Re: Fox News - Most trusted name in news - poll

0 views
Skip to first unread message
Message has been deleted

HardySpicer

unread,
Jan 27, 2010, 2:14:38 PM1/27/10
to
On Jan 28, 6:36 am, "WhiteWolf! <rayh<spam>@iol.ie>" <r...@iol.ie>
wrote:
> Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a
> new poll out Tuesday.
>
amongst the brain-dead American people..!!LOL

Paul C

unread,
Jan 27, 2010, 3:14:02 PM1/27/10
to
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:14:38 -0800 (PST), HardySpicer
<gyans...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jan 28, 6:36�am, "WhiteWolf! <rayh<spam>@iol.ie>" <r...@iol.ie>
>wrote:
>> Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a
>> new poll out Tuesday.

Or Faux News, as it is known to those who can think for themselves.

Message has been deleted

Paul C

unread,
Jan 27, 2010, 5:32:17 PM1/27/10
to
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:49:13 -0500, "WhiteWolf! <rayh<spam>@iol.ie>"
<ra...@iol.ie> wrote:

>That would be the majority of Americans who watch news then:
>
>Fox News #1 In Primetime Cable Last Week, Tops USA Network

But the majority of Americans voted for Dubya. Doesn't say much for
the majority of Americans.

deem...@aol.com

unread,
Jan 27, 2010, 7:27:52 PM1/27/10
to
> the majority of Americans.-

Well, in 2000, it wasn't even a majority of those who voted. In
2004, it was a majority of those who voted. And you do have to factor
in the opponent.....John F*cking Kerry. That still leaves
millions....who are probably just as dumb as the voters.

Ray O'Hara

unread,
Jan 27, 2010, 8:40:00 PM1/27/10
to

"Paul C" <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote in message
news:alf1m55c47ccvr4n6...@4ax.com...

actually they didn't.
in the first election Gore got more votes and in the 2nd the voting in Ohio
was highly suspect.


HardySpicer

unread,
Jan 27, 2010, 9:36:36 PM1/27/10
to
On Jan 28, 9:14 am, Paul C <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:14:38 -0800 (PST), HardySpicer
>
> <gyansor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Jan 28, 6:36 am, "WhiteWolf! <rayh<spam>@iol.ie>" <r...@iol.ie>
> >wrote:
> >> Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a
> >> new poll out Tuesday.
>
> Or Faux News, as it is known to those who can think for themselves.

Top for retards..

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

The Phantom Piper

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 3:16:52 AM1/28/10
to
On Jan 27, 9:36 am, "WhiteWolf! <rayh<spam>@iol.ie>" <r...@iol.ie>

wrote:
>
> Fox is the most trusted television news network in
> the country, according to a new poll out Tuesday.
>
> What say you now?

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!! NEWSFLASH...

The Headline:

"PEOPLE ARE STUPID!!!!!"


What A Shocker...,

The Phantom Piper

The Phantom Piper

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 3:22:05 AM1/28/10
to
On Jan 27, 2:32 pm, Paul C <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote:
>
> But the majority of Americans voted for Dubya.

Err - _NO_. Not the first time - oh, well, if you mean the
Majority on the Supreme Court, why then yes, by a Vote
of 5-to-4, they did.

As for the second time, yeah: *probably* they did, although
the shenanigans in Ohio were certainly well documented...

> Doesn't say much for the majority of Americans.

They've had over two generations of Intentional Dumbing Down
by the Repuglikkkans Anti-Education Policy Agenda. How
could they *not* be Ignorant?


Spreading CheezWiz™ On My NASCAR™,

The Phantom Piper

HardySpicer

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 3:24:34 AM1/28/10
to
On Jan 28, 3:38 pm, Fred J. McCall <fjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HardySpicer <gyansor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> :On Jan 28, 6:36 am, "WhiteWolf! <rayh<spam>@iol.ie>" <r...@iol.ie>
> :
>
> Yeah, us 'brain-dead American people', who happen to have the world's
> biggest economy, most powerful military, and get the share of the
> Nobel's.
>

Worlds biggest economy no more... Look to the East. china owns
Americas ass.
Powerful military - yes but it has not really been tested by a super
power now has it?
Nobel's - yes the smarter people are good - I fear you are not amongst
their number..


Hardy

Paul C

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 3:49:18 AM1/28/10
to
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 19:38:39 -0700, Fred J. McCall
<fjmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>HardySpicer <gyans...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>:On Jan 28, 6:36�am, "WhiteWolf! <rayh<spam>@iol.ie>" <r...@iol.ie>

>:
>
>Yeah, us 'brain-dead American people', who happen to have the world's
>biggest economy,

But not for long.

>most powerful military,

World's biggest bully boys
>

>and get the share of the
>Nobel's.
>

Nope

Nobel Prize winners per capita
# 1 Iceland: 3.36999 per 1 million people
# 2 Sweden: 3.33259 per 1 million people
# 3 Switzerland: 2.93764 per 1 million people
# 4 Denmark: 2.39323 per 1 million people
# 5 Norway: 1.74178 per 1 million people
# 6 United Kingdom: 1.65451 per 1 million people
# 7 Austria: 1.34392 per 1 million people
# 8 Ireland: 1.24502 per 1 million people
# 9 Germany: 0.934115 per 1 million people
# 10 Netherlands: 0.914244 per 1 million people

USA - nowhere.

deem...@aol.com

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 5:54:23 AM1/28/10
to
On Jan 28, 3:49 am, Paul C <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 19:38:39 -0700, Fred J. McCall
>
> <fjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >HardySpicer <gyansor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >:On Jan 28, 6:36 am, "WhiteWolf! <rayh<spam>@iol.ie>" <r...@iol.ie>
> >:wrote:
> >:> Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a
> >:> new poll out Tuesday.
> >:>
> >:amongst the brain-dead American people..!!LOL
> >:
>
> >Yeah, us 'brain-dead American people', who happen to have the world's
> >biggest economy,
>
> But not for long.

