Mexico plants border 'wall of life'

Jose

Jul 4, 2008, 3:58:45 PM7/4/08
Scotsman, United Kingdom - Jun 28, 2008
THE first of 400000 trees are being planted to form a "green wall" in
protest at the fence the US is building along the border between
Mexicoand Texas The treeline will eventually stretch for 318 miles.

Coahuila Governor Humberto Moreira Valdes says "our wall is of life,
and it competes with shame and hate."

http://news.scotsman.com/world/Mexico-plants-border-39wall-of.4233335.jp

HoseB

Jul 4, 2008, 5:54:22 PM7/4/08

It simply shows that the Mexican politicians can get things done faster
than American politicians.

f. barnes

Jul 4, 2008, 6:05:29 PM7/4/08

The only shame is Mexico's for being such a bad neighbor that a wall
is absolutely necessary. The wall says nothing about the builder, but
it speaks volumes about the builder's neighbor.

Cantor

Jul 4, 2008, 6:36:57 PM7/4/08

I would like to see a statistic on divorce rate among the people who
support the wall. The constant is that the blame falls entirely on a
single party. The US can do as it wishes, to me it is still a symbol
of human failure.

johnny@.

Jul 4, 2008, 7:45:05 PM7/4/08

That's stated simply, and easy to understand for a normal person, but
the liberals will say it's our fault that we have to build the wall.

johnny@.

Jul 4, 2008, 8:03:58 PM7/4/08
Cantor wrote:
> On Jul 4, 5:05 pm, "f. barnes" <fre...@centurytel.net> wrote:
>> On Jul 4, 2:58 pm, Jose <pabl...@todito.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Scotsman, United Kingdom - Jun 28, 2008
>>> THE first of 400000 trees are being planted to form a "green wall" in
>>> protest at the fence the US is building along the border between
>>> Mexicoand Texas The treeline will eventually stretch for 318 miles.
>>> Coahuila Governor Humberto Moreira Valdes says "our wall is of life,
>>> and it competes with shame and hate."
>>> http://news.scotsman.com/world/Mexico-plants-border-39wall-of.4233335.jp
>> The only shame is Mexico's for being such a bad neighbor that a wall
>> is absolutely necessary. The wall says nothing about the builder, but
>> it speaks volumes about the builder's neighbor.
>
> I would like to see a statistic on divorce rate among the people who
> support the wall.

What would that tell you?

> The constant is that the blame falls entirely on a
> single party.

Which party?

> The US can do as it wishes, to me it is still a symbol
> of human failure.

Which humans are you referring to?

Cantor

Jul 5, 2008, 1:30:07 AM7/5/08
On Jul 4, 7:03 pm, "johnny@." <johnny@.> wrote:
> Cantor wrote:

> >> The only shame is Mexico's for being such a bad neighbor that a wall
> >> is absolutely necessary. The wall says nothing about the builder, but
> >> it speaks volumes about the builder's neighbor.
>
> > I would like to see a statistic on divorce rate among the people who
> > support the wall.
>
> What would that tell you?

It wouldn't be conclusive, but if it was >significantly< higher than
the national average. It would suggest that people who support the
wall have a problem with human relationships.

> > The constant is that the blame falls entirely on a
> > single party.
>
> Which party?

When people have nasty divorces is always the other person fault.

> > The US can do as it wishes, to me it is still a symbol
> > of human failure.
>
> Which humans are you referring to?

What are you trying to get at? Was the Berlin Wall a symbol of human
failure? Why did people all over the world felt happy when it was torn
down.

What do you think of the 400 mill sent to Mexico to help combat drug
traffic?

HoseB

Jul 5, 2008, 2:36:51 AM7/5/08

I agree, you are a failure.

