China nuclear bomb ?

TB

Taiwan Beer

Apr 2, 2001, 2:05:57 PM4/2/01

"Jigong" <Jigong...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message

It is also worth pointing out that the American troops/pilots/etc are scared
witless of getting themselves hurt, and therefore blast everything on the
battlefield to kingdom come, enemy, allies, and all. This was proved
adequately during the gulf war. I hope China doesn't annoy America too much.
They might miss and hit Taiwan instead.

TB

Ray Peters

Apr 2, 2001, 3:52:41 PM4/2/01
Say What?
Do you know the difference between an "unarmed aircraft" and a "armed to the
teeth" fighter plane?
Old inferior weapons will win out over unarmed superior equipment any day!
PULL YOUR HEAD OUT!

aloha'ole cyberian

Apr 2, 2001, 5:35:40 PM4/2/01
Kill the damn chinese. Take their lands like they took the land from Tibet.
Chinese hegemony must end now. NUKE Beijing.

theMule

Apr 2, 2001, 7:20:59 PM4/2/01

SX wrote in message <9aa73n$32t$1...@newsie.singa.pore.net>...

>If it was a Chinese spy plane patroling along the coast of San Diego, then
>you can call that China has intention to provoking a confrontation.

They use fishing boats, and graduate students instead.

>Since PLA has never lost a war against the US amry, the confidence among
>Chinese soldiers is high and if it's not that they are instructed to
>restraint, the Chinese pilots could hit those plane earlier. From military
>point of view, the US is sure a loser if there is confrontation happened
>along China

Maybe we should send the Japanese, seems they beat the PLA some 60 years
ago. In a limited war, all of China's offensive capability on the coast
would be eliminated in a couple weeks. Economically, the country would be in
dire straits, since all the ports would be closed, and a sufficient amount
of European Business would be lost, as well as the U.S. and Japan. The U.S.
wouldn't invade, but you could kiss Taiwan good bye forever.

- a couple of carriers means nothing to the Chinese army, unless
>the US goes to the nuclear arms. But if it goes to the atomic means, it
will
>also suffer greatly and the future world power distribution will be
>different. Sure the US doesn't want that outcome.

It means the Chinese army can't move without being killed.

>So to end this kind of hostile situation between China and the US, there
are
>two choices: one is to have a war between China and the US, if China
losses,
>it'll be like Japan - lose confidence to challenge the US and will listen
>the US and focus on economy build up. If the US losses, the US will
>recognise China's strength and will not do the stupid things again. The
>other is that the US stops to treat China as its potential enemy. Since the
>two countries already have extensive economic connections, the relationship
>between these two countries will become stable and the whole Asia, if not
>the whole world, will enjoy the prosperity.

The Chinese political system needs to Change, from rampantly corrupt and
authoritarian, to moderately corrupt and Liberal democrat - socialist, like
Europe. It will be better for everyone if it did.

>Obviously the common part of the two options is that the two countries
treat
>each other a normal country.

They are not two normal countries.

>Yes there is a possibility of war now because the US has the dominant
power.
>Any unchecked power will result abuse of it. If it happened in a country,
>it's called dictatorship, if it exists in international community, should
it
>be called similarily?
>
>I think China should release those soldiers, but seize the airplane for the
>moment, although I think the airplane is no much use. The design and
>operational principals should be known to China already. But the
>instrumentation is not easy to learn - even though China knows how it
works,
>it may not be able to produce it, for lack of manufacturing technique.
>
>For those who shoot angrily and think 'how dare you Chinese can seize
>American plane and marines?' I think what you can do is only shooting you
>angry and there is nothing else you can do - the fact is that a US spy
>plane landed in China without permission. If Chinese didn't show restraint
>it could just shot the EP-3 and that's it, just like the Russian did to the
>Korean Air 747.

There are U.N. treaties that allow emergency landings in Foreign countries,
If China really wants to be trated as a normal country, then it should act
like one.

>BTW, correct me if I am wrong, according to international maritime laws,
>within 120kilometers from the shore belongs to a country's waters. If this
>is the case, then the US plane is about 70miles (112km) from Hainan Island
>and is just inside China waters. Of course Chinese jets want it out.

Your wrong, the limit is about 15 km.

aloha'ole cyberian

Apr 2, 2001, 8:30:15 PM4/2/01
Yeah, the chinese pussies couldn't even beat vietnam. Scarey scarey. Boo!