Which doesn't change what he said.

>
> >most powerful military,
>
> World's biggest bully boys

Which doesn't change what he said.

>
>
>
> >and get the share of the
> >Nobel's.
>
> Nope
>
> Nobel Prize winners per capita
> # 1     Iceland:        3.36999 per 1 million people    
> # 2     Sweden:         3.33259 per 1 million people    
> # 3     Switzerland:    2.93764 per 1 million people    
> # 4     Denmark:        2.39323 per 1 million people    
> # 5     Norway:         1.74178 per 1 million people    
> # 6     United Kingdom:         1.65451 per 1 million people    
> # 7     Austria:        1.34392 per 1 million people    
> # 8     Ireland:        1.24502 per 1 million people    
> # 9     Germany:        0.934115 per 1 million people  
> # 10    Netherlands:    0.914244 per 1 million people  
>

Which doesn't change what he said.

0/3...you really aren't very bright, are you?

Mike MacKinnon

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 5:54:46 AM1/28/10
to
On Jan 28, 8:49 am, Paul C <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 19:38:39 -0700, Fred J. McCall
>
> <fjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:

It would even be instructive to find out how many "American" winners
were actually born there!

Mike

deem...@aol.com

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 5:56:29 AM1/28/10
to
On Jan 28, 3:24 am, HardySpicer <gyansor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 28, 3:38 pm, Fred J. McCall <fjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > HardySpicer <gyansor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > :On Jan 28, 6:36 am, "WhiteWolf! <rayh<spam>@iol.ie>" <r...@iol.ie>
> > :wrote:
> > :> Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a
> > :> new poll out Tuesday.
> > :>
> > :amongst the brain-dead American people..!!LOL
> > :
>
> > Yeah, us 'brain-dead American people', who happen to have the world's
> > biggest economy, most powerful military, and get the share of the
> > Nobel's.
>
> Worlds biggest economy no more... Look to the East. china owns
> Americas ass.

They will catch us over the next decade or so...well, if they can
keep the lid on their problems.

> Powerful military - yes but it has not really been tested by a super
> power now has it?

That's a good thing. Unless you want two super-power types to have
a go at it?

> Nobel's - yes the smarter people are good

Like any other nation, I suspect.


jl

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 6:04:52 AM1/28/10
to
In article
<82668633-e1fd-4de2...@21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
Mike MacKinnon <cels...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >
> > >and get the share of the
> > >Nobel's.
> >
> > Nope
> >
> > Nobel Prize winners per capita
> > # 1 Iceland: 3.36999 per 1 million people
> > # 2 Sweden: 3.33259 per 1 million people
> > # 3 Switzerland: 2.93764 per 1 million people
> > # 4 Denmark: 2.39323 per 1 million people
> > # 5 Norway: 1.74178 per 1 million people
> > # 6 United Kingdom: 1.65451 per 1 million people
> > # 7 Austria: 1.34392 per 1 million people
> > # 8 Ireland: 1.24502 per 1 million people
> > # 9 Germany: 0.934115 per 1 million people
> > # 10 Netherlands: 0.914244 per 1 million people
> >
> > USA - nowhere.

> It would even be instructive to find out how many "American" winners
> were actually born there!

Quite a few, I suspect. For a long time now America has supplied the money
and Europe some of the brains.

Jochen

--

------------------------------------
Limavady and the Roe Valley
Roe Valley News Browser
http://www.jochenlueg.freeuk.com

Paul C

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 6:28:42 AM1/28/10
to


Getting on for 25% of "US" winners were born elsewhere.

Westprog

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 7:00:42 AM1/28/10
to
>> Nobel Prize winners per capita
>> # 1 Iceland: 3.36999 per 1 million people
>> # 2 Sweden: 3.33259 per 1 million people
>> # 4 Denmark: 2.39323 per 1 million people
>> # 5 Norway: 1.74178 per 1 million people


Somehow, one can't help thinking that being Scandanavian doesn't hurt your
chances in getting one of those prizes awarded in... where is it again?

--

J/

SOTW: "John Barleycorn/Half English" - The Imagined Village

http://imaginedvillage.com/audiovideo/35/
http://galaxies-sf.monsite.orange.fr/page1.html

deem...@aol.com

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 7:02:32 AM1/28/10
to

Well, that just goes to show some of the world's best and
brightest choose to live and work in the US. That's not a bad thing
from our perspective.

deem...@aol.com

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 7:02:59 AM1/28/10
to
> Mike-

You say that like it's a bad thing.

conwaycaine

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 8:57:08 AM1/28/10
to

"WhiteWolf! <rayh<spam>@iol.ie>" <ra...@iol.ie> wrote in message
news:r4d1m51q0oni59ato...@4ax.com...
>
> Prime-time Average Viewers (Live+SD) Week of January 18-25, 2010
>
> Network (000s)
> FOXN 3,213
> USA 3,194
> DSNY 2,475
> NAN 2,236
> TNT 1,979
> A&E 1,845
> LIFE 1,729
> TBSC 1,597
> HIST 1,541
> FAM 1,442
> HGTV 1,385
> FX 1,329
> TOON 1,326
> ESPN 1,301
> TRU 1,299
> DISC 1,241
> FOOD 1,204
> SYFY 1,163
> TLC 1,141
> MTV 1,140
> AMC 1,030
> HALL 986
> CNN 980
> SPK 966
> NKJR 812

Great Scott, Ray.
BBC-America did not even do well enough to be ranked.
Whatever are we to think??

