Israel’s Campaign Against UNRWA Could End In An Own Goal

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 19, 2024, 12:37:28 AMFeb 19
You know that, entirely coincidentally (or not), soon after the ICJ
announced a provisional decision that Israel has a credible case to
answer against the accusation of genocide, Netanyahu’s government
suddenly produced some dossier, based on “military intelligence” (i.e.
the usual forced confessions out of tortured Palestinian prisoners),
that claims that about a dozen employees of UNRWA, the UN agency
trying to look after Palestinian refugees, were involved in the Hamas
attack on October 7.

And based on just that bare accusation, a dozen or more countries
jumped with indecent haste to cut their funding to UNRWA. We know that
Zionist Israel hates UNRWA; maybe because it tries to make the lives
of Palestinians a bit more bearable.

This analysis
<https://www.aljazeera.com/program/the-bottom-line/2024/2/18/why-are-israel-and-its-western-allies-targeting-unrwa>
revealed some interesting things to me: like that UNRWA was set up
before there was such a thing as the UNHCR, so that the Palestinians
remain as a special case not dealt with under the UNHCR’s
responsibility; and that, whereas the UNHCR has as an important part
of its function the repatriation of refugees back to their homeland
where possible, this is specifically excluded from the rules of
operation of UNRWA.

So if UNRWA were to be shut down, what would happen to the Palestinian
refugees? Why, they would come under the responsibility of the UNHCR,
of course. And inevitably, the idea of letting them return to their
original homes and land within what is now Israel would become a lot
more prominent than it is now. The UNHCR would be obliged to raise
that issue, because that is part of its job.

Would Netanyahu and his Zionist accomplices want that?

Rod Speed

Feb 19, 2024, 2:54:09 AMFeb 19
Bet it doesn't.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote

> You know that, entirely coincidentally (or not), soon after the ICJ
> announced a provisional decision that Israel has a credible case to
> answer against the accusation of genocide, Netanyahu’s government
> suddenly produced some dossier, based on “military intelligence”(i.e.
> the usual forced confessions out of tortured Palestinian prisoners),

More of your lies, Pinocchio

> that claims that about a dozen employees of UNRWA,the UN agency trying
> to look after Palestinian refugees,were involved in the Hamas attack on
> October 7.

And most of the world that matters believed that they were.

> And based on just that bare accusation,

More of your lies, Pinocchio

> a dozen or more countries jumped withindecent haste to cut their
> funding to UNRWA.

Because they believed the EVIDENCE, Pinocchio.

> We know that Zionist Israel hates UNRWA;

More of your lies, Pinocchio

> maybe because it tries to make the lives
> of Palestinians a bit more bearable.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

> This analysis
> <https://www.aljazeera.com/program/the-bottom-line/2024/2/18/why-are-israel-and-its-western-allies-targeting-unrwa>

Clearly flagrantly biased given the 'its western allies' line.

> revealed

It does no such thing.

> some interesting things to me:

Your problem, as always.

> like that UNRWA was set up before there was such athing as the UNHCR,
> so that the Palestinians remainas a special case not dealt with under
> the UNHCR’s
> responsibility;

Hardly surprising given when that utter fiasco happened...

> and that, whereas the UNHCR has as an importantpart of its function the
> repatriation of refugeesback to their homeland where possible,

No such animal with Palestine.

> this is specifically excluded fromthe rules of operation of UNRWA.

Irrelevant to what some of those UNRWA employees got up to.

> So if UNRWA were to be shut down,

No chance of that.

> what would happen to the Palestinian refugees?

Hamas should have thought of that before getting the
UNRWA employees involved in the Oct 7 obscenity.

> Why, they would come under the responsibilityof the UNHCR, of course.

That is never the case.

> And inevitably, the idea of letting them return to their
> original homes and land within what is now Israelwould become a lot
> more prominent than it is now.

Fantasy.

> The UNHCR would be obliged to raise
> that issue, because that is part of its job.

Bullshit it is.

> Would Netanyahu and his Zionist accomplices want that?

Taint gunna happen so that question is irrelevant.