"SX" <s...@263.net> wrote in message

theMule

Apr 2, 2001, 9:13:03 PM4/2/01

aloha'ole cyberian wrote in message ...

>Yeah, the chinese pussies couldn't even beat vietnam. Scarey scarey. Boo!

-- As compared to the US defeat of VietNam ?

aloha'ole cyberian

Apr 2, 2001, 9:28:03 PM4/2/01
We lost vietnam like Japan lost wwII. A defeat on the battlefield that
translated to economic domination. It's not all about bullets.

Nuke Beijing.

"theMule" <idont...@spam.net> wrote in message

David J Bush

Apr 2, 2001, 9:58:34 PM4/2/01
>> > (Why land on Hainan ? If your plane is that secret, drop it in the sea
>and
>> > recover it later. Hmmmm.....!!!)
>>
>> Well, it was simply too far away from international water and the other
>American
>> crafts!

Mm hm.

>These things are designed to be ditchable. If it could travel 70 miles to
>Hainan it can't have been in that bad a condition. They are _supposed_ to be
>ditched in the sea precisely to avoid handing them over to your enemies. Do
>you think if this had happened near a Soviet port 20 years ago they would
>have just landed in the USSR and said "Oh by the way lads, don't be looking
>inside our top secret spy plane now." It's ludicrous !

We (the US) are clearly not on a war footing. The generals are forced
by their civilian superiors to implement all sorts of absurd policy
decisions. No politician wants to be seen placing any soldier or
airman or sailor at risk unnecessarily. The families of any such
ditched craft would probably sue. And the media would have a feeding
frenzy. Never mind about hierarchies of risk, or the future airmen and
soldiers and sailors who will now be in greater danger (in my opinion)
once all the technology on board gets back-engineered.

Not that I'm advocating fascist rule, mind you, just making an
observation... :-)

David

SX

Apr 3, 2001, 1:21:49 AM4/3/01
Continue your dream and fascination. I see people like you scare to shit out
when passing immigrant checkpoint at Beijing Airport.

When you talk about war, it means many many years, not a couple of days. Do
you remember how you lost Vietnam?

The US is a bully to those small countries. Well, bullies usually can only
show force to small parties. When they are really challenged, they'll back
off.

The US won WWII is not because of its superior weaponry. Germany lost war
even though it had the most advanced weaponry. Chinese communist won the
civil war is not because of advanced weaponry; the US lost Vietnam is not
because it didn't have advanced weaponry.

Weaponry is only a deterrent tool, but not a determining tool to the result
of war.

For those who believe the US arms are so sophisticated I want to tell you
that those weapons probably won't work during a war - my new Ford breaks
down more often than my China made bicycle.

"theMule" <idont...@spam.net> wrote in message

aloha'ole cyberian

Apr 3, 2001, 1:50:25 AM4/3/01
Don't act innocent. China deserves to be destroyed. It has no respect for
Tibet, why should anyone respect china.

It took a few Japanese to devastate your empire. Be careful we might send
our boyscouts to whip your little chinese asses.

"SX" <s...@263.net> wrote in message

SX

Apr 3, 2001, 4:43:02 AM4/3/01
I know why your ass is bigger - because there is full of evil in your body.

You better remember how your soldiers died hopelessly during the Korean war
and Vietnam war.

It's utterly important that idiot like you remember that winning a war
doesn't depend on your mouth, either your ass.

"aloha'ole cyberian" <alcohola...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

DrNybble

Apr 3, 2001, 10:03:06 AM4/3/01

>Are you an idiot or just being intentionally obtuse? Even a small
>fighter aircraft has enough mass to do significant damage to a larger
>slower aircraft if they come into physical contact. If the American
>plane was sufficiently damaged, the pilot would want to land at the
>closest airfield available. That happened to be Hainan. The international
>press is reporting the incident occurred in international airspace.
>If you choose to believe the Chinese press instead, that's your
>right, but you may get more accurate news by reading the National
>Enquirer.

