UK Muslim medical students refuse to trat women

1 view

The Cynic

Oct 7, 2007, 12:09:00 PM10/7/07

How insane they can get? Hope this situation will not arise in S.E. Asia

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/article2603966.ece

From The Sunday Times
October 7, 2007
Muslim medical students get picky
Daniel Foggo and Abul Taher
Some Muslim medical students are refusing to attend lectures or answer exam
questions on alcohol-related or sexually transmitted diseases because they
claim it offends their religious beliefs.

Some trainee doctors say learning to treat the diseases conflicts with their
faith, which states that Muslims should not drink alcohol and rejects sexual
promiscuity.

A small number of Muslim medical students have even refused to treat
patients of the opposite sex. One male student was prepared to fail his
final exams rather than carry out a basic examination of a female patient.

The religious objections by students have been confirmed by the British
Medical Association (BMA) and General Medical Council (GMC), which both
stressed that they did not approve of such actions.

It will intensify the debate sparked last week by the disclosure that
Sainsbury's is permitting Muslim checkout operators to refuse to handle
customers' alcohol purchases on religious grounds. It means other members of
staff have to be called over to scan in wine and beer for them at the till.
Critics, including many Islamic scholars, see the concessions as a step too
far, and say Muslims are reneging on their professional responsibilities.

This weekend, however, it emerged that Sainsbury's is also allowing its
Muslim pharmacists to refuse to sell the morning-after pill to customers. At
a Sainsbury's store in Nottingham, a pharmacist named Ahmed declined to
provide the pill to a female reporter posing as a customer. A colleague
explained to her that Ahmed did not sell the pill for "ethical reasons".
Boots also permits pharmacists to refuse to sell the pill on ethical
grounds.

The BMA said it had received reports of Muslim students who did not want to
learn anything about alcohol or the effects of overconsumption. "They are so
opposed to the consumption of it they don't want to learn anything about
it," said a spokesman.

The GMC said it had received requests for guidance over whether students
could "omit parts of the medical curriculum and yet still be allowed to
graduate". Professor Peter Rubin, chairman of the GMC's education committee,
said: "Examples have included a refusal to see patients who are affected by
diseases caused by alcohol or sexual activity, or a refusal to examine
patients of a particular gender."

He added that "prejudicing treatment on the grounds of patients' gender or
their responsibility for their condition would run counter to the most basic
principles of ethical medical practice".

Shazia Ovaisi, a GP in north London, said one of her male Muslim
contemporaries at medical school failed to complete his training because he
refused to examine a woman patient as part of his final exams.

"He was academically gifted, one of the best students, but gradually he got
in with certain Islamic groups and started to become more radical," said
Ovaisi.

"You could see there was a change in his personality as time went by. During
the final exams he was supposed to treat a female patient in hospital. He
refused to do it, even though it would have been a very basic examination,
nothing intrusive.

"But he refused and as a result he failed his exams. I was quite shocked and
disappointed about it because I don't see there being anything in our
religion that prohibits us from examining male and female patients."

Both the Muslim Council of Britain and Muslim Doctors and Dentist
Association said they were aware of students opting out but did not support
them.

Dr Abdul Majid Katme, of the Islamic Medical Association, said: "To learn
about alcohol, to learn about sexually transmitted disease, to learn about
abortion, it gives us more evidence to campaign against it. There is a
difference between learning and practising.

"It is obligatory for Muslim doctors and students to learn about everything.
The prophet said, 'Learn about witchcraft, but don't practise it'."

LKYs Mother

Oct 7, 2007, 2:13:14 PM10/7/07
This is good theology.

Kope

Oct 7, 2007, 2:32:54 PM10/7/07
i am a radical muslim please read my blog read how islam will win the
clash of civilization.
http://www.xanga.com/hfghj23458654fgha

expla...@yahoo.com

Oct 7, 2007, 7:47:00 PM10/7/07

Dear all,
Muslims behave foolishly in many ways
because Islam is false, it has the foolishness
to make its believers to fast 12 hours and then
to believe 12 hours out of 24 hours a day of the
30 days of Ramadan as one whole day of 24 hours.
The wise will know that NOT EVEN 1 DAY of
Ramadan is complete since the Islamic fast
consists of 12 hours and lacking the other
12 to make 1 day and 1 night of fast.

