Free wifi hotspot

kota

Jul 17, 2005, 9:09:39 AM7/17/05
I am now in The Mall, Jalan Putra
Just now I tried to connect to TmNet hotspot but failed.
This TmNet wifi is provided by Kenny Roger Restaurant.

But I found another wifi hotspot call G604T
and I can connect to it without any problem
and also no need log in password
totally free wifi hotspot.
So I send this post through G604T wifi hotpot.
Wooo, totally free wifi and also free access to TmNet's newsgroup!!

The one need payment one cannot connect (TmNet hotspot RM35 per 3 months)
The other one no need payment one can connect easily.
How come like that one arrr?

Ir. Hj. Othman bin Ahmad

Jul 17, 2005, 2:48:43 PM7/17/05

kota wrote:

> The one need payment one cannot connect (TmNet hotspot RM35 per 3 months)
> The other one no need payment one can connect easily.
> How come like that one arrr?

It is called generosity.
Many people are willing to share bandwidth with others because they are
too lazy to put passwords. I did.

Kerry

Jul 17, 2005, 8:32:51 PM7/17/05
Oh boy!

"Ir. Hj. Othman bin Ahmad" <oth...@lycos.com> wrote in message

Dana Chow @ Straits

Jul 17, 2005, 9:19:25 PM7/17/05
is that annoying guy again!

"Kerry" <ke...@intel.com.il> wrote in message

Lalusana@hotspot

Jul 17, 2005, 9:54:26 PM7/17/05
Here we go again....

ooHhhhhhhh.... ooooooooooooooooooo....

Give him a big OOOOOOooooooooo........

"Dana Chow @ Straits" <dana...@no-spam.yahoo.com> wrote in message

tyl

Jul 17, 2005, 10:38:24 PM7/17/05

KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Starwing @ Work

Jul 17, 2005, 11:00:55 PM7/17/05
Maybe for people like you, its called buang sampah. I mean called
stupidity and RTFM

Oh maybe someone to too "lazy" to take their things from the hotel safe
and you being oh so buang sampah, I mean generous helped him to safe
keep it, right?

And so I thought you dispise wireless router and prefer to be on ad hoc
mode because a wireless router/ap is a "waste of money". Now, your so
not greatest one, how do we set a "password" like you so indicated in ad
hoc mode?

Answers shall be revealed in my footer, really this time.

Starwing

--
How much talent do I need to grow a nice long and fat prick? Almost none.

Message has been deleted

mn

Jul 18, 2005, 2:56:59 AM7/18/05

"Leisureman" <klt...@streamyx.com> wrote in message

> So Watch out ! He is back :-)

just ignore him...make donno...and he'll fade away again.

+++

tyl

Jul 18, 2005, 3:27:42 AM7/18/05

Nothing a few bottles of Lalusana's tuak can't cure.

Lalusana@hotspot

Jul 18, 2005, 4:36:43 AM7/18/05

"tyl" <hate...@nospam.org> wrote in message

Then u should try tuak mixed with plenty of durian....
Should try it man..... Shiok!

kota

Jul 18, 2005, 9:25:44 AM7/18/05
Just now I went to IOI mall try to connect to TmNet wifi hotspot but fail to
connect too.
The TmNet wifi in IOI mall is provided by "Secret Recipe"
now I am connected to TmNet wifi in another shopping complex.
I can't tell the location, because this is a very few TmNet wifi hotspot
that can be connected.
I don't want some people come to hack this hotspot.
This is a very good location, a lot of sitting place, not many people
around,
you don't need to buy drink first in-order for you to sit-dwon and
start enjoy wifi. Other hotspot require you to buy drink before you
can connect to their connection
(example are "Secret Recipe, A&W, Starbucks,Burger King, sometime
you buy the drink already, thinking of sit down and start enjoy wifi, but
unable to connect!!!).
Maybe Ir. Hj can figure this location from the IP address?
Also, most TmNet wifi hotspot is un-connectable despite of RM35 paid already
to sign up for the account.

Gerald

Jul 18, 2005, 10:27:43 AM7/18/05
Leisureman wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:19:25 +0800, "Dana Chow @ Straits"
> <dana...@no-spam.yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>is that annoying guy again!
>>

> So Watch out ! He is back :-)

Psst, I am sharpening my knife and my tongue :-P

hehehehehe

-g

kota

Jul 19, 2005, 1:22:19 AM7/19/05
I am now in Sri Hartamas Burger King
This one can connect without any problem.

