Mossad Chief: Iran Developing Nukes

1 view

Ali

Dec 17, 2001, 8:09:10 AM12/17/01
Mossad Chief: Iran Developing Nukes

Sunday December 16

JERUSALEM (AP) - The head of Israel's Mossad intelligence agency said
Sunday that Iran is pursuing development of nuclear and other
non-conventional weapons but is sending occasional hints that it could
someday reconcile with Israel.

``There are Iranians in high-standing positions of influence that are
saying that if there is an Israeli-Palestinian agreement ... Iran will
not stand in the way of that agreement,'' Ephraim Halevy said in a
rare public speech. ``There are even covert messages of the
possibility of reconciliation.''

``These are lone chords at the moment, and they are in no way joining
to form a melody,'' Halevy added at a Tel Aviv conference on security.
he didn't provide additional details.

However, he also stressed that Iran was attempting to develop nuclear
and other weapons of mass destruction, as well as expanding its
long-range missile program.

Iran and Israel have been bitter enemies for years, with Iran
providing support for the militant Islamic group Hezbollah in Lebanon.
Hezbollah fought for years against Israeli troops in south Lebanon.

Israel pulled its forces out of Lebanon last year, but Hezbollah still
wages sporadic attacks over a disputed patch of territory along the
border.

Halevy also described the U.S.-led campaign against international
terrorism as an unprecedented development because of its focus on an
organization - Osama bin Laden (news - web sites)'s al-Qaida network -
rather than a sovereign state.

The campaign eventually could lead some countries, such as Iran and
Syria, to end their support of radical groups accused of carrying out
terrorism, Halevy said.

Halevy said that after the war in Afghanistan (news - web sites),
international pressure could mount on Syrian President Bashar Assad to
``bite the bullet,'' and crack down on radical groups.

The British-born Halevy is only the second Mossad chief to be
identified by name. Until recent years, Israel's military censor
prohibited publication of the Mossad chief's name or photograph.

Halevy spoke at a security conference last December in what was billed
as the first ever public speech by the head of the Israeli
intelligence agency.

Pacifist

Dec 17, 2001, 8:25:46 AM12/17/01
1-) Israel has developed its own nuclear weapons. It cannot object to Iran
developing her's.

2-) After the US / Iraq war of the early 90's, the Indian defence minister,
of the time, was asked for the lessons to be learned from the conflict. He
said "don't take the United States on, unless you have nuclear weapons".

I have always been against a nuclear weapons programme for Iran, as it would
divert valuable resources away from vital things like education, housing,
health....
However, in a unipolar world, when the remaining superpower feels it can
bomb everybody with impunity, the possession of a dozen or so nuclear
weapons and the means to deliver them, appears to be the only meaningful
guarantee of not being trampled upon.

Hallaj

Dec 17, 2001, 2:06:25 PM12/17/01
Iran should get her Nukes as soon as possible.

Hallaj

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:09:10 GMT, Ali <persi...@bigmailbox.net>

Alborz

Dec 17, 2001, 2:20:00 PM12/17/01
be ready everytime for the War , but do everything to save and protect the
peace.
"Hallaj" <aha...@dwp.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Yek Irani

Dec 17, 2001, 4:22:16 PM12/17/01
"Pacifist" <Nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> 1-) Israel has developed its own nuclear weapons. It cannot object to
Iran
> developing her's.

Paci joon Israel is a civilized country and has NEVER advocated elimination
of IRAN. Iran on the other hand is governed by the most barberic group of
looney tunes and misfits in the world. IRI has continuesly advoacted total
elimination of Israel. The difference between Israel having Nukes and IRI
having nukes is the differenc ebetween a convicted murderer and rapist
having guns and a normal person having guns.

> 2-) After the US / Iraq war of the early 90's, the Indian defence
minister,
> of the time, was asked for the lessons to be learned from the conflict.
He
> said "don't take the United States on, unless you have nuclear weapons".
>
> I have always been against a nuclear weapons programme for Iran, as it
would
> divert valuable resources away from vital things like education, housing,
> health....
> However, in a unipolar world, when the remaining superpower feels it can
> bomb everybody with impunity, the possession of a dozen or so nuclear
> weapons and the means to deliver them, appears to be the only meaningful
> guarantee of not being trampled upon.