You're right about the potential damage that can be inflicted on a
larger aircraft simplify by force of contact. I remember some time
ago that a small one-seat, single-engined aircraft (F-104) accidently
bumped into and brought down a very large six-engined bomber (XB-70)
over the Mojave desert. (Edwards Flight Test Center)

Chas2K

Apr 3, 2001, 6:18:28 PM4/3/01
The Vietnam action was lost by politicians in Washington, primarily
people in the Johnson administration, not by the lack of skill or will
by US troops. The US military had the hardware, but not mandate to
conclude the war because of politics, nothing else. Troops were
demoralized because of the divisivness of the Leftist Press whipping up
the population to attack the foot soldiers when they should have been
attacking Kennedy and Johnson for their part in waging a halfassed war
that wasted lives. Now the US has much better leaders, hardware, and
manufacturing facilities. China still makes a lot of things in Mao era
backyard shops. Ain't gonna work. They need to stick to forcing children
to make fireworks in school instead of learning. Maybe this way the
Chinese people will get their collective heads from out of their
collective asses and overthrow the Butchers of Beijing. Chinese people
deserve better than the Liars of the CCP give them.

aloha'ole cyberian

Apr 3, 2001, 6:25:37 PM4/3/01
Vietnam was the battlefront for the OS and Preston Bush to import drugs from
the golden triangle into the US in US servicemen's coffins. Vietnam had
nothing to do with the actual intent of the powers that be.

Now George Bush is our president and our economy, military and position in
the international community are going down the tubes. It's not good to rig
an election in a country that has freedom of speech.

George bush is an idiot and his family are all scum.

"Chas2K" <NoS...@mudbath.org> wrote in message

Khaveen Abdul Ca-non

Apr 2, 2001, 2:55:39 PM4/2/01
It, the it in this case being, Jigong <Jigong...@rocketmail.com>,
provided proof of it's gullibility when it put this crap
<3AC89CC4...@rocketmail.com> in the cesspool known as
talk.politics.china:

Hey stupid....It was over international waters...over 100 miles from
Chinese airspace.

--
Khaveen Abdul Ca-non
troll at hell-flame-wars dot org

hello

Apr 4, 2001, 12:10:14 AM4/4/01
Do you write for the Communist Chinese government? Your insight is
phenomenal.

"aloha'ole cyberian" <alcohola...@hotmail.com> wrote in

Sneaky1

Apr 4, 2001, 6:16:38 AM4/4/01
aloha'ole cyberian wrote:

> Vietnam was the battlefront for the OS and Preston Bush to import drugs from
> the golden triangle into the US in US servicemen's coffins. Vietnam had
> nothing to do with the actual intent of the powers that be.
>
> Now George Bush is our president and our economy, military and position in
> the international community are going down the tubes. It's not good to rig
> an election in a country that has freedom of speech.
>
> George bush is an idiot and his family are all scum.

What an idiot! The rigging of the election was done by the socialist
left arm of the Democratic party and was still not able to pull off a
coup for Comrade Gore.
The US (and world) economy was tanking for months before the election
due to Clinton chasing ugly pussy and lying to his friends and scamming
money to pay for his and 1st Cunt's lawyers. It was Clinton who decided
to let the queers and lesbians have open access to American armed forces
and to cut the budgets and to undermine moral so the military was in
it's worst condition ever.

The Florida votes have now been recounted at least 10 times and the
assholes cannot still find enough votes to overturn the election.

BTW, why aren't all the Democrats mad as Hell? It was Democrat election
comittees controlling counties where Democrats designed the butterfly
ballots and run the election commitees in Florida that were the areas of
contention. It was Democratic written and passed legislation under fire
in court from the prior years under Democrat govenors and Democrat
controlled legislatures. Jeb Bush is the first Republican govenor of
Florida. According to Democrat lawyers it was only Democrat voters
intending to vote for Woodenass Comrade Gore that were too stupid to
read voting instructions written by Democratic election boards, or too
feeble to take a little pointy stick and finish punching out a
prepunched hole on a Democrat purchased and maintained voting machine.
If someone said I was that stupid, I'd take offense. But then I think
for myself.

Civics Lesson: In Florida each county has an election board under
control of the predominate political party. Each county purchases and
maintains the voting machinery of choice. The Democrats had been in
control of almost all counties for decades and had long favored the
punch card and software system in use in the counties that were
challenged. Some counties, mostly under Republican control, had
modernized to a lottery card type marked by pencil and checked on the
spot by a machine that kicked it back for another try if there were any
problems. Did you read any of that in the press or hear it on TV? It was
in these counties that the Democrats hoped to have enough sheninigans to
pull off the coup. One Democrat election official was found to have a
balloting machine in his car and was stopped from deliverying phony
ballots.

It's great to live in a country that has more than one source of news
and information.