The other OK one which I have visited are:
1. Great Eastern Mall, Ground floor
2. USJ Taipan, Burger King
3. A&W in PJ state.
4. A&W in Subang Jaya.
5. Burger King in SS2.
6. Burger King in One Utama (section 2)
7. Burger King in One Utama (section 1)
8. Project in Shah Alam.
9. Subang Parade.

Stephen

Jul 19, 2005, 2:55:52 AM7/19/05
yeah it's him...ignore him he will vanished but not tony...this guy will
keep on talking

Starwing @ Work

Jul 19, 2005, 6:59:54 AM7/19/05
Nah .. take this ..

Esp the mr buang sampah

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050707/ap_on_hi_te/techbits_wi_fi_theft_1

Wed Jul 6, 8:15 PM ET

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Police have arrested a man for using someone
else's wireless Internet network in one of the first criminal cases
involving this fairly common practice.

Benjamin Smith III, 41, faces a pretrial hearing this month following
his April arrest on charges of unauthorized access to a computer
network, a third-degree felony.

Police say Smith admitted using the Wi-Fi signal from the home of
Richard Dinon, who had noticed Smith sitting in an SUV outside Dinon's
house using a laptop computer.

The practice is so new that the Florida Department of Law Enforcement
doesn't even keep statistics, according to the St. Petersburg Times,
which reported Smith's arrest this week.

Innocuous use of other people's unsecured Wi-Fi networks is common,
though experts say that plenty of illegal use also goes undetected: such
as people sneaking on others' networks to traffic in child pornography,
steal credit card information and send death threats.

Security experts say people can prevent such access by turning on
encryption or requiring passwords, but few bother or are unsure how to
do so.

Wi-Fi, short for Wireless Fidelity, has enjoyed prolific growth since
2000. Millions of households have set up wireless home networks that
give people like Dinon the ability to use the Web from their backyards
but also reach the house next door or down the street.

It's not clear why Smith was using Dinon's network. Prosecutors declined
to comment, and a working phone number could not be located for Smith.

Rkaru

Jul 19, 2005, 6:59:48 PM7/19/05

You're on a crusade, aren't you.

--
Rkaru
"Heh...heh..."

Parse System Technology

Jul 20, 2005, 7:26:21 AM7/20/05
You should call yourself wifi spotter.

Hahahahaahah

Aku

Jul 20, 2005, 11:43:42 PM7/20/05

upm has lots and lots of hotspot.can connect to power socket somemore

Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad

Jul 22, 2005, 11:21:48 AM7/22/05

kota wrote:
> I am now in Sri Hartamas Burger King
> This one can connect without any problem.

Free or require payment?

Just been to Shangrila Tanjung Aru Hotel, at Kota Kinabalu.
I can connect to its wifi but need to pay RM50 in order to register.

Just too expensive.

Many hotels already have wifi base stations but they charge at
exhorbitant prices.

Another colleague managed to connect to our MySpot using a PDA.

Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad

Jul 22, 2005, 11:30:02 AM7/22/05

Starwing @ Work wrote:
> Nah .. take this ..
>
> Esp the mr buang sampah
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050707/ap_on_hi_te/techbits_wi_fi_theft_1

This is a very interesting case.

The case of a selfish fool, who tried to prosecute someone who uses his
widely available network, which is left wide open for everyone to use
without incurring extra costs.

Dave Baker

Jul 23, 2005, 9:04:17 AM7/23/05
On 22 Jul 2005 08:30:02 -0700, "Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad"
<oth...@lycos.com> wrote:

>The case of a selfish fool, who tried to prosecute someone who uses his
>widely available network, which is left wide open for everyone to use
>without incurring extra costs.

Just like that thing in the safe that you "used" instead of handing into lost
property like an honest man would?

Dave

The email address used for sending these postings is not valid.
All replies to the group please.

