First on Everest are not Singaporeans - Sure or not?

Bangsar

May 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/26/98

This is actually quite funny...for Malaysians anyway.

wiseguy wrote in message <01bd8878$94af2040$3c7d74cb@default>...
>Leezurd <kok...@mbox4.singnet.com.sg> wrote in article
><01bd8858$f8911840$abcf15a5@bvntlale>...
>>

>> Andrew MS Lee <andre...@pemail.net> wrote in article
>> <3569f44...@news.cyberway.com.sg>...
>> >. They weren't even citizens.
>> > What happened to the born and bred true blue Singaporeans?
>>

>> Please clarify ? ARE YOU POSITVELY CERTAIN ?
>> There must be some mistakes in the press.
>> It this a bad joke or what ?
>> Singapore is first in so many areas - climbing
>> mountains should not be a problem .
>
>Wake up and smell the coffee, pal.
>
>Let this be another reminder to all of us that Singapore does not have the
>God-given right to be first in everything.

wiseguy

May 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/26/98

Don't blame you. I, myself a S'porean, find it hard to contain my
amusement...

Imagine, all those congrats from local VIPs/dignitaries, TCS newscasters
and RCS deejays going ga-ga over the news, etc, etc.

Bangsar <ban...@hotmail.com> wrote in article
<6kduml$kh$1...@news.tm.net.my>...

M C

May 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/26/98

Why is everyone getting a hard-on over Mt Everest ?

Each year there are 100+ expeditions of which a majority are successful.

If you made your trip back in the 60's, then take a cigar, but otherwise,
just stand back and feel the reward of success in your own skills and
achievment. Don't expect everyone to pat you on the back for being in trek
No. 2437

Bye

steve goh

May 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/26/98

The M'sian PM should offer congrats. msg to his two countrymen though domiciled
in singapore...

Let It Be

May 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/27/98

wiseguy wrote:

> Don't blame you. I, myself a S'porean, find it hard to contain my
> amusement...
>
> Imagine, all those congrats from local VIPs/dignitaries, TCS newscasters
> and RCS deejays going ga-ga over the news, etc, etc.

HEHEHE. but then again, some chinese PRs are playing ping pong and
badminton for Singapore.

steve goh

May 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/27/98

Well, as Singapore is so small on the world map, we really need foreign
talents to
excel in sports such as mountaineering, table tennis and badminton etc. We may
have
the best airport & best port, but when come to sports, we're still lagging
behind the
superpowers..We have to be realistic We will never come close to them unless
we tap
the talents from overseas to represent the republic.

AG...@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu

May 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/27/98

In article <356CB3FD...@pacific.net.sg>

steve goh <chich...@pacific.net.sg> writes:

>Well, as Singapore is so small on the world map, we really need foreign
>talents to
>excel in sports such as mountaineering, table tennis and badminton etc. We may
>have
>the best airport & best port, but when come to sports, we're still lagging

What are you talking about? The airport and the port were also largely built
by foreigners, mostly Malaysians.

chiew kheng choon

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

steve goh wrote:

> Well, as Singapore is so small on the world map, we really need foreign
> talents to
> excel in sports such as mountaineering, table tennis and badminton etc. We may
> have
> the best airport & best port, but when come to sports, we're still lagging
> behind the
> superpowers..We have to be realistic We will never come close to them unless
> we tap
> the talents from overseas to represent the republic.

And from another point of view, only Singapore can allow the talents

from other countries to take part on various sectors.

Yes, the two climber are PR, who care? Singaporean should be proud

of because people from other country willing to "risk their lives and

climbs for Singapore".

I am a Malaysian. What I feel is the contribution to a country is

much more important than where he/she came from. Won't you all agree?

wiseguy

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

G...@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu wrote in article
<17F631353...@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu>...

> In article <356CB3FD...@pacific.net.sg>
> steve goh <chich...@pacific.net.sg> writes:
>
> >Well, as Singapore is so small on the world map, we really need foreign
> >talents to
> >excel in sports such as mountaineering, table tennis and badminton etc.
We may
> >have
> >the best airport & best port, but when come to sports, we're still
lagging

> What are you talking about? The airport and the port were also largely
built
> by foreigners, mostly Malaysians.

But can Msians run airports and ports according to world standards?

mcgrl

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98
Arrogant, a typical Singaporean attitude

Simasar

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

MBCs can. MBMs cannot.

Harry Butt

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

Maybe. You will know soon enough. Coming up is the KL International
Airport.

I am sure Malaysians are good at one thing though. We know how to turn
off a tap. You know, that big one at Johor Bahru. :-)

Quote of the Day.
He started it....

wiseguy

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

mcgrl <mc...@mailexcite.com> wrote in article
<356F84...@mailexcite.com>...

