Who is the ugliest Miss Hong Kong so far??

Golden Eyes 007 ASNG/F95

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

In my opinion, the ugliest Miss Hong Kong are:
1) Lo Shuk Yee, Emily (1992 )
2) Mok Ho Yan (1993)
3) Yeung Yuen Yee (1995)

GE007

Golden Eyes 007 ASNG/F95

Jul 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/20/96

Felix Luk

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96

Golden Eyes 007 ASNG/F95 (s2...@acs.ryerson.ca) wrote:
: In my opinion, the ugliest Miss Hong Kong are:

: 1) Lo Shuk Yee, Emily (1992 )
: 2) Mok Ho Yan (1993)
: 3) Yeung Yuen Yee (1995)

Are you trying to be rude and nasty to people?

- felix
* audentes fortuna juvat (fortune favors the bold) *
* Felix Luk wind...@vcn.bc.ca *

*bewitched*

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96

On Thu, 18 Jul 1996, Golden Eyes 007 ASNG/F95 wrote:

> In my opinion, the ugliest Miss Hong Kong are:
> 1) Lo Shuk Yee, Emily (1992 )
> 2) Mok Ho Yan (1993)
> 3) Yeung Yuen Yee (1995)

> GE007

i don't think mok hoi yun and yeung yuen yee are that bad. they're still
pretty but most of all, they're smart and dai fong, tham ding-- exactly
what miss hk should be like. as for luk so yee, i agree that she's the
least pretty miss hk, followed closely by jaiy ling.

,****,,****,
,* ** *, "suir ling nei sum chee"
* *
* L.C. * who makes your heart go crazy?
*, ,*
*, ,*
'*,* *smiling while dreaming* ;)

*bewitched*

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96

On 21 Jul 1996, Slag665 wrote:

> Then who are the prettiest?

there's lots but i think the one that everybody loved was chu ling ling.

Slag665

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96

Then who are the prettiest?

Patrick Chung

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

On Sun, 21 Jul 1996, *bewitched* wrote:

> On 21 Jul 1996, Slag665 wrote:
>
> > Then who are the prettiest?

As well as the sexiest!
Maggie Cheung!

This is relatively speaking of course.

Pat Chung

CCCC CCCC C C C C CC C CCCC # My last name "CHUNG" means # TTYL
C C C CCCC C C C C C C CCC # clock in Cantonese as in #
CCCC C C C C C C CC C C # "Gey Deem Chung?" # JOY
C * CCCC C C CCCC C C CCCC # Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada # KING

*bewitched*

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

On 22 Jul 1996, Navors Khan wrote:

> >i don't think mok hoi yun and yeung yuen yee are that bad. they're still
> >pretty but most of all, they're smart and dai fong, tham ding-- exactly
> >what miss hk should be like. as for luk so yee, i agree that she's the
> >least pretty miss hk, followed closely by jaiy ling.
>

> but we can argue that if a person has the qualities necessary to be miss
> hk, her looks should not be a large factor. in face, although all
> beauty pageants are called beauty pageants, they also take into
> consideration (to some degree, it seems like) the other worldly
> accomplishments of the contestants. because someone who is not as
> pretty as another wins the contest, that means that the judges were
> thinking of overall effects of the contestant and not just looks

i hope you didn't misinterpret what i was saying cuz i totally agree that
inter personality should be the most important factor in the contests.
however for the miss hk pageants, i think the judges most of the time are
really superficial. i remember one year, anita mui was a judge and they
asked her what she was looking for in the contestants. she said that she really
wanted height cuz she thinks the winner should be as tall as the other
contestants when she goes to miss universe. i was so shocked. how stupid
is that? i mean, sure it would be nice to have a pretty miss hk but what
good does it do if she looks like a model but sucks in the interview competiton.
i dunno, just my opinion.

Navors Khan

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

--
Navorskatie
Museum of Vivian Chow http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/1412

Yixin Gu

Jul 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/23/96

Patrick Chung wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Jul 1996, *bewitched* wrote:
>
> > On 21 Jul 1996, Slag665 wrote:
> >
> > > Then who are the prettiest?
> As well as the sexiest!
> Maggie Cheung!