Jigong

Apr 4, 2001, 3:44:18 PM4/4/01
Oh! You mean the bloody European who killed millions of Native Americans and
took the land from them? Would you please kindly carry out the mission?

aloha'ole cyberian

Apr 5, 2001, 1:52:01 AM4/5/01
Read your history, chinaboy, I'm irish, we're innocent. The chinese scum
suffer from the mistaken delusion that they are superior to others (like
many indigenous peoples). It is in the best interest of the chinese
government to keep its people stupid...you are proof.

Bansaya mey....ham suk lao.

How muchi you sister?

"Jigong" <Jigong...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message

aloha'ole cyberian

Apr 5, 2001, 2:22:33 PM4/5/01
millions of chinese are murdered by their country. Why don't you go back
and join them.

"Jigong" <Jigong...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message

------

Apr 5, 2001, 8:02:10 AM4/5/01
Say what??

I want to fuck usa

Chyort

Apr 5, 2001, 9:55:23 PM4/5/01
Chinese dick too small!

chyort

"------" <lssli...@sina.com> wrote in message

Taiwan Beer

Apr 6, 2001, 5:46:52 AM4/6/01

> Read your history, chinaboy, I'm irish, we're innocent.

Much killing of Red Indians was done by Irishmen, and you will find (if you
can be bothered) that the phrase "The only good Indian is a dead one" was
coined by an Irishman. Not an American psuedo-Irishman, but a man born and
brought up in Ireland.

TB

Ian Chapman

Apr 9, 2001, 2:44:18 AM4/9/01
You are an idiot. That was a four-engine prop plane that was cleared
marked and identified as a U.S. aircraft that was operating in
INTERNATIONAL airspace.

China might not like it's presence there (and I personally feel that China
can stick it where the sun don't shine), but they had every right to be
there. Same applies to Russian and Chinese 'fishing' trawlers that prowl
13 miles off of the Alaskan Coast.

In the future, you might see a fighter escort for such planes....and
things might get interesting then. In a constest between one F-16 (to say
nothing of the new F-22) piloted by a veteran USAF pilot and 10 PLA F-8s,
my money is on the American baring dumb luck (which can afflict everyone).

What I don't understand is that the PLA *knows* this. They *know* that if
they stumble into a war with the US they are going to lose......which is
why I can't fanthom what they are thinking....

Ian Chapman

* Is there no truth in beauty? |

** Truth IS beauty. \ | /
___ *____
* But what is truth? *
/ | \

Ian Chapman

Apr 9, 2001, 2:50:16 AM4/9/01
In article <0pVx6.1178$MM.4...@ozemail.com.au>,

People's Pizza <people...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Well now it is time for payback time. I hope the Chinese strip that spy
>plane down to its rivetts and study every damn piece of technology.

I am sure they will. The U.S. has every legal right to demand that plane
back, but no one really expects that to happen before the PLA examines
every bit.

Let them.....I used to work for the Intelligence Arm of the USAF. The
most sensitive parts of that aircraft have been fried beyond all
recognition....that is S.O.P.

As for the rest, if the Chinese persist, they will look like bigger and
bigger fools and push the rest of Asia into U.S. arms. Indeed it is
already starting to happen.....

Ian Chapman

Apr 9, 2001, 2:59:09 AM4/9/01
In article <9aa73n$32t$1...@newsie.singa.pore.net>, SX <s...@263.net> wrote:
>If it was a Chinese spy plane patroling along the coast of San Diego, then
>you can call that China has intention to provoking a confrontation.

If it was in INTERNATIONAL airspace (and it was) then the PLA *clearly*
wanted a confrontation. *clue file* The PLA is been seeking a
confrontation for more than a year now.....this is just the first time it
has gone public.

>Since PLA has never lost a war against the US amry, the confidence among
>Chinese soldiers is high and if it's not that they are instructed to
>restraint, the Chinese pilots could hit those plane earlier. From military
>point of view, the US is sure a loser if there is confrontation happened
>along China - a couple of carriers means nothing to the Chinese army, unless
>the US goes to the nuclear arms. But if it goes to the atomic means, it will
>also suffer greatly and the future world power distribution will be
>different. Sure the US doesn't want that outcome.

You are clearly ill informed if not a full blown idiot.

1. The PLA *did* lose a war to the U.S......Korea. I note that the
Republic of Korea still exists despite the best efforts of the PRC and
CCCP. The entire aim of the Korean war was to preserve South Korean
independance. Strike one.

