Canadian Boxer of Nepali origin?

Anil Shrestha

Feb 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/17/00
Recently I read a newsclip in the sports section of a leading Canadian
daily. The news was that a boxer, Keysor Limbu won the silver medal in
the 54 kgs category of the Canadian National Amateur boxing
championship/selection for the Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia. To me
this name sounded like it was a Nepali origin surname. Maybe some
friends from Calgary can fill me on this because his hometown is
Calgary, Alberta. I feel proud of his achievement and I am sure there
are some of you who would feel the same. Can Gopal Dangol ji of Alberta
help me in checking this out so that we can give proper acknowledgment
to Keysor for his outstanding achievement!

GP

Feb 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/18/00
Anil jee,

Thanks for your last mail, regarding my querries about
Canada, I will write long letter once I get in to that
track. How is ASD doing? He must have talked about me.

I am wondering, whether the Surname looking Nepali orgin,
the first name also looks "Kishor", was it correctly
spelled? "Key"+"Sor" ?

See you next time.

Oohi
Gyaneswor

--
"If you can't return a favor, pass it on." - A.
L. Brown

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

GP

Feb 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/18/00
Anil Shrestha jee,

I am sorry to assume you as Anil Tuladhar of Vancouver,
Canada. Because you talked about Canada, AT used to post
most of the time from Canada, I messed up myself, pushing
you in confusion.

Thanks.
GP

don...@my-deja.com

Feb 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/19/00

It is true Kishor Limbu is originally from Nepal. He is the son of
British Ex Gurkha soldier Mr Durga Limbu who immigrated to Canada. They
are originally from Sirjung Gaon Bikas samiti ward # 4 of Terhathum
District / Nepal. Recently(about a week ago) during a regular training
exercise for the Olympics he had an accident and dislocated his
shoulder. This may effect his participation in the Olympics. It is
really a badluck for him. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Gopal Dongol
http://www.cuug.ab.ca/~dongolg/

In article <38AC0177...@cornell.edu>,