QURAN is not word of GOD

The FRIENDLY netter

Jan 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/22/97

The topic of the thread is true. Quran is not word of God. Forget
its being the word of God, it is not even words of a sane person. It is
full fo contradiction, it lacks cohesion and and betrays the divine
nature of the Universe. Mohammad was an imposter.

This topic has been discussed millions of time on this net, still if
someone is there who joined later, or has some specific doubt, I will
try my best to explain him the truth.

I am forgetting the name of the person who said, " Muslims are the
fist victime of Islam, and it is duty of humanity to same muslims from
it."

Regards,
TFN

In <01bc075e$998ce800$1baf...@singnet.singnet.com.sg> "AZAM ALI"
<ali...@mbox2.singnet.com.sg> writes:

>Sher-ni <vgs...@interlog.com> wrote in article
><32E28A...@interlog.com>...
>> > the Quran is not the word of God.
>>

>> WELL SAID MO!!
>> --
>>
>GO TO HELL WITH YOUR NON SENSE

Shan

Jan 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/22/97
Tell me if you have read Quraan your self ? what is in it that you think
that a Muslim or any human should be saved from? I hope you are not
confusing Islam with what ever you see and hear on media.
1. first of all its not a cult,
2. No one has been forced to follow it.
3. What ever you see in Quraan, its only for human benefit.
4. And what ever is forbidden its only because harm the human
themselves. Think about it and I am sure you will be convinced too.

N. K. Agrawal

Jan 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/22/97
to The FRIENDLY netter

Baburam imposting as The FRIENDLY netter wrote:

> The topic of the thread is true. Quran is not word of God. Forget
> its being the word of God, it is not even words of a sane person. It is
> full fo contradiction, it lacks cohesion and and betrays the divine
> nature of the Universe. Mohammad was an imposter.
>
> This topic has been discussed millions of time on this net, still if
> someone is there who joined later, or has some specific doubt, I will
> try my best to explain him the truth.
>
> I am forgetting the name of the person who said, " Muslims are the
> fist victime of Islam, and it is duty of humanity to same muslims from
> it."

Baburamji,

When are you going to learn that "degrading other religion" and "mine is
better than yours" is not what Hinduism teaches if you claim to be a
Hindu.

There is probably no religios book in the world where one can't find a
few contradictions. Quran is no exception. It also contains a lot of
good texts like other religious books. Present generation of Muslims may
not accept but it is quite possible that a few distortions occured in
the original text over the period of past 1400 years.

How does it matter whether Quran is a word of God or not? It really
depends upon what people believe. Also, mindless & fanatics like you
wouldn't get a chance to attack if Muslims start trusting spirit of
Quran more than the Mullah's interpretation.

Narendra

Salim Ahmed

Jan 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/23/97

If you are really interested in reading a neutral, unbiased and scientific
inquiry into the authenticity of the Quran, I refer you to "The Bible,
The Quran and Science" by Maurice Bucaille. The bottom line is that
there isn't a single fact mentioned in the Quran that contradicts what
we know to be true in science. Unlike other texts that have been changed
for political or other well intentioned reasons, the Quran has been
transcribed verbatim. Having read a lot of scriptures from other "human"
sources, I am struck by the simplicity and timelessness of the verses
in Quran, particularly the absense of elaborate imagery or dense
philosophical concepts that can only be understood by theologians.

There are too many examples to give about facts revealed that are
only now being confirmed by science. Just to give one example,
there is a verse that explains how the universe is expanding.
The relativity of time is something we take for granted now but
how is it possible for a man without divine inspiration to talk about
something so modern in the seventh century. While confirming the
other texts that came before it like the Torah and the Bible,
corrections were made in regards to some facts that had become
distorted as a result of human interpretation.

I don't see any specific contradictions mentioned here so maybe the
the original poster hasn't actually read it himself but simply
passing along opinions he has heard elsewhere. Anyway if you are
faced with a contradiction, try examining your premises; one of
them may be wrong. I don't think there is anything wrong in approaching
a subject as a skeptic as long as one is willing to do the work of
reading from the original sources and forming your own opinion. Anything
authentic should be able to stand up to the scrutiny of open minded
individuals. Bigots usually do more harm to their own cause than
to the target of their bigotry.

Salim.

robin

Jan 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/23/97

Shan <gu...@medcor.mcgill.ca> wrote:

Shan, I agree with much of your comments, but tell me do you think Islam
is imperfect in anyway?

Robin++

Nalinaksha Bhattacharyya

Jan 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/23/97

Salim Ahmed (asa...@dilbar.esd.sgi.com) wrote:

: If you are really interested in reading a neutral, unbiased and scientific

: inquiry into the authenticity of the Quran, I refer you to "The Bible,

: The Quran and Science" by Maurice Bucaille. The bottom line is that

Regarding Maurice Bucaille's book "The Bible The Quoran and Science",
on reading it I have found that Maurice starts with an agenda of proving
the divine origin of Quoran. So it is hardly surprising that he ends up
finding such evidence. As for example on Page 140 (1979 edition) he
quotes a number of verses from the Quoran which talks about "seven
heavens", "seven paths" etc. and then without batting an eyelid he makes the
following statement
" The commentators on the Quo'ran are in agreement on all these verses:
the number 7 means no more than plurality."
He then goes on to conclude how the Quoran tells us about many possible
worlds.
No wonder with such broad latitude anything and everything in Quoran (or
in any other religious text) can be made to fit anything and everything
from bicycle to bevatron.
One also hears arguments like the Quoran must be true because X was
stated in Quoran and later it was shown by modern science that X is
true. I would like to point out that many science fiction writers wrote
about travel to the Moon and travel under the sea before technology made
such feats possible. If we apply similar standards of logic then we must
also conclude that these science fiction writers were inspired by an
omnipotent divinity.