I totally AGREE!!! And Anita Yuen Wing Yee is one of the cutest!

Slag665

Jul 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/23/96

What do you people think about Lee Shan Shan, Poon Chi Lai, and
Yuen Choi Wun?

Tristan Chu

Jul 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/23/96

: i hope you didn't misinterpret what i was saying cuz i totally agree that
: inter personality should be the most important factor in the contests.
: however for the miss hk pageants, i think the judges most of the time are
: really superficial. i remember one year, anita mui was a judge and they
: asked her what she was looking for in the contestants. she said that she really
: wanted height cuz she thinks the winner should be as tall as the other
: contestants when she goes to miss universe. i was so shocked. how stupid
: is that? i mean, sure it would be nice to have a pretty miss hk but what
: good does it do if she looks like a model but sucks in the interview competiton.

Don't look highly at the pageants. The questions and interviews are
stupid. And most of the time, the girls have stupid answers. I remember
one contestant said when asked a lot of questions, "Please don't mess
with me." It is not even worth discussing because it is more of a show
than a real contest. And the judges are "stupid," it is mostly the rich
guys with celebrities.

Patrick Wong

Jul 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/23/96

In article <4so7vj$5...@news.ipoline.com>, s2...@acs.ryerson.ca (Golden Eyes 007 ASNG/F95) wrote:
>In my opinion, the ugliest Miss Hong Kong are:
>1) Lo Shuk Yee, Emily (1992 )
>2) Mok Ho Yan (1993)
>3) Yeung Yuen Yee (1995)
>
>GE007

I think the most ugly one is YEUNG YUEN YEE, :(

Best Regards,
Patrick Wong
E-Mail : ptw...@infolink.net
Homepage : http://www.infolink.net/~ptwong/lsw

||||||\ /||\ ||||||| ||||||\ ||||| /|||\ ||| |||
|| || || ||| || \\\ ||||| \|||/ ||| |||

(C)1996 Patrick Wong - Winnie Lau Support Association 劉小慧支援社

*bewitched*

Jul 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/24/96

On 23 Jul 1996, Slag665 wrote:

> What do you people think about Lee Shan Shan, Poon Chi Lai, and
> Yuen Choi Wun?

i think they're all pretty. hey, i saw the miss hk contestants on cheel
kup mo dic juerng moon yun and they all looked so much prettier. i don't
know why they would look better after the competition but they did. good
packaging doesn't come til later, i guess.

*SunShine*

Jul 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/25/96

No offence or ANYTHING, but I really wonder why so many guys like 'Yuen
Wing Yee' so much. I don't think she's pretty at all. She has no 'sun
choy' or anything and she isn't beautiful or pretty. All I got to admit
is that she is REALLY funny and silly and a little psycho..but other then
that, I don't see why everyone calls her 'lang lang'..

Jeffrey Szeto

Jul 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/25/96

In article <31F4F0...@acpub.duke.edu>,

>> As well as the sexiest!
>> Maggie Cheung!

What happened? I almost had to slap myself before I realized I wasn't
dreaming...

I actually AGREE with something that Patrick has posted! Amazing! :)

Maggie Cheung was the first ever actress that I found attractive (I must have
been in grade 1 or 2 at the time, don't remember.)

Jeffrey Ho Yin Szeto (司徒浩然)
Harvard University
139 Pforzheimer Mail
Cambridge, MA 02138
jsz...@fas.harvard.edu
為國為民,俠之大者。

KStew111

Jul 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/26/96

just a moment of your time..please!
please consider the thought!

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Hmmmm!

Interesting thought, Eh?

