Kapunadu - Yet another blackmailing threat

an6...@anon.penet.fi

Nov 12, 1994, 12:46:39 AM11/12/94

Kapunadu - Yet anohter blackmailing threat

As I was busy with exams, I stopped posting for a while. Two weeks back i.e.
shortly after the third part of "Kapunadu = Forum of Blackmialers and Goondas",
I noticed the following news item in SCIT (News sent by Mr. Ramaraju).

-"Kapunadu leader J.S. Rao urged all political parties including Cong, TDP, BJP,
to give atleast 110 tickets to BCs and out of that atleast 40 for Kapus".

Implication being that, Kapus would not vote for your party, if Kapus were not
given 40 tickets. Criteria for voting is Candidate's caste but not party (nor
candidate's reputation matters for Kapus).

10 days back i.e. in the last week of October, I read another news item in The
Hindu about Kapunadu Secretary's statement.

-"So far Reddy community has been given a disproportionate number of tickets
in the elections, but this time we will not accept that", kapunadu secretary,
Mr. Miriyala Venkata Rao, stated this in a press conference in reference to
PEC's allotment of tickets.

I will talk about this thug Miriyala Venkat Rao, State Mining Corporation
Chariman, later.

Why do political parties succumb to these blackmailers' demands? Rajiv Gandhi
indirectly encouraged this fanaticism by giving importance to Shiv Shankar.
Even a politician as shrewd as PVN Rao could not contain this caste fanaticism.
Indeed, he also indirectly yielded to this fanaticism by inducting Rangaiah
Naidu, who got elected from Khammam after getting Cong-I ticket in the last
minute when Vengala Rao committed political harakiri by withdrawing from the
contest, into the ministry. The logic behind that was, as PVN Rao and Shiv
Shankar(Arjun Singh's faction) are rivals, he could not give ministry to Shiv
Shankar but to appease Kapu community he needs another Kapu candidate to fill
Shiv Shankar's slot.

And thus, he made it as a tradition (having a Kapu in Central Ministry).
Including Kapu community in the BC list is the culmination of this appeasement.

Whenever an election comes, Kapunadu leaders blackmail political parties. All
news papers will be filled with news items like "Kapunadu leaders expressed
their dissatisfaction at the allotment of tickets", "Kapunadu leaders urged
Kapus not to vote for so and so parties as Kapu community has not been given
enough tickets", etc. They will show their strength in the elctions.

1991 Parliament elections (no need to talk about 1989 elections) show how these
power hungry goondas control their community. In Machilipatnam constituency
there was a good fight between Cong. candidate Kavuri and TDP candidate
Reddaiah. Kapunadu leaders commanded Kapus not to vote for Kavuri(it is
obvious that most of the Kapus in Krishna and Guntur districts don't vote
for TDP) as Cong. high command did not give the ticket to a Kapu. As a result
Kapus did not vote for Cong. At that time BJP sensed this fanaticism and
fielded a Kapu candidate Dhanalaxmi. Eventually TDP candidate won that seat.
But what surprised many observers was the no. of votes that the BJP candidate
got. She got nearly 100000 votes. Later analysis indicated that she got all
those votes in Kapu areas.

Narsapuram election result was another example of this fanaticism. At that time
Kapu leader, cine director Dasari Narayana Rao, seriously tried for Narsapuram
ticket. But Janardhan Reddy preferred Krishnam Raju over Dasari Narayana Rao.
As a result Kapus did not vote for both Rajus (TDP candidate Vijay Kumar Raju,
now in Cong. and Cong-I candidate). Here also, the BJP candidate stunned
political observers.

N Janardhan Reddy is the only person who has been able to teach lessons to
these fanatics, to some extent. Remember, how he taught lessons to Kapu leaders
Chalapathi and Jakkampudi when they were making hangama after carrying bus
loads of people to Hyderabad, for getting ministries, during his swearing-in
ceremony? Remember how he cut goonda Mudragada Pamanabham to size (atleast
temporarily during his tenure) and projected another Kapu from same area Pantam
Padmanabham as the true Kapu leader.

Actuall that was the reason (comming into light from virtual political
oblivion) why that goonda Mudragada staged fast-unto-death drama in Kirlampudi,
demanding reservations for Kapus.

When it comes to NTR, he is the first person who buckles under the pressure.
He doesn't know how to tackle these blackmailers, does something stupid to
satisfy them and ends up in mud. Remember, how he elevated Kapu leader Chegondi
Hari Rama Jogaiah to the extent of Deputy CM (almost), and how that very same
Jogaiah stabbed NTR in 1988. In the recent Rajya Sabha elections, why
did he nominate Alladi Raj Kumar when there are so many other senior Kamma and
Reddy leaders? Reason for that is, elections are approaching fast and he needs
Kapu votes. I will talk more about NTR in the next part of "Kapunadu = Forum
of Blackmailers and Goondas".

Akasa Ramanna

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to he...@anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to ad...@anon.penet.fi.

Nagaraj Nunna

Nov 12, 1994, 1:58:56 PM11/12/94
In <055304Z...@anon.penet.fi> an6...@anon.penet.fi writes:

For your info rangaiah naidu got the ministry more because he won against all
expectations. Khammam was expected to go to the CPI or CPI-m (I dont remember,
which one), even all the kapunadu leaders had given hopes on rangiah naidu.
None of them supported him much. So the ministry was more a reward than any
caste consideration.

> Jogaiah stabbed NTR in 1988.(

What do you mean?. He should do slavery to that joker for all his life?.

In the recent Rajya Sabha elections, why
> did he nominate Alladi Raj Kumar when there are so many other senior Kamma and
> Reddy leaders? Reason for that is, elections are approaching fast and he needs
> Kapu votes. I will talk more about NTR in the next part of "Kapunadu = Forum
> of Blackmailers and Goondas".
>

> Akasa Ramanna

Looks like in your opinion everybody except youself are goondas and thugs.

Anyway whats your point?. People will vote for whomever they like. Its their
wish. Whats your problem with that?. India is a democratic country where people
vote for a candidate who they feel truly represents their aspirations. It is
very much possible that people from a particular caste feel that someone from
their caste represents their aspirations, and vote for him. If that caste is in
the majority in that region that guy wins and he represents them. If they feel
none of the candidates suits them they wont vote.