--
Nalinaksha Bhattacharyya

Gailani

Jan 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/23/97

robin <ro...@pe.net> wrote:

>>-Shan <gu...@medcor.mcgill.ca> wrote:
>>->
>>- Shan, I agree with much of your comments, but tell me do you think Islam
>>-is imperfect in anyway?

>>-Robin++

we Muslims definitly are imperfect.
Hope you happy now. Robin ++

gailani

Manu Dube

Jan 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/23/97

N. K. Agrawal (nagr...@wpo.hcc.com) wrote:

: When are you going to learn that "degrading other religion" and "mine is

: better than yours" is not what Hinduism teaches if you claim to be a
: Hindu.

Agarwaalji, when are you going to learn that using "I don't say anything
even if I find something stupid because I'm a Hindu" only shows that
Hinduism is a very stupid thing, atleast as you interpret it.

: There is probably no religios book in the world where one can't find a

: few contradictions. Quran is no exception. It also contains a lot of
: good texts like other religious books.

Yeah ...so why the hell drag "I am a Hindu" in it anyway?? Are you really
so hmm ...whatever minded that you cannot say or think anything without
religious aid?

: Present generation of Muslims may

: not accept but it is quite possible that a few distortions occured in
: the original text over the period of past 1400 years.
: How does it matter whether Quran is a word of God or not? It really
: depends upon what people believe. Also, mindless & fanatics like you
: wouldn't get a chance to attack if Muslims start trusting spirit of
: Quran more than the Mullah's interpretation.

Now now ...if God Awlmity is as intelligent as it is made out to be ...why
is it that he couldn't figgur out the implications of his actions of
giving out WORDS OF WISDOM to ppl like Arabs?? If he really couldn't
calculate simple stuff like what would happen in such a case ...heh
...what is the use of bothering about his other stuff?

And it doesn't matter what the reality is??? Just what people believe???
Why don't you go and start on some hallucinogens ...might make you more
attuned to reality ...closer atleast than you are at present. Actually ..
you sound surprisingly similar to the web page "Kids of the Future" or
something ...who advise the poor souls who go there ...not to pay
attention to what they see around themselves ...but only pay attention to
what they believe inside their head ...where there are no contradictions.

: Narendra
: "I'll accept just about anything to sound 'cool' and 'mature'"

Salim Ahmed

Jan 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/23/97

In article <5c6oqr$diq$1...@nntp.ucs.ubc.ca>, bha...@unixg.ubc.ca (Nalinaksha Bhattacharyya) writes:

|> Salim Ahmed (asa...@dilbar.esd.sgi.com) wrote:
|>
|> : If you are really interested in reading a neutral, unbiased and scientific
|> : inquiry into the authenticity of the Quran, I refer you to "The Bible,
|> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|> : The Quran and Science" by Maurice Bucaille. The bottom line is that
|> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|>

|> Regarding Maurice Bucaille's book "The Bible The Quoran and Science",
|> on reading it I have found that Maurice starts with an agenda of proving
|> the divine origin of Quoran.

Are you aware of any motive for doing this ?

|> He explains He then goes on to conclude how the Quoran tells us about
|> many possible worlds.

There is no great deduction needed for this. The plurality of worlds appears
throughout the Quran.

|> No wonder with such broad latitude anything and everything in Quoran (or
|> in any other religious text) can be made to fit anything and everything
|> from bicycle to bevatron.

I can think of a number of passages from a lot of other religious texts
that directly contradict proven observable facts. I don't intend on
offending anyone quoting passages here but if you read the descriptions
about the origin of the universe, you would immediately see how
it would be impossible to massage it into anything resembling a valid
explaination under the light of modern science.

|> One also hears arguments like the Quoran must be true because X was
|> stated in Quoran and later it was shown by modern science that X is
|> true. I would like to point out that many science fiction writers wrote
|> about travel to the Moon and travel under the sea before technology made
|> such feats possible.

First off, I don't think there were too many science fiction writers
in the seventh century. You have to view it in the context of the time period
in question. For anyone to say things which were clearly beyond the grasp of the
existing knowledge base would have been extremely unwise. There really was no
reason to throw in statements that no one understood at that time. The point
isn't since X was proven to be true therefore the Quran must be true. The point
is that one cannot find any statement in the Quran that can be scientifically
proven to be wrong. That's at least reason enough to suspend disbelief if
not acknowledge its divine source.

If we apply similar standards of logic then we must
|> also conclude that these science fiction writers were inspired by an
|> omnipotent divinity.

We all are whether we believe it or not. Some more so than others, I think.

The point is well taken. Although, if you beleive that someone with no
training in science and unable to write and without the aid of mathematics,
could come up with concepts that took many centuries and the development of
sophisticated measuring equipment to prove, you are tacitly acknowleding
a miracle :)

Salim.

"For those who believe no explanation is necessary,
For those who don't, no expalanation is possible."
-Unknown.

Raj Rathee

Jan 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/23/97

In article <32E5BB...@medcor.mcgill.ca>,

Shan <gu...@medcor.mcgill.ca> wrote:
>Tell me if you have read Quraan your self ? what is in it that you think
>that a Muslim or any human should be saved from? I hope you are not
>confusing Islam with what ever you see and hear on media.
>1. first of all its not a cult,

:-)

>2. No one has been forced to follow it.

:-) :-)

>3. What ever you see in Quraan, its only for human benefit.

:-) :-) :-)

>4. And what ever is forbidden its only because harm the human
>themselves. Think about it and I am sure you will be convinced too.

OK. I'm convinced. bawawawwawawwawwah.

Abdul Jalil Abdul Latiff

Jan 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/24/97

In article <5c4c5a$9...@sjx-ixn10.ix.netcom.com>,

bab...@ix.netcom.com(The FRIENDLY netter) wrote:

> The topic of the thread is true. Quran is not word of God. Forget
>its being the word of God, it is not even words of a sane person. It is
>full fo contradiction, it lacks cohesion and and betrays the divine
>nature of the Universe. Mohammad was an imposter.

