ANOTHER HURRICANE IS COMING

noumsavan

Sep 19, 2005, 5:35:52 PM9/19/05
Sabaidee all,

Oh my Lord Buddha,please spare the people of Gulf coast.The hurt and
suffering are already overwhelmed. Now we're watching another tropical
storm heading this way and had a potential to become a hurricane
"RITA".

Please help us pray that this one is not as bad as Katrina.

Thank you all,

ຮັກແພງ

ໜຸ່ມສວັນ

ຜູ່ບ່າວລາວ

Sep 19, 2005, 6:15:43 PM9/19/05
noumsavan
ຮ໋ວຍ!!!!
ຊິໃຫ້ຂ້ອຍໄປຢູ່ໃສ ບາດນີ້ ເບິ່ງແຍງກັນເດີພວກເຮົາບາດນີ້. ຂ້ອຍຄືມີສະເໜແທ້ ລົມພາຍຸເບັດໃສ່ຕັ້ງແຕ່ຂ້ອຍຢູ່.
ວ່າຊິໄປຕຶກເບັດ ແລ້ວຈ້ອຍບໍ່ໄດ້ໄປຈ້ອຍບາດນີ້. ເບິ່ງຮູບພາຍຸ ທີ່ຈະຕຽມມາ
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/amerilao/rita.gif

ກາສາລາວ

Sep 19, 2005, 7:02:25 PM9/19/05
yeah...we all remember that sao katrina was just a tropical storm
before passing through the tip of florida and suddenly became a CAT1
hurricane and by the time it was a couple hundred miles from the gulf
coast it became a CAT5 hurricane because the water there is warmer than
usual. just curious as to why the water got warmer. global warming
perhaps???

now dubya has proposed federal money for Reconstruction probably close
to 200 BILLION dollars. how are we gonna pay for this? something has
got to go, right? like Medicare for the elderly. any cut into medicare
is bad for we all have parents and grand parents who depend on
medicare.

i have a bad feeling about this. whatever cut is gonna hurt the Elderly
and POOR not the rich. you all see my train of thought here?

--casalao

ຜູ່ບ່າວລາວ

Sep 19, 2005, 7:24:01 PM9/19/05
ມື້ນີ້ຂ້ອຍຫາກໍມາແຕ່ໄປລົມກັບພວກ ສະພາກາແດງ ທາງພວກເພີ່ນກໍຈະໄດ້ກັບແລ້ວ
ເພາະມາຊ່ວຍກໍເປັນເວລາດົນແລ້ວ ພວກອາສາສະມັກກໍຈະໄດ້ກັບບ້ານ ກັບເຮືອນ ແຕ່ພາຍຸລູກໃຫມ່ ຕາມມາເລີຍ
ພວກອາສາສະມັກເລີ່ມ ອອກກັບເຮືອນຕ່າງຣັຖແລ້ວ ເພາະບໍ່ມີໃຜຢາກຢູ່ນີ້ ລໍຖ້າພາຍຸລູກໃຫມ່ຈະມາ....
ຕາຍຄັກໆ Freeway ກໍມີບໍ່ກີ່ເສັ້ນທີ່ຈະອອກຈາກນີ້ ທັງຄົນ ອາສາສະມັກ ກາແດງ Salvation Army
ແລະພວກໄຟຟ້າ ພວກນ້ຳປາປາ ພວກກູ້ຊາກພຸພັງ ສະເພາະມາແຕ່ຕ່າງຣັຖກໍມີຫລາຍໝື່ນຄົນ ແລະຄົນຈາກຣັຖ
ລຸຍເຊັຽນາ ຂຶ້ນມາປະສົມ ຄົນຢູ່ຣັຖ ມີຊີຊິບປີ ອີກ ຫົນທາງອອກກໍບໍ່ມີກີ່ເສັ້ນ ປາດທີ່ໂທ! ບາດນີ້ຫລະ ເຈົ້າເຫັນ
ໂຕກົບໂຕຂຽດລົງໜອງບໍ? Freeway ທຸກເສັ້ນຕ້ອງກາຍເປັນ Parking Lot. ນ້ຳມັນແພງ
ແລະເຖິງຂັ້ນບໍ່ມີອີກ...
ແຖວຂ້ອຍໄປລົມກັບ ອສ ຕ່າງຣັຖໃນ ມີຊີຊິບປີ ແມ່ນເຂົາຈະເລີ່ມອອກເດີນທາງ ໃນຄືນນີ້.
ແລະຖ້າເຮືອບິນທະຫານ ບໍ່ພໍ ຄົນຈະອອກແນວໃດ ໃຫ້ເໝິດ. ທະຫານ ອາເມຣິກາ ທະຫານຕ່າງຊາດ
ເຕັມກັນຢູ່ທີ່ນີ້.... ຕະຕິ່ງໜ່ອຍ!!!! ເປັນ Salad Bowl ແນ່ນອນ...

