'Separate laws for Muslims' idea slammed (Sweden)

Heinrich

Apr 28, 2006, 1:21:19 PM4/28/06
Sweden's largest Muslim organisation has demanded that Sweden introduce
separate laws for Muslims, according to Swedish television. Sweden's
equality minister Jens Orback called the proposals "completely
unacceptable".

The Swedish Muslim Association, which represents around 70,000 Muslims in
Sweden, has sent a letter to all Sweden's main political parties suggesting
a number of reforms, SVT's Rapport programme reported.

The proposals include allowing imams into state (public) schools to give
Muslim children separate lessons in Islam and their parents' native
languages. The letter also said that boys and girls should have separate
swimming lessons and that divorces between Muslims should be approved by an
imam.

The letter provoked an instant, and damning, response from integration and
equality minister Jens Orback.

"We will not have separate laws in Sweden. In Sweden, we are all equal
before the law. In Sweden, we have fought for a long time to achieve
gender-neutral laws, and to propose that certain groups should not be
treated like others is completely unacceptable."

Orback said he had spoken to representatives of the Swedish Muslim Council,
and they did not support the association's position.

"We have freedom of speech, we have the right to opinions and we have the
right to make proposals - but if a law is going to be changed, it must be
the same for everyone."

Asked whether the proposal plays into the hands of racists, Orback said that
it did.

"I think it is very problematic and unfortunate that people who have been in
Sweden for so long make proposals such as this that are so opposed to our
intentions, when we are fighting for women's rights and the right to
divorce," Orback replied.

Liberal Party leader Lars Leijonborg also slammed the idea of separate laws.

"Sweden has equality between men and women. To introduce exceptions for
Muslims so that women can be oppressed with the support of the law is
completely unacceptable to me," Liberal leader Lars Leijonborg wrote in a
statement.

Evron

Apr 28, 2006, 2:06:44 PM4/28/06

Heinrich wrote:

> The proposals include allowing imams into state (public) schools to give
> Muslim children separate lessons in Islam and their parents' native
> languages. The letter also said that boys and girls should have separate
> swimming lessons and that divorces between Muslims should be approved by an
> imam.
>
> "We will not have separate laws in Sweden. In Sweden, we are all equal
> before the law. In Sweden, we have fought for a long time to achieve
> gender-neutral laws, and to propose that certain groups should not be
> treated like others is completely unacceptable."

Ok, let them all receive their lessons from the imams in Arabic and
Urdu. I think all of the European countries should do this, since the
native Europeans will be dhimmis soon enough. With it becoming Eurostan
and all.

Evron

Al Nakba

Apr 28, 2006, 3:41:31 PM4/28/06
Put the muzzies in separate settlements and put them on the Sgt.
Sommers' Diet..

Jim E

Apr 29, 2006, 12:43:53 AM4/29/06

"Al Nakba" <william...@bluebottle.com> wrote in message

> Put the muzzies in separate settlements and put them on the Sgt.
> Sommers' Diet..

Put them in separate settlements, then burn them down.

Jim E

Heinrich

Apr 29, 2006, 2:22:24 AM4/29/06

"Evron" <mos...@ziontimes.com> schreef in bericht