I hope AKhoond hear your voice and continue their futile attempt at
gathering Nukes. That would be once sure way the world will realize it has
to rid the world of IRI as they did Taliban.

be omide nAboodeeye IRI

Yek Irani

Yek Irani

Dec 17, 2001, 4:23:21 PM12/17/01
Hallaj Jan,

That is crazy. How much do you want to bet Iranian Nukes would kill more
Iranians than foreigners.

YI

"Hallaj" <aha...@dwp.net> wrote in message
> [...]

Tiger dudes

Dec 17, 2001, 4:49:45 PM12/17/01
And how do you think Iran nukes will reach US soil. The best Iran can
do by developing nukes is get itself blown off the face of the earth.
The problem is that mullahs in Iran are stupid enough to use a nuclear
weapon on someone, lets say Israel and the US will level Iran back to
stone ages. As the famous American philosopher once said " Go ahead,
make my day."

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:25:46 -0000, "Pacifist" <Nos...@nospam.com>

Pacifist

Dec 17, 2001, 7:07:36 PM12/17/01
If you read my post again, it mentions the necessity for means of delivery.
The technology for ICBM's is being simplified all the time.

Iran should strrictly foreswear any "first use" option.

"Tiger dudes" <G...@bless.com> wrote in message

Hallaj

Dec 17, 2001, 7:07:19 PM12/17/01
On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 21:23:21 GMT, "Yek Irani" <YekI...@ee.net> wrote:

>Hallaj Jan,
>
>That is crazy. How much do you want to bet Iranian Nukes would kill more
>Iranians than foreigners.
>
>YI

Yek jAn,

bAbA mA ye cizi goftim esrailiA ro betarsunim. Bomb-e atomi ro bAyad
mesl-e matarsak dASte bASim ke angalhA nayAn angur dozdi! bAbAm jAn
alAn atom mod Sodeh; hame dAran, cerA mA nadASte bASim?

Hallaj

Pacifist

Dec 17, 2001, 7:28:45 PM12/17/01
You think Israel is a civilised country because you are a racist hater of
Arabs and they murder defenceless Arabs (even today another 12 year old was
shot in cold blood).
I suggest you question your own humanity and compassion.

"Yek Irani" <YekI...@ee.net> wrote in message

Tiger dudes

Dec 17, 2001, 9:01:24 PM12/17/01
Oh really, apparently your former president has not heard your call.
Listen to the nonsense that comes out of this guy's mouth. He sounds
like he is doing the world a favor but not using nukes that he does
not probably even have. Using the same logic, US can destroy about one
billion Moslems in a matter of a few weeks. But since we are nice
guys and don't want you to fall victim to insecurity, we will let you
live.

TEHRAN, Dec 14 (AFP) - Former president Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani
raised the specter Friday of possible nuclear conflict in the Middle
East.
Rafsanjani, speaking at the weekly Muslim prayers in Tehran, said that
because Israel does not have enough soldiers to defend itself, Western
powers had "provided her with unconventional arms of mass destruction,
chemical and nuclear."
"The use of an atomic bomb against Israel would totally destroy
Israel, while (the same) against the Islamic world would only cause
damage. Such a scenario is not inconceivable," he said.
Rafsanjani, who heads Iran's powerful Expediency Council, said that
"if the Islamic world armed itself with the same arms, then that
equilibrium would be broken".
But "we do not want the world to fall victim to insecurity, and we do
not want the confrontation ... to turn into World War Three. That is
the worst that could happen."
He was speaking at Tehran University, where tens of thousands of
demonstrators converged Friday in a march of solidarity with the
Palestinian uprising against Israeli occupation.
President Mohammed Khatami, as well as a number of cabinet ministers,
MPs and other leading figures, participated in the march.
Similar marches were held across the country to mark "World Qods
(Jerusalem) Day," instituted in 1980 by the late Ayatollah Ruhollah
Khomeini, founder of Iran's Islamic republic.

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 00:07:36 -0000, "Pacifist" <Nos...@nospam.com>

Yek Irani

Dec 17, 2001, 10:49:57 PM12/17/01

> You think Israel is a civilised country because you are a racist hater of
> Arabs and they murder defenceless Arabs (even today another 12 year old
was
> shot in cold blood).

Oh poor little defenceless Arabs who blow up kids in shopping malls.

> I suggest you question your own humanity and compassion.