These uncultured Merks.
;=)


conwaycaine

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 9:05:01 AM1/28/10
to

"Paul C" <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote in message
news:alf1m55c47ccvr4n6...@4ax.com...

> But the majority of Americans voted for Dubya. Doesn't say much for
> the majority of Americans.

Isn't it wonderful, gang, that we have the avuncular yukies always at hand
to guide us benighted colonialists through the process of self government??
I think it might be well if the Brits would legally establish some sort of
governing board to rule on the suitable of our candidates.
Such a body could also advise us on what legislation to pass and what
legislation to reject.
Of course with suitable penalties for infractions.
I even have a name, "Star Chamber"

(Turlough could have written this ever so much better)


conwaycaine

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 9:08:37 AM1/28/10
to

"HardySpicer" <gyans...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:23fa1125-498e-4608...@a17g2000pre.googlegroups.com...

Top for retards..

Oh and once established, let the Brit Board rule on what we Mekrs may read
and watch.
Soon we will all be proper little Brits.


conwaycaine

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 9:10:46 AM1/28/10
to

"HardySpicer" <gyans...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:142c8086-7a50-4c41...@p13g2000pre.googlegroups.com...

On Jan 28, 3:38 pm, Fred J. McCall <fjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:
:
>
> Yeah, us 'brain-dead American people', who happen to have the world's
> biggest economy, most powerful military, and get the share of the
> Nobel's.
>

Worlds biggest economy no more... Look to the East. china owns
Americas ass.

***

Interesting.
How do you propose they collect on that???


Powerful military - yes but it has not really been tested by a super
power now has it?

****

Why bother with that conjecture?
There is but one super power and it ain't Kiwi land.

conwaycaine

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 9:12:39 AM1/28/10
to

"jl" <j...@spamnet.junk> wrote in message news:50e0a8...@spamnet.junk...

> In article
> <82668633-e1fd-4de2...@21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
> Mike MacKinnon <cels...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> >
>> > >and get the share of the
>> > >Nobel's.
>> >
>> > Nope
>> >
>> > Nobel Prize winners per capita
>> > # 1 Iceland: 3.36999 per 1 million people
>> > # 2 Sweden: 3.33259 per 1 million people
>> > # 3 Switzerland: 2.93764 per 1 million people
>> > # 4 Denmark: 2.39323 per 1 million people
>> > # 5 Norway: 1.74178 per 1 million people
>> > # 6 United Kingdom: 1.65451 per 1 million people
>> > # 7 Austria: 1.34392 per 1 million people
>> > # 8 Ireland: 1.24502 per 1 million people
>> > # 9 Germany: 0.934115 per 1 million people
>> > # 10 Netherlands: 0.914244 per 1 million people
>> >
>> > USA - nowhere.
>
>> It would even be instructive to find out how many "American" winners
>> were actually born there!
>
> Quite a few, I suspect. For a long time now America has supplied the money
> and Europe some of the brains.
>
> Jochen

Ah yes.
Hitler's rocket scientists flocking to the US after the "Great Defeat"


Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Paul C

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 9:38:04 AM1/28/10
to

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the
American public". Henry Mencken

Paul C

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 9:45:33 AM1/28/10
to
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 07:33:18 -0700, Fred J. McCall
<fjmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Paul C <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote:
>
>:On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 19:38:39 -0700, Fred J. McCall


>:<fjmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>:
>:>HardySpicer <gyans...@gmail.com> wrote:
>:>
>:>:On Jan 28, 6:36�am, "WhiteWolf! <rayh<spam>@iol.ie>" <r...@iol.ie>
>:>:wrote:
>:>:> Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a
>:>:> new poll out Tuesday.
>:>:>
>:>:amongst the brain-dead American people..!!LOL
>:>:
>:>
>:>Yeah, us 'brain-dead American people', who happen to have the world's
>:>biggest economy,
>:
>:But not for long.

>:
>
><yawn>
>
>:>most powerful military,

>:
>:World's biggest bully boys
>

>How's your German?
>
>:
>:>
>:>and get the share of the


>:>Nobel's.
>:>
>:Nope
>:
>:Nobel Prize winners per capita
>:# 1 Iceland: 3.36999 per 1 million people
>:# 2 Sweden: 3.33259 per 1 million people
>:# 3 Switzerland: 2.93764 per 1 million people
>:# 4 Denmark: 2.39323 per 1 million people
>:# 5 Norway: 1.74178 per 1 million people
>:# 6 United Kingdom: 1.65451 per 1 million people
>:# 7 Austria: 1.34392 per 1 million people
>:# 8 Ireland: 1.24502 per 1 million people
>:# 9 Germany: 0.934115 per 1 million people
>:# 10 Netherlands: 0.914244 per 1 million people
>:
>:USA - nowhere.

