Importation of vehicle to Laos, Do ,or Don't??????????????

l...@laoclub.zzn.com

Oct 6, 2005, 12:40:28 PM10/6/05
I've heard that some people import vehicle from the U.S to Laos, has
anybody else heard this? If it possible to import, I would. But what is
the importation tax will be though, if it taxes based on the vehicle
price, can we have the people that we buy the car from write a low sale
price invoice on it. Will that work, or just go buy a cheap second hand
Hyundai in Laos?

zins...@hotmail.com

Oct 6, 2005, 1:37:41 PM10/6/05
it better to buy a 2nd hand in laos.

a] imported vehicle has one major disadvantage. cost spare parts.

it is very difficult to find locally in laos therefore you have to
import this as well.

there are plenty of brand and 2nd on the market in laos and spare parts
too.

b] the imported vehicle particularly from america just burn gas so damn
fast.

paxas...@yahoo.com

Oct 6, 2005, 5:39:05 PM10/6/05
Sabaidee.

can we have the people that we buy the car from write a low sale
price invoice on it. Will that work

Laos has blue book to go by too .

PXL4LIFE.

Mimo

Oct 7, 2005, 3:07:40 AM10/7/05
Like anywhere in the world, low value on invoice will not help, lao
officers are also literate and know more or less of how much each
vehicle costs in other countries.

Yes, easy way is to buy a car in Laos though a registered company, you
don't need to drive a hyundai, you can have whatever brand new car as
your money will effort. If you do it by yourself, you will have to
spend lots of effort in clearence works and the cost will even be
higher unless you have a very solid connection up there.
Hamnoi

dougismooth

Oct 7, 2005, 5:35:57 AM10/7/05
Laoclub,

My uncle used to do car import business but no more. Like everyone
stated above. The tax is 150% of the car price. The Lao custom
officers do not trust the low price tag any more and they make up their
own estimation which will profit their pockets.

I used to want to do that, export cars to Laos. Sometimes in Japan,
people give the old cars away rather that paying to get rid of it. It
is a common practice that people only expect to drive their cars for
ten years, after that; it's trash or give away to middle east Arabs,
Thailand, Australia and elswhere. I plan to keep my Z3 Roadster as
long as it can run.

Now my uncle buys his cars from dealers within Laos.

Try new rout Laoclub, and good luck.

Dougi Smooth

tsee...@wapda.com

Oct 7, 2005, 5:37:10 AM10/7/05
l...@laoclub.zzn.com ,

That type of business is hard to do, too many regulations; you, even,
have to pump air befere you ride. I suggest you to export the type of
vehicle that you ride before you pump air, no taxes, no gas, just pump!
pump! pump! The more you pump the faster it goes. Hiiiiii..Hahahaaaaa

TseemYeej.

l...@laoclub.zzn.com

Oct 10, 2005, 9:38:32 AM10/10/05
Folks, I'm not trying to run that kind of business. I was trying to
import it for personal use, but since it's just difficult, I'm just
gonna give up all together. The brand new vehicle from the dealer in
Laos is like 20% more expensive that the US. For example, the
Landcruiser in the US cost about $50,000, but in Laos is around
$70,000. That is $20,000 different, quite alot of money. This is from
what I heard, I didn't actually go to the Toyota dealer and ask. If
those who have asked the dealers in Laos about price quote, please
share that with me here.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

l...@laoclub.zzn.com

Oct 10, 2005, 11:08:39 AM10/10/05
Oh really, if I have to import just a spare part, I might have just my
me a used car in Laos. How much does it cost to import a vehicle with
out engine? That sound very unwise to me to ship an old non-working
vehicle. Well, it's good that my wife wanna go live there 55555....