> wiseguy wrote:
> >
> > G...@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu wrote in article
> > <17F631353...@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu>...

> > We may
> > lagging
> > >
> > > What are you talking about? The airport and the port were also
largely
> > built
> > > by foreigners, mostly Malaysians.
> >
> > But can Msians run airports and ports according to world standards?

> Arrogant, a typical Singaporean attitude

No. More like pride.

Anyway, if it makes you feel better, we are not the best. Schipol Airport
is the best I think, while HK's port is the busiest. And with their new
airport, HK now has the hardware and software to take on our Changi
Airport.

nobody

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

If you like Malaysia so much, then go back to Malaysia if you are a
Malaysia else migrate there. Don't ever step onto this land!!!

AG...@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu wrote in article

Barry

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

Pride??? So what if Changi Airport is good? Do you build it? Do you run it? You
only use it! What is there to be proud of being a Singaporean? Or in fact being
a citizen of any particular country? Does that make you geneticly better?

All I'm saying it...there's completely no point in comparing the good and bad
between countries the way you did. Ultimately, all you're trying to say is,
Singaporeans are better. I can give you 100 examples in which Malaysia is
better than Singapore. ( and then you're gonna reply with 102 reasons why
Singapore is better....I'm sicked of this).

wiseguy

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

Me??!!! Tell that to the Msian fuckface Agan who started this sub-thread
(and other posts aimed to offend to Sporeans!!!)

Barry <bc...@cam.ac.uk> wrote in article <356EDF48...@cam.ac.uk>...

> Pride??? So what if Changi Airport is good? Do you build it? Do you run
it? You
> only use it! What is there to be proud of being a Singaporean? Or in fact
being
> a citizen of any particular country? Does that make you geneticly
better?

> All I'm saying it...there's completely no point in comparing the good and
bad
> between countries the way you did. Ultimately, all you're trying to say
is,
> Singaporeans are better. I can give you 100 examples in which Malaysia is
> better than Singapore. ( and then you're gonna reply with 102 reasons why
> Singapore is better....I'm sicked of this).
>

> [snip]

Kicker

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

Harry Butt wrote:

> I am sure Malaysians are good at one thing though. We know how to turn
> off a tap. You know, that big one at Johor Bahru. :-)
>
> Quote of the Day.
> He started it....

turn it off then. don't nato......pressure your government to do
that.:)

Simasar

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

nobody wrote:

> If you like Malaysia so much, then go back to Malaysia if you are a
> Malaysia else migrate there. Don't ever step onto this land!!!

Do you own "this land"?

Let It Be

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

wiseguy wrote:

> Me??!!! Tell that to the Msian fuckface Agan who started this sub-thread

Oh, that son of a Gan, he has been doing that for year.
He is a Msian tho.

Saddam Hus-Inssein

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

mcgrl wrote:

> > But can Msians run airports and ports according to world standards?

Of course, only Singaporeans can do things of a world class standard!
Like running world class airports and seaports. Obviously, these
facilities are run by Malaysian Citizens with Singaporean PR, or HKers
with Singapore PR, but not Singaporean Citizens.

Harry Butt

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

Kicker wrote:

> turn it off then. don't nato......pressure your government to do
> that.:)

nato? No action talk only?

I am not saying that we should.

Malaysia and Singapore are so closely linked together in economic terms
that it is to everyone's benefit that they maintain good relations.

BTW, how come the interest in soc.culture.malaysia?

Kicker

May 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/30/98

Harry Butt wrote:

> Kicker wrote:
>
> > turn it off then. don't nato......pressure your government to do
> > that.:)
>
> nato? No action talk only?
>
> I am not saying that we should.

the m'sia government should do that......so that s'poreans would start
to learn.

> Malaysia and Singapore are so closely linked together in economic terms
> that it is to everyone's benefit that they maintain good relations.

but to maintain good relationships just becoz of economic terms? too sad
to hear that.

> BTW, how come the interest in soc.culture.malaysia?

always having the interest here. :)

anas

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

mcgrl wrote:

> wiseguy wrote:
> >
> > G...@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu wrote in article
> > <17F631353...@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu>...

> > We may
> > lagging
> > >
> > > What are you talking about? The airport and the port were also largely
> > built
> > > by foreigners, mostly Malaysians.
> >
> > But can Msians run airports and ports according to world standards?
> Arrogant, a typical Singaporean attitude
I think most of the top officials running the world's class airport &
ports in Singapaore are ex Malaysian... Hmmm..

Anas

jablus

Jun 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/4/98

anas wrote:

> mcgrl wrote:
> >
> > wiseguy wrote:
> > >
> > > G...@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu wrote in article
> > > <17F631353...@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu>...

The Malaysian are only supporting crew....
works in the field.....
not high level managment.... pathetic....Hhhhmmmm