Look I could care less about Jews and Israel. All I know is Israel NEVER has
advocated total destruction of Iran but Akhoonds advocate total elimination
if Israel every day. The same goes with Felestinis. I have yet to see an
Arab who was willing to live side by side with Jews. TO me the Jews are the
underdog because the Arabs and AKhoonds brag about their complete
elimination as the solution to their problems. Anyone advocating complere
termination of another group deserves to be terminated. The day the arabs
accept to live with Jews is the day they will deserve compasion. Until then
the Jews should and WILL use every thing in their power to eliminate those
who advocate their elimination. That is selfdefence and you are too brain
washed if you don't see it.

seke yeroo neest

Yek Irani

Yek Irani

Dec 17, 2001, 10:54:40 PM12/17/01
"Hallaj" <xha...@dwp.net> wrote in message

> On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 21:23:21 GMT, "Yek Irani" <YekI...@ee.net> wrote:
>
> >Hallaj Jan,
> >
> >That is crazy. How much do you want to bet Iranian Nukes would kill more
> >Iranians than foreigners.
> >
> >YI
>
> Yek jAn,
>
> bAbA mA ye cizi goftim esrailiA ro betarsunim. Bomb-e atomi ro bAyad
> mesl-e matarsak dASte bASim ke angalhA nayAn angur dozdi! bAbAm jAn
> alAn atom mod Sodeh; hame dAran, cerA mA nadASte bASim?
>
> Hallaj

In that case Aziz. I hear our beloved leader has a number of Atomic bombs
and his holliness' finger tips. ;-) But seriously aziz. For a nation like
Iran IMHO it is far more productive to establish friendly ties to all
nations including Israel and US. Once that happens then we don't need to
worry about a theif. Keep in mind the attempt to aquire atomic bomb and head
aches involved with safeguarding it could destroy the bAgh to the point that
you won't have a-ngur to worry about.

YI

DEVIL,HANDSOME

Dec 17, 2001, 10:51:26 PM12/17/01

"Pacifist" <Nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message
> 1-) Israel has developed its own nuclear weapons. It cannot object to
Iran
> developing her's.

They can object to anything they want and impose their will on the Arab
World

> 2-) After the US / Iraq war of the early 90's, the Indian defence
minister,
> of the time, was asked for the lessons to be learned from the conflict.
He
> said "don't take the United States on, unless you have nuclear weapons".

He should have said "Even if you have nuclear weapons ,taking on the U.S.
is akin to signing your own death warrant".

> I have always been against a nuclear weapons programme for Iran, as it
would
> divert valuable resources away from vital things like education, housing,
> health....

And the F_____in idiots would probably blow themselves and their country

off the face of the earth.

> However, in a unipolar world, when the remaining superpower feels it can

> bomb everybody with impunity, the possession of a dozen or so nuclear
> weapons and the means to deliver them, appears to be the only meaningful
> guarantee of not being trampled upon.

No it is a guarantee that you will have considerable pressure applied to you
and considerable American hardware targeting your sorry ass.

haftkhat

Dec 18, 2001, 2:29:59 AM12/18/01
they are bunch of paranoia already,
lets make it even worse.

hehehehehe

we need 200 nukes now, i mean RIGHT NOW

haftkhat

Dec 18, 2001, 2:29:58 AM12/18/01
we should have at least 200 nukes standing by.

tA kone harchi bache konieh mossad besoze

Pacifist

Dec 18, 2001, 3:37:04 PM12/18/01
Yeah...I'm the one who's brainwashed....lol...I should stop living in
America and believing all the Zionist-dominated media there.... he he he...
;-)

"Yek Irani" <YekI...@ee.net> wrote in message

Pacifist

Dec 18, 2001, 3:43:08 PM12/18/01
Rafsanjani does not believe this stuff himself. He never said such things
when he was president himself. He's a Rasputin-like figure with limitless
personal and financial ambitions.

He's saying these things to destabilise the current reformist government.
This is not because he disagrees with their policies, but because he wants
to grab power and money for himself.

"Tiger dudes" <G...@bless.com> wrote in message

Pacifist

Dec 18, 2001, 3:46:53 PM12/18/01

"DEVIL,HANDSOME" <goodl...@metoo.com> wrote in message

> "Pacifist" <Nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > 1-) Israel has developed its own nuclear weapons. It cannot object to
> Iran
> > developing her's.
>
> They can object to anything they want and impose their will on the Arab
> World

FIRSTLY, IRAN IS NOT PART OF THE ARAB WORLD.
SECONDLY, FOR THE FIRST TIME, ISRAEL HAS BEEN MILITARILY DEFEATED BY AN ARAB
GROUP (HIZBOLLAH.) THERE WILL BE MORE IN DUE COURSE.