>:
>

>Willard S. Boyle, born in Canada, Physics, 2009
>Elizabeth Blackburn, born in Australia, Physiology or Medicine, 2009
>Jack W. Szostak, born in United Kingdom, Physiology or Medicine, 2009
>Osamu Shimomura, born in Japan, Chemistry, 2008
>Yoichiro Nambu, born in Japan, Physics, 2008
>Leonid Hurwicz, born in Russia, Economics, 2007
>Mario R. Capecchi, born in Italy, Physiology or Medicine, 2007
>Oliver Smithies, born in United Kingdom, Physiology or Medicine, 2007
>Robert Aumann, born in Germany, Economics, 2005
>Anthony J. Leggett, born in United Kingdom, Physics, 2003
>Paul C. Lauterbur, Physiology or Medicine, 2003
>Alexei A. Abrikosov, born in Russia, Physics, 2003
>Daniel Kahneman, born in Israel, Economics, 2002
>Riccardo Giacconi, born in Italy, Physics, 2002
>Sydney Brenner, born in South Africa, Physiology or Medicine, 2002
>Alan MacDiarmid, born in New Zealand, Chemistry, 2000
>Eric R. Kandel, born in Austria, Physiology or Medicine, 2000
>Ahmed H. Zewail, born in Egypt, Chemistry, 1999
>G�nter Blobel, born in Germany, Physiology or Medicine, 1999
>Walter Kohn, born in Austria, Chemistry, 1998
>Daniel C. Tsui, born in China, Physics, 1998
>Myron Scholes, born in Canada, Economics, 1997
>William Vickrey, born in Canada, Economics, 1996
>Mario J. Molina, born in Mexico, Chemistry, 1995
>George Andrew Olah, born in Hungary, Chemistry, 1994
>John Charles Harsanyi, born in Hungary, Economics, 1994
>Edmond H. Fischer, born in China, Physiology or Medicine, 1992
>Sidney Altman, born in Canada, Chemistry, 1989
>Hans G. Dehmelt, born in Germany, Physics, 1989
>Jack Steinberger, born in Germany, Physics, 1988
>Charles J. Pedersen, born in Korea, Chemistry, 1987
>Joseph Brodsky, born in Russia, Literature, 1987
>Yuan T. Lee, born in Taiwan, Chemistry, 1986
>Elie Wiesel, born in Romania, Peace, 1986
>Rita Levi-Montalcini, born in Italy, Physiology or Medicine, 1986
>Franco Modigliani, born in Italy, Economics, 1985
>Henry Taube, born in Canada, Chemistry, 1983
>Gerard Debreu, born in France, Economics, 1983
>Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar, born in India, Physics, 1983
>Roald Hoffmann, born in Poland, Chemistry, 1981
>Nicolaas Bloembergen, born in the Netherlands, Physics, 1981
>David H. Hubel, born in Canada, Physiology or Medicine, 1981
>Czeslaw Milosz, born in then Russian Empire, now Lithuania,
>Literature, 1980
>Baruj Benacerraf, born in Venezuela, Physiology or Medicine, 1980
>Allan M. Cormack, born in South Africa, Physiology or Medicine, 1979
>Isaac Bashevis Singer, born in Poland, Literature, 1978
>Arno Penzias, born in Germany, Physics, 1978
>Roger Guillemin, born in France, Physiology or Medicine, 1977
>Andrzej W. Schally, born in Poland, Physiology or Medicine, 1977
>Saul Bellow, born in Canada, Literature, 1976
>Tjalling C. Koopmans, born in the Netherlands, Economics, 1975
>Renato Dulbecco, born in Italy, Physiology or Medicine, 1975
>George E. Palade, born in Romania, Physiology or Medicine, 1974
>Wassily Leontief, born in Germany, Economics, 1973
>Henry Kissinger, born in Germany, Peace, 1973
>Simon Kuznets, born in then Russia, now Belarus, Economics, 1971
>Max Delbr�ck, born in Germany, Physiology or Medicine, 1969
>Salvador Luria, born in Italy, Physiology or Medicine, 1969
>Lars Onsager, born in Norway, Chemistry, 1968
>Har Gobind Khorana, born in India, Physiology or Medicine, 1968
>Hans Bethe, born in Germany, Physics, 1967
>Charles B. Huggins, born in Canada, Physiology or Medicine, 1966
>Konrad Bloch, born in Germany, Physiology or Medicine, 1964
>Maria Goeppert-Mayer, born in Germany, Physics, 1963
>Eugene Wigner, born in Hungary, Physics, 1963
>Georg von B�k�sy, born in Hungary, Physiology or Medicine, 1961
>Emilio Segr�, born in Italy, Physics, 1959
>Severo Ochoa, born in Spain, Physiology or Medicine, 1959
>Chen Ning Yang, born in China, Physics, 1957
>Tsung-Dao Lee, born in China, Physics, 1957
>Andr� F. Cournand, France, Physiology or Medicine, 1956
>Polykarp Kusch, born in Germany, Physics, 1955
>Fritz Lipmann, born in then Germany, now Russia, Physiology or
>Medicine, 1953
>Felix Bloch, born in Switzerland, Physics, 1952
>Selman A. Waksman, born in then Russian Empire, now Ukraine,
>Physiology or Medicine, 1952
>William Giauque, born in Canada, Chemistry, 1949
>Carl Cori, born in Austria, Physiology or Medicine, 1947
>Gerty Cori, born in Austria, Physiology or Medicine, 1947
>Isidor Isaac Rabi, born in Austria, Physics, 1944
>Otto Stern, born in Germany, Physics, 1943
>Albert A. Michelson, born in Germany, Physics, 1907

LOL!!

deem...@aol.com

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 9:49:01 AM1/28/10
to
On Jan 28, 9:38 am, Paul C <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 08:57:08 -0500, "conwaycaine"
>
>
>
>
>
> <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> >"WhiteWolf! <rayh<spam>@iol.ie>" <r...@iol.ie> wrote in message
> American public". Henry Mencken-

"Nobody...." Jeez, if yer gonna make fun of us, at least get it
right. Besides, I'm pretty sure that would apply to just about any
"public".