Mike

Jul 5, 2008, 7:55:37 AM7/5/08
On Jul 5, 12:30 am, Cantor <canto...@excite.com> wrote:
> On Jul 4, 7:03 pm, "johnny@." <johnny@.> wrote:
>

> > Cantor wrote:

> > > I would like to see a statistic on divorce rate among the people who
> > > support the wall.
>
> > What would that tell you?
>
> It wouldn't be conclusive, but if it was >significantly< higher than
> the national average. It would suggest that people who support the
> wall have a problem with human relationships.

The wall, like the borders and the border patrols that exist between
all natons, is simply a means of aiding the border patrol when they
have the duty of enforcing a border with a particulrly problematic
neighbor. A wall has recently gone up in Spain to keep out illegal
immigrants, and there's a wall in Israel.

Our wall should not be necessary. It highlights the failure of the
deeply corrupt Mexican government and its economic system. It also
shows the failure of the U.S. to enforce existing laws by prosecuting
corrupt businesses and ethically bankrupt employers who exploit the
situation.

> > > The constant is that the blame falls entirely on a
> > > single party.
>
> > Which party?
>
> When people have nasty divorces is always the other person fault.

I don't think divorces have anything to do with topic of the wall.
Trying to keep people from entering a country that is already
overcrowded and burdened with millions of illegal entrants has nothing
to do with failed marriages.

> > > The US can do as it wishes, to me it is still a symbol
> > > of human failure.
>
> > Which humans are you referring to?
>
> What are you trying to get at? Was the Berlin Wall a symbol of human
> failure? Why did people all over the world felt happy when it was torn
> down.

Because it symbolized the collapse of a totalitarian state.

> What do you think of the 400 mill sent to Mexico to help combat drug

> traffic?- Hide quoted text -

That money has gone into a black hole. We won't know, and we won't
have any way of knowing, where that money will actually go.

Cantor

Jul 5, 2008, 2:42:30 PM7/5/08
> > What do you think of the 400 mill sent to Mexico to help combat drug
> > traffic?- Hide quoted text -
>
> That money has gone into a black hole. We won't know, and we won't
> have any way of knowing, where that money will actually go.

There is an extremely simple way of knowing. Most of the money is
supposed to go towards weapons that will likely be purchased in the
US.

OK, that was what I started saying, it is a symbol of human failure.
It was f. barnes who put all failures on the Mexican side.

There is a misconception about the strength of the US economy. People
seem to think that the US got where it solely on its hard work and
justice. I'm not sure if you remember your history classes, but big
cities brought industrialization. If you do some simple research you
find out who had the biggest cities earliest in history. You would see
the advantage the US had over any other country in the world. If I
remember right NY city alone boasted 3.5 millon a 100 years ago, while
Mexico City had 350 thousand. All that was thanks to immigration.

Here are some facts.

http://www.trivia-library.com/a/15-cities-with-largest-population.htm

As far as corruption, there is plenty to be had in the US, while
Mexico had it's lowest point. Luther king was getting assassinated,
Nixon spied JFK got killed too. Go back further and you will find the
great depression, was that because of a bad negligent and corrupt
country too?

You are dead on about economic factors being a big influence, but I'm
not sure you can tag Mexico as corrupt without an unwarranted tone of
self righteousness.

> > > Which party?
>
> > When people have nasty divorces is always the other person fault.
>
> I don't think divorces have anything to do with topic of the wall.
> Trying to keep people from entering a country that is already
> overcrowded and burdened with millions of illegal entrants has nothing
> to do with failed marriages.

> > > Which humans are you referring to?
>
> > What are you trying to get at? Was the Berlin Wall a symbol of human
> > failure? Why did people all over the world felt happy when it was torn
> > down.
>
> Because it symbolized the collapse of a totalitarian state.

True, and the existence of such totalitarian state was also a human
failure.
We do seem to agree with that in the border wall issue there are
failures on both sides.

Cantor

Jul 6, 2008, 2:15:07 PM7/6/08

And your point is?

Mexcrementy

Jul 6, 2008, 9:00:19 PM7/6/08

Gobernador Valdez is pissed of because: (1) he wasn't born an American;
(2) he got rejected for a U.S. visa; and, (3) he can't swim. So he
entered mexcremento politics instead. More power to Humberto the
mexcrement!

