AIPAC live?

mm

Mar 21, 2016, 5:24:50 PM3/21/16

This

http://www.c-span.org/video/?406949-102/republican-presidential-candidates-aipac-annual-conference

Or this is labeled as a live feed from the AIPAC con

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/21/11276204/donald-trump-aipac-how-to-watch

Or here, according to the URL above, but I can't find it:

http://www.policyconference.org/index.asp

Trump will begin his lying at 5 PM EDT. It's not been announced
whether or not he will slander any ethnic groups or mock the
handicapped at that time.

Yisroel Markov

Mar 22, 2016, 12:34:50 PM3/22/16
On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 21:32:21 +0000 (UTC), mm <mm2...@bigfoot.com>
said:
Much faster to read speeches than listen to them.

All AIPAC speeches are proof positive that the Jewish lobby runs
America, as evidenced by this Progressive comment:
-------------------------------

Critics Aghast at 'Disgusting Speech' Clinton Just Gave to AIPAC

Democratic presidential candidate speech praises "everything that is
bad about Israeli policy and U.S. imperialism"

Palestinian and human rights advocates were aghast over remarks made
by Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton at the annual
American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) convention on Monday,
saying that her speech represented "everything that is bad" with U.S.
imperialism and policy in the Middle East.
http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/03/21/critics-aghast-disgusting-speech-clinton-just-gave-aipac

Here are the raw materials:

Clinton speech:
www.time.com/4265947/hillary-clinton-aipac-speech-transcript/
Trump speech:
www.time.com/4267058/donald-trump-aipac-speech-transcript/

Cruz and Kasich spoke too, but apparently no one bothered to
transcribe. Here's a recap:
http://hotair.com/archives/2016/03/21/trump-and-cruz-at-aipac/

Sanders didn't speak at AIPAC:
------------------------------

Though Bernie Sanders was the only presidential candidate credited for
skipping the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC)
convention in Washington, D.C. on Monday, he gave a speech on the
campaign trail in Utah which he says is the same one he would have
given to the powerful pro-Israel lobbyists and their allies if he had
attended.

Compared to the speeches given by Democratic rival Hillary Clinton and
the remaining Republican candidates — Donald Trump, Gov. John Kasich,
and Sen. Ted Cruz — Sanders embraced ideas otherwise missing,
including: resuming Israeli-Palestinian peace talks; championing the
nuclear deal between major powers and Iran as a positive development
for both Israeli and regional security; making military options in the
Middle East a last resort; and emphasizing the need to understand the
legitimate needs of Palestinians in terms of human rights, equal
treatment, and international law.

Full article at
http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/03/22/what-sanders-would-have-told-aipac-which-he-talked-about-palestinian-rights
--
Yisroel "Godwrestler Warriorson" Markov - Boston, MA Member
www.reason.com -- for a sober analysis of the world DNRC

mm

Mar 22, 2016, 3:05:20 PM3/22/16
On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 16:42:21 +0000 (UTC), Yisroel Markov
<ey.m...@MUNGiname.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 21:32:21 +0000 (UTC), mm <mm2...@bigfoot.com>
>said:
>

>>This
>>
>>http://www.c-span.org/video/?406949-102/republican-presidential-candidates-aipac-annual-conference
>>
>>Or this is labeled as a live feed from the AIPAC con
>>
>>http://www.vox.com/2016/3/21/11276204/donald-trump-aipac-how-to-watch
>
>Much faster to read speeches than listen to them.

Maybe, but it omits tone of voice and audience reaction.

However later, I happened to turn on C-Span radio for the final part
of Hillary's speech and all of Joe Biden's. I liked them both,
especially his.

Even though he's not running for office anymore, he brought his wife,
daughter-in-law, and two grandchildren with him on his trip to Israel
a few days ago. The news mentioned that he was meeting with
??someone while a terrorist was stabbing people only a mile away, but
it didnt' say that his family was only a half-mile away from the
stabber, having dinner on the beach. Of course a half-mile is a long
way, in a way, but it's close enough to cause one to think.