Hence, Ramadan is a piece of humbug to fool
the ignorant Muslims of the real meaning of a
fast that is acceptable to the True Allah whereas
the HOLY Bible shows the true fast of
Moses, Elijah and Jesus, all fasted 40 days and
40 nights mentioned in the Holy Bible as follows:
MOSES
Exo 34:27 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for
after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and
with Israel.
Exo 34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights;
he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the
tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.
ELIJAH
1Ki 19:7 And the angel of the LORD came again the second time, and
touched him, and said, Arise [and] eat; because the journey [is] too
great for thee.
1Ki 19:8 And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the
strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount
of God.
JESUS
Mat 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be
tempted of the devil.
Mat 4:2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was
afterward an hungred.

Amen In Christ JESUS

Megasaurus

Oct 7, 2007, 9:17:24 PM10/7/07

"The Cynic" <koso...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> How insane they can get? Hope this situation will not arise in S.E. Asia

> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/article2603966.ece

It has already come to Malaysia. Some 15 years ago, in Kelantan, there
were incidents where female doctors use pencils to poke at male patients.
They were then called the Pencil Doctors. I dont know if it is still
happening or not.

pluto

Oct 7, 2007, 9:24:21 PM10/7/07
On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 00:09:00 +0800, "The Cynic" <koso...@nowhere.com> in this
message from <feaqtr$m4f$2...@reader01.singnet.com.sg> subject as: UK Muslim
wrote/and/or quoted:
>>>[IN REPLYING PLEASE DELETE THIS RE: CROSSPOST]

>How insane they can get? Hope this situation will not arise in S.E. Asia

what are you talking, bro thecynic???
remember in about 1982 et seq dakwah doctors in klgh did not touch non muslim
patients, but only using pencils, ballpen, -- earning the nicknames
pencil-doctors.
extrapolate this to the wards, icu, surgeries, morgues and you see the madness.
>>[WHEN REPLYING TO MY XPOST PLEASE DELETE THE XPOST]

The Cynic

Oct 7, 2007, 11:58:18 PM10/7/07

"pluto" <pl...@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message

> On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 00:09:00 +0800, "The Cynic" <koso...@nowhere.com> in
> this
> message from <feaqtr$m4f$2...@reader01.singnet.com.sg> subject as: UK Muslim
> medical students refuse to trat women:
> wrote/and/or quoted:

>>How insane they can get? Hope this situation will not arise in S.E. Asia
>>
> what are you talking, bro thecynic???
> remember in about 1982 et seq dakwah doctors in klgh did not touch non
> muslim
> patients, but only using pencils, ballpen, -- earning the nicknames
> pencil-doctors.
> extrapolate this to the wards, icu, surgeries, morgues and you see the
> madness.

Hmm. Interesting.
I wonder if Dr Mahathir is aware of this. I also wonder if Dr Mahathir
himself was a pencil doctor.
I further wonder if he allowed the imported US cardiac surgeon to touch him
during his recent heart operation.

pluto

Oct 8, 2007, 2:50:06 AM10/8/07
On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 11:58:18 +0800, "The Cynic" <koso...@nowhere.com> in this
message <feaqtr$m4f$2...@reader01.singnet.com.sg>
<pg1jg3p77vd54esp5...@4ax.com> from
<fec4fp$n1l$2...@reader01.singnet.com.sg> subject as: Re: UK Muslim medical

students refuse to trat women:

of course, xpmm was aware, what could he do? the then chink moh leeshiokyou was
holding his balls seeing the pencil drawings at the op depts.

why should he practise medicine then?
he was practising more rewar$ding dictator$hip

aiyah, kafir can touch non fafir lah

LKYs Mother

Oct 8, 2007, 8:59:05 AM10/8/07
How do you know that what you believe as the bible
is in fact is the bible and what are written in it are true?

<expla...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

LKYs Mother

Oct 8, 2007, 9:05:50 AM10/8/07
yeah, very soon female doctors would refuse to treat lesbian patients
and male doctors will refuse to treat male homosexuals.

LKYs Mother

Oct 8, 2007, 9:17:56 AM10/8/07
I think medical students should be forced to sleep with all kinds
of sexual people before they should be allowed to become doctors.

LKYs Mother

Oct 8, 2007, 9:18:59 AM10/8/07
Mahathir is a gay rights activist.

LKYs Mother

Oct 8, 2007, 9:20:17 AM10/8/07
is that some descriptions of some gay actions?

Choong

Oct 17, 2007, 12:37:51 PM10/17/07
So it showed that against all apologetic arguments a real Muslim is a
brainwashed autobots who doesn't have is own mind and nothing can change
that facts and people like these are fallen to something that they
doesn't aware of because ideology of such as Islam is the most
unfortunates that happened to humanity and like I always said a religion
that is void of philosophy is the most dangerous thing to exist and it
should be bad for our future.

Choong