Post-quake discriminately blackout in Kanto region, Japan

RoshTheWalker

Mar 20, 2011, 1:03:37 PM3/20/11
I would like that people in the world know how discriminately post-
quake power blackout in Kanto-region (Tokyo and several prefectures
around it) is applied. First of all, the major part of Tokyo
metropolitan area including predominantly residential area is exempted
from this blackout. Tokyo is the core of Japanese economy and thus the
place should be exempted. (It wasn't said this clearly, though) Um...
Understandable, though with a mixed feeling. But, why excluding
residential areas? Then there are some strange places outside of
Tokyo metropolitan area where blackout (Let me call it Discriminately
Applied Blackout; DAB) is also not applied while the areas even having
medical facilities in them are experiencing blackout for several hours
every day. No explanations why those strange places are exempted.
One of the interesting facts is that some of these strange places are
officially in DAB zone. Some people are arguing that those are places
where politicians are living. We do not know how the DAB exempted zone
is selected. The electric company and the government disclose nothing
about this strange DAB exempted zone. We absolutely have no say
regarding the schedule, or the way DAB is conducted although we could
contribute to lessen adverse effect on us. Naturally we can't ask a
simple question why we alone have to shoulder entire burden. Its just
a simple elementally school math that if we increase the number of
those who shoulder burden, the burden on individual person will be
lessened. We also expect that this DAB will be applied during the
summer that might results heat wave deaths. We did have considerable
number of heat death last summer, by the way.

For the unknown reason traditional media in Japan is pretty much
silent about this strange discriminately undemocratic practice. It
might be because they need to report lots of devastating results
caused by Tunami, mess of nuke reactors, or, gasp, because of the
simple fact that they are located in DAB exempted zone. Don't know
which, really. I really want to see foreign media spending a little
bit effort to dig into this undemocratic practice and reveal it under
the sun to see everyone in the world.

I could mourn for those who lost their lives and try to help those who
were left nothing but themselves. But it is like this

Those who suffered in devastated area "Its hard but let's help each
other and work together!"
DAB exempted zone: "Its nice that our area is exempted from blackout.
Its cold today. Lets turn on heater"
There is a plan to have night baseball game on 29th of this month in
the heart of DAB exempted zone and that is not even a charity game.

Welcome to the Banana Republic of Japan