2. The was an *unarmed* prop plane that was clearly marked, operating
*legally* in *international* waters. Even a small fighter jet can do
catastrophic damage to a larger aircraft. In fact the way it happened
indicates that the PLA pilot had poor training and did not know how to
handle the turbulance (the E-3 is a dirty plane after all). If anyone
deserves an apology it is the U.S. (not that we...unlike the PRC are
holding our collective breaths). Strike 2.

3. The PLA can not even defeat the Taiwanese military much less the U.S.
military (proven when China backed off in 1996). If the conflict did go
nuclear, the US would be hurt (PLA missiles can reach the US west coast),
but China would be completely annihilated. Strike three.

Get a clue.

<SNIP> The Chinese military is at fault here. Most of the rest of the
world understands this...why can't you?

>BTW, correct me if I am wrong, according to international maritime laws,
>within 120kilometers from the shore belongs to a country's waters. If this
>is the case, then the US plane is about 70miles (112km) from Hainan Island
>and is just inside China waters. Of course Chinese jets want it out.

Nope. The limit is 20 Km or about 12 miles. Sorry......too bad there
isn't a strike four....

<SNIP>

Daniel

Apr 9, 2001, 3:21:53 PM4/9/01
Chyort wrote:

> Chinese dick too small!

wow this guy is a real looser. he has no real argument, so he types in
this kind of simple mineded garbage. i note in other usenet posts he
says he is a hacker, and that he says he "has a house in china" and that
he is a internet security expert etc. my guess is that he is just a
looser.

he stated that he was just using outlook express until the 8th of april,
when he was going to upgrade his computer. let's all check out his
headers today and see what he uses. i'll bet it is the same old win 98
microcrap outlook express.

he is a joke and a good candidate for everyone's kill files. -Daniel

Taiwan Beer

Apr 9, 2001, 9:16:13 PM4/9/01

"Ian Chapman" <pol...@physics.utexas.edu> wrote in message

> In article <0pVx6.1178$MM.4...@ozemail.com.au>,
> People's Pizza <people...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Well now it is time for payback time. I hope the Chinese strip that spy
> >plane down to its rivetts and study every damn piece of technology.
>
> I am sure they will. The U.S. has every legal right to demand that plane
> back, but no one really expects that to happen before the PLA examines
> every bit.
>
> Let them.....I used to work for the Intelligence Arm of the USAF. The
> most sensitive parts of that aircraft have been fried beyond all
> recognition....that is S.O.P.
>
> As for the rest, if the Chinese persist, they will look like bigger and
> bigger fools and push the rest of Asia into U.S. arms. Indeed it is
> already starting to happen.....

And into US arms sales. If Asia tools up, it will be with American toys. I
hear the voice of LBJ calling from beyond the grave..... ("I _will_ take a
fat mistress..!" ) er no seriously, I think there does need to be a more
balanced situation in Asia - China can't be allowed to have all the show to
itself. This situation might pan out nicely for Taiwan. The problem as I see
it is that the US has not the political will to actually engage in fighting
anymore, but mad China would. It would suit the US for that to be a proxy
war rather than directly with the US, and the potential proxy nations need
to be brought under the US wing. Making China look like a dangerous bully to
those who can't see it already is US foreign policy. The problem is that the
US is looking like a dangerous bully itself in the process.

TB

Chyort

Apr 10, 2001, 1:31:34 AM4/10/01
Want to play a little game? I bet I can get in your machine before you can
get get into mine. Put your money where your mouth is. My wife is from
beijing and I have a house there, which was a wedding gift. I am a
Information Security Engineer for the biggest credit card company in the
world. Would you like to see my resume?

Chyort

"Daniel" <Dan...@lanecc.edu> wrote in message

ordosclan

Apr 10, 2001, 7:01:57 PM4/10/01
On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 00:31:34 -0500, "Chyort" <1...@1.net> wrote:

>Want to play a little game? I bet I can get in your machine before you can
>get get into mine. Put your money where your mouth is. My wife is from
>beijing and I have a house there, which was a wedding gift. I am a
>Information Security Engineer for the biggest credit card company in the
>world. Would you like to see my resume?
>
>Chyort

Hook me up bro! :)

Just another no credit "loser"....

ordo...@china.com
Get paid for using free travel!
Hurry, New member bonus ends April 12th!
Earn up to $500 daily income!

My ref id# is: biu....@juno.com
http://www.thepayline.com?ref:biu....@juno.com