Has NE1 seen this? Re: *** Hungarian Lobby Digest *** V1 #141

ZODIAN ANDREI

Jun 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/4/96

I just stumbled upon this baby in soc.culture.magyar. When R we gonna C
a Romanian Lobby (or at least a corridor :^) )?

In article <4ot3g2$e...@mineral.umd.edu>,
Hungarian Lobby <h...@glue.umd.edu> wrote:

>*** Hungarian Lobby Digest *** Sun, 2 Jun 1996 Vol 01 No 141

> Greetings from the Hungarian Lobby
>subs/unsubs info : hl-re...@Glue.umd.edu
>digest info : hl-diges...@Glue.umd.edu
>Majordomo : majo...@Glue.umd.edu
>send articles to : h...@Glue.umd.edu
>human contact : owne...@Glue.umd.edu
>www : http://mineral.umd.edu/hl/
>directory: : http://mineral.umd.edu/hir/
>Anonymous ftp : ftp://mineral.umd.edu/pub/hl/archive/
>
>In this issue:
>--------------
>
> HL: Danube: J.P.Morgan
> HL: Romania's MFN
> HL: Response to Mrs. Mr. Becker about securitate
> [none]
> HL: Re: No Subject
>
>See the end of the digest for information on subscribing to the Hungarian Lobby
>or Hungarian Lobby Digest mailing lists and on how to retrieve back issues.

>From: Mih...@aol.com
>Date: Sat, 1 Jun 1996 23:45:13 -0400
>Subject: HL: Danube: J.P.Morgan
>
>From: Mihály Tapolyai, MD June 1, 1996
> Mih...@aol.com
>
>To: Sandy Warner, Chairperson
> J.P. Morgan & Co. Inc.
> 60 Wall Street
> New York, NY 10260-0060
> Fax: 212-648-5210
>
>Dear Chairman Warner,
>
>I would like to ask you not to sponsor or finance the rerouting of the Danube
>
>river and the completion of the dam near Gabcikovo that the Slovak Government
>
>asked you to finance!
>
>This is a project that is both immoral and illegal. It is immoral because it
>would be
>a major environmental disaster to destroy the fragile environment, called
>Szigetköz
>with its unique ecology and to replace this wetland with a cement trough.
>
>It is also an illegal project because it involves a major point of contention
>between
>neighboring Hungary who will lose territory to Slovakia based on the
>unilateral
>Slovak decision to so proceed despite of Hungary's clear objections.
>Slovakia,
>however, seems unwilling to heed these objections. Hungary has agreed to a
>peaceful resolution of this project by Slovakia through the International
>Court of
>Justice, under the conditions, that the temporary diversion is not finalized
>in the
>meantime. ICJ has scheduled this lawsuit to start in February, 1997.
>
>I would like to ask you not to finance such an act of violence against the
>environment and Hungary!
>

>Yours sincerely,
>

> Mihály Tapolyai, MD
> (Mayo Clinic Jacksonville)
>

>====== The following has been added by the mailer software =======
>Digest: Send a mail to majo...@glue.umd.edu, in the body write
>
>unsubscribe hl
>subscribe hl-digest

> [...]
_ _ _ |Andrei Zodian |"In fact, nothing is
/_\ _ _ __| |_ _ ___(_) |University of Toronto |being said that has not
/ _ \| ' \/ _` | '_/ -_) | |zod...@ecf.toronto.edu |been said B4" Terence,
/_/ \_\_||_\__,_|_| \___|_| |http://www.ecf.toronto.edu/~zodian | 190-159 BC