Whew. Look at this guy talk !
Well, i am commanded to just let you know that you are surrounded
by Hell.
Perhaps when you die & meet your creator, He will tell you why,
but until then, if you only knew when Hell will strike you, you would not be
saying too much about things you do not understand.

Additionally, there are many muslims around, and it is quite a stupid thing
to say such things in public, don't you think so ?

Why no to something wiser, like try and find out if you can be certain
that you will wake up tommorrow :)

> This topic has been discussed millions of time on this net, still if
>someone is there who joined later, or has some specific doubt, I will
>try my best to explain him the truth.

Ooo, you volunteer to explain the truth.
Explain to me this.
Why does God create someone like you ?

> I am forgetting the name of the person who said, " Muslims are the
>fist victime of Islam, and it is duty of humanity to same muslims from
>it."

Perhaps there is some truth of what you said, but tell me, who will save you
from your death ?

I hope the day you need help from near death, it would be the very muslim you
hated, for a true muslim will try and save you, regardless of what you say,
even at that moment. But my advise is don't take your chances and say too
many things that might surprise him, for he might suffer from a minor shock
and unintentionally let the rope go.

Abdul Jalil Bin Abdul Latiff - Witness

The FRIENDLY netter

Jan 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/24/97

In <5c6mks$1...@murrow.corp.sgi.com> asa...@dilbar.esd.sgi.com (Salim
Ahmed) writes:

Forget
It is

>If you are really interested in reading a neutral, unbiased and
scientific
>inquiry into the authenticity of the Quran, I refer you to "The Bible,
>The Quran and Science" by Maurice Bucaille.

I am not taking of what an Islmic Apologist writes about the islam.
If you really want to read islam, read the original Quran to understand
it.

The Quran is full of inconsistancies. I will not list all of them,
but write one by one as the this thread continues. I will appreciate
your efforts if you try to prove me or my argumets incorrect. To set
thsi thread going, I will start with this question, "What is meaning of
Satanic Verses?"

"Satanic Verses" is the name of Sulman Rushdies book, but this term
was first coined by John Muir. Do you know what is meaning of Satanic
Verses in sensse of Quran????

I will request all muslims to answer my questions sincerly. After
all they must understand or else they will always be in the illusion
of islam.

Regards,
TFN

The bottom line is that

The FRIENDLY netter

Jan 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/24/97

In <32E66F...@wpo.hcc.com> "N. K. Agrawal" <nagr...@wpo.hcc.com>

writes:

>Baburam imposting as The FRIENDLY netter wrote:
>>
>> The topic of the thread is true. Quran is not word of God. Forget
>> its being the word of God, it is not even words of a sane person. It
is
>> full fo contradiction, it lacks cohesion and and betrays the divine
>> nature of the Universe. Mohammad was an imposter.
>>
>> This topic has been discussed millions of time on this net, still
if
>> someone is there who joined later, or has some specific doubt, I
will
>> try my best to explain him the truth.
>>
>> I am forgetting the name of the person who said, " Muslims are
the
>> fist victime of Islam, and it is duty of humanity to same muslims
from
>> it."
>

>Baburamji,

>When are you going to learn that "degrading other religion" and "mine
is
>better than yours" is not what Hinduism teaches if you claim to be a
>Hindu.

Dear Aggrawal: YOur stupidity is worth recognition. I am not
comparing Hinduism with Islam in this post. Please come out of your
communal overhang.

The islam is a bad ideology and I am interested in analyzing it on
intellectual sence.

Regards
TFN

>There is probably no religios book in the world where one can't find a
>few contradictions. Quran is no exception. It also contains a lot of

>good texts like other religious books. Present generation of Muslims

may
>not accept but it is quite possible that a few distortions occured in
>the original text over the period of past 1400 years.
>
>How does it matter whether Quran is a word of God or not? It really
>depends upon what people believe. Also, mindless & fanatics like you
>wouldn't get a chance to attack if Muslims start trusting spirit of
>Quran more than the Mullah's interpretation.
>

>Narendra

saleena begum saleem

Jan 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/24/97

Gailani (sy...@laker.net) wrote:
: robin <ro...@pe.net> wrote:

: >>-Robin++

: gailani

u've hit the nail....

sal.

N HAZARIKA

Jan 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/24/97

Whoa! Whoa!

all the discussions below and blah, blah... etc. are positing the existence
of a "soul". What happens if there is no such thing?

In article <5cb0f5$jj0...@brf41.jaring.my>,

ja...@pop.jaring.my (Abdul Jalil Abdul Latiff) writes:
> In article <5c4c5a$9...@sjx-ixn10.ix.netcom.com>,
> bab...@ix.netcom.com(The FRIENDLY netter) wrote:

Someone else replied:

> Perhaps there is some truth of what you said, but tell me, who will save you
> from your death ?
>
> I hope the day you need help from near death, it would be the very muslim you
> hated, for a true muslim will try and save you, regardless of what you say,
> even at that moment. But my advise is don't take your chances and say too
> many things that might surprise him, for he might suffer from a minor shock
> and unintentionally let the rope go.

> Abdul Jalil Bin Abdul Latiff - Witness

Cheers,
--
Neep Hazarika Neural Computing Research Group, CSAM
Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, U.K.

Nalinaksha Bhattacharyya

Jan 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/24/97

Salim Ahmed (asa...@dilbar.esd.sgi.com) wrote:

: Are you aware of any motive for doing this ?
One possible conjecture could be that Maurice wanted to please the
Saudis. He mentions gratitude to one king of Saudi Arabia (Fahd or
Faisal) in the preface to his book.

: |> He explains He then goes on to conclude how the Quoran tells us about
: |> many possible worlds.

: There is no great deduction needed for this. The plurality of worlds appears

: throughout the Quran.

