MAGNA CARTA

NELSON SILVA

May 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/8/96

Magna Carta was formed in London on the 10th of May 1969, by Chris Simpson,
Lyell Tranter and Glen Stuart.
This is one of the longest running bands in the world. 27 years after that
day, Chris Simpson continues to lead the band, with his wife Linda Simpson
and Lee Abbot on the bass. They play as a duo or a trio and sometimes they
play with a drummer and someone on percurssion.
Magna Carta's music has a unique sound, most people call it folk music.
But they plays acoustic, including folk ballads, and songs with a flavour of
country, reggae, blues or celtic.
More than 20 albuns on their career, and with more to come. They play
old songs like "Seasons", "Lord of the Ages", "Airport Song" and new songs
like "Terminal Case of You", "The speed of the Sound of Loneliness".

So Happy Birthday to Magna Carta

"So I asked the coalman just for a laugh - Nelson Silva
how many times did he take a bath - Tel/Fax: +351-2-3705759
as many times said he, as the bath takes me" - R. Leote Rego, 187 h-121
Chris Simpson - 4400 V.N.Gaia - PORTUGAL
(Magna Carta) Nelson...@telefor1.esoterica.pt
* Evaluation copy of Silver Xpress. Day # 43850
--- via Silver Xpress V4.3 [NR]
* Origin: TeleForum 351-2-5106083 V.34 Porto (2:363/1)

Paul Ruiterman

May 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/9/96

NELSON SILVA (nelson...@telefor1.esoterica.pt) writes:
> Magna Carta was formed in London on the 10th of May 1969, by Chris Simpson,
> Lyell Tranter and Glen Stuart.

Like..
Wow man.
You blow me away dude.
Here I am going around thinking that Magna Carta
was something some really old dudes wrote in like
1215 or something.
And that some other King dude had to sign it or something
at Runnymede.
Glad you told me man.

Paul (who's glad you told him)R.

Gerard Stafleu

May 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/9/96

In article <8C032C8.0005...@telefor1.esoterica.pt>, NELSON SILVA <nelson...@telefor1.esoterica.pt> writes:

> Magna Carta was formed in London on the 10th of May 1969, by Chris Simpson,
> Lyell Tranter and Glen Stuart.

Verhip. En ik maar denken dattie in 1215 uit Koning Jan's strot gerukt werd.
Wat kan een mens er toch naast zitten.

> This is one of the longest running bands in the world.

Hebben ze de marathon van Boston al geprobeerd?

> 27 years after that
> day, Chris Simpson continues to lead the band, with his wife Linda Simpson
> and Lee Abbot on the bass.

Nou, als ik Chris was zou ik me eigen toch afvragen: wat doen die twee
daar op die bas?

> They play as a duo or a trio

Oh. Ik zeg al niets meer.

> and sometimes they play with a drummer

En wat vind die drummer daar nou van?

> So Happy Birthday to Magna Carta

Vinnik ook: happige boordag, Grote Kaart!

--
Gerard (die ook dol op muziek is) Stafleu
ITS, University of Western Ontario,

NELSON SILVA

May 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/14/96

Magna Carta returned from Holland, here they made some events.
They are planning to be on Holland this year again.
Next month, they will be on Denmark
Gerard reply in dutch, but Nelson only speak english, french, portuguese
or spanish.

>> Magna Carta was formed in London on the 10th of May 1969, by Chris Simpson,
>> Lyell Tranter and Glen Stuart.

> Verhip. En ik maar denken dattie in 1215 uit Koning Jan's strot gerukt
> werd. Wat kan een mens er toch naast zitten.

I don't understand dutch language, but I can understand that you are talking
about Magna Carta, a british constitution wrote in sec. XIII, and I'm talking
about a great band, named Manga Carta.
They are very popular on UK and on Holland, so I think it was important to
post something about them here.

>> This is one of the longest running bands in the world.

> Hebben ze de marathon van Boston al geprobeerd?

As I told you I was talking about music, not sports.

>> 27 years after that
>> day, Chris Simpson continues to lead the band, with his wife Linda Simpson
>> and Lee Abbot on the bass.

> Nou, als ik Chris was zou ik me eigen toch afvragen: wat doen die twee
> daar op die bas?

For me, bass is an instrument. What you think?

