Dr. Albert Schweitzer a rascist what no?

E.Ogilvie-Thompson

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99
"I have given my life to try to alleviate the sufferings of Africa. There is
something that all white men who have lived here like I must learn and know:
that these individuals are a sub-race. They have neither the intellectual,
mental, or emotional abilities to equate or to share equally with white men
in any function of our civilization. I have given my life to try to bring
them the advantages which our civilization must offer, but I have become
well aware that we must retain this status: the superior and they the
inferior. For whenever a white man seeks to live among them as their equals
they will either destroy him or devour him. And they will destroy all of his
work. Let white men from anywhere in the world, who would come to Africa,
remember that you must continually retain this status; you the master and
they the inferior like children that you would help or teach. Never
fraternise with them as equals. Never accept them as your social equals or
they will devour you. They will destroy you." -

Dr. Albert Schweitzer, winner of the 1952 Nobel Prize for peace, in his
1961 book, From My African Notebook.

Sixx

Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99

E.Ogilvie-Thompson wrote in message <36c9...@grissom.powerup.com.au>...

Interesting...........if you wrote anything like that now you would be
branded a racist, Nazi..............or even a *one nation supporter*

dar...@my-dejanews.com

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
In article <36c9...@grissom.powerup.com.au>,

"E.Ogilvie-Thompson" <euge...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "I have given my life to try to alleviate the sufferings of Africa. There is
> something that all white men who have lived here like I must learn and know:
> that these individuals are a sub-race. They have neither the intellectual,
> mental, or emotional abilities to equate or to share equally with white men
> in any function of our civilization. I have given my life to try to bring
> them the advantages which our civilization must offer, but I have become
> well aware that we must retain this status: the superior and they the
> inferior. For whenever a white man seeks to live among them as their equals
> they will either destroy him or devour him. And they will destroy all of his
> work. Let white men from anywhere in the world, who would come to Africa,
> remember that you must continually retain this status; you the master and
> they the inferior like children that you would help or teach. Never
> fraternise with them as equals. Never accept them as your social equals or
> they will devour you. They will destroy you." -
> Dr. Albert Schweitzer, winner of the 1952 Nobel Prize for peace, in his
> 1961 book, From My African Notebook.

So, a man who gave most of his life to others, all along viewed them as his
inferiors. How many of those who view others as their equals do nothing for
them at all (or feel that it's not necessary, since they're "your equals",
and *you* are doing fine)? Would *you* rather have your life saved by
someone who thought of you as an inferior lifeform (hmm, how do you know your
own doctor doesn't see you this way?) or would you rather die?

Schweitzer's views are not inconsistent with his time, either. The majority
of white Europeans, Americans and Australians would have agreed. Very, very
few served their fellow human beings as well as Schweitzer. If he was a
white racist, then he was a white racist who left a stable job, in a
comfortable nation, to study for several years to become a doctor, sold up
his possessions, was baulked numerous times by ignorant authorities, and
served decades in Africa as a medical missionary (undoubtedly suffering many
of the local diseases, weather, bad food, and other privations), specifically
in order to benefit black Africans, whom he felt deserved this action on his
behalf. Pick another target.

(source http://www.schweitzerfellowship.org/91text.html )

Darryl.
--
Just my opinion.
This account is a spam-filter; real email d.greensill<AT>sg.qut.edu.au

Mthakati

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
this reminds me of the Tuskeegee Syphlis Experiment (in the south) where
trusted -- well meaning medical professionals infected dozens of black men with
this painful std and held back treating them to see/monitor their lives ebbing
away from them; just to study the effects that syphlis had on various men at
different stages of its destruction of human life.

when this story was produced in a docu-drama several years back; my immediate
thopughts were shaken by the reminder of Sweitzer's conduct in west africa.

and i suppose this sort of genocidial activity and method always justifies the
means . . .

pretty sick if you tell me . . .

Mark

Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99

Mthakati <mtha...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19990219075206...@ng-ce1.aol.com>...

