Reaching Out To Japan

Abel

Mar 15, 2011, 12:19:08 AM3/15/11
I live in America, which I think is the most beautiful country in the
world, because it's the most diverse country in the world. And the
college that I graduated from, Truman College (in Chicago, Illinois),
also happens to be the most diverse college in all of America. What
was so utterly fascinating about my college is that I got a chance to
interact with people from every single part of the world, from the
Middle East to Europe, Russia, Asia, Africa, e.t.c. But there is one
group of people who I think stood up far above the rest, the
Japanese. I met one Japanese lady, who was absolutely the nicest, the
most beautiful and the most intelligent human being I ever met in my
life. She finished her studies and went right back to Japan.

When I graduated, the dean of my college did something he was not
supposed to do, he pasted on the school walls all the students' names,
and the grades they received (thus violating privacy laws). I took
advantage of the situation and browsed thru the whole list, and I
couldn't help but notice that all of the top grades were attached to
Japanese names. I kept browsing thru the list of straight A students,
and they were all Japanese. The single smartest group of students
were the Japanese students, in this college full of students who came
from every country of every part of the world.

As it turns out, one out of every one hundred Japanese is classified a
genius. But one out of every one thousand Americans is classified a
genius.

If there are any Japanese people reading this, I want to say that I'm
absolutely heartbroken over the horrible catastrophes unfolding right
now in Japan, with the tsunami, earthquakes and nuclear meltdown. If
there is any way I can help, let me know. I live alone in a large 3
bedroom house (which I own, and it's fully paid for), and I also work
at a Fortune 500 company that happens to employ quite a few Japanese
nationals anyways. If there are any Japanese citizens who understand
English and want to correspond with me, via Facebook, if you pay for
your plane ticket to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, then I will be glad to
sponsor you, and even let you stay with me, and then even help you
find work here. And if you want to go back to Japan after things
return to normal later on, then that would be fine too. You can
contact me via Facebook, by going to this link:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Abel-Malcolm/100001661133727

mtfe...@netmapsonscape.net

Mar 19, 2011, 9:16:11 PM3/19/11
In soc.culture.japan.moderated Abel <abelm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I graduated, the dean of my college did something he was not
> supposed to do, he pasted on the school walls all the students' names,
> and the grades they received (thus violating privacy laws). I took
> advantage of the situation and browsed thru the whole list, and I
> couldn't help but notice that all of the top grades were attached to
> Japanese names. I kept browsing thru the list of straight A students,
> and they were all Japanese. The single smartest group of students
> were the Japanese students, in this college full of students who came
> from every country of every part of the world.

> As it turns out, one out of every one hundred Japanese is classified a
> genius. But one out of every one thousand Americans is classified a
> genius.

Remember, people studying overseas tend to be near the top of their
academic class to begin with.

MIke