I think I heard him at AIPAC last year too, or some previous year, but
this year when I think he has nothing to gain, I didn't have my
standard doubts about politicians' sincerity. Also because of other
things he said. I wish he had run for Prez. I would have voted
for him 8 years ago too. I said that then.

BTW, he mentioned that there were 18,700 people at this year's
conference. Wow!

>All AIPAC speeches are proof positive that the Jewish lobby runs
>America, as evidenced by this Progressive comment:
>-------------------------------
>
>Critics Aghast at 'Disgusting Speech' Clinton Just Gave to AIPAC
>
>Democratic presidential candidate speech praises "everything that is
>bad about Israeli policy and U.S. imperialism"

Their flaw is already apparent. To whatever extent it's true,
Hillary's not in favor of US imperialism because of what Jews want.
There have long been loads of Americans in favor of "US imperialism"
and Jews had nothing to do with it. But for the same reasons,
Americans support the American policies which are called that, they
are not turned off by and even support Israel. Plus the US gets a
lot from the Israel relationship.

>Palestinian and human rights advocates were aghast over remarks made

I'm aghast that ... Oh, I misread it and thought it said Palestinian
human rights advocates, and I wondered why none of them were
complaining when Hamas etc. violated the rights of Israelis.

But they are listed as two different groups, and I already know about
the bias of the non-Arab "human rights advocates".

>by Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton at the annual
>American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) convention on Monday,
>saying that her speech represented "everything that is bad" with U.S.
>imperialism and policy in the Middle East.
>http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/03/21/critics-aghast-disgusting-speech-clinton-just-gave-aipac
>

>Here are the raw materials:
>
>Clinton speech:
>www.time.com/4265947/hillary-clinton-aipac-speech-transcript/
>Trump speech:
>www.time.com/4267058/donald-trump-aipac-speech-transcript/
>
>Cruz and Kasich spoke too, but apparently no one bothered to
>transcribe. Here's a recap:

I heard Kasich was going to speak, but later I think I heard he
wasn't. ??

>http://hotair.com/archives/2016/03/21/trump-and-cruz-at-aipac/
>
>Sanders didn't speak at AIPAC:
>------------------------------
>
>Though Bernie Sanders was the only presidential candidate credited for

I don't credit him for that.

What does it mean? That he's ceding the Jewish Democratic vote to
Hillary, it seems.

>skipping the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC)
>convention in Washington, D.C. on Monday, he gave a speech on the
>campaign trail in Utah which he says is the same one he would have
>given to the powerful pro-Israel lobbyists and their allies if he had
>attended.

I would have liked to have seen that.

>Compared to the speeches given by Democratic rival Hillary Clinton and
>the remaining Republican candidates — Donald Trump, Gov. John Kasich,
>and Sen. Ted Cruz — Sanders embraced ideas otherwise missing,
>including: resuming Israeli-Palestinian peace talks; championing the
>nuclear deal between major powers and Iran as a positive development
>for both Israeli and regional security;

For all I know, it might have been true that the US could have gotten
a better deal from Iran. But:

a) it was too late to renegotiate after the deal had been made. All
the demonstrations at that time, even the one i went to which must
have had more than 1000 people, were for naught.

b) if we got a bad deal, it doesn't say anthing bad about Pres.
Obama's relationship to Israel. It's far more likely it just says
something about his ability to negotiate. The relevant fact, that no
reporter or pundit that I heard mentioned, is that Obama had been
strongly criticized even in his first two years by Democrats
themselves for not getting as good a deal as he should have from
Republicans. When he was negotiating for the Democrats and himself,
did anyone think he did not really support the Democrats and himself?

That doesn't at all mean the blowhard trump would have gotten a better
deal, despite his empty claims. Reporters asked him how he would
build a wall against Mexico and he answered "I'd get the best people",
which is other words for "I don't know."

> making military options in the
>Middle East a last resort; and emphasizing the need to understand the
>legitimate needs of Palestinians in terms of human rights, equal
>treatment, and international law.
>
>Full article at
>http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/03/22/what-sanders-would-have-told-aipac-which-he-talked-about-palestinian-rights

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/aipac-trump-slams-obama-221081

AIPAC president Lillian Pinkus read a statement from the stage on
Tuesday to disavow Trump’s remarks. [the attacks on President Obama]

“We say unequivocally that we do not countenance ad hominem attacks,
and we take great offense to those that are levied against the United
States of America from our stage,” Pinkus said. “While we may have
policy differences, we deeply respect the office of the president of
the United States and our president, Barack Obama.”