Golden Eyes 007-ASNG/W96

Jul 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/26/96

sla...@aol.com (Slag665) wrote:
>What do you people think about Lee Shan Shan, Poon Chi Lai, and
>Yuen Choi Wun?
I don't think they are pretty when compare with the other ex-Miss HK.
I think they are too young and thus lacking the sense of mature and
wisdom. For me, Miss HK is just a show, I don't really care who is the
champion because all the result is desided behind the scene. Last thing,
Lee Shan Shan is nothing special and the similar girls can be found easily
all over Hong Kong, what I mean is the Miss HKs this year have nothing to
make themselves being impressive. They are not the good choices when
promoting HK overseas.

GE007

Yixin Gu

Jul 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/26/96

She is not pretty, of course not beautiful, what she has is CUTE, the
thing you see "funny and silly" is what people like. She is a good
actress with the most natural acting in all kinds of roles. I have
watched every single of her movies upon to "Tri-stars", and only two
words for her: YOUNG and CUTE.

Vance W Yung

Jul 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/26/96

Hi! I think that those three are not really that bad. One of the
Miss Hong Kong that I think is not that good looking is Kwok Oi Ming. She
is the one in Detective Investigation File (Carmen). This is just my
opinion.

Vance

Yixin Gu

Jul 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/27/96

She was not bad back in 1991, she is way too skinny now.

Sin Cheung Ho

Jul 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/27/96

> She was not bad back in 1991, she is way too skinny now.

Mok Ho Yan and Yueng Yuen Yee are not good looking at all.
I wonder how they got their Miss Hong Kong title.

Felix Luk

Jul 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/28/96

*SunShine* (m...@acs.ucalgary.ca) wrote:
: No offence or ANYTHING, but I really wonder why so many guys like 'Yuen
: Wing Yee' so much. I don't think she's pretty at all. She has no 'sun
: choy' or anything and she isn't beautiful or pretty. All I got to admit
: is that she is REALLY funny and silly and a little psycho..but other then
: that, I don't see why everyone calls her 'lang lang'..

Right now, when she wears that short hair and dressed youthfully, she
doesn't seem all that pretty, but there's that vitality and confidence
showing through. Have you seen her with long hair and dressed up in a
more mature manner? I'd say she looks great.

*bewitched*

Jul 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/29/96

oh god, there it goes again. is beauty really the most important thing to
everybody? i thought by now, that people would understand that
intelligence and confidence is where it's at. and if you don't know why
they got their titles, you should watch the competitions over again.
their performances were obviously superior to the others.

柳生十兵衛

Jul 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/30/96

李美姍

(不是李珊珊!!!)

Kenneth Leong

Aug 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/1/96

*SunShine* <m...@acs.ucalgary.ca> writes:

>No offence or ANYTHING, but I really wonder why so many guys like 'Yuen
>Wing Yee' so much. I don't think she's pretty at all. She has no 'sun
>choy' or anything and she isn't beautiful or pretty. All I got to admit
>is that she is REALLY funny and silly and a little psycho..but other then
>that, I don't see why everyone calls her 'lang lang'..

Yep, she's not spectacular looking I agree. But you could say that she's
above the average look a bit. Well definitely not ugly that's for sure.

Kenny L.
--
Kenny Leong

email: Kennet...@marlin.jcu.edu.au

JT

Aug 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/3/96

Kenneth Leong wrote:

> *SunShine* <m...@acs.ucalgary.ca> writes:
>
> >No offence or ANYTHING, but I really wonder why so many guys like 'Yuen
> >Wing Yee' so much.

Natural reaction of the hormones.

>> I don't think she's pretty at all.

I think she's pretty ...... not gorgeous though. Pretty can be said in
many ways. There are different grades to it. I agree that she's not that
FANTASTIC but she's pretty ...... at least I liked her long hair image.

Besides, she's very versatile. She can blend into any roles she accepts.
Remember "New Endless Love", "He's a Man, She's a Woman" (or something
like that, with Carina and Chueng Kok Yoong). She draws you into the
plot. She can look so demure and cute at times and yet so strong and
helpless.

Perhaps you're prettier than her. Most pretty girls don't consider girls
pretty unless they (other girls) are prettier.