You are missing the point. Maurice argues as follows:
Step 1: He mentions verses where the word seven is mentioned as in "Seven
Heavens" etc.
Step 2: He mentions that most Arabic scholars agree that in these verses
Seven means many.
Step 3: Maurice concludes that Quran talks about the existence of
multiple worlds.

Such a reasoning is not at all scientific. It is dishonest argumentation
masquereading as science. As a test take the above style of argumentation
and apply it to any religious text. You will be able to "prove" that any
religious text had all the scientific knowledge neatly wrapped up.

: I can think of a number of passages from a lot of other religious texts

: that directly contradict proven observable facts. I don't intend on
: offending anyone quoting passages here but if you read the descriptions
: about the origin of the universe, you would immediately see how
: it would be impossible to massage it into anything resembling a valid
: explaination under the light of modern science.

I am not saying that the descriptions of origin of Universe by other
religions are the truth. All I am saying is that Maurice used highly
questionable argument and a very broad interpretation of words to arrive
at the conclusions that he did.

: First off, I don't think there were too many science fiction writers

: in the seventh century. You have to view it in the context of the time period

I am afraid that again you are missing the point. My point is a
methodological one. Jules Verne talked about submarine long before
submarine was ever invented. That does not mean that Verne was divinely
inspired. Similarly, if you argue that some facts known today is
mentioned in Quran (or Vedas or Bible or Torah ) if we adopt a very
stretched out interpretation of the words is a proof of divine origin of
the text under question, then Verne has a better claim to proximity to
divinity. This is not to say that the Quran (or Vedas or Bible or Torah)
is true or false. Essentially people believe their own particular
religious text to be the truth. Arguments like the one advanced by Maurice
are flimsy does not establish the truth or falsehood of anything.

: in question. For anyone to say things which were clearly beyond the grasp of the

: existing knowledge base would have been extremely unwise. There really was no
: reason to throw in statements that no one understood at that time. The point
: isn't since X was proven to be true therefore the Quran must be true. The point
: is that one cannot find any statement in the Quran that can be scientifically

: proven to be wrong. That's at least reason enough to suspend disbelief if
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you allow the same stretching of meaning that Maurice does then you
can never prove ANYTHING in ANY RELIGIOUS TEXT to be wrong!

--
Nalinaksha Bhattacharyya

N. K. Agrawal

Jan 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/24/97
to Manu Dube

Manu Dube wrote:

> N. K. Agrawal (nagr...@wpo.hcc.com) wrote:

:> : When are you going to learn that "degrading other religion" and

"mine is
:> : better than yours" is not what Hinduism teaches if you claim to be
:> : Hindu.
:>
> Agarwaalji, when are you going to learn that using "I don't say anything
> even if I find something stupid because I'm a Hindu" only shows that
> Hinduism is a very stupid thing, atleast as you interpret it.

I was opposing to Baburam's reference to an holy book as the work of
some insane person. This is certainly not a well thought criticism but
looks like to have come out of hatred or again "mine is better than
yours syndrome".

:> : There is probably no religios book in the world where one can't

find a
:> : few contradictions. Quran is no exception. It also contains a lot
of
:> : good texts like other religious books.

:>

> Yeah ...so why the hell drag "I am a Hindu" in it anyway?? Are you really
> so hmm ...whatever minded that you cannot say or think anything without
> religious aid?

Because a lot of people, including perhaps you, are imposting as self
proclaimed spokeperson for Hindus on this group. One should never hurt
faith & feelings of other people, because basically this is what
religion is all about.

:> : Present generation of Muslims may

:> : not accept but it is quite possible that a few distortions occured
in
:> : the original text over the period of past 1400 years.
:> : How does it matter whether Quran is a word of God or not? It really
:> : depends upon what people believe. Also, mindless & fanatics like
you
:> : wouldn't get a chance to attack if Muslims start trusting spirit of
:> : Quran more than the Mullah's interpretation.

> Now now ...if God Awlmity is as intelligent as it is made out to be ...why
> is it that he couldn't figgur out the implications of his actions of
> giving out WORDS OF WISDOM to ppl like Arabs?? If he really couldn't
> calculate simple stuff like what would happen in such a case ...heh
> ...what is the use of bothering about his other stuff?

Let me ask you, Babu Bandar and everybody else, why is it causing pain
in your stomach whether Quran is a word of God or not. Whatever it is,
that word was not given to you.

> And it doesn't matter what the reality is??? Just what people believe???
> Why don't you go and start on some hallucinogens ...might make you more
> attuned to reality ...closer atleast than you are at present. Actually ..
> you sound surprisingly similar to the web page "Kids of the Future" or
> something ...who advise the poor souls who go there ...not to pay
> attention to what they see around themselves ...but only pay attention to
> what they believe inside their head ...where there are no contradictions.

You are doing the same by advising people how bad Quran is, on this
group.

I believe, Quran was written out of some good motive and that's why
people should follow it's spirit and not just the words and grammar.
Islamic world will change when it happens.

> : "I'll accept just about anything to sound 'cool' and 'mature'"

I didn't write the above line. Please don't distort my posts.

Narendra

Ranjit Mathews Piravonu

Jan 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/24/97

The FRIENDLY netter wrote:

> I was interested in a serious discussion and I asked one questions
> to Muslims, What is meaning of SATANIC VERSES ? Any muslims willing to
> reply.
>
> REgards,
> TFN

It would be interesting to hear what contemporary Muslims'
perspective on this. The account I've read is:

The Satanic Verses are found in Sura 53:19-20 which speak about the
goddesses Allat, Manat and Al Uzza, recognized by Muhammad during a
dispiriting time in Mecca. When he mentioned them, the Meccans rejoiced
and joined him in prayer. Then, supposedly Gabriel told him later to
change this revelation. This outraged the Meccans and Moses had to
flee to Medina.