She also castigated attendees who responded positively to Trump’s
comments.

“There are people in our AIPAC family who were deeply hurt last night,
and for that, we are deeply sorry,” Pinkus said. “We are disappointed
that so many people applauded a sentiment that we neither agree with
or condone.”....

"Trump’s speech at AIPAC put the group in an awkward position for many
reasons. His harsh rhetoric has prompted consternation among American
Jews, many of whom see echoes of Holocaust-era anti-Semitism in his
attacks on Muslims and immigrants."

cindys

Mar 22, 2016, 5:43:54 PM3/22/16
On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 3:05:20 PM UTC-4, mm wrote:
snip

> >Though Bernie Sanders was the only presidential candidate credited for skipping >> the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC)
>convention in Washington, D.C. on Monday
>
> I don't credit him for that.
>
> What does it mean? That he's ceding the Jewish Democratic vote to
> Hillary, it seems.

I don't think that's necessarily what it means. He may have thought his time resources could be put to better use elsewhere. Or maybe he wanted to avoid a political quagmire because his feelings regarding Israel are equivocal.

> >skipping the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC)
> >convention in Washington, D.C. on Monday, he gave a speech on the
> >campaign trail in Utah which he says is the same one he would have
> >given to the powerful pro-Israel lobbyists and their allies if he had
> >attended.
>
> I would have liked to have seen that.
>
> >Compared to the speeches given by Democratic rival Hillary Clinton and
> >the remaining Republican candidates -- Donald Trump, Gov. John Kasich,
> >and Sen. Ted Cruz -- Sanders embraced ideas otherwise missing,
> >including: resuming Israeli-Palestinian peace talks; championing the
> >nuclear deal between major powers and Iran as a positive development
> >for both Israeli and regional security;

*and emphasizing the need to understand the legitimate needs of Palestinians in terms of human rights, equal treatment, and international law.*

And what exactly does that mean? Just because Bernie Sanders is Jewish doesn't mean that he's intrinsically a big supporter of Israel. Years ago, he said "No guns for Israel," and I have read that his brother is a big BDS supporter in the UK. More than once, Bernie has expressed a desire to engage in more dialogue with Iran. At at least one debate, Hillary pointed out that he would be "putting Iran on Israel's doorstep," and Bernie countered with a statement that he saw engagement with Iran as an eventual, not immediate, goal.

While I'm not asserting that Sanders is anti Israel, my impression is that he sees Israelis and Palestinians as being equally culpable for the problems in the Middle East (on the basis of the above statement, if nothing else). I just don't think he's particularly pro Israel.

I have now watched the vast majority of all the Democratic (and Republican) debates, and I personally have never heard Bernie express any strong support for Israel, whereas I have heard Hillary, Cruz, and Rubio all express unequivocal strong support for Israel. Kasich, I can't recall, and Trump...well...If someone has heard Bernie express strong support for Israel, I would be happily open to correction on this point. A number of political analysts have identified Bernie as a relative isolationist and have stated that his isolationist approach is one characteristic he has in common with Donald Trump.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

SolomonW

Mar 23, 2016, 8:26:26 AM3/23/16
On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 21:51:27 +0000 (UTC), cindys wrote:

> I have now watched the vast majority of all the Democratic (and Republican) debates, and I personally have never heard Bernie express any strong support for Israel, whereas I have heard Hillary, Cruz, and Rubio all express unequivocal strong support for Israel. Kasich, I can't recall, and Trump...well...If someone has heard Bernie express strong support for Israel, I would be happily open to correction on this point. A number of political analysts have identified Bernie as a relative isolationist and have stated that his isolationist approach is one characteristic he has in common with Donald Trump.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

I have not been following so I cannot assess this article but it has a ring
of truth to it.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/bernie-sanders-doesnt-talk-jewish/