Peeler

Feb 19, 2024, 3:59:19 AMFeb 19
On Mon, 19 Feb 2024 18:53:56 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

David Plowman about senile Rodent Speed's trolling:
"Wodney is doing a lot of morphing these days. Must be even more desperate
than usual for attention."
MID: <59a60da...@davenoise.co.uk>

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 20, 2024, 12:57:23 AMFeb 20
On Mon, 19 Feb 2024 18:53:56 +1100, Rod Speed wrote:

> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote
>
>> You know that, entirely coincidentally (or not), soon after the ICJ
>> announced a provisional decision that Israel has a credible case to
>> answer against the accusation of genocide, Netanyahu’s government
>> suddenly produced some dossier, based on “military intelligence”(i.e.
>> the usual forced confessions out of tortured Palestinian prisoners),
>
> More of your lies, Pinocchio

Circular reasoning, to justify an unsupportable argument?

From
<https://www.france24.com/en/middle-east/20240205-as-donors-suspend-critical-funding-to-unrwa-allegations-against-staff-remain-murky>

“They think that we can give them intelligence information,
knowing that some of their employees work for Hamas? Are you
serious? Why don’t we invite Hamas to our headquarters and have
them sit at our desk and have a look at all the information we
have?”
-- Lior Haiat, Israel Foreign Ministry spokesperson

In other words, we can’t show you the evidence because they’re guilty,
and we’d be crazy to give them the chance to defend themselves, so
you’ll just have to take our word for it.

>> And based on just that bare accusation,
>
> More of your lies, Pinocchio

Show us the evidence, then.

>> This analysis
>> <https://www.aljazeera.com/program/the-bottom-line/2024/2/18/why-are-israel-and-its-western-allies-targeting-unrwa>
>
> Clearly flagrantly biased given the 'its western allies' line.

You think any mention of “Western allies” is bad? Do you think it
would be more credible if it only mentioned that Israel, and nobody
else, was targeting UNRWA?

Inquiring minds would like to know what your reasoning is (if you have
any).

>> and that, whereas the UNHCR has as an importantpart of its function
>> the repatriation of refugeesback to their homeland where possible,
>
> No such animal with Palestine.

See, you use that giveaway phrase again. I told you about that, didn’t
I?

Rod Speed

Feb 20, 2024, 3:33:14 AMFeb 20
Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote

>>> You know that, entirely coincidentally (or not), soon after the ICJ
>>> announced a provisional decision that Israel has a credible case to
>>> answer against the accusation of genocide, Netanyahu’s government
>>> suddenly produced some dossier, based on “military intelligence”(i.e.
>>> the usual forced confessions out of tortured Palestinian prisoners),

>> More of your lies, Pinocchio

> Circular reasoning,

Nope, dope.

> to justify an unsupportable argument?

Nope, dope.

> From
> <https://www.france24.com/en/middle-east/20240205-as-donors-suspend-critical-funding-to-
unrwa-allegations-against-staff-remain-murky>

Wota stunningly impeccible cite, dope.

> “They think that we can give them intelligence information,
> knowing that some of their employees work for Hamas? Are you
> serious? Why don’t we invite Hamas to our headquarters and have them
> sit at our desk and have a look at all the information we have?”
> -- Lior Haiat, Israel Foreign Ministry spokesperson

Pity about what most of the first world did about the EVIDENCE, fuckwit.

> In other words, we can’t show you the evidence because they’re guilty,
> and we’d be crazy to give them the chance to defend themselves, so
> you’ll just have to take our word for it.

Pity about what most of the first world did about the EVIDENCE, fuckwit.

>>> And based on just that bare accusation,

>> More of your lies, Pinocchio

> Show us the evidence, then.

Pity about what most of the first world did about the EVIDENCE, fuckwit.

>>> This analysis
>>> <https://www.aljazeera.com/program/the-bottom-line/2024/2/18/why-are-israel-and-its-western-allies-targeting-unrwa>

>> Clearly flagrantly biased given the 'its western allies' line.

> You think any mention of “Western allies” is bad?

Just a lie, Pinocchio.

> Do you think it would be more credible if it only mentionedthat Israel,
> and nobody else, was targeting UNRWA?

Nope, dope.

> Inquiring minds

Not something you have, Pinocchio.

> would like to know what your reasoning is (if you have any).

Pathetic, Pinnocchio.

>>> and that, whereas the UNHCR has as an important part of its function
>>> the repatriation of refugees back to their home land where possible,

>> No such animal with Palestine.

> See,

Nope, dope.

> you use that giveaway phrase again.

Nope, dope.

> I told you about that, didn’t I?

Nope, dope.

There is no such animal as any palestinian 'homeland'. fuckwit child.