Sura 53.19 "Have you then considered the Lat and the Uzza,
And Manat, the third, the last?
these are the exhalted birds [gharaniq]
whose intercession is approved

Sura 109 "Say O unbelievers, I serve not what you serve
and you are not serving what I serve,
Nor am I serving what you have served.
To you your religion and to me my religion!"
---
Ranjit Mathews ran...@swdc.stratus.com
2065 Hamilton Ave 408-559-5371
San Jose, CA 95125-5905 www.stratus.com

Javaid Wani

Jan 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/25/97

YOU ARE A REAL BASTARD. THAT WAS REALLY SAD TIME WHEN YOU WERE CONCEIVED
(IF YOU HAVE COME THROUGH A WOMB). YOU DONOT BELONG TO ANY RELIGION. IF I
SEE YOU I WILL BURY YOU ALIVE, YOU MOTHER FUCKER.

WITH REGARDS YOU DESERVE.

> The FRIENDLY netter wrote:
> >
> > The topic of the thread is true. Quran is not word of God. Forget
> > its being the word of God, it is not even words of a sane person. It is
> > full fo contradiction, it lacks cohesion and and betrays the divine
> > nature of the Universe. Mohammad was an imposter.
> >
> > This topic has been discussed millions of time on this net, still if
> > someone is there who joined later, or has some specific doubt, I will
> > try my best to explain him the truth.
> >
> > I am forgetting the name of the person who said, " Muslims are the
> > fist victime of Islam, and it is duty of humanity to same muslims from
> > it."
> >

> > Regards,
> > TFN
> >
> > In <01bc075e$998ce800$1baf...@singnet.singnet.com.sg> "AZAM ALI"
> > <ali...@mbox2.singnet.com.sg> writes:
> > >

> > >Sher-ni <vgs...@interlog.com> wrote in article
> > ><32E28A...@interlog.com>...

> > >GO TO HELL WITH YOUR NON SENSE

> Tell me if you have read Quraan your self ? what is in it that you think
> that a Muslim or any human should be saved from? I hope you are not
> confusing Islam with what ever you see and hear on media.
> 1. first of all its not a cult,

> 2. No one has been forced to follow it.

> 3. What ever you see in Quraan, its only for human benefit.

The FRIENDLY netter

Jan 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/25/97

Illusioned Muslims: Here is the full quote;

" Muslims are the first victim of Islam. Many Times I have observed
in my travels in the Orient, that fanaticism comes from a small number
of dangerous men who maintain others in the practice of religion by
terror. To liberate the Muslims from his religion is the best service
one can render him" - E. Renan

sorry for the heartburn, but it will be shocking for you guys to
learn that islam is really bogus ideology ( in fact it is not any
ideology).

I was interested in a serious discussion and I asked one questions
to Muslims, What is meaning of SATANIC VERSES ? Any muslims willing to
reply.

REgards,
TFN

In <Wani-24019...@159.14.42.16> Wa...@A1.mscf.upenn.edu (Javaid

The FRIENDLY netter

Jan 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/25/97

In <32E930...@wpo.hcc.com> "N. K. Agrawal" <nagr...@wpo.hcc.com>
writes:

>Manu Dube wrote:
>>
>> N. K. Agrawal (nagr...@wpo.hcc.com) wrote:
>>
>:> : When are you going to learn that "degrading other religion" and
>"mine is
>:> : better than yours" is not what Hinduism teaches if you claim to
be
>:> : Hindu.
>:>
>> Agarwaalji, when are you going to learn that using "I don't say
anything
>> even if I find something stupid because I'm a Hindu" only shows that
>> Hinduism is a very stupid thing, atleast as you interpret it.
>
>I was opposing to Baburam's reference to an holy book as the work of
>some insane person. This is certainly not a well thought criticism but
>looks like to have come out of hatred or again "mine is better than
>yours syndrome".

The issue is to anyalyze the quality and merit of a book ( Quran in
this case). Any objective analysis of the book should be free from any
prejudices that it is holy book of muslims, and therfore it should be
not criticized.

>:> : There is probably no religios book in the world where one can't
>find a
>:> : few contradictions. Quran is no exception. It also contains a lot
>of
>:> : good texts like other religious books.

So you agree that quran is an imperfect book. Will you please tell
and explain muslims how Quran is an imperfect. If you cannot do that,
do not jump into when others are doing the same. Arent we trying to
explain that Quran is not a work of sane person becuase a sane person
cannot author book like QURAN.

>:>
>> Yeah ...so why the hell drag "I am a Hindu" in it anyway?? Are you
really
>> so hmm ...whatever minded that you cannot say or think anything
without
>> religious aid?
>
>Because a lot of people, including perhaps you, are imposting as self
>proclaimed spokeperson for Hindus on this group. One should never hurt
>faith & feelings of other people, because basically this is what
>religion is all about.

And will you tell me for what reason you are apoligizing for
QURAN??

>:> : Present generation of Muslims may
>:> : not accept but it is quite possible that a few distortions
occured
>in
>:> : the original text over the period of past 1400 years.
>:> : How does it matter whether Quran is a word of God or not? It
really
>:> : depends upon what people believe. Also, mindless & fanatics like
>you
>:> : wouldn't get a chance to attack if Muslims start trusting spirit
of
>:> : Quran more than the Mullah's interpretation.
>>
>> Now now ...if God Awlmity is as intelligent as it is made out to be
...why
>> is it that he couldn't figgur out the implications of his actions of
>> giving out WORDS OF WISDOM to ppl like Arabs?? If he really couldn't
>> calculate simple stuff like what would happen in such a case ...heh
>> ...what is the use of bothering about his other stuff?
>
>Let me ask you, Babu Bandar and everybody else, why is it causing pain
>in your stomach whether Quran is a word of God or not. Whatever it is,
>that word was not given to you.

Becuase there are large number of Muslims in India as well as
hostile neighbours around it, who just want to destroy india, becuase
QURAN and its followers cannot coexist with Kafirs ( Hindus and other
non- Muslims). It is therefore, responsibility of all Indians to save
India form Isalm ( for nationalistic reasons ) and save Muslism from
Islam ( for Humanistic reasons).