Paul C

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 10:01:30 AM1/28/10
to

For anyone who doesn't know the meaning of pedantry, that was an
example.

deem...@aol.com

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 10:12:53 AM1/28/10
to
On Jan 28, 10:01 am, Paul C <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 06:49:01 -0800 (PST), "deemsb...@aol.com"
> example.-

Lighten up, Francis...it was a joke.

Paul C

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 10:48:40 AM1/28/10
to
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 07:12:53 -0800 (PST), "deem...@aol.com"
<deem...@aol.com> wrote:

>> >> "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the
>> >> American public". Henry Mencken-
>>
>> > � "Nobody...." Jeez, if yer gonna make fun of us, at least get it
>> >right.
>>
>> For anyone who doesn't know the meaning of pedantry, that was an
>> example.-
>
> Lighten up, Francis...it was a joke.

So was that, Dee.

Message has been deleted

deem...@aol.com

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 12:00:51 PM1/28/10
to
On Jan 28, 10:48 am, Paul C <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 07:12:53 -0800 (PST), "deemsb...@aol.com"

>
> <deemsb...@aol.com> wrote:
> >> >> "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the
> >> >> American public". Henry Mencken-
>
> >> >   "Nobody...." Jeez, if yer gonna make fun of us, at least get it
> >> >right.
>
> >> For anyone who doesn't know the meaning of pedantry, that was an
> >> example.-
>
> >     Lighten up, Francis...it was a joke.
>
> So was that, Dee.

We're doing so well here!

The Phantom Piper

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 1:44:04 PM1/28/10
to
On Jan 28, 6:25 am, Fred J. McCall <fjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Gee, didn't YOU go to school here?

When I arrived here I was at least _five grades_
above the US classmates my same age - and
this was *well before* Ronald Reagan tried to
abolish the relatively newly-split-off Department
Of Education. Over a decade and a half, in fact.

My experience wasn't in any way unusual: kids
from Europe *routinely* place 2-5 grades ahead
of their US counterparts when transferring to the
states. It's shocking and embarrassing - (and it
does a disservice to the new American Transplants
not to provide them with a level of education at least
*close* to what they were used to...

As usual, you're a transparent Knee Jerk jingoist
who believes in "America Right *OR* Wrong" and
you couldn't care less how Wrong it is.

You'd rather rattle the sabre and shout than try to
fix the many problems with the American Ideal, as
it has been dragged down into the muck by you
Regressives over the decades. You are _NOT_ a
Patriot in any meaningful sense of the word: you
are *part* of The Problem. With pinheads like you
around, and the Überpinheads you elect to office,
Osama Bin Laden need not lift a finger: he has only
to wait long enough and your lot will finish destroying
America thoroughly on your own.


FOR GOD'S SAKE: _GO_!,

The Phantom Piper

HardySpicer

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 2:24:25 PM1/28/10
to
On Jan 28, 11:54 pm, "deemsb...@aol.com" <deemsb...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jan 28, 3:49 am, Paul C <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 19:38:39 -0700, Fred J. McCall
>
> > <fjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >HardySpicer <gyansor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >:On Jan 28, 6:36 am, "WhiteWolf! <rayh<spam>@iol.ie>" <r...@iol.ie>
> > >:wrote:

> > >:> Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a
> > >:> new poll out Tuesday.
> > >:>
> > >:amongst the brain-dead American people..!!LOL
> > >:
>
> > >Yeah, us 'brain-dead American people', who happen to have the world's
> > >biggest economy,
>
> > But not for long.
>
>    Which doesn't change what he said.

>
>
>
> > >most powerful military,
>
> > World's biggest bully boys
>
>   Which doesn't change what he said.

>
>
>
>
>
> > >and get the share of the
> > >Nobel's.
>
> > Nope
>
> > Nobel Prize winners per capita
> > # 1     Iceland:        3.36999 per 1 million people    
> > # 2     Sweden:         3.33259 per 1 million people    
> > # 3     Switzerland:    2.93764 per 1 million people    
> > # 4     Denmark:        2.39323 per 1 million people    
> > # 5     Norway:         1.74178 per 1 million people    
> > # 6     United Kingdom:         1.65451 per 1 million people    
> > # 7     Austria:        1.34392 per 1 million people    
> > # 8     Ireland:        1.24502 per 1 million people    
> > # 9     Germany:        0.934115 per 1 million people  
> > # 10    Netherlands:    0.914244 per 1 million people  
>
>     Which doesn't change what he said.
>
>    0/3...you really aren't very bright, are you?