> > 2-) After the US / Iraq war of the early 90's, the Indian defence
> minister,
> > of the time, was asked for the lessons to be learned from the conflict.
> He
> > said "don't take the United States on, unless you have nuclear weapons".
>
> He should have said "Even if you have nuclear weapons ,taking on the U.S.
> is akin to signing your own death warrant".
>

> > I have always been against a nuclear weapons programme for Iran, as it
> would
> > divert valuable resources away from vital things like education,
housing,
> > health....
>
> And the F_____in idiots would probably blow themselves and their country
> off the face of the earth.

BE CONDESCENDING IF YOU LIKE. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO OUR DETERMINATION
TO SEEK SECURITY FOR OUR NATION.

Peacock

Dec 18, 2001, 4:51:13 PM12/18/01
A "Rasputin-like figure" LOL! He is more like a "Godfather-like-in-mafia"
figure. An Akhound will always be an Akhound; traitor to his country and
only worried about his own well-being.

"Pacifist" <Nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Pacifist

Dec 18, 2001, 5:15:05 PM12/18/01

"Peacock" <blue_p...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> An Akhound will always be an Akhound; traitor to his country and
> only worried about his own well-being.

You know that what you say is not true. There have been many nationalist
clergy throughout Iranian history.
They played a very significant role in the Constitutional Revolution, as
well as the revolt against Nasseruddin Shah's granting of the Tobacco
Monopoly to the Brits, which was the first mass political / anti colonial
movement in Iran of the time.

And say what you like. The 1979 overthrow of the Shah was both necessary
and desirable. As the CIA-puppet regime had destroyed all other forms of
resistance, it fell upon the clergy to lead that mass movement. Many
suffered and perished for the cause.

At the same time, there are many corrupt mullahs, as there are corrupt
people in any walk of life.

Personally, I believe that the clergy should not have formed the government.
That was a historical misjudgement.

DEVIL,HANDSOME

Dec 18, 2001, 9:23:11 PM12/18/01
Pacifist son, you have nothing to fear but your own paranoia. You all have
not been at war with the U.S. or the Israelis. You have more to fear from
the Iraqis and the Palestinians.

"Pacifist" <Nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Yek Irani

Dec 18, 2001, 10:18:19 PM12/18/01
You see what I mean. Only a brain washed mush for brain would buy into the
Zio-Media conspiracy.

YI

"Pacifist" <Nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Pacifist

Dec 19, 2001, 5:42:01 AM12/19/01
Yeah. Lap it all up dude.

"Yek Irani" <YekI...@ee.net> wrote in message

Pacifist

Dec 19, 2001, 7:10:21 AM12/19/01
On pure, "REALPOLITIK" (i.e. selfish and cynical) grounds, I cannot disagree
with you.

However, I am a Human Being first, and an Iranian second. Seeing what is
being done to the Palestinians militates against my Humanity.
At the same time, I also know that, long term, the Arabs are the enemy of
the Iranians.

One has to be idealistic sometimes and hope that the ethnic hatred will die
down, amongst ALL races.

"DEVIL,HANDSOME" <goodl...@metoo.com> wrote in message

La6red9nec

Dec 21, 2001, 6:24:07 PM12/21/01
>Subject: Mossad Chief: Iran Developing Nukes
>From: Ali persi...@bigmailbox.net
>Date: 12/17/2001 5:09 AM Pacific Standard Time

>Mossad Chief: Iran Developing Nukes
>
>Sunday December 16

He can bet his whole "shitty little country" on this one. It's the prudent
course of action, you got nukes you got them by the balls...........

La6red9nec

Dec 21, 2001, 6:57:35 PM12/21/01
>Subject: Re: Mossad Chief: Iran Developing Nukes
>From: Tiger dudes G...@bless.com
>Date: 12/17/2001 1:49 PM Pacific Standard Time

>And how do you think Iran nukes will reach US soil. The best Iran can
>do by developing nukes is get itself blown off the face of the earth.
>The problem is that mullahs in Iran are stupid enough to use a nuclear
>weapon on someone, lets say Israel and the US will level Iran back to

No way the USA will thank Iran for finally curing cancer!!!!!!!!!!!