Regards,
TFN

Gailani

Jan 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/25/97

robin <ro...@pe.net> wrote:

>>-sy...@laker.net ( Gailani) wrote:
>>-
>>-> we Muslims definitly are imperfect.
>>-> Hope you happy now. Robin ++
>>->
>>->
>>-> gailani

>>-Errr.. Not really, my question was not about Muslims, but about
>>-Islam. SO let us know if you think Islam - the Quran and the sayings
>>-and life of the Prophet are imperfect. Also could you tell us
>>-what specifically is wrong.

>>-Thank You

>>-Robin

Robin, answer is there, all you need is just
look real close , you will find it. I know you are
smart enough.

rgds,

gailani

robin

Jan 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/25/97

fox...@bu.edu (saleena begum saleem) wrote:

> u've hit the nail....
>
> sal.

Saleena:

Same question to you too! I do think you (and Gailani)
ought not to shy away from a simple "Yes, slam is imperfect"
and list why you feel so!

Robin

robin

Jan 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/25/97

bab...@ix.netcom.com(The FRIENDLY netter) wrote:

> The topic of the thread is true. Quran is not word of God. Forget
> its being the word of God, it is not even words of a sane person. It is
> full fo contradiction, it lacks cohesion and and betrays the divine
> nature of the Universe. Mohammad was an imposter.

In the Hindu frame of reference, God is everywhere and in everything.
So the Quran and the Gita (and Mad magazine) are all works of God(/ly
persons). I suspect you are right that the Quran is flawed (as
is everything else ). Your statement re Proph Mohd is - pardon me - stupid.
He ought to have said "I am divine"! He seems to have been too modest
to say so...!

> This topic has been discussed millions of time on this net, still if
> someone is there who joined later, or has some specific doubt, I will
> try my best to explain him the truth.

Why do I get the feeling you are unlikely to be approached by seekers
of "the truth" :-)

> Regards,
> TFN

Robin

ARVINDSODHI

Jan 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/25/97

Robin Bhai,

Akalmand ko ishara hi kafee hota hai.
Gailani thinks you are akalmand. So take the hint man.
And don't put him in a spot.

arvind.

Nomi

Jan 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/25/97

HELLO IDIOT TFN
NOW I BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE SOME SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH YOUR LIFE ,
DONT WORRY IDIOT TFN , THE HELL IS WAITING FOR YOUR CLUMSY FLESH AND
THERE WILL BE A DAY WHEN WE (MUSLIMS) WOULD LAUGH AT YOUR FILTHY
STATE...! GET GO TO HELL AND HURRY UP!!

> The topic of the thread is true. Quran is not word of God. Forget
>its being the word of God, it is not even words of a sane person. It is
>full fo contradiction, it lacks cohesion and and betrays the divine
>nature of the Universe. Mohammad was an imposter.
>

> This topic has been discussed millions of time on this net, still if
>someone is there who joined later, or has some specific doubt, I will
>try my best to explain him the truth.

N. Tiwari

Jan 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/25/97

**********************
: there isn't a single fact mentioned in the Quran that contradicts what
: we know to be true in science. Unlike other texts that have been changed
*******************************

Hardly true to begin with. It is a plain assertion of yours, with no
basis at all. Secondly, if Quran and science are so consistent, show
me the proof that Quran is the word of Allah as it claims. That shall
be a good beginning.

: for political or other well intentioned reasons, the Quran has been

: transcribed verbatim. Having read a lot of scriptures from other "human"
: sources, I am struck by the simplicity and timelessness of the verses

: in Quran, particularly the absense of elaborate imagery or dense
: philosophical concepts that can only be understood by theologians.

Totally inaccurate. Firstly, Quran and Hadis are not time-less.
Or else, how would you justify the relevance of 4 marriages
in modern times. Or the prescription that pig should not be
eaten, even if it is clean and well raised. That blows off
your time-less-ness claim. Secondly, it is not at all simple.
In fact, there are strong advices given to the ummah, that
the right way to understand QUran by seeking the opinion of
learned qazis and maulvis. This is ONE reason, why a Muslim
cannot have a direct relationship with God. (S)he has to have
the first interemediary as Mohammed, and several others in form
of priests. And it is the lack of explicitness (not essentially
bad) that you have several schools of thought withing regular
Islam. Also, the only way to get a good understanding of Koran
is by learning Arabic. That is not an easy task.

--
Nachiketa Tiwari

rafay

Jan 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/25/97

robin, i will ask you the same question again ..... which you seem to
be avoiding .. which religion were you born in and which one do you
practice today?

sahibzada rafay khan

robin

Jan 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/25/97

sy...@laker.net ( Gailani) wrote:

> robin <ro...@pe.net> wrote:
>
> >>-sy...@laker.net ( Gailani) wrote:
> >>-
> >>-> we Muslims definitly are imperfect.
> >>-> Hope you happy now. Robin ++
> >>->
> >>->
> >>-> gailani
>

> >>-Errr.. Not really, my question was not about Muslims, but about
> >>-Islam. SO let us know if you think Islam - the Quran and the sayings
> >>-and life of the Prophet are imperfect. Also could you tell us
> >>-what specifically is wrong.
>
> >>-Thank You
>
> >>-Robin
>
> Robin, answer is there, all you need is just
> look real close , you will find it. I know you are
> smart enough.
>
> rgds,
>
> gailani

Gailani:

Bear with me and spell it out! Say "Islam is imperfect" and MORE

IMPORTANTLY please indicate in what way.