noumsavan

Sep 19, 2005, 7:48:49 PM9/19/05
Sabaidee Phoubaolao,

If the forecast eye path is as accurated as most of the time, look like
I'll get hit this time (central part of Louisiana).
I am starting to worry now. Let's keep our fingers crossed at this
moment.
Will try to inform everybody if she comes this way.
( "RITA", Would you please be nice to us...)

Thank you

ໜຸ່ມສວັນ

ຜູ່ບ່າວລາວ

Sep 19, 2005, 8:10:04 PM9/19/05
noumsavan
Yeab! It looks a like but anyway keep ready to pack stuffs. Can not
trust ugly Hurricane. Main thing, withdraw cash from the bank first.
That's most important. Like last time of Katrina before she was here...
All cash in ATMs gone, All banks ran out of cash two days before
hurricane touch down. That's bad for people planning to move out off
town. That's why many people got stock in town of Mississippi.
Important thing should be done first, Noumsavanh. Hope NOT in our area
again.
To me, I will withdraw cash tomorrow about a grand; I won't do like last
time. Credit card could not buy gas, food even motel during the run. All
gas stations only accept cash, every thing pay in cash. No more cash is
no more choice... That's my experiences from Katrina.
Watch news very close, Noumsavanh. I will do the same.
HK
PBL

noumsavan

Sep 19, 2005, 8:55:02 PM9/19/05
Thank you for your advise Baolao.
I'll start tomorrow. Anything else,please let me know. This will be my
first experience after Lily a couple of years ago(power outage three
days).

Thanks again,

ໜຸ່ມສວັນ

ຜູ່ບ່າວລາວ

Sep 20, 2005, 2:26:22 PM9/20/05

Keys residents told to 'hunker down'

MIAMI, Florida  -- Hurricane Rita strengthened to a Category 2 storm Tuesday as it pounded the Florida Keys with heavy rain and strong wind.

A reconnaissance aircraft measured maximum sustained winds of 100 mph. Category 2 storms have winds of 96-110 mph (154-177 kph).

At 11 a.m. ET, the storm was centered 75 miles (120 kilometers) southeast of Key West and 100 miles east-northeast of Havana, Cuba.

Rita was moving to the west at 15 mph (24 kph) , with hurricane-force winds extending out 30 miles (48 kilometers) from its center. The storm had been moving to the north-northwest.

Thousands of residents of the Florida Keys have moved to safer territory ahead of the storm, but officials said Tuesday those who remain should not try to leave now.

"If you've not left the Keys, stay where you are," Gov. Jeb Bush said in a briefing on the hurricane.

"Now is the time to hunker down. As we say, 'Turn around, don't drown,' " he added.

drsouk

Sep 20, 2005, 2:43:56 PM9/20/05
dont panic, god is on our side.

ຜູ່ບ່າວລາວ

Sep 20, 2005, 2:52:21 PM9/20/05
Galveston calls for voluntary evacuations
Tuesday, September 20, 2005;

GALVESTON, Texas  -- Taking a cue from the suffering in New Orleans, officials called for a voluntary evacuation of this island city as Hurricane Rita threatened to slam into the Texas Coast by this weekend.