>> She has no 'sun
> >choy' or anything and she isn't beautiful or pretty.

"Sun choy". You you mean big breast coupled with big bust? Or do you
mean body curvature? Have you seen her in tight fitting suits or naked?
How can you say that! Unless you're so limited and immature in your
thinking that big breast and bust is good figure. Good figure is nice
body curvature. One of the best looking and alluring body I've seen is
British Gabrialle Anwar (For money or love, etc.). She hasn't got big
breast and bust but her figure is VERY good.

Again, you may have better figure than Anita. Yours may be big. But if
yours is BIG, then you look horrible and gross when naked. Oversized.
Saggy, droopy, formless, waterbags, etc.

Sorry to hurt your feelings if I did hit the nail on the head. It's a
fact. Didn't Amy Yip look horrible when naked. Pamela Anderson Lee?

>> All I got to admit
> >is that she is REALLY funny and silly and a little psycho..but other then
> >that, I don't see why everyone calls her 'lang lang'..

It's a kind of beauty. It's her hidden attribute.

> Yep, she's not spectacular looking I agree. But you could say that she's
> above the average look a bit.

More than a bit. I'm not her avid fan and I don't like her specifically
but I think she deserves at least 60%.

> Well definitely not ugly that's for sure.

Yap! Right on!

feli...@hk.super.net

Aug 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/3/96

Agree. However, Yeung Yuen Yee may not be the worst one.

*SunShine*

Aug 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/5/96

> Again, you may have better figure than Anita. Yours may be big. But if
> yours is BIG, then you look horrible and gross when naked. Oversized.
> Saggy, droopy, formless, waterbags, etc.

HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY!!! That is SOOOO mean. I didn't say she didn't have
ANY 'sun choy' at all..I just don't understand why so many guys drool over
that because I always thought that all guys go for is looks. But I've
learned here that there are actually some sensible guys out there. Like I
said before, I don't think she's pretty, she's cute..but what I do know is
she's a great actress and a women with great personalities!!! Gosh, I'm
sorry for expressing my opinion on "Who's the ugliest Miss HK"..that was
the topic and I just responded, my opinion. I don't hate the girl, I
think she is great, but she's just not pretty that's all. But to me, the
attitude is all that matters because when a person ages, they all look the
same anyways..OKAY?! Gosh..you hurt my feelings..

> Sorry to hurt your feelings if I did hit the nail on the head. It's a
> fact. Didn't Amy Yip look horrible when naked. Pamela Anderson Lee?

I'm REALLY sorry..but I've never seen them naked okay?!! 'Sun choy' to me
doesn't mean big breasts or whatever..it means everything put
together..remember, I was the one who said that I thought women with
breast sizes over like a C is disgustingly gross..errr..you make me sound
so ... mean.. AND, I'm not pretty or whatever 'sun choy' so
there..gosh..make me sound conceited too...by answering ONE question..

JT

Aug 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/7/96

*SunShine* wrote:

> > Again, you may have better figure than Anita. Yours may be big. But if
> > yours is BIG, then you look horrible and gross when naked. Oversized.
> > Saggy, droopy, formless, waterbags, etc.
>
> HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY!!! That is SOOOO mean. I didn't say she didn't have
> ANY 'sun choy' at all

Well, I replied to what was posted. If you're not convinced, refer to
the extract below. I could be referring to the wrong person ......

>..I just don't understand why so many guys drool over

Please exclude me ...... I've always picture my dream girl as pure,
innocent, sweet, etc. I'll never sidetrack to fantasy issues ......

> that because I always thought that all guys go for is looks.

Well, first impression strikes. The other half must be somewhat
attractive on the outlook to capture you attention ...... how else would
you noptice his/her existance? Agree?

The case could be reversed if you've known each other for long, then
inner beauty comes into the picture. Either case, no matter how
pretty/handsome the other half is, you'll never go long if the inner is
ulgy. Agree?

> But I've
> learned here that there are actually some sensible guys out there.

You're right. Here's a lesson. Don't ever generalise again. It'd cost
you.

