We owe it to them

Javed Iqbal Kaleem

Jan 27, 2008, 5:29:45 AM1/27/08
Since our education standards, especially religious education are
poor, we do not know our basic responsibilities. If we read Quran we
will find the necessity of helping the poor and the needy,mentioned
hundreds of times, second only to prayers. It is our responsibility to
seek the needy.I read the incident of the days of Hazrat Umar, the 2nd
caliph. People were so prosperous those days that when somebody
wanted to pay zakat or sadqah, he wont find a needy person. One person
started in the morning and till late night searched everywhere to find
a person to whom he could pay his zakat, but could not find one. At
long last, he thought he must go towards the outskirts of the city, so
that he may find a traveller who was in need of help.

He was wandering on the outskirts of Madinah, when he saw a man. He
rushed to him and said:"Brother, may Allah have mercy on you, this is
a small amount, use it for your needs. He said:"Oh no!. I have been
searching for someone to whom I could give some sadqah and I was
happy to see you!"

Not that we do not feel the need to pay zakat and alms, but just give
away a small amount or some coins to a beggar and think that we have
fulfilled our responsibility. The Qurans teaches us to give whatever
remains. Meaning that if I make 20,000 Rs. a month and find that
living moderately, I can do in 15,000 Rs., I should give away Rs 5000
in alms to an ACTUAL NEEDY person. That is the ressponsibility to find
the real needy person is ours.

Only today, I have read in 'Jang', that two youth robbed a beggar of
his day's income. It shows
at one hand the destitution of people for want of gainful employment
and at the other, depicts
negligence of our people, who pay to beggers who are professional and
already make lot of money, using even mobile phones, but are
negligent towards their responsibility of taking care
of the needy. Our beloved prophet SAW has said : By God he is not a
Momin, he is not a Momin, he is not a momin who eats to the
satisfaction of his hunger, but leaves his brother
in the neighbourhood, hungary.

Modern town planning has made it impossible to find a needy person in
the vicinity of an affluent locality. Therefore we should come out of
our comfortable
homes, missing one or two TV programs and find the really needy people
and pay them enough to free them from hunger for some time.

The cost of living is rising in the sub-continent and low income
people are finding it difficult to make the two ends meet. The
prediction for current year is also not good. There will be more
unemployment in coming days. So we should plan to set aside a portion
of our income, no matter what, to help the needy. I have read
somewhere a Hadis that
says that if a single person sleeps hungry in a town, Almighty Allah
withdraws His protection from it. It is the responsibility of the
administration and the population as a whole to see it to that
widows, orphans, sick and the destitue are adequately fed and clothed.
Remember, what Hazrat
Umer has said: "Even if a dog on the shores of Nile dies of hunger,
Umer will be held
accountable for it".

I like one ex army officer, who every month goes to a poor locality
and silently gives tokens to a few families to buy ration from a
designated shop in the area. They could buy whatever theylike within
the specified sum of Rs. 2500, Rice, flour, grams of edible oil etc
and become happy that atleast for one month their children will not
sleep without having supers. In the coming days, tough times are
ahead. But by giving charity generously, we can save ourselves from
disastors and calamities, as sadaqah saves us from such trials. May
Allah Guide us to pay the poor dues.

Javed Kaleem

koolf...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2008, 3:17:47 PM1/27/08
On Jan 27, 3:29 pm, Javed Iqbal Kaleem <JavedIqbalKal...@gmail.com>
wrote:

God helps those who help themselves.....those who work hard
and,educated will get a break.

pakistan economic survey 07

http://mymoodz.wordpress.com/category/personal-thoughts/

Don't make vague statements javed kaleem,about helping the poor
etc,etc.....your intention is to be beg, and make easy money....lazy
fellow kaleem, buck up your backside, and get a job, work hard,and put
the food on the table,instead asking for rs 5000 paki rupees,from
people earning rs 20000....the fact is, a paki earning rs 20,000 will
be scraping the bottom,to make both ends meet.....you are now thinking
of a ponzi scheme from Koran, to cream away rs 5000 from some paki
victim.

Mohamed used to loot caravans,and say he gave it to the poor,all he
did was in the name of giving the to the poor,he amassed 15 to 20
women,and forced himself on these poor women......on the double
paki,learn some skills,which you lack completely.

Javed Iqbal Kaleem

Jan 28, 2008, 12:05:34 AM1/28/08
Nonsense. Keep off my posts you slave of Jewery.

Javed Kaleem

koolf...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2008, 6:28:10 AM1/28/08
On Jan 28, 10:05 am, Javed Iqbal Kaleem <JavedIqbalKal...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Nonsense. Keep off my posts you slave of  Jewery.

Nonsense.thats what you been writing,darpoke ....... Keep off my posts
you slave of Jewery...........thats why you are an idiot,did the
Jew's not kick 6 Arab sandnigga countries in one go...oh i forgot,you
are the product of sandngga invasion and rape,no wonder you are butt
lifting to a foreign religion,you wanna be more Allah fearing than the
Arabs themselves.....what a sad state of affairs,halfhindu paki son of
raped devdasi.............buck up,buck up, yo javed kali
khopdiwallah,you gotta go beyond binori mosque.