Officials also took steps to fly some Hurricane Katrina refugees in Texas shelters to Arkansas.

This month marks the 105th anniversary of the hurricane that wiped out Galveston in one of the deadliest natural disasters in U.S. history. An estimated 8,000 people were killed.

Rita, approaching the Florida Keys, was upgraded to a hurricane Tuesday morning when sustained wind reached 75 mph.

Gov. Rick Perry on Monday recalled all emergency personnel helping with recovery from Hurricane Katrina to prepare for Rita, including almost 1,200 Texas National Guard members.

"We're preparing for potential inland flooding and tornadoes by prepositioning water rescue teams," governor's office spokeswoman Kathy Walt said Tuesday.

Authorities stressed that those fleeing the coastal area should bypass Houston, which Mayor Bill White noted could lose power and is prone to flooding, and drive on to Dallas, San Antonio or Austin.

Harris County Judge Robert Eckels warned that the Houston Astrodome, which temporarily sheltered tens of thousands of Katrina refugees, could not be used if a storm headed that way because of its glass roof.

Katrina refugees still in Houston-area shelters were to be flown on commercial airliners to Arkansas starting Tuesday afternoon. Many evacuees have moved from shelters to private housing.

"We could potentially be looking at taking an enormous amount of people from Houston," Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said. "We're going to have to prepare in the event. It would tax us if we had to, but we would do it."

Arkansas is home to about 50,000 Katrina evacuees, most of them staying with friends and relatives.

Officials in Galveston, which is about 40 miles southeast of Houston, said residents should begin leaving Tuesday.

"Today is boarding up and decision day for Galvestonians," city spokeswoman Mary Jo Naschke said Tuesday morning.

Buses were to begin running Tuesday for people who can't leave on their own, taking them to shelters about 100 miles north in Huntsville. About 250 people had made reservations for the bus as of noon Monday, Naschke said.

Residents may take pets in cages along on the buses, Mayor Lyda Ann Thomas said. "We found that so many people didn't want to leave New Orleans because they didn't want to leave their pets behind," she said.

Officials said a mandatory evacuation could be ordered if Rita strengthens into a Category 3 hurricane, with wind of up to 130 mph and the potential to create flooding up to 8 miles inland.

The approaching storm was affecting offshore oil operations hobbled by Katrina damage. Chevron Corp., Shell Oil and BP all began evacuating employees.

ຜູ່ບ່າວລາວ

Sep 20, 2005, 2:57:06 PM9/20/05
drsouk wrote:
dont panic, god is on our side.
Thank you

ຜູ່ບ່າວລາວ

Sep 21, 2005, 12:11:52 AM9/21/05
As Hurricane Rita entered the Gulf of Mexico on Tuesday -- and with
predictions that it will reach Category 4 status Wednesday -- the mayor
of Galveston, Texas, declared a state of emergency and ordered some
mandatory evacuations. Galveston is at the center of Rita's predicted
possible landfalls, and one forecast track has the city suffering a
direct hit. Rita pounded southern Florida and the Keys with wind and
rain Tuesday but did not make official landfall.

Joe Fukawe

Sep 21, 2005, 12:28:49 AM9/21/05
I was very fortunate to never have this kind of experience...all the
states that I've lived in the US are pretty much natural disaster
free...well, earthquake here and ther in CA but nothing major...it's
time to move away from the Hurricane Alleys area folks...now you know
why homes are so cheap and home insurance are so high...

Take cover for those in the affected area..

Joe

ຜູ່ບ່າວລາວ

Sep 21, 2005, 1:11:49 AM9/21/05

Are you Preparing Nousavanh?

Louisiana braces for Rita

Governor asks for federal emergency declaration

BATON ROUGE, Louisiana  -- Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco asked President Bush to declare an emergency for her state Tuesday ahead of Hurricane Rita's arrival somewhere on the Gulf Coast.

Earlier, Blanco declared a state of emergency for parishes in the southwestern portion of her state and urged residents to be prepared to head north on short notice.