Hmm ...... I thought all girls were vain and materialistic ...... just
jokin', no hard feelings?!?!?

> Like I
> said before, I don't think she's pretty, she's cute..

Hmm ...... I didn't read that ...... maybe that's implied.

> but what I do know is
> she's a great actress and a women with great personalities!!!

Can't agree more.

> Gosh, I'm
> sorry for expressing my opinion on "Who's the ugliest Miss HK"..that was
> the topic and I just responded, my opinion.

I understand.

> I don't hate the girl, I
> think she is great, but she's just not pretty that's all. But to me, the
> attitude is all that matters because when a person ages,

Sensible thoughts.

> they all look the
> same anyways..OKAY?!

Well, not actually the same. Perhaps same in the sense that old ......
errr ...... matured ladies are not that attractive, captivating.

> Gosh..you hurt my feelings..

Sorry about that again.

> > Sorry to hurt your feelings if I did hit the nail on the head. It's a
> > fact. Didn't Amy Yip look horrible when naked. Pamela Anderson Lee?
>
> I'm REALLY sorry..but I've never seen them naked okay?!!

Well, actually me either. Just a thought. I believe they look horrid
enough when naked. Right?

> 'Sun choy' to me
> doesn't mean big breasts or whatever..

That's right.

>it means everything put
> together..remember, I was the one who said that I thought women with
> breast sizes over like a C is disgustingly gross

Sorry. Didn't catch the thread. Anyway, I wouldn't understand. Never
studied the cup sizes of women. What's A, B, C, D, bust line, etc. No
idea. Terms, that's all I know.

>..errr..you make me sound
> so ... mean.. AND, I'm not pretty

Actually all females are pretty in their own sense. Even the "ulgiest"
female can be pretty at times ...... if you'd cared to notice. Don't be
disheartend. You're pretty. That's a compliment from me. You're at least
pretty in your thoughts.

> or whatever 'sun choy' so

"Mou sun choy" is also "sun choy" right? Caught it? No? 26-26-26 is also
"sun choy" right?!?!?

> there..gosh..make me sound conceited too...by answering ONE question..

Don't lose heart in posting again. Usenet need more people like you and
me to add spice to the threads to make it more fun.

>-------------------------------- EXTRACT -----------------------------<

Again, you may have better figure than Anita. Yours may be big. But if

yours is BIG, then you look horrible and gross when naked. Oversized.
Saggy, droopy, formless, waterbags, etc.

Sorry to hurt your feelings if I did hit the nail on the head. It's a

fact. Didn't Amy Yip look horrible when naked. Pamela Anderson Lee?

>> All I got to admit

> >is that she is REALLY funny and silly and a little psycho..but other then
> >that, I don't see why everyone calls her 'lang lang'..

It's a kind of beauty. It's her hidden attribute.

> Yep, she's not spectacular looking I agree. But you could say that she's
> above the average look a bit.

More than a bit. I'm not her avid fan and I don't like her specifically
but I think she deserves at least 60%.

> Well definitely not ugly that's for sure.

Yap! Right on!

> Kenny L.
> --
> Kenny Leong
>
> email: Kennet...@marlin.jcu.edu.au

--

The Fourteen Greatest of Life

1) The Greatest Enemy in Life is Oneself
2) The Greatest Failure in Life is Conceitedness
3) The Greatest Ignorance in Life is Deception
4) The Greatest Sorrow in Life is Jealousy
5) The Greatest Mistake in Life is Despair
6) The Greatest Sin in Life is Deluding Oneself
7) The Greatest Pity in Life is Inferiority Complex
8) The Greatest Convincement in Life is Improvement
9) The Greatest Bankruptcy in Life is Losing Hope
10) The Greatest Wealth in Life is Good Health
11) The Greatest Debt in Life is in Another's Debt
12) The Greatest Gift in Life is Magnanimity
13) The Greatest Flaw in Life is Weak Mind
14) The Greatest Heart Heartening Affair in Life is Planning Ahead