The "pretty sick" comment should more correctly be applied to Mthakati's
post.

It is apparent that he/it has not the slightest idea what Dr Schweitzer did
at Lambarene. The attempt to connect his medical and missionary work to the
Tuskegee Experiment is quite despicable.

Someone else has made passing reference to Dr Schweitzer's achievements and
dedication. Perhaps it might be as well to just summarise briefly what
these were.
He was awarded doctorates of Philosophy, Music, Theology and later he
added to these doctorates in Medicine and Surgery. These last in order to
give up what could have been a glittering career in Europe to become a
medical missionary. He went to Lambarene in 1913 and stayed there, with
breaks for fund raising until 1949. His aim was to serve his fellow man and
to encourage others, by his example, to do likewise.

The main thrust of the medical mission was to combat leprosy. Nowadays this
is not something that holds out too many terrors for us. At the beginning
of this century it was still a word to chill the blood and people who
voluntarily went out to place themselves in contact with sufferers were
considered to be placing themselves at very serious risk of contracting the
disease. In other words it took courage and selfless dedication.

If one had to make a choice of individual worth to humanity between Dr
Schweitzer and the anonymous Mthakati I doubt that there would be any
difficulty.

Mark Richardson

ClockWFT

Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99
>Subject: Re: Dr. Albert Schweitzer a rascist what no?
>From: "Mark " <ma...@iafrica.com>
>Date: 2/19/99 7:56 PM Pacific Standard Time
>

>The "pretty sick" comment should more correctly
>be applied to Mthakati's post.
>
>It is apparent that he/it has not the slightest idea
>what Dr Schweitzer did at Lambarene. The attempt
>to connect his medical and missionary work to the
>Tuskegee Experiment is quite despicable.

Pretty clear that "racist" is the appropriate label for Mthakat's post.

wft

Mthakati

Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99
mr & wft:

yes; we studied schweitzers accomplishments at school but juxtaposed with so
much that has come out and been written about him in the past 15 years or so;
makes one wonder and question just a little . . .

so typical when one fails to comprehend what is actually being said -- jump to
accusations of racism.

care to tell me how you come to this conclusion . . .???

ClockWFT

Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99
>Subject: Re: Dr. Albert Schweitzer a rascist what no?
>From: mtha...@aol.com (Mthakati)
>Date: 2/20/99 5:18 AM Pacific Standard Time
Yep. I applied, with one minor change, two of the basic approaches made popular
with blacks around the world.

In their original form, they are:

1. "If he/she wouldn't have been treated like this if he/she were white!" and
2) "When in doubt, cry 'Racism!'".

wft

Mark

Feb 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/21/99
Mthakati <mtha...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19990220081813...@ng97.aol.com>...

> mr & wft:
>
> yes; we studied schweitzers accomplishments at school but juxtaposed with
so
> much that has come out and been written about him in the past 15 years or
so;
> makes one wonder and question just a little . . .
>
> so typical when one fails to comprehend what is actually being said --
jump to
> accusations of racism.
>
> care to tell me how you come to this conclusion . . .???

I will not respond on the racism accusation since I did not make it. I
simply accused you of making a despicable accusation and suggested that you
knew nothing of what Dr. Schweitzer did.

Care to explain how you came to compare his work to the Tuskegee
Experiment?

Mark Richardson

highbr...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2019, 1:57:45 PM7/25/19
On Tuesday, February 16, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, E.Ogilvie-Thompson wrote:
> "I have given my life to try to alleviate the sufferings of Africa. There is
> something that all white men who have lived here like I must learn and know:
> that these individuals are a sub-race. They have neither the intellectual,
> mental, or emotional abilities to equate or to share equally with white men
> in any function of our civilization. I have given my life to try to bring
> them the advantages which our civilization must offer, but I have become
> well aware that we must retain this status: the superior and they the
> inferior. For whenever a white man seeks to live among them as their equals
> they will either destroy him or devour him. And they will destroy all of his
> work. Let white men from anywhere in the world, who would come to Africa,
> remember that you must continually retain this status; you the master and
> they the inferior like children that you would help or teach. Never
> fraternise with them as equals. Never accept them as your social equals or
> they will devour you. They will destroy you." -
>
> Dr. Albert Schweitzer, winner of the 1952 Nobel Prize for peace, in his
> 1961 book, From My African Notebook.