Nothing to be proud of though is it? Most of us think that having the
worlds biggest millitary machine is a bad sign.
If it was Sadaam or North Korea you would have been jumping up and
down. I wouldn't boast about it. If you want to boast about something
then maybe NASA - they have a good name and are american.

Hardy

HardySpicer

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 2:27:47 PM1/28/10
to
On Jan 29, 3:10 am, "conwaycaine" <conwayca...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "HardySpicer" <gyansor...@gmail.com> wrote in message

We don't pride ourselves in military might. We don't see it as an
essential part of life.
If you leave people alone they normally leave you in peace. There are
a few exceptions of course but you don't need to make your main
economy out of war like the US does.


Hardy

deem...@aol.com

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 4:35:34 PM1/28/10
to
> Hardy-


Who was boasting? There were some facts stated which you disputed.
I just pointed out you were wrong. That you want to read something
into it is par for the course.

deem...@aol.com

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 4:36:29 PM1/28/10
to
> Hardy-

It also helps to be out in the middle of nowhere.

HardySpicer

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 5:14:21 PM1/28/10
to

Come on. It's not like the whole planet is desperate to invade the US.
It's one of the last places on earth I would go near.
It has its good points for sure but the trouble with Americans is that
they are too closeted - too cut off from international feeling that
they have delusions of grandeur. The truth is that the Yanks have not
been tested against a real foe. Take on Europe and see how far you
get. You will have a French nuke up your arse before you can say
'voila"! If the Yanks minde their own business like they used to (pre
WWII) then we would respect them more.
As it stands their previous leaders have supported fascist dictators
in South America and other countries. Not a good show. Then they get
into bed with Pakistan and Saudi. Saudi has one of the worst human
rights on the planet and the US are sucking right up to them so they
have exclusive rights to oil for their millitary machine.
The reality of the US is that it is going downhill fast. It's one
great electronics industry is run mainly by Indian and Bangladeshi
imports and other foreigners. It's so bad that NASA has to ship out a
lot of its stuff abroad to get designed. NASA had to run a comptetion
for schools to get Yanks at school interested in engineering.
Now in the past the Americans achieved some great things - landed on
the moon (yes I know it was a german who did it all) and made great
technological breakthroughs. To be known for the Ipad and a great war
machine doesn't do much for me. The TV is even crap. If only Bin Laden
knew he would leave you guys well alone and do something useful.


Hardy

deem...@aol.com

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 5:53:15 PM1/28/10
to
> Hardy-

Here's a hint: We don't give a shit what you think. You are some
little pissant typing away in some little pissant country. Call again
when you matter.

Paul C

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 6:38:09 PM1/28/10
to


Spoken like the true Septic the rest of the world knows and loves.

HardySpicer

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 6:51:17 PM1/28/10
to

That's just it though - nobody matters to Uncle Sam except itself.
live in your dream world.

QED

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

HardySpicer

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 9:38:39 PM1/28/10
to
On Jan 29, 3:27 pm, Fred J. McCall <fjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "deemsb...@aol.com" <deemsb...@aol.com> wrote:
> :
>
> And able to hide behind the local 'Big Power'.  Remove Australia and
> New Zealand would be New Malaysia...
>
> --
What do you mean by that? In terms of what? Economy,religion? -
strange thing to say. Malaysia is doing all right in many areas - not
as good as Singapore I would say. Australia and NZ have separate
governments, we don't rely on Ozz though they are are a friendly
nation. Do you know Malaysia spends millions of dollars on education
in all the right areas. It is a very well equipped country. They have
many of the worlds biggest companies there.
I don't think NZ can compete with Malaysia at present. We are behind
them, so for us to become like them would be a step up!! Nz is mostly
agriculture based industries with a few specialist companies here and
there making GPS systems and electric fencers!
What holds Malaysia it back is religion.


Hardy

Message has been deleted

deem...@aol.com

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 10:43:58 PM1/28/10
to
> QED-

Nobody else really matters to any other nation, either.
Nations...governments...are not altruistic entities. You're the one in
a dream world if you believe anything else.

deem...@aol.com

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 10:44:51 PM1/28/10
to
On Jan 28, 6:38 pm, Paul C <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 14:53:15 -0800 (PST), "deemsb...@aol.com"

Awww, poor little baby.

HardySpicer

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 1:11:17 AM1/29/10
to
On Jan 29, 4:28 pm, Fred J. McCall <fjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HardySpicer <gyansor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> :
>
> In terms of Malaysian troops occupying you.
>
> :
> :Australia and NZ have separate

> :governments, we don't rely on Ozz though they are are a friendly
> :nation.
> :
>
> Well, yeah, you do, the same way that Canada relies on being right
> next door to the United States.
>
I don't think many countries have any quarel with Canada. Wouldn't
matter if they stood alone.
Name one country that is anti-Canada?


Hardy

HardySpicer

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 1:14:06 AM1/29/10
to

That's not true and recently the US is showing a batter side by
helping out in the earthquake in Haiti.
That is a very republican way of looking at the world - fuck everybody
else as long as we are ok style politics.
These things cut both ways and altruism apart you never know when you
may need help yourself. Once the US is a pile of radioactive dust you
may find some do-gooders from Canada sweeping up the mess...

