Hmong Mythology

LOMTED

Jun 10, 2009, 11:36:49 PM6/10/09
Hmong Mythology muaj licas tiag? Raws li kuv tau nug ib tug Hmoob laug
nyob Twincities thiab nws tau teb txog ntawm peb Hmoob kev paub txog
Hmoob kev ntseeg. Nws tias muaj cov pab pawg thiab cov coj ntawm cov
pab pawg ntawv muaj li nram no.

Tuam Theejtswb, Tuam Likoo, Tuam Tsimoo, Tuam Vajneeb (Txoov Sivyis),
Tuam Chojlooj thiab Tuam Fajfoo. Cov thawjcoj no ntseeg tau tias yog
ib cov thawj coj ua muaj pab muaj pawg thiab lawv lub luag haujlwm yog
tswj lub ntuj thiab lub teb no.

Tuam Theejtswb (aka Huabtais Ntuj) - The Supreme Leader of the
Spiritual World

Tuam Liskoo (aka Yawm Ntxwg or Yawm Ntxawg Nyoog) - The Chief Justice
of the Spiritual World.

Tuam Tsimoo (aka ?) The Chief of Agriculture of the Spiritual World

Tuam Vajneeb (aka, Yawm Txoov Sivyis) - The Chief of Health of the
Spiritual World.

Tuam Chojlooj (aka ? ) The Chief of Infrastructure Spiritual World

Tuam Fajfoo (aka ?) The Chief of Energy Spiritual World

Anyone have any other information regard to these individuals, there
duties, power or responsibility beside serves as the head of the
spiritual world and/or other figures. Please share with us here or
swing by Hmoobwiki ( http://www.hmongportal.com/wiki ) and share with
Hmoob there.

If possible please write in Hmoob.

Thanks

zhen

Jun 11, 2009, 2:35:48 AM6/11/09
LOMTED

> Hmong Mythology muaj licas tiag? Raws li kuv tau nug ib tug Hmoob laug
> nyob Twincities thiab nws tau teb txog ntawm peb Hmoob kev paub txog
> Hmoob kev ntseeg. Nws tias muaj cov pab pawg thiab cov coj ntawm cov
> pab pawg ntawv muaj li nram no.
>
> Tuam Theejtswb, Tuam Likoo, Tuam Tsimoo, Tuam Vajneeb (Txoov Sivyis),
> Tuam Chojlooj thiab Tuam Fajfoo. Cov thawjcoj no ntseeg tau tias yog
> ib cov thawj coj ua muaj pab muaj pawg thiab lawv lub luag haujlwm yog
> tswj lub ntuj thiab lub teb no.

raws li kuv paub, tuam = da = large/big. nws yog lus suav. theej tsw =
tian zhu = Lord of Heaven. nws yog lus suav. Tuam Lis Koo yog xob. nws
kuj yog lus suav.

ib co koj hais no, hmoob tseem hu txog hauv khawv koob. tej zaum koj
tau noog cov hmoob txawj + paub khawv koob.

Tony

Jun 11, 2009, 4:53:26 AM6/11/09
Hmong lived thousands of years in China and had adopted or influenced
by the Chinese philosophers and religion. Perhaps, some of these were
originated by Hmong. Lacking the written system, Hmong had no claim
of such origination. Through travel logue in China, many villages and
towns tucked away in the remote place in Southwest China held their
culture back some 2000 years. Many of their arts and grafts, and
infrastructure looked so Chinese. Myth became tradition. Myth
manifested in their daily life but no written system to capture their
belief.

zhen

Jun 11, 2009, 11:16:41 AM6/11/09

> Lacking the written system, Hmong had no claim
> of such origination.

now, that's truly a myth.

> Many of their arts and grafts, and
> infrastructure looked so Chinese.

and what's "chinese"? the so-called "chinese" adopted and assimilated
many people (including the best of their art, technology, beliefs,
culture, etc...).

(you meant arts and crafts right? not arts and grafts).

Tony

Jun 11, 2009, 12:13:57 PM6/11/09
It was crafts and not grafts.

"and what's "chinese"?" Chinese to our fresh eyes as Meo in laos and
Hmong in America are the chinese writing, dragon images, building
structures, red and gold colors, and many forms of arts and crafts
which represent Chinese at a glimps.

Many arts and crafts were attributed to the Miao which became part of
the mainstream Chinese. They were less likely to refer as Miao.
Things that were attributed to the Miao were mainly religion, cultural
dances and rituals, and ancient arts and crafts with handmade items.