ChingWha

Jul 23, 2005, 3:04:24 PM7/23/05
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:04:17 +0800, Dave Baker
<newsgrou...@jodael.com> wrote:

>On 22 Jul 2005 08:30:02 -0700, "Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad"
><oth...@lycos.com> wrote:
>
>>The case of a selfish fool, who tried to prosecute someone who uses his
>>widely available network, which is left wide open for everyone to use
>>without incurring extra costs.
>
>Just like that thing in the safe that you "used" instead of handing into lost
>property like an honest man would?

What is that thing with the safe you guys always mention?

Dave Baker

Jul 23, 2005, 10:05:29 PM7/23/05
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:04:24 +0200, ChingWha <Chin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:04:17 +0800, Dave Baker
><newsgrou...@jodael.com> wrote:
>
>>On 22 Jul 2005 08:30:02 -0700, "Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad"
>><oth...@lycos.com> wrote:
>>
>>>The case of a selfish fool, who tried to prosecute someone who uses his
>>>widely available network, which is left wide open for everyone to use
>>>without incurring extra costs.
>>
>>Just like that thing in the safe that you "used" instead of handing into lost
>>property like an honest man would?
>What is that thing with the safe you guys always mention?

Haji seems to think that anything he "finds" belongs to him. He found
something in a hotel room safe once. Any honest man (and surely a Haji should
be the best example of one?) would take the items to the reception & hand
them into lost & found for return to original owner.

Haji instead stole them, and to make it worse, crowed loudly & proudly about
it on the Internet for the world to see!

Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad

Jul 26, 2005, 10:22:51 AM7/26/05

Dave Baker wrote:
> On 22 Jul 2005 08:30:02 -0700, "Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad"
> <oth...@lycos.com> wrote:
>
> >The case of a selfish fool, who tried to prosecute someone who uses his
> >widely available network, which is left wide open for everyone to use
> >without incurring extra costs.
>
> Just like that thing in the safe that you "used" instead of handing into lost
> property like an honest man would?

Indeed, if it is a lost property and there is a lost property reserved
place.

Unfortunately it is not true in many cases, so anyone who thinks
otherwise must be an utter idiot.

Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad

Jul 26, 2005, 10:27:48 AM7/26/05

Dave Baker wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:04:24 +0200, ChingWha <Chin...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:04:17 +0800, Dave Baker
> ><newsgrou...@jodael.com> wrote:

> >>Just like that thing in the safe that you "used" instead of handing into lost
> >>property like an honest man would?
> >What is that thing with the safe you guys always mention?
>
> Haji seems to think that anything he "finds" belongs to him. He found
> something in a hotel room safe once. Any honest man (and surely a Haji should
> be the best example of one?) would take the items to the reception & hand
> them into lost & found for return to original owner.

Assuming that a reception or even the police knows how to return to the
original owner.

> Haji instead stole them, and to make it worse, crowed loudly & proudly about
> it on the Internet for the world to see!

It opens up a very important debate on "the finder", "the keeper", and
to expose the dishonesty and stupidity of many.

Gerald

Jul 26, 2005, 3:17:08 PM7/26/05

Please use this arguement with Allah, on judgement day !

-g

ps. there is a 'reserved place' for you, its called HELL!

Rkaru

Jul 26, 2005, 6:39:08 PM7/26/05
Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad wrote:

> Assuming that a reception or even the police knows how to return to the
> original owner.

Assuming you checked into a hotel and kept something of value in the
safe. Assuming when you checked out, you forgot to clear the safe. When
you finally realised this, who are the best persons for you to check
with, wether some HONEST people had returned your things for you to
retrieve?

Sane and reasonable people would head to the hotel reception first, of
course. But then again, you do not belong to that category, do you?

--
Rkaru
"Heh...heh..."

ChingWha

Jul 26, 2005, 3:08:26 PM7/26/05
On 26 Jul 2005 07:22:51 -0700, "Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad"
<oth...@lycos.com> wrote:

>Dave Baker wrote:
>> On 22 Jul 2005 08:30:02 -0700, "Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad"
>> <oth...@lycos.com> wrote:
>>
>> >The case of a selfish fool, who tried to prosecute someone who uses his
>> >widely available network, which is left wide open for everyone to use
>> >without incurring extra costs.
>>
>> Just like that thing in the safe that you "used" instead of handing into lost
>> property like an honest man would?
>
>Indeed, if it is a lost property and there is a lost property reserved
>place.