Thanks

Robin

Ranjit Mathews Piravonu

Jan 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/25/97

N. Tiwari wrote:

> Salim Ahmed (asa...@dilbar.esd.sgi.com) wrote:
>
> : If you are really interested in reading a neutral, unbiased and
scientific
> : inquiry into the authenticity of the Quran, I refer you to "The
Bible,
> : The Quran and Science" by Maurice Bucaille. The bottom line is that
> **********************
> : there isn't a single fact mentioned in the Quran that contradicts
what

> : we know to be true in science. Unlike other texts that have been
changed
> *******************************

Has it been proven that a woman has only half the intelligence of
a man ?
> --
> Nachiketa Tiwari

The FRIENDLY netter

Jan 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/26/97

In <32E9B946...@swdc.stratus.com> Ranjit Mathews Piravonu
<ran...@swdc.stratus.com> writes:

>The FRIENDLY netter wrote:
>>
>> I was interested in a serious discussion and I asked one
questions
>> to Muslims, What is meaning of SATANIC VERSES ? Any muslims willing
>> reply.
>>
>> REgards,
>> TFN
>>
>It would be interesting to hear what contemporary Muslims'
>perspective on this. The account I've read is:
>
>The Satanic Verses are found in Sura 53:19-20 which speak about the
>goddesses Allat, Manat and Al Uzza, recognized by Muhammad during a
>dispiriting time in Mecca. When he mentioned them, the Meccans
rejoiced
>and joined him in prayer. Then, supposedly Gabriel told him later to
>change this revelation. This outraged the Meccans and Moses had to
>flee to Medina.
>
>Sura 53.19 "Have you then considered the Lat and the Uzza,
>And Manat, the third, the last?
>these are the exhalted birds [gharaniq]
>whose intercession is approved
>
>Sura 109 "Say O unbelievers, I serve not what you serve
>and you are not serving what I serve,
>Nor am I serving what you have served.
>To you your religion and to me my religion!"]

Thank you Mathews:

No muslim is going to disucss SATANIC VERSES with you or anyone. The
muslims avoid any discussion on this topic as it proves beyond any
doubt that Mohammad was an very ordinary person, who impersonated as
messanger of God. Unfortunately, islam is still folling muslims.

The SATANIC verses raises the question over the authenticity of the
QURAN as words of God( or even a person in good mental health). The
verses are called SATANIC, becuase when Muhammad spoke these words,
SATAN was sitting on the mouth of Muhammad and he made him ( Muhammad )
speak those verses ( which were , of course, wrong and has to be
revoked) in which he accepts that ALLAH is not the only god. The
recognition of gods of PAGAN Meccan proves that ALLAH is not the only
god.

The satanic verses are in straight conflict with the doctrine of
islam that ALLAH is the only GOD and the idol worship is a sin.

INtellectuals ask this questions to Muslims scholars, which is never
replied with, i.e. what is the proof that SATAN was not sitting on the
tounge of Muhammad when other parts of the quran were revealed. If
SATAN can decieve Muhammad and GOD, it means that SATAN is more
powerful than GOD. How will one know what verses in QURAN are words of
GOD and what are the words of SATAN.

AS the situation stands. Whole QURAN is word of SATAN. IT is not for
nothing that Rene called upon the humanity to save muslisms from ISLAM.

REgards,
TFN
>---

Mansoor Khan

Jan 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/26/97

In article <32E66F...@wpo.hcc.com> nagr...@wpo.hcc.com writes:
>Baburam imposting as The FRIENDLY netter wrote:
>>
>> The topic of the thread is true. Quran is not word of God. Forget
>> its being the word of God, it is not even words of a sane person. It is
>> full fo contradiction, it lacks cohesion and and betrays the divine
>> nature of the Universe. Mohammad was an imposter.
>>
>> This topic has been discussed millions of time on this net, still if
>> someone is there who joined later, or has some specific doubt, I will
>> try my best to explain him the truth.
>>
>> I am forgetting the name of the person who said, " Muslims are the
>> fist victime of Islam, and it is duty of humanity to same muslims from
>> it."
>

>Baburamji,

>When are you going to learn that "degrading other religion" and "mine is
>better than yours" is not what Hinduism teaches if you claim to be a
>Hindu.
>
>There is probably no religios book in the world where one can't find a
>few contradictions. Quran is no exception. It also contains a lot of
>good texts like other religious books. Present generation of Muslims may

>not accept but it is quite possible that a few distortions occured in
>the original text over the period of past 1400 years.

You can always claim that Quran is fake to begin with, but
the Quran today is exactly like what it was 1400 years ago.
there are hundreds of old copies and you can comapre it
word to word. So there is no distortion over 1400+ years.
Now if you come back with something like that Quran is fake
then we have our Net-Mujahideens who can answer you on that:-)

Mansoor Khan
Cleveland, Ohio

>How does it matter whether Quran is a word of God or not? It really
>depends upon what people believe. Also, mindless & fanatics like you
>wouldn't get a chance to attack if Muslims start trusting spirit of
>Quran more than the Mullah's interpretation.
>

>Narendra

Gailani

Jan 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/26/97

ARVINDSODHI <ARVIN...@prodigy.net> wrote:

>>-Robin Bhai,

>>-Akalmand ko ishara hi kafee hota hai.
>>-Gailani thinks you are akalmand. So take the hint man.
>>-And don't put him in a spot.

>>-arvind.

&&&& Arvind i would let you two Hindu friends
discuss and bash Islam, we will quietly read and
learn from you two intellectuals. No you not
putting me on spot but revealing your ??????

rgds,

gailani

>>-Gailani wrote:
>>->
>>-> robin <ro...@pe.net> wrote:
>>->

>>-> >>-sy...@laker.net ( Gailani) wrote:
>>-> >>-
>>-> >>-> we Muslims definitly are imperfect.