Hardy

EX_OWM

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 3:02:48 AM1/29/10
to
That tells us something about the people who trust an organisation that went
to court to prove that they have no obligation to tell
the truth.

http://www.projectcensored.org/top-stories/articles/11-the-media-can-legally-lie/

<quote>
During their appeal, FOX asserted that there are no written rules against
distorting news in the media. They argued that, under the First Amendment,
broadcasters have the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on
public airwaves. Fox attorneys did not dispute Akre's claim that they
pressured her to broadcast a false story, they simply maintained that it was
their right to do so. After the appeal verdict WTVT general manager Bob
Linger commented, "It's vindication for WTVT, and we're very pleased. It's
the case we've been making for two years. She never had a legal claim."
</quote>


Paul C

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 3:43:14 AM1/29/10
to
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 20:28:39 -0700, Fred J. McCall
<fjmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>HardySpicer <gyans...@gmail.com> wrote:

>:
>
>In terms of Malaysian troops occupying you.
>
>:

>:Australia and NZ have separate


>:governments, we don't rely on Ozz though they are are a friendly
>:nation.

>:
>
>Well, yeah, you do, the same way that Canada relies on being right
>next door to the United States.


Who do you reckon the US is protecting Canada from, freddy?

Paul C

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 3:45:07 AM1/29/10
to
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 19:21:19 -0700, Fred J. McCall
<fjmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>HardySpicer <gyans...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>:
>:Nothing to be proud of though is it? Most of us think that having the


>:worlds biggest millitary machine is a bad sign.

>:
>
>Well, most of you apparently don't think, to judge by you. Nobody
>said it was the BIGGEST military (because it isn't). It's just the
>most powerful.

So powerful it couldn't win in Vietnam. So powerful it can't win in
Afghanistan.

jl

unread,
Jan 28, 2010, 6:09:08 PM1/28/10
to
In article <hjru9m$kvf$1...@news.datemas.de>, Westprog

<west...@hottmail.com> wrote:
> >> Nobel Prize winners per capita # 1 Iceland: 3.36999 per 1 million
> >> people # 2 Sweden: 3.33259 per 1 million people # 4 Denmark: 2.39323

> >> per 1 million people # 5 Norway: 1.74178 per 1 million people


> Somehow, one can't help thinking that being Scandanavian doesn't hurt
> your chances in getting one of those prizes awarded in... where is it
> again?

This is not exactly dynamite - it's just natural behaviour.

Jochen

--

------------------------------------
Limavady and the Roe Valley
Roe Valley News Browser
http://www.jochenlueg.freeuk.com

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Paul Carr

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 5:29:06 AM1/29/10
to
HardySpicer wrote:
> On Jan 29, 3:27 pm, Fred J. McCall <fjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "deemsb...@aol.com" <deemsb...@aol.com> wrote:

<snip>

>>> It also helps to be out in the middle of nowhere.
>>>
>>
>> And able to hide behind the local 'Big Power'. Remove Australia and
>> New Zealand would be New Malaysia...
>>
>> --
> What do you mean by that? In terms of what? Economy,religion? -
> strange thing to say. Malaysia is doing all right in many areas - not
> as good as Singapore I would say. Australia and NZ have separate
> governments, we don't rely on Ozz though they are are a friendly
> nation. Do you know Malaysia spends millions of dollars on education
> in all the right areas. It is a very well equipped country. They have
> many of the worlds biggest companies there.

According to an article I read yesterday in the South China Morning Post;

http://www.scmp.com/portal/site/SCMP/menuitem.2af62ecb329d3d7733492d9253a0a0a0/?vgnextoid=5f203320fbf66210VgnVCM100000360a0a0aRCRD&ss=Asia+%26+World&s=News

http://tinyurl.com/ylob9al

In Malaysia, "Foreign investors withdrew US$35 billion between the second
quarter of 2008 and the second quarter of last year."

> I don't think NZ can compete with Malaysia at present. We are behind
> them, so for us to become like them would be a step up!! Nz is mostly
> agriculture based industries with a few specialist companies here and
> there making GPS systems and electric fencers!
> What holds Malaysia it back is religion.


You're right.


Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

HardySpicer

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 5:36:01 AM1/29/10
to
On Jan 29, 9:45 pm, Paul C <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 19:21:19 -0700, Fred J. McCall
>
> <fjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >HardySpicer <gyansor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >:
> >:Nothing to be proud of though is it? Most of us think that having the
> >:worlds biggest millitary machine is a bad sign.
> >:
>
> >Well, most of you apparently don't think, to judge by you.  Nobody
> >said it was the BIGGEST military (because it isn't).  It's just the
> >most powerful.
>
> So powerful it couldn't win in Vietnam. So powerful it can't win in
> Afghanistan.

You took the words from my mouth. We are told they are the world
superpower and they cannot catch a nigger in a cave.
Jesus...what an outfit.


Hardy

HardySpicer

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 5:36:47 AM1/29/10
to
On Jan 29, 11:09 pm, Fred J. McCall <fjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HardySpicer <gyansor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> :
>
> Canada has nothing that anyone else wants?  Why do they have a
> military at all, then?
>
Didn't know they did..

Paul C

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 5:37:34 AM1/29/10
to
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 03:33:09 -0700, Fred J. McCall
<fjmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Paul C <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote:
>
>:On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 19:21:19 -0700, Fred J. McCall

>:
>
>Just a bit ahead of yourself, aren't you?

No. I think the US Army left Vietnam with its tail between its legs
quite a few years ago, freddy.