So true, Blacks are really just violent, dancing monkeys, half devil, half child!
Message has been deleted

Unknown Name

Apr 5, 2022, 1:10:24 PM4/5/22
On Friday, February 19, 1999 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, dar...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> In article <36c9...@grissom.powerup.com.au>,
> "E.Ogilvie-Thompson" <euge...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > "I have given my life to try to alleviate the sufferings of Africa. There is
> > something that all white men who have lived here like I must learn and know:
> > that these individuals are a sub-race. They have neither the intellectual,
> > mental, or emotional abilities to equate or to share equally with white men
> > in any function of our civilization. I have given my life to try to bring
> > them the advantages which our civilization must offer, but I have become
> > well aware that we must retain this status: the superior and they the
> > inferior. For whenever a white man seeks to live among them as their equals
> > they will either destroy him or devour him. And they will destroy all of his
> > work. Let white men from anywhere in the world, who would come to Africa,
> > remember that you must continually retain this status; you the master and
> > they the inferior like children that you would help or teach. Never
> > fraternise with them as equals. Never accept them as your social equals or
> > they will devour you. They will destroy you." -
> > Dr. Albert Schweitzer, winner of the 1952 Nobel Prize for peace, in his
> > 1961 book, From My African Notebook.
> So, a man who gave most of his life to others, all along viewed them as his
> inferiors. How many of those who view others as their equals do nothing for
> them at all (or feel that it's not necessary, since they're "your equals",
> and *you* are doing fine)? Would *you* rather have your life saved by
> someone who thought of you as an inferior lifeform (hmm, how do you know your
> own doctor doesn't see you this way?) or would you rather die?
> Schweitzer's views are not inconsistent with his time, either. The majority
> of white Europeans, Americans and Australians would have agreed. Very, very
> few served their fellow human beings as well as Schweitzer. If he was a
> white racist, then he was a white racist who left a stable job, in a
> comfortable nation, to study for several years to become a doctor, sold up
> his possessions, was baulked numerous times by ignorant authorities, and
> served decades in Africa as a medical missionary (undoubtedly suffering many
> of the local diseases, weather, bad food, and other privations), specifically
> in order to benefit black Africans, whom he felt deserved this action on his
> behalf. Pick another target.
> (source http://www.schweitzerfellowship.org/91text.html )
> Darryl.
> --
> Just my opinion.
> This account is a spam-filter; real email d.greensill<AT>sg.qut.edu.au

I don't think he cared for Africans... I think his "need" to help them were based in self-righteous reasons. If that weren't the case and he actually felt *real* care for these people; then I think he would of left them alone to their own device. Let them work out their own problems... To get directly involved in a society ((that you deem "inferior")) isn't helping them grow in anyway; not in any natural way anyways.

And if the majority of white people on the planet ((back during his time, or now)) believe blacks are inferior; then I would say that they're basing these beliefs on ignorance. There's a lot more to the "soul" than what is measured by 'our' standard IQ tests; that are offered to us by the system... A system that isn't humanity's own, but alien... Which is another thing Albert Schewitzer got wrong; is that humanity ((as a whole)) has never truly known a civilization of their own. A real human civilization is multi-dimensionally aware, connected to nature, resources are infinite, energy is free... There would be no paper money. What we live in today, is an imitation form of a human civilization, but not a real one. https://worldtruthvideos.website/watch/humanity-is-hypnotized-by-a-alien-species-under-a-psychic-frequency-fence_dzuQzTGPqaBLdT3.html