Rita, a Category 2 storm, continued to strengthen as it entered the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico after it passed through the narrow Straits of Florida between Key West and Cuba.

ຜູ່ບ່າວລາວ

Sep 21, 2005, 12:20:14 PM9/21/05
Along the Texas and storm-shattered Louisiana coasts, residents and
emergency officials are bracing for Hurricane Rita, a powerful Category
4 storm churning in the Gulf of Mexico. Houston Mayor Bill White today
called on residents in low-lying areas and those living in mobile homes
to "begin making their evacuation plans." Rita is about 755 miles
east-southeast of Corpus Christi, Texas, with top winds of 140 mph.

ຜູ່ບ່າວລາວ

Sep 21, 2005, 12:31:57 PM9/21/05

Rita grows to Category 4 hurricane

Evacuations ordered ahead of major storm

Wednesday, September 21, 2005; Posted: 11:40 a.m.

MIAMI, Florida -- Authorities in Texas and along the storm-shattered coast of Louisiana braced Wednesday for Hurricane Rita, as the powerful Category 4 storm picked up strength in the Gulf of Mexico.

The warm Gulf waters were fueling the storm, which has maximum sustained winds of 140 mph (225 kph).

The latest extended forecast from the National Hurricane Center predicted that Rita would likely make landfall Saturday somewhere on the Texas Gulf coast, but said it could hit Louisiana or northern Mexico.

SOKDEE

Sep 21, 2005, 3:12:58 PM9/21/05
I've heard moslum said it is the punishment from Allar. Punished US
for invaded Irag.

Vanh

Sep 21, 2005, 6:45:53 PM9/21/05
Sure, it's the force of nature rumbling around with a bunch of air
circulatory pressure to create this devastating trajectory purely
ramdom and striking where and when as its pleases right at the peak of
second Bush dynasty, even though this whole coindence with Bush
Dynasty may sound like a science fiction of some bad taste, but the
sequence of events that although accidental seems to have been planned
or arranged by another dimension outer space with a watchful big eye
who is willing to teach the first tiny lesson to this pair of father
and son. Remember of the Andrew discontent a few years back aftermath
of that biblical ravage to Bush senior's ignorant reputation for lack
of total sensitivity toward the total distressed people, and now to the
son's incompetent reputation of the same fate. Nothing can't be
dismissed enter these two correlations which have occurred in the
corridor of this once French conquested territory taken from native 's
blood filtthy with curses from which New Orleans a city in the image of
"Nouvel Orleans" according to Louis the XIV, has to be builtt on a mash
of sinking ship, not only the ship is sinking with agony beneath the
sea level little by little, but also will bear the brunt of another
envoy with overwhelming whirling force named Katrina, a name already
written on the wall of that dark age...And now something comes as total
surprise according to the calendar cursed book, is Rita the terrible,
on her way yet to teach another lesson to the son dynasty. It's not
good for any presage interpreter to confront what it seems to be "you
fool me once and you fool twice" with this overdue dynasty, well, we
can see the day is numbered now, even God is pretty damned sure on the
nature's side....Only one unpalatable truth about this whole curse is
the suffering of the victims at the mercy of this cursed dynasty.

SOKDEE

Sep 22, 2005, 2:31:57 AM9/22/05

Hurricane is the power of god. There is nothing can stop it. It is
purely the power of god. Why keep on punishing USA this year? Where
is the lord Budddha? Please stop this monster. I am praying for those
in Taxes and for those that might get hit. May lord buddha bless them.
Satu satu.

ຜູ່ບ່າວລາວ

Sep 22, 2005, 2:41:59 AM9/22/05
SOKDEE
She punches me left and right finally Katrina just hit at my face. Now,
Rita is on the way. I expect to fly back to Laos soon. I can't stand
at this. left and right then at nose... Ounch.... Even Rita I don't
trust her she can move or swing her arm to hit me again. This year I am
bad luck... ໂຊກຕ່າງລ່າງ ຊາຕາກ່າຕ່າງລ່າງ...
PBL