Myth, legendary, and tradition all intervowen into their current life.

zhen

Jun 11, 2009, 12:22:02 PM6/11/09

> "and what's "chinese"?" Chinese to our fresh eyes as Meo in laos and
> Hmong in America are the chinese writing, dragon images, building
> structures, red and gold colors, and many forms of arts and crafts
> which represent Chinese at a glimps.

fresh eyes?

while you're at it, miao in china, meo in laos, and mung in america.

> Many arts and crafts were attributed to the Miao which became part of
> the mainstream Chinese. They were less likely to refer as Miao.
> Things that were attributed to the Miao were mainly religion, cultural
> dances and rituals, and ancient arts and crafts with handmade items.

ignorance. even western scholars had for a very long time thought
"chinese" was a monoculture.

Tony

Jun 11, 2009, 2:33:17 PM6/11/09
Soon, mung will become myth in America. America is one, no matter if
you are black, white, yellow, brown, or red. Hmong is known for their
stone age culture, food, colorful clothing, dances, and festival.

LOM

Jun 11, 2009, 3:57:48 PM6/11/09
"Hmong is known for their stone age culture, food, colorful clothing,
dances, and festival"

Cut the crap, Tony, if you don't have any good to say about the Hmong
people. Just shut up, read more! I do appreciate your opinion and I
totally understand about you right to express your opinion but freedom
of speech should blind you to make a fool of yourself.

Tony

Jun 11, 2009, 7:07:04 PM6/11/09
Hey LOMTED! Are you trying too hard to get people to write the Hmong
history and whatever else comes along the way? I was just responding
to zhen's smart remark. She had named all kinds of names to Hmong. I
discussed Hmong within context wheather they are in China, Laos, or
America. I have not seen you said rebuke her expression. So, how do
you expect people to contribute to you hmongwiki?

If you don't like my statement, do a little research yourself and see
how Hmong was call ever since we set foot in this land. Look around
you and see how America view Hmong.

Your inviting statement "If possible please write in Hmoob" was very
offensive, just in case you want to know.

zhen

Jun 11, 2009, 8:39:55 PM6/11/09
tony,

> Hey LOMTED! Are you trying too hard to get people to write the Hmong
> history and whatever else comes along the way? I was just responding
> to zhen's smart remark. She had named all kinds of names to Hmong. I
> discussed Hmong within context wheather they are in China, Laos, or
> America. I have not seen you said rebuke her expression. So, how do
> you expect people to contribute to you hmongwiki?

you said "miao" and "meo", did you not? ready carefully. since you
insulted hmong people with those derogatory terms, i was giving you a
"smart remark", why stop there? why not continue with mung? so, are
your feelings hurt? you yourself called us "stone age" culture, food,
dances, etc... so, if you can call us miao and meo, please, don't stop
there. and if you call our culture "stone age", don't get offended
yourself when others say such and such about you.

> If you don't like my statement, do a little research yourself and see
> how Hmong was call ever since we set foot in this land. Look around
> you and see how America view Hmong.

well, one thing's for sure, i know you think our culture is "stone
age" and if not, you perpetuate that "myth" with you own set of "smart
remarks" (they're not smart by any means, so don't let it go to your
head, figure of speech).

> Your inviting statement "If possible please write in Hmoob" was very
> offensive, just in case you want to know.

why so? because of the racist mong who want to exclude hmoob people?
why do mong always hate the hmong leng, hmong green, and hmong white
dialect speaking groups?

i already said, if mong want to write in mong race language about mong
race unique history and culture, then start mongportal.com. but, mong
race always make separatist remarks and try to undermine hmong people
and all its dialects. the federation has already disintegrated, or
what?

a long time ago, i heard that you hate hmong people because your wife
had an affair. and since then, you hold a grudge against hmong people
and culture. like a lot of people said about pa moua, don't turn your
personal problems into cultural problems. and i will add, don't turn
your mong race problem into a hmong problem.

got it? you have the right to separate and create your new race... you
said that yourself. please, exercise that God given right and identify
and create a non-stone-age mong race for all americans to praise.
amen?

LOM

Jun 11, 2009, 10:13:33 PM6/11/09
Tony

It's non of my business and I do not take into account whatever said
between you and zhen. But it bother me and I could not tolerant it
when a Hmong educator like yourself and I say that without doubt come
up with such statement like the one below for your own convenience to
go against your people and your own conscious just to make a point.
That's such shameful.

cwjmem

Jun 11, 2009, 10:25:46 PM6/11/09
Lom,

Now, Tony converts himself to a White man's religion and he thinks he
is better than our Hmong folks. Tony's remark is shameful that he
degrace his own kind.

zhen

Jun 12, 2009, 1:37:06 AM6/12/09
in reality, tony, holds a grudge against you more than me. that you
should say or not say anything to me, should not even be of tony's
concern. but since you did say something to him, then he cried like a
big baby and involved me, "I have not seen you said rebuke her
[zhen's] expression.?" and note the biblical word, 'rebuke'.

now, the mong race member of the federation held a grudge against you
when you said the below.