>>-> >>-> Hope you happy now. Robin ++
>>-> >>->
>>-> >>->
>>-> >>-> gailani
>>->
>>-> >>-Errr.. Not really, my question was not about Muslims, but about
>>-> >>-Islam. SO let us know if you think Islam - the Quran and the sayings
>>-> >>-and life of the Prophet are imperfect. Also could you tell us
>>-> >>-what specifically is wrong.
>>->
>>-> >>-Thank You
>>->
>>-> >>-Robin
>>->
>>-> Robin, answer is there, all you need is just
>>-> look real close , you will find it. I know you are
>>-> smart enough.
>>->
>>-> rgds,
>>->
>>-> gailani

Gailani

Jan 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/26/97

robin <ro...@pe.net> wrote:

>>->
>>-Gailani:

>>-Bear with me and spell it out! Say "Islam is imperfect" and MORE

>>-IMPORTANTLY please indicate in what way.

>>-Thanks

>>-Robin
raam jee,

I wanna make you feel good, so here it is

"hinduism is "PERFECT" ????

Hope this will help.

rgds,

gailani

rafay

Jan 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/26/97

robin wrote:

> Bear with me and spell it out! Say "Islam is imperfect" and MORE
>
> IMPORTANTLY please indicate in what way.
>
> Thanks
>
> Robin

Ask not us whether our religion is perfect
but ask yourself whether your own belief is imperfect
which makes you ask these questions

Abdul Jalil Abdul Latiff

Jan 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/27/97

In article <5cdtnn$e...@nntp.pe.net>, robin <ro...@pe.net> wrote:

>Bear with me and spell it out! Say "Islam is imperfect" and MORE
>
>IMPORTANTLY please indicate in what way.
>
>Thanks
>
>Robin

Brother, you have observed Islam through muslims, and indeed mankind is
imperfect and you are right, muslims are imperfect, though born perfect.

Why we bother so much is because we all seek the perfection
we lost after the fall.

Thus God is perfect, Islam and so thus all other religion.
They all teach they way to perfection, but most people do not understand and
most people choose the difficult way.

Which is the best way to perfection is for you yourself to judge.
If you think Islam in not good for you, then it is not good for you.
But if you see a muslim, more 'perfect' than yourself, then perhaps you
have something to learn ?
If you do not wish, the loss is your own.

I am just a bringer of good news.
The good news is simple, what is good for you is good for you.
Never mind what other people.

I uphold what is good and just and fair.
For God is Best, and Most Fair.

And To God we all shall return.

Abdul Jalil Abdul Latiff

Jan 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/27/97

In article <5ceoit$l...@dfw-ixnews4.ix.netcom.com>,
bab...@ix.netcom.com(The FRIENDLY netter) wrote:

> Thank you Mathews:
>
> No muslim is going to disucss SATANIC VERSES with you or anyone. The
>muslims avoid any discussion on this topic as it proves beyond any
>doubt that Mohammad was an very ordinary person, who impersonated as
>messanger of God. Unfortunately, islam is still folling muslims.

Amongst the false you speak is this ...

> No muslim is going to disucss SATANIC VERSES with you or anyone.

Here is one muslim, whom God has proven beyond reasonable doubt, that Truth
is Clear from Error.

The burden is now on you. And if you fail, and you would surely fail, then be
it known to you, then Hell awaits you *now*, for what happens after death is
beyond what i know.

robin

Jan 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/27/97

sy...@laker.net ( Gailani) wrote:
> raam jee,
>
> I wanna make you feel good, so here it is
>
> "hinduism is "PERFECT" ????
>
> Hope this will help.
>

> rgds,
>
> gailani

Gailani:

The question was whether you felt Islam is imperfect in any way,
and if so how.

Thank You

Robin

robin

Jan 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/27/97

robin

Jan 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/27/97

Hinduised Catholic and am occasionally Agnostic!

Robin

PS: Rafay, could you tell us specifically how is Islam
is imperfect?

Thanks

Mohammad Ahmad

Jan 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/27/97

First of all man, have you read the book???? ,do you know what the hell
the book talks about?? ....i have read it..it's a book of thilth my
friend, if you are a white man he called you all sons of bitches and that
white women ,no matter what they where where for fucking and throwing
over, he insulted ALL the religions of the world ,READ THE BLOODY BOOK
FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!,now do you expect me to take the words satanic
verses??????....from a gabage like that?????

Prem Thomas

Jan 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/27/97

robin wrote:

> Gailani:
>
> The question was whether you felt Islam is imperfect in any way,
> and if so how.
>
> Thank You
>
> Robin

*Every* religion is imperfect, insomuch as religion is a human device,
and humans are imperfect.

Prem

mailto:pre...@qed.net

Prem Thomas

Jan 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/27/97

robin wrote:

> > robin, i will ask you the same question again ..... which you seem to
> > be avoiding .. which religion were you born in and which one do you
> > practice today?
> >
> > sahibzada rafay khan
>
> Hinduised Catholic and am occasionally Agnostic!

Huh???

Prem

mailto:pre...@qed.net

Vivek Chopra

Jan 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/27/97

Mohammad Ahmad wrote:

I take it that you are talking about Rushdie's Satanic Verses? Sorry
friend, most of us *can't* read it. Our right to read and make up our
own mind about it was taken away. It is banned here in India and in
lots of other places.

--
/* Vivek Chopra */
#include <std/disclaimer.h>

N. K. Agrawal

Jan 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/27/97
to The FRIENDLY netter

The FRIENDLY netter wrote:

> In <32E66F...@wpo.hcc.com> "N. K. Agrawal" <nagr...@wpo.hcc.com>
> writes:

[snip]

> Dear Aggrawal: Your stupidity is worth recognition. I am not
> comparing Hinduism with Islam in this post. Please come out of your
> communal overhang.
>
> The islam is a bad ideology and I am interested in analyzing it on
> intellectual sence.
>
> Regards
> TFN

Baburam asking somebody to come out of "communal overhang" is like a
vulture giving lecture on vegetarianism.

Anyway, I am pleased you can recognize stupidity and therefore, may be
some day, you will recognize your own and stop writing bullshit and also
imposting as TFN on SCI.

Narendra

[snip]

Ranjit Mathews Piravonu

Jan 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/27/97

catholic Hinduism AND agnostic Catholicism :)-