JAGGA DAKU

Anil842

May 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/16/97

Hello Gujaraties,

I was just curious if any one had read a guj novel 'ver na varamna'
written
by Harikishan Mehta. The story is a true story about jagaa daku who was
born and raised in now Pakistan, then later towards the independence of
India came to Indi. Write me if any one is interested.
Thanks
Anil

Kamlesh

May 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/16/97
Yes,
I still remember the characters of the book, Bachchan, Hoshiyar were
his Saathi's. I liked that novel by Mehta. Also there was another one
"Amirali THag ni Pila Romalni Gaanth" was equally thrilling and
interesting novel also by H.Mehta.

I have read a lots of Gujarati Sahitya. My favorite are
1. Chandrakant Bakshi
2. ShivKumar Joshi
3. Bhagvatikumar Sharma
4. Ramanlal Vasantlal Desai
5. Ravji Patel,
and many others. ( I was staying away from Pannalal Patel especially).

Aakar, Jatakkatha, Ekaltana Kinara, Akashe Kahyun, Vansh, are some of my
favorites by bakshi. I have not read them since 10 years.

Diyo Abhayna Daan, Ghan Madhrate, Kaif Kasumbal, Kamal Kanan Colony,
Ayananshu, Chirag, are some of my fav's by Shivkumar Joshi.

Thanks for reminding me all these books.

Kamlesh.

7x24

May 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/17/97

I have read one of Mehta's book about 15 years ago. I bought this book
from "Pastee Lahree"(recycle-paper cart) near STATION(natraj theator) in
Baroda.

Can I find it at Bindoo Book Store(Baroda) or GALA(amdavad)? Or any
other book store in Baroda or Amdavad?

I am planning to visit Gujarat in June, and like to buy these books.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
mp

Kamlesh

May 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/17/97

Bharat Patel wrote:

> Are you sure about the name .. i think novel's name was different than
> ver na varamna .. i have read this book as well back in 80's .. when i
> was in india in March of this year .. i wanted to bring back whole bunch
> of H'Mehta's novel .. but i had to goto bombay in order to purchase it ..
> so i did not bring .. But hey H'Mehta was great .. he is still writing
> novels for Chitralekha .. BTW: What's is Email address? Does anyone
> knows?
>
> Bharat
The full name of the novel(partI & II) is

Jagga Dakuna Verna Varamana.

the e-mail of chitralekha is
in...@chitralekha.com
and
adve...@chitralekha.com

RECENTLY a running novel "Ant-Arambh" is in 40th week, and still running
good.
Chitralekha in USA costs Rs.1800 for one year, and I am subscribing it
for
last 4 years and it has never missed an issue.(Just for the info.)

Any Gujarati Novel is easily available at bookstores in Ahmedabad, You
have
to go to Gandhi road, Underbridge(Pool niche, Gandhi road).

Thanks

Kamlesh Nanavati

Shital Mitra

May 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/20/97

7x24 (7x...@msg.ti.com) wrote:
: I have read one of Mehta's book about 15 years ago. I bought this book

: from "Pastee Lahree"(recycle-paper cart) near STATION(natraj theator) in
: Baroda.

: Can I find it at Bindoo Book Store(Baroda) or GALA(amdavad)? Or any
: other book store in Baroda or Amdavad?

: I am planning to visit Gujarat in June, and like to buy these books.

: Any feedback is appreciated.

: Thanks,
: mp

Hi,

Thanks for reminding me about those great books.

There is one nice store in Baroda near "sanstha vasahat" in Dandiya bazaar
near all those medical clinics. If you want more information, send me an
email.

I vistited that store during my last visit to India and the store has a
great collection of all the gujarati books.

BTW, if you haven't read "Jad-Chetan" by H.Mehta then don't forget to buy
it as well.

Cheers,
Shital

business...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2015, 2:10:36 AM6/18/15
If you want to Like Gujarati Novel. So don't be Late. Because in this time Famous Gujarati Author Ajay Rathod Create a One Website And Publish his all Novel and Mega Novel in his Website. So Just Go to his Website and Read Latest and unpublished novel in Gujarati Language and it's also free. So just click on the Link and go to the Website of Ajay Rathod.
http://www.ajayrathod.in

business...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2015, 2:11:03 AM6/18/15

business...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2015, 2:11:18 AM6/18/15

business...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2015, 2:11:35 AM6/18/15

sanja...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2018, 4:59:40 AM2/7/18
Hi Anil I am interested in knowing more about jagga. And I want book in soft copy so I can save it. So please send me book if you have and give knowledge about jagga. I have completed all part of jagga daku na ver na valamna. My email id is jack8...@gmail.com Thank you.

janki soni

Dec 14, 2023, 9:22:13 AM12/14/23
On Friday, May 16, 1997 at 12:30:00 PM UTC+5:30, Kamlesh wrote:
> Anil842 wrote:
> >
> > Hello Gujaraties,
> >
> > I was just curious if any one had read a guj novel 'ver na varamna'
> > written
> > by Harikishan Mehta. The story is a true story about jagaa daku who was
> > born and raised in now Pakistan, then later towards the independence of
> > India came to Indi. Write me if any one is interested.
> > Thanks
> > Anil
> Yes,
> I still remember the characters of the book, Bachchan, Hoshiyar were
> his Saathi's. I liked that novel by Mehta. Also there was another one
> "Amirali THag ni Pila Romalni Gaanth" was equally thrilling and
> interesting novel also by H.Mehta.
> I have read a lots of Gujarati Sahitya. My favorite are
> 1. Chandrakant Bakshi
> 2. ShivKumar Joshi
> 3. Bhagvatikumar Sharma
> 4. Ramanlal Vasantlal Desai
> 5. Ravji Patel,
> and many others. ( I was staying away from Pannalal Patel especially).
> Aakar, Jatakkatha, Ekaltana Kinara, Akashe Kahyun, Vansh, are some of my
> favorites by bakshi. I have not read them since 10 years.
>
> Diyo Abhayna Daan, Ghan Madhrate, Kaif Kasumbal, Kamal Kanan Colony,
> Ayananshu, Chirag, are some of my fav's by Shivkumar Joshi.
> Thanks for reminding me all these books.
> Kamlesh.

Can anyone help me find a book mentioned here. "Ghan madhrate" from shivkumar joshi.