> "If possible please write in Hmoob"

that's why the mong race member of the federation carrying the life
blood veins decided to insult hmong people with the statement below.

> "Hmong is known for their stone age culture, food, colorful clothing,
> dances, and festival"

do you see how deep their hatred runs?

zhen

Jun 12, 2009, 1:40:27 AM6/12/09

> Now, Tony converts himself to a White man's religion and he thinks he
> is better than our Hmong folks.

does he "think"? that he should "think" and fire some of those action
potentials, would slow his decline downward the slippery slope to
eternal damnation of ignorance.

but, he does 'believe' that he is better. perhaps even that Jesus was
not a bastard.

> Tony's remark is shameful that he
> degrace his own kind.

no, mong race federation life blood veins have mong power in these
type of remarks. these remarks are dividends from their stock of
separatist and racist mong power corporations.

Tony

Jun 12, 2009, 6:24:44 AM6/12/09
Blah, blah, blah, three against one. That is great. You were short
of doing your research. The truth hurts! Do open your eyes and
observe for yourself. Good life ties with the mainstream. Bad life
remained with the people. Have you heard what came from the Mao in
China? The good looking women were married off to the rich Chinese.
Only the ugly women were ours. That was a true remorse of the Mao man
in China. Hmong had done great thing in America as well, but when it
comes to culture, the good old life reflects the people.

Hmong mythology does not include Mao, Meo, and Hmong, then it must me
Mung? That is truly Hmong Myth. Within context, those were the names
used in those countries. They were real. Reality is what counts.
You ignore reality in its proper time, you create yourself a make
belief myth.

Keep on shaming and it will remain in there forever. Accepting
reality will ease your belief.

Tony

Jun 12, 2009, 6:52:21 AM6/12/09
Lom,

Don't even think that you are the only one who care about the Hmong
people. What I stated "stone age" was not my words. I merely bring
to our attention on what was said. It is about time for you to accept
the bad as well as the good. Defend what is precious to you, those
who support your agenda, and scorn those who not so supportive. That
is really not a good thing. Why tolerated other threads other than
these two "hmoobwiki" and "Hmong Mythology?"

zhen

Jun 12, 2009, 10:22:13 AM6/12/09

> Blah, blah, blah, three against one. That is great.

hahahaha.. told you.. "big mong race baby". thaum kawg mong race hais
"blah blah blah" xwb?

> You were short
> of doing your research.

no, he was doing research, but you were making your personal problems
into cultural problems. you said you live in a world of cause and
effect. cause = your wife had an affair. effect = you blame hmong
people for your pain and misfortune. poor poor poor mong race baby.

> The truth hurts!

it does hurt doesn't it? but i am sure with your inglis zkills, you
find can woman anoder.

> Do open your eyes and
> observe for yourself. Good life ties with the mainstream. Bad life
> remained with the people. Have you heard what came from the Mao in
> China? The good looking women were married off to the rich Chinese.
> Only the ugly women were ours. That was a true remorse of the Mao man
> in China. Hmong had done great thing in America as well, but when it
> comes to culture, the good old life reflects the people.

hahahaha. mob sab dlhau hwv lawm lov? sau tsis tau ntawv ncaaj le
lawm? who's the "Mao"? stop creating names... "u research fell short?"
hahhaha

if you did your research, what's the percentage of "good looking
women" who were married off to the "rich Chinese"? the only "true
remorse" was the mong race man in america whose wife mus deev hluas
nraug xwb sav?

> Hmong mythology does not include Mao, Meo, and Hmong, then it must me
> Mung? That is truly Hmong Myth. Within context, those were the names
> used in those countries. They were real. Reality is what counts.
> You ignore reality in its proper time, you create yourself a make
> belief myth.

"reality"? like you believing Jesus is not a bastard? does that
count?