I dunno much about Malaysia, but I never heard that people take things
out of a safe from a hotel, even though one does not know to whom it
belongs.
I would certainly never visit such hotels.
Does this reflect some kind of corrupt nature/mentality in Malaysia.

>Unfortunately it is not true in many cases, so anyone who thinks
>otherwise must be an utter idiot.

I doubt that. If people find something of value on the street
basically it should be handed over to the police, whatever the police
does with it. But I doubt many will do that, but that depends on the
mentality of the poeple.
I was in Sweden and lost my gloves in some village on the street.
I got them back at the local police station. Nice country.
But it may be so that it is commonly accepted, especially Malaysia,
that what people find on the streets the finder automatically will
take it as their possession.

However, I doubt that this is the case when one finds things in a
safe. By the way, what kind of hotel is that where you can nose into a
hotel's safe and asking about the items that basically does not belong
to you. May I ask, do you live in some African country?

Rkaru

Jul 26, 2005, 6:31:59 PM7/26/05
ChingWha wrote:
May I ask, do you live in some African country?

Bwahahahaha.... errr... on the other hand, you could be insulting that
African country.

--
Rkaru
"Heh...heh..."

Dave Baker

Jul 26, 2005, 8:58:10 PM7/26/05
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:08:26 +0200, ChingWha <Chin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Does this reflect some kind of corrupt nature/mentality in Malaysia.

No, only the corrupt nature/mentality of Haji.

Dave Baker

Jul 26, 2005, 9:00:09 PM7/26/05
On 26 Jul 2005 07:27:48 -0700, "Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad"
<oth...@lycos.com> wrote:

>> Haji seems to think that anything he "finds" belongs to him. He found
>> something in a hotel room safe once. Any honest man (and surely a Haji should
>> be the best example of one?) would take the items to the reception & hand
>> them into lost & found for return to original owner.
>
>Assuming that a reception or even the police knows how to return to the
>original owner.

It doesn't assume anything. The FACT is that you stole something.

>It opens up a very important debate on "the finder", "the keeper", and
>to expose the dishonesty and stupidity of many.

It doesn't open up any debate. The FACT is that you stole something.

And the worst part about it isn't that you stole something. The worst part
about it is that you aren't even ashamed, and even choose to gloat about it
in public. And still have the cheek to address yourself as Haji.

I think you need to go back for a refresher course, as you've obviously
forgotten the basic principles of your religion.

Lalusana@hotspot

Jul 26, 2005, 9:08:28 PM7/26/05

"Dave Baker" <newsgrou...@jodael.com> wrote in message

Yup... it stolen item... No matter what....

Gerald

Jul 26, 2005, 9:15:24 PM7/26/05
Lalusana@hotspot wrote:
> "Dave Baker" <newsgrou...@jodael.com> wrote in message
>
>>On 26 Jul 2005 07:27:48 -0700, "Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad"
>><oth...@lycos.com> wrote:
>>>It opens up a very important debate on "the finder", "the keeper", and
>>>to expose the dishonesty and stupidity of many.
>>
>>It doesn't open up any debate. The FACT is that you stole something.
>>
>>And the worst part about it isn't that you stole something. The worst part
>>about it is that you aren't even ashamed, and even choose to gloat about
>>it in public. And still have the cheek to address yourself as Haji.
>>

> Yup... it stolen item... No matter what....

One word: *THIEF!*

-g

S.H.Gan

Jul 27, 2005, 1:43:37 PM7/27/05
"Gerald" <stream...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> One word: *THIEF!*

*PENCURI!!!*

- Cintailah Bahasa Kita -

--
SH

dave chiew

Jul 27, 2005, 8:37:56 PM7/27/05

"PENCURI BOLEH !"

- Cintailah Bahasa DAN NEGARA Kita -

-dave chiew

Lalusana@hotspot

Jul 27, 2005, 9:54:12 PM7/27/05

"dave chiew" <dave_...@noplace.like.home> wrote in message

"SEMUA BOLEH"

Sayangi Keluarga....

Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad

Jul 28, 2005, 11:03:31 AM7/28/05

Indeed. Why didn't he?
SAne and resonable people will know that the receptionists know who the
present occupiers are, and we stayed there for many days, not just one
day.

Obviously you are certainly not one of the sane and resonable people
indeed.

> --
> Rkaru
> "Heh...heh..."

Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad

Jul 28, 2005, 11:28:43 AM7/28/05

ChingWha wrote:
> On 26 Jul 2005 07:22:51 -0700, "Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad"
> <oth...@lycos.com> wrote:

> I dunno much about Malaysia, but I never heard that people take things
> out of a safe from a hotel, even though one does not know to whom it
> belongs.
> I would certainly never visit such hotels.

I wonder if you have even seen any hotel safe at all.

> Does this reflect some kind of corrupt nature/mentality in Malaysia.

Only to ignorant fools.

> >Unfortunately it is not true in many cases, so anyone who thinks
> >otherwise must be an utter idiot.
> I doubt that. If people find something of value on the street
> basically it should be handed over to the police, whatever the police
> does with it. But I doubt many will do that, but that depends on the
> mentality of the poeple.

Malaysians will return valuables to people who can safely return the
items to the rightful owner. I don't know about other places.

I even discussed with a PDA shop owner how to return a damaged PDA
phone to the rightful owner although we can see the picture of the
owner.

The founder wanted it repaired but it will cost too much. We don't
advise the founder to return it because it will be too expensive and
troublesome for a damaged property especially when the founder is not a
rich man and in KL.

In Kota Kinabalu, people routinely return properties to Newspapers who
have reporters to trace the owners of the items.

In Sabah, our thieves can even be persuaded to return personal
identification, and even persuaded to risk detection by a second
contact because the owner cannot find out where exactly the thieves put
back the items.

I doubt you can find it that anywhere in the world.

> I was in Sweden and lost my gloves in some village on the street.
> I got them back at the local police station. Nice country.

The police station must have been told to keep found properties and
even have special sections for them. Not cheap to maintain and enforce.

However, I found my lost son at a Police Station in Singapore.

I'm sure, with luck, similar things will happen in Malaysia.

> But it may be so that it is commonly accepted, especially Malaysia,
> that what people find on the streets the finder automatically will
> take it as their possession.

Yes in a way. It is their right to keep them but people who have time
and money to spare are encouraged to place them in special places who
are willing to accept these lost items.

I've lost 2 items at a Shopping mall, that have little value to the
finders. A Dell PDA battery, which is rarely used in Kota Kinabalu.

Only a few days later, I got the idea to ask the information counter. I
doubt the finder will even think of returning the items to the
information counter when I myself didn't think of this idea.

The item is valuable to me so I tried to think hard, how people will
return the item. I never think of any police station because it is too
cumbersome for people to do that, and our nearest police station does
not have a lost and found section, prominently displayed.

Needless to say, I still cannot find my lost items. Probably the
cleaners must have thought that the items are damaged and throw them in
the dustbin.

I nearly thought that the found Wifi USB dongle was faulty until I
tested it a few weeks later.

> However, I doubt that this is the case when one finds things in a
> safe. By the way, what kind of hotel is that where you can nose into a
> hotel's safe and asking about the items that basically does not belong
> to you. May I ask, do you live in some African country?

I also wonder where you live?Or maybe, have you ever stayed in any 5/4
star hotel before?

The hotel I found the left item is at Nexus Karambunai Resort Hotel,
voted one of the best hotels in the world once before.

Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad

Jul 28, 2005, 11:31:29 AM7/28/05

Dave Baker wrote:
> On 26 Jul 2005 07:27:48 -0700, "Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad"
> <oth...@lycos.com> wrote:

> It doesn't assume anything. The FACT is that you stole something.

Your fact?

> >It opens up a very important debate on "the finder", "the keeper", and
> >to expose the dishonesty and stupidity of many.
>
> It doesn't open up any debate. The FACT is that you stole something.

No need for any debate?

> And the worst part about it isn't that you stole something. The worst part
> about it is that you aren't even ashamed, and even choose to gloat about it
> in public. And still have the cheek to address yourself as Haji.
>
> I think you need to go back for a refresher course, as you've obviously
> forgotten the basic principles of your religion.

Who is the religious person here?
You?

Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad

Jul 28, 2005, 11:33:28 AM7/28/05

Gerald wrote:

> > Yup... it stolen item... No matter what....
>
> One word: *THIEF!*

>From a proven criminal who steal people's identities and help spammers.

Criminals seem to think alike. No wonder.