Peeler

Feb 20, 2024, 12:39:17 PMFeb 20
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 19:33:05 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 21, 2024, 4:21:15 PMFeb 21
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 19:33:05 +1100, Rod Speed wrote:

> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote
>
>> “They think that we can give them intelligence information, knowing
>> that some of their employees work for Hamas? Are you
>> serious? Why don’t we invite Hamas to our headquarters and have
>> them sit at our desk and have a look at all the information we
>> have?”
>> -- Lior Haiat, Israel Foreign Ministry spokesperson
>
> Pity about what most of the first world did about the EVIDENCE, fuckwit.

But there was no actual evidence shown, as admitted by Israel’s
spokesperson, was there?

>>> Clearly flagrantly biased given the 'its western allies' line.
>
>> You think any mention of “Western allies” is bad?
>
> Just a lie, Pinocchio.

Is that a yes or a no?

>> Do you think it would be more credible if it only mentionedthat
>> Israel, and nobody else, was targeting UNRWA?
>
> Nope, dope.

So why bring up that point about “Western allies”, then?

> There is no such animal as any palestinian 'homeland'.

There were people living there. That was their home and their land.
Hence, “homeland”. QED.

Rod Speed

Feb 21, 2024, 5:37:08 PMFeb 21
Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote

>>> “They think that we can give them intelligence information, knowing
>>> that some of their employees work for Hamas? Are you
>>> serious? Why don’t we invite Hamas to our headquarters and have
>>> them sit at our desk and have a look at all the information we
>>> have?”
>>> -- Lior Haiat, Israel Foreign Ministry spokesperson

>> Pity about what most of the first world did about the EVIDENCE, fuckwit.

> But there was no actual evidence shown, asadmitted by Israel’s
> spokesperson, was there?

So you are seriously trying to claim that the bulk of
the first world just took the Israeli claim as gospel ?

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof of
what a terminal fuckwit you have always been.

>>> You think any mention of “Western allies” is bad?

>> Just a lie, Pinocchio.

> Is that a yes or a no?

Just a lie, Pinocchio.

>>> Do you think it would be more credible if it only mentioned
>>> that Israel, and nobody else, was targeting UNRWA?

>> Nope, dope.

> So why bring up that point about “Western allies”, then?

Because its the evidence of flagrant bias, fuckwit.

>> There is no such animal as any palestinian 'homeland'.

> There were people living there.

Doesnt make it their HOMELAND, fuckwit.

There are Israelis living in the West Bank.

That does not make it their HOMELAND, fuckwit.

> That was their home and their land.
> Hence, “homeland”. QED.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof
of what a terminal fuckwit you have always been.

Daniel65

Feb 21, 2024, 8:09:46 PMFeb 21
Rod Speed wrote on 22/2/24 9:36 am:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote

<Snip>

>>> Nope, dope.
>
>> So why bring up that point about “Western allies”, then?
>
> Because its the evidence of flagrant bias, fuckwit.
>
>>> There is no such animal as any palestinian 'homeland'.
>
>> There were people living there.
>
> Doesnt make it their HOMELAND, fuckwit.

Just as there were people living in the land now called 'Israel' before
'we' Westerners 'created' the Jewish Homeland.

> There are Israelis living in the West Bank.
>
> That does not make it their HOMELAND, fuckwit.

"Thanks for that completely superfluous proof of what a terminal fuckwit
you have always been."

Just because Israelis live in Isreal doesn't make *THAT* land THEIR
homeland either!!
--
Daniel

Rod Speed

Feb 21, 2024, 8:39:38 PMFeb 21
Daniel65 <dani...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> So why bring up that point about “Western allies”, then?

>> Because its the evidence of flagrant bias, fuckwit.

>>> There were people living there.

>> Doesnt make it their HOMELAND, fuckwit.

> Just as there were people living in the land now called 'Israel'before
> we' Westerners 'created' the Jewish Homeland.

Nothing like that happened with Gaza.

And it wasnt westerners who created Israel, it was the UN that did that.

>> There are Israelis living in the West Bank.
>> That does not make it their HOMELAND, fuckwit.

> Just because Israelis live in Isreal doesn'tmake *THAT* land THEIR
> homeland either!!

Never said it did, fuckwit. In fact I have said the exact opposite.

Peeler

Feb 22, 2024, 3:36:53 AMFeb 22
On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 12:39:26 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:

Peeler

Feb 22, 2024, 3:36:54 AMFeb 22
On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 09:36:57 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"
MID: <f9056fe6-1479-40ff...@googlegroups.com>