>> They play as a duo or a trio

> Oh. Ik zeg al niets meer.

Ok, if you don't want say, just don't say. But for me no problem.

>> and sometimes they play with a drummer

> Gerard (die ook dol op muziek is) Stafleu

> ITS, University of Western Ontario,
> London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5B7
> email: ger...@uwo.ca phone:(519)661-2151

"So I asked the coalman just for a laugh - Nelson Silva
how many times did he take a bath - Tel/Fax: +351-2-3705759
as many times said he, as the bath takes me" - R. Leote Rego, 187 h-121
Chris Simpson - 4400 V.N.Gaia - PORTUGAL
(Magna Carta) Nelson...@telefor1.esoterica.pt

* Evaluation copy of Silver Xpress. Day # 0

Mostly Harmless

May 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/14/96

"
"Verhip. En ik maar denken dattie in 1215 uit Koning Jan's
"strot gerukt werd.
"Wat kan een mens er toch naast zitten.
"

"> This is one of the longest running bands in the world.
"
"Hebben ze de marathon van Boston al geprobeerd?

Ik heb ze laatst ook niet gezien bij de Batavierenrace, maar het was
'snachts wel behoorlijk mistig.

"> 27 years after that
"> day, Chris Simpson continues to lead the band, with his wife Linda
"> Simpson
"> and Lee Abbot on the bass.
"
"Nou, als ik Chris was zou ik me eigen toch afvragen: wat doen die
"twee daar op die bas?

Kweeniet. Misschien kan pien, als basexpert, daar wat duidelijkheid in
brengen?

"> They play as a duo or a trio
"
"Oh. Ik zeg al niets meer.
"

"> and sometimes they play with a drummer
"

"En wat vind die drummer daar nou van?
"
"> So Happy Birthday to Magna Carta
"
"Vinnik ook: happige boordag, Grote Kaart!

Rondje!! Doe mij maar een Palm, om te beginnen.

--
Rik Steenwinkel (Mostly Harmless)
Enschede, Netherlands

Chris Verhoef

May 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/14/96

rst...@ibm.net (Mostly Harmless) writes:

>Rondje!! Doe mij maar een Palm, om te beginnen.

klas psalm

--XX

ps, en dan nu psalm 47.

We can't give you a brain, but we can give you a degree.
-- The University's Motto

NELSON SILVA

May 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/15/96

"Described by Melody Maker as the "whole story of contemporary folk
music", Magna Carta first emerged on the folk scene back in 1970.
Hits like "Airport Song" and "Elizabethan" (both written on the back
of a cornflake box in Chris Simpson's flat!) soon followed, along
with million selling albums and world tours. Simpson is still at the
helm, joined by wife Linda on vocals and guitar, and Lee Abbott, one
of the best fretless bass players around. A must for all 60s
children!"

http://id.admin.cranfield.ac.uk/slowhtml/lighter/theatre/stables/stab0039.html

http://id.admin.cranfield.ac.uk/slowhtml/lighter/
theatre/stables/stab0039.html

pien

May 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/15/96

In article <31986ad7....@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>, rst...@ibm.net
(Mostly Harmless) wrote:

> Kweeniet. Misschien kan pien, als basexpert, daar wat duidelijkheid in
> brengen?

Wie ik? Basexpert? Hmmm...dacht het niet...Ivo, onze "echte" bassist
heeft van de week mijn Fender P. opengemaakt en 3 kilo kattenharen
vermengt met kattenzeik onvreemd en nieuwe roto's erop gezet. Klinkt
toch _net_ even anders...:)

Carlina
[((crlna)) is de baas en Hanzz moet doen wat ze zegt]
[Txt]
pi...@xs4all.nl

Philippe Schepens (ST)

May 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/15/96

ch...@fwi.uva.nl (Chris Verhoef) wrote:

:>rst...@ibm.net (Mostly Harmless) writes:

:>>Rondje!! Doe mij maar een Palm, om te beginnen.

:>klas psalm

Weet *jij* niet wat een Palm is?
Diep gat in je cultuur Chris !

Een Palm is ook Mostly Harmless,
Aleen smaakt ie lekkerder dan Rik S. uit Enschede.
[Vrouwen mogen mij tegenspreken.]

:> --XX

:>ps, en dan nu psalm 47.

Geef me maar liever een Palm