> Keep on shaming and it will remain in there forever. Accepting
> reality will ease your belief.

obviously, you have not accepted reality enough, because your pain
from your broken home still remains and hmong is still "stone age" to
you. it's okay, you have hope with mong race fedelations,
inkorpoorated.

amen?

zhen

Jun 12, 2009, 10:24:31 AM6/12/09
idiot,

you said nothing related to his question/concern/research. you just
"blah blah blah" against hmong people. i wonder why mej cuv nam mong
race tsis tuaj "scorn" zhen nis zhen lawm? hahahahaha negative
campaigns.

cwjmem

Jun 12, 2009, 11:32:12 AM6/12/09
Tony,

You are living in your own dream world. You are truly being controlled
by your Jesus demon. Hmong myths, Chinese myths, and bible myths are
no difference than what are written in the Greek mythology. Are they
true? Depend on what you believe, but Greek, Hmong, and Chinese
mythical icons are not put on show for worshipping as Christian
god..Jesus-nailed-on cross. You must free yourself from your god
that controls you to see the benefit of discussing, or else, put it at
home.

How do you define a good and bad life of your own? One person's life
depends own how he/she crafts it. Society, environment, and religion
may play parts of it, but the truth behind it is a personal drive.
Like I mention before "you are the engineer in your own life" no one
can change and live your life for you. There is no bad or good life
as long as you feel good about it.

If you abandon your own language, culture and tradition are you are
truly lost soul in this world, brother! How can you call yourself a
MUNG when you can't even understand the language, tradition, and
culture that our ancestors have been fighting to preserve for it since
our own kind existed.

See the link for Hmong Myth of Chiyou, part 1-3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3dnKFy6jaI&feature=PlayList&p=658F7ACDFB8D07C5&index=0&playnext=1

Ya

Jun 12, 2009, 11:33:15 AM6/12/09
hahahahahahahah.....

twb tias ncauj xob ntau ntau....kua qhiav ntsim txhe ti plab
lawm....teb fab fab, tsi muaj leejtwg pab nthua.

peb ua neej nyob, ces, zoo li ib pab niag tsiaj, ruam thiab ntse los,
yog sis poo npoj ces tsov saib saib xwb....nco ntsoov tias tsov tom
tus tsiaj uas tsi poo npoj xwb nawb....tus tsi tom txav ces, luas twb
yuav tom yus los yus tseem tias luag yog phoojywg es tseem txav ti ti
thiab...luag tom tau yus lawm los yus tseem tias "kuv qhov thiaj
zoo"...

yaweh

Ya

Jun 12, 2009, 11:34:44 AM6/12/09
to all,

in tony's defense, he said what he said...but he "didn't endorse" what
he said....

yaweh

zhen

Jun 12, 2009, 11:45:55 AM6/12/09

> in tony's defense, he said what he said...but he "didn't endorse" what
> he said....

yew probably right, but he inglis is baad, so it's hard to tell. he
should've clarified him to LOMTED, but, him jux yell hard back so
"cause and effect" happenth.

Hmong-Lao

Jun 12, 2009, 12:27:39 PM6/12/09
Cov phoojywg,
Ua siab txias me ntsis. Nej ob-peb tug tham tsis yog lus tas lawm. Nco
ntsoov hais tias leej twg txawm yuav muab peb hu ua Meo, Miao, Mong,
Hmong, Moob , Hmoob los peb yeej yog TIB haiv neeg xwb. Thaum nej pom
ib leej tus twg sau txog Meo, Miao, Mong, Hmong, Moob, Hmoob no ces
yog hais txog peb txhua leej ntag.

HL

LOM

Jun 12, 2009, 12:28:41 PM6/12/09

Tony,

The truth hurts! but denial it will kill. Anyway, nice try, "Blah,
blah, blah, three against one." You want to know the truth, it's more
like ONE Against THREE.

Have a nice day!

zhen

Jun 12, 2009, 1:09:36 PM6/12/09

> The truth hurts! but denial it will kill. Anyway, nice try, "Blah,
> blah, blah, three against one." You want to know the truth, it's more
> like ONE Against THREE.

3 vs 1
1 vs 3

more like

1 vs 1
big baby vs himself, that is

cwjmem

Jun 12, 2009, 4:27:18 PM6/12/09
Tony,

You should do more research on your Christian bible mythology and
forget about Hmong legends and myth, . What you need to know is why
Constantine rewrote the new testimonials (revised its bibles) to save
his own kingdom from slave revolts? And convince us that the story
written in the bible were real and all myths from others were just
factitious?

Here what I see in Christian story:

Jesus was just an ordinary person who saw an unjust treatment of the
slavery. He spoke against it. Slaves listened
to Jesus and they fought their masters for freedom. Jesus married,
had children and died later in age. Recently, Archaeologists dug up
Jesus grave, found his remained (bones) along with his wife and kids.
One theory claimed by Japanese that Jesus moved to Japan with his
family and brother. Japanese even claimed where was the Jesus grave.
Jesus was no difference from modern men like Mohamed Gandi, Martin
Luther king, Nelson Mandela fought for justice and freedom for his own
people.

LOM