Re: Weather in the Netherlands

Message has been deleted

F ustigator

May 22, 2004, 10:26:11 AM5/22/04
Vitae forma vocatur, cenorth...@yahoo.com, die 21 May 2004
17:21:49 -0700, in littera
<d08ef79e.04052...@posting.google.com> in foro
soc.culture.netherlands (et aliis) vere scripsit quod sequitur:

>How is the weather currently in the Netherlands (around amsterdam)? Is
>it acceptable for bicycle riding or too cold? Should the next week or
>so be good for bicycling (without have to waer a heavy coat)?

Th weather is generally speaking dreadful in The Nederlands in the
largest acceptance of the term, that means including belgium and
Luxemburg. You can try nevertheless a ride with a bycycle, but be
prepared to fight against the rain and the heavy northerlies.

But as consolation: the temperature is never very cold in The
Netherlands, even in the winter.

Erasmus was right when he said "In De Nederlanden is er veel
aanblaffing en weinig waardering" This is also utmost valuable not
only regarding the way the local people consider theweather but also
concerning the general manners and behaviour-patterns in this
newsgroup.

--
Fusti
ICQ #59448345

Adriaan Koerbagh

May 24, 2004, 8:43:37 AM5/24/04
Op 21 May 2004 17:21:49 -0700 meende Burger
cenorth...@yahoo.com<cenorth...@yahoo.com>
in soc.culture.netherlands het volgende te moeten typen:

> How is the weather currently in the Netherlands (around amsterdam)? Is
> it acceptable for bicycle riding or too cold? Should the next week or
> so be good for bicycling (without have to waer a heavy coat)?

You can ask to Rene Peters, he is shareholder of KNMI (Dutch weather
institute)

--
Niek Holtzappel Weblog op http://www.xs4all.nl/~nholtz/nieklog
Homepage op http://www.xs4all.nl/~nholtz

René Peters

May 24, 2004, 12:45:07 PM5/24/04

"Adriaan Koerbagh" <rava...@hopje.xs4all.nl.invalid> schreef in bericht

> Op 21 May 2004 17:21:49 -0700 meende Burger
> cenorth...@yahoo.com<cenorth...@yahoo.com>
> in soc.culture.netherlands het volgende te moeten typen:
>
> > How is the weather currently in the Netherlands (around amsterdam)? Is
> > it acceptable for bicycle riding or too cold? Should the next week or
> > so be good for bicycling (without have to waer a heavy coat)?
>
> You can ask to Rene Peters, he is shareholder of KNMI (Dutch weather
> institute)

I went to work by bike this a.m. but I surely needed gloves, because of the
terrible cold that time.