Unabashed joke

1 view

Art Werschulz

Nov 12, 2002, 9:38:15 AM11/12/02
Hi all.

Heard from a friend ...

A woman went to the Post Office to buy stamps for her Chanukah cards.
"What denomination?" asked the clerk.

"Oh, good heavens! Have we come to this?" replied the woman. "Well,
give me 50 Conservative, 2 Orthodox, and 37 Reform ones."

--
Art Werschulz (8-{)} "Metaphors be with you." -- bumper sticker
GCS/M (GAT): d? -p+ c++ l u+(-) e--- m* s n+ h f g+ w+ t++ r- y?

Jonathan J. Baker

Nov 12, 2002, 3:59:35 PM11/12/02
In <> Art Werschulz <a...@cs.columbia.edu> writes:

>A woman went to the Post Office to buy stamps for her Chanukah cards.

s/Chanukah/Christmas/

>"What denomination?" asked the clerk.

>"Oh, good heavens! Have we come to this?" replied the woman. "Well,
>give me 50 Conservative, 2 Orthodox, and 37 Reform ones."

s/Conservative/Catholic/; s/Reform/Protestant/

IOW, I doubt this was originally Jewish.

--
Jonathan Baker | Marches-wan, marches-two,
jjb...@panix.com | March the months all through and through

Eliyahu Rooff

Nov 12, 2002, 9:14:39 PM11/12/02

"Jonathan J. Baker" <jjb...@panix.com> wrote in message

> In <> Art Werschulz <a...@cs.columbia.edu> writes:
>
> >A woman went to the Post Office to buy stamps for her Chanukah cards.
>
> s/Chanukah/Christmas/
>
> >"What denomination?" asked the clerk.
>
> >"Oh, good heavens! Have we come to this?" replied the woman. "Well,
> >give me 50 Conservative, 2 Orthodox, and 37 Reform ones."
>
> s/Conservative/Catholic/; s/Reform/Protestant/
>
> IOW, I doubt this was originally Jewish.

I first heard it in a Xtian context, but either way it's funny.

Eliyahu