Paul C

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 5:38:38 AM1/29/10
to
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 03:31:58 -0700, Fred J. McCall
<fjmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Paul C <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote:
>
>:On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 20:28:39 -0700, Fred J. McCall

>:
>
>Is Canada really such a pathetic place that there's nothing there
>anyone would want, Paulie?
>
>Why does Canada have a military at all, do you think?

No answer to my question, I see.

I'll ask again. Who is the US protecting Canada from?

Paul C

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 5:39:57 AM1/29/10
to
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 03:09:53 -0700, Fred J. McCall
<fjmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>HardySpicer <gyans...@gmail.com> wrote:

>:
>
>Canada has nothing that anyone else wants? Why do they have a
>military at all, then?

To keep the Yankee imperialists on their borders at bay. It's pretty
obvious, freddy.

HardySpicer

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 5:46:48 AM1/29/10
to
On Jan 29, 11:33 pm, Fred J. McCall <fjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Paul C <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote:
>
> :On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 19:21:19 -0700, Fred J. McCall:<fjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>
> ::>HardySpicer <gyansor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> :>
> :>:
> :>:Nothing to be proud of though is it? Most of us think that having the
> :>:worlds biggest millitary machine is a bad sign.
> :>:
> :>
> :>Well, most of you apparently don't think, to judge by you.  Nobody
> :>said it was the BIGGEST military (because it isn't).  It's just the
> :>most powerful.
> :
> :So powerful it couldn't win in Vietnam. So powerful it can't win in
> :Afghanistan.
> :
>
> Just a bit ahead of yourself, aren't you?
>
> --
When you watch Fox it can be entertaining I will admit (the News).
You don't actually get much news, just "preaching" by far right
commentators.
They speak so much bullshit that I can be in stitches. Trouble is that
a good many USasians are redneck hicks and believe that sort of shit.
I defend their right to free speech but let's not call it
news...propoganda maybe. o'Reilly is one of the worst offenders who
just makes and twists things as he goes along. They even defend
religion (Xtian that is) - they would be fine in Victorian England I
think with the rich classes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IwIRNM5noY

Hardy

HardySpicer

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 5:50:01 AM1/29/10
to
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Paul C

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 6:45:29 AM1/29/10
to
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 04:34:13 -0700, Fred J. McCall
<fjmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>:>:So powerful it couldn't win in Vietnam. So powerful it can't win in

>:>:Afghanistan.
>:>:
>:>
>:>Just a bit ahead of yourself, aren't you?
>:
>:No. I think the US Army left Vietnam with its tail between its legs
>:quite a few years ago, freddy.
>:
>
>And so we see a prime example of Paulie's reading ability...

And freddy's inability to snip so that his posts convey the meaning he
perhaps intended.

Paul C

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 6:46:08 AM1/29/10
to
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 04:38:42 -0700, Fred J. McCall
<fjmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>HardySpicer <gyans...@gmail.com> wrote:


>
>:On Jan 29, 11:33�pm, Fred J. McCall <fjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>:
>:
>:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI4e1FvZLBk&feature=channel

>:
>
>And so we see where Hardly Sapient gets all his information - YouTube!


Another fine non sequitur from feeble freddy.

Paul C

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 6:48:35 AM1/29/10
to
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 04:35:24 -0700, Fred J. McCall
<fjmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Paul C <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote:
>
>:On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 03:31:58 -0700, Fred J. McCall

>:
>
>No answer to my questions, I see.
>
>I'll ask again. Is Canada really such a pathetic place that there's


>nothing there anyone would want, Paulie?
>
>Why does Canada have a military at all, do you think?
>

>Wriggle, wriggle, Paulie-worm....

Strike two!

Feeble freddy is still incapable of answering the original question.

Your question has already been answered by me.

For a third time feeble freddy, who is the US protecting Canada from?
Saddam and his WMDs?

Paul C

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 6:50:07 AM1/29/10
to
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 04:36:15 -0700, Fred J. McCall
<fjmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Paul C <pa...@omne.uk.net> wrote:
>
>:On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 03:09:53 -0700, Fred J. McCall

>:
>
>Hardly large enough or strong enough for that, especially considering
>where they get a lot of their military hardware from.

The Afghans with three donkeys and a camel don't seem to have much of
a problem keeping the mighty US at bay.

Westprog

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 7:21:52 AM1/29/10
to
jl wrote:
> In article <hjru9m$kvf$1...@news.datemas.de>, Westprog
> <west...@hottmail.com> wrote:
>>>> Nobel Prize winners per capita # 1 Iceland: 3.36999 per 1 million
>>>> people # 2 Sweden: 3.33259 per 1 million people # 4 Denmark:
>>>> 2.39323 per 1 million people # 5 Norway: 1.74178 per 1 million
>>>> people

>> Somehow, one can't help thinking that being Scandanavian doesn't hurt
>> your chances in getting one of those prizes awarded in... where is it
>> again?

> This is not exactly dynamite - it's just natural behaviour.

And shows the danger of using awards chosen by a particular group of people
as demonstrating the superior qualities of the /exact same/ group of people.
Gee, wonder which country will do best at the Oscars this year?

--

J/

SOTW: "Ataypura" - Yma Sumac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad_XL_mNNP8&feature=PlayList&p=7F53D35F2D8E18F2&index=12
http://galaxies-sf.monsite.orange.fr/page1.html

Paul Carr

unread,
Jan 29, 2010, 7:30:29 AM1/29/10
to
HardySpicer wrote:
> On Jan 29, 11:33 pm, Fred J. McCall <fjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>