Special Characters

Mark Yerbury-Hodgson

Mar 17, 1995, 1:52:12 AM3/17/95
I want to view and print all the Romanian character set
including (a as in Rom*a*nian,the a with the curvy
accent,the accented i and the s and t characters with
cedilla accents). Does anyone know if this is possible in
windows or whether there are any fonts available to do
this.
Thanks
Mark

Alb.NONYMOUS

Mar 20, 1995, 8:07:11 PM3/20/95
How do you get the typical Romanian fonts: tz, sh, i^, a~, a^, etc, for the
Macintosh?

--
A.Nonymous

WMcph

Mar 21, 1995, 10:55:43 AM3/21/95
Cassady & Greene has an Eastern European Font Library. Their telephone is
1-800-359-4920. I think it costs about 100 dollars. It works fine.

Cosmin Corbea

Mar 21, 1995, 6:48:01 PM3/21/95
Microsoft sells a version of Windows named "Windows for Eastern Europe". It
includes all romanian diacritic characters and has a keyboard driver for
romanian. (Too bad it's a variation of the German QWERTZ one). It allows the
use of all specific characters in most programs. The kit also includes DOS
drivers for keyboard and display which allow DOS users to display and input
romanian (and also polish, hungarian etc.) specific characters.
Cos
cos...@icebox.iceonline.com

ZODIAN ANDREI

Mar 22, 1995, 1:37:22 PM3/22/95
In article <D5tE5...@iceonline.com>,

I think DOS 6.22 (basic version, no frills) now includes keyboard drivers
for Romania as well.
--
_ _ _ | Andrei Zodian | "In fact, nothing is
/_\ _ _ __| |_ _ ___(_) | University of Toronto | said that has not

David M. Stevenson

Mar 25, 1995, 4:42:43 PM3/25/95
In <3kmstv$r...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> wm...@aol.com (WMcph) writes:

If you can provide the windows ANSI placements for the Romanian
character set I can make a freeware truetype font and send it off
to an ftp site of uuencode it to whoever wants it. I have experience
in creating and designing fonts.

I will be in Romania next month and am taking a few computers to donate
to students. A Romanian font would be helpful to them as well.

David

David M. Stevenson da...@dms.muc.de Heaven is Freeware.
Erich-Kaestner-Weg 4 CIS: 100042,1312 Download it today!
85716 Unterschleissheim, Germany Eph. 2:8+9