Mexcrementy del Mexcremento

--
Please visit www dot MEJICACA dot ORG! The site was written in pidgin
spicspeak using words of only one syllable or less but with tons of

Mexcrementy

Jul 6, 2008, 9:03:49 PM7/6/08

Your point being .....? We're talking trees here, chulo. The Peoples
Republic of Kalipornya BURNS more trees per hour than Valdez' 400,000
saplings.

Mexcrementy

Jul 6, 2008, 9:09:08 PM7/6/08

I say decorate the top of that wall with concertina. Cover the ground
below with broken glass and rusty shrapnel.

Mexcrementy

Jul 6, 2008, 9:11:24 PM7/6/08

I agree as far as failure goes, but are mexcrements considered human?

Mexcrementy del Mexcremento
Happily Married to Tres Hermanas

Mexcrementy

Jul 6, 2008, 9:19:00 PM7/6/08

I say the U.S. should also plant trees. They can be festooned with
mexcrement wetbacks dangling by their scrawny necks. Should we call
them Live Piñatas?

Will poison ivy survive in that area?

Mexcrementy del Mexcremento

Mexcrementy

Jul 6, 2008, 9:31:00 PM7/6/08
Mexcrementy wrote:
> Jose wrote:
>> Scotsman, United Kingdom - Jun 28, 2008
>> THE first of 400000 trees are being planted to form a "green wall" in
>> protest at the fence the US is building along the border between
>> Mexicoand Texas The treeline will eventually stretch for 318 miles.
>>
>> Coahuila Governor Humberto Moreira Valdes says "our wall is of life,
>> and it competes with shame and hate."
>>
>> http://news.scotsman.com/world/Mexico-plants-border-39wall-of.4233335.jp

Gobernador Valdez should prove his love for mexcremento and his fellow
mexcrements by stringing barb wire between those trees. Protect
Coahuila by keeping out gringo wetbacks! Har-har-har-har-har!!!!!

Mike

Jul 6, 2008, 11:10:57 PM7/6/08

I'm not under any illusions. The dark, unregulated, and excessive
speculation taking place in oil futures and commodity markes right
now, driving up the prices, speaks of an ultra-priviliged class of
elites who are enriching themselves at everyone else's expense. In
fact, the gutted regulation apparatus as it exists now, as well as the
burgeoning inequality of wealth in this country, parallels the corrupt
conditions preceding the great depression.

> You are dead on about economic factors being a big influence, but I'm
> not sure you can tag Mexico as corrupt without an unwarranted tone of
> self righteousness.

Not self rigteousness, but self interest. As a member of the working
class, I've already lost out to the business trend of off-shoring. I
could lose a lot more if Mexico City has it's way, if our own
Washington power elites and the armies of lobbyists get what they want
in the way of unlimited H1Bs, mass amnesty, and other pet immigration
projects. Both are corrupt, both have to be fought if a recognizable
U.S. is to continue into the future.

---------------------------snip

> True, and the existence of such totalitarian state was also a human
> failure.
> We do seem to agree with that in the border wall issue there are
> failures on both sides.

Yes.

don Gabacho

Jul 9, 2008, 10:26:01 PM7/9/08
On Jul 4, 5:54 pm, HoseB <Ho...@tinkertoy.net> wrote:
> Josewrote:

> > Scotsman, United Kingdom - Jun 28, 2008
> > THE first of 400000treesare being planted to form a "green wall" in

> > protest at the fence the US is building along the border between
> > Mexicoand Texas The treeline will eventually stretch for 318 miles.
>
> > Coahuila Governor Humberto Moreira Valdes says "our wall is of life,
> > and it competes with shame and hate."
>
> >http://news.scotsman.com/world/Mexico-plants-border-39wall-of.4233335.jp
>
> It simply shows that the Mexican politicians can get things done faster
> than American politicians.

You believe it? Hanh!