I been cheated in NAIA

Anabelle Susser

Jun 13, 2001, 7:55:55 AM6/13/01
I been cheated by the taxi driver in NAIA manila airport .
the taxi charged me 500 pesos for just 2 miles. ITs kinda scary
because the taxi driver dont let me go out from the car unless I pay.
so, foreigners or fellow filipinos be careful. Have someone to pick
you up in the Airport either your friends car or relatives car.

Kevin - Raytheon

Jun 13, 2001, 8:08:28 AM6/13/01
Hello,

You should have gone over to one of the taxi counters and arrange for a
taxi at a fixed price. The other thing you could have done is arrange
with the cabbie to set his meter or set the price before you get in.

Chris Blunt

Jun 14, 2001, 12:45:11 AM6/14/01

For anyone interested, these are the current fares in Pesos for the
Nissan taxi service from the airport. These are taken from a leaflet
picked up at NAIA last night.

Pasay: 230
Parañaque: 115 - 280
Las Piñas: 345
Taguig: 395
Muntinlupa: 675
Makati: 375
Manila: 345 - 460
Mandaluyong: 420
Pasig: 460
Quezon City: 580 - 855
Caloocan: 650 - 885
Malabon: 675
Valenzuela: 740
Marikina: 770

--Chris

Email: Chris...@Blunt.com
[Remove NOSPAM from address to reply]
ICQ: 1374996
ICQ users check out the Expats in Asia list at:
http://www.chris.blunt.com/icq/icq.html

Dirty Sick Pig

Jun 14, 2001, 8:14:54 PM6/14/01

HOOOOORAY for the fucking cabbie! Good choice of victim!

Pig

Anabelle Susser

Jun 14, 2001, 10:40:27 PM6/14/01

I been cheated at MAnila Airport.
THe taxi charged me 500 pesos for only two miles .
He didnt he let me go out from his car. THe taxi driver take
advantages on me because Im alone by that time and Im a woman .
many foreigners had been robbed in MAnila and get killed. the
corrupt police and you is dump . You are dump just like your name
PIG.................

Renowl

Jun 15, 2001, 1:03:11 AM6/15/01
ay naka abroad na eto e tonto pa gihapon heehee

Tim Harvey

Jun 16, 2001, 1:49:46 PM6/16/01
I'm sorry for the discomfort you must have experienced but the fact is. . .
you're a cheapskate if you think P500 qualifies you as "cheated." Figure it
in dollars, and tell me a city in America where you can get away cheaper?!
Now, if you were skinned for P1000 or more, like some, I could get really
worked up for you over $20 or more. . . but not over $10. Gosh, if that
breaks your bank, apparently you can't afford to travel and should stay at
home to count your pennies.

The way I figure it, you're still in America as long as you're in the
invisible bubble of the airport and tourist hotels and restaurants,
including transportation between these points. It's fair to expect "native
rates" plus a modest "foreigner sur-tax" when you finally leave America
behind and step into the Philippines. Consider the fare part of your
airplane ticket cost.

Your advice about "being careful" is always good advice, when ever you
travel, regardless of where.

Tim

"Anabelle Susser" <asu...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

H. David Pembrook

Jun 16, 2001, 2:04:14 PM6/16/01
ti...@atoni.com wrote:

>I'm sorry for the discomfort you must have experienced but the fact is. . .
>you're a cheapskate if you think P500 qualifies you as "cheated."

If the proper amount is P300 and she was charged P500 then he was cheated.
What's so hard to understand?

>Figure it
>in dollars, and tell me a city in America where you can get away cheaper?!

She's in the Philippines where things are in pesos. The cost of things in the
USA are immaterial.

I see you've gone native to the point where you've adopted the "You're so rich
and we're so poor" excuse for the rapacious attitude of so many Filipinos. The
ends justify the means, right?

>The way I figure it, you're still in America as long as you're in the
>invisible bubble of the airport and tourist hotels and restaurants,
>including transportation between these points. It's fair to expect "native
>rates" plus a modest "foreigner sur-tax" when you finally leave America
>behind and step into the Philippines.

Bullshit.

Consider the fare part of your
>airplane ticket cost.

Consider it one of the reasons The Philippines is still a Third World Country.

>Your advice about "being careful" is always good advice, when ever you
>travel, regardless of where.

Travelers need to be more careful in some places more than others.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

Notice- Absolutely no bedwetting liberals, welfare queens or race warlords were
harmed or mistreated in the creation of this post, though the temptation was
certainly very tough to resist.

Mr. Robyn Myers

Jun 16, 2001, 2:26:36 PM6/16/01
Ha
In Jan I arrived late, and found my luggage had been picked up by someone
else, my fiancée was not there, (she was but I could not find her) and I was
really stressed. Some taxi driver was helping me find my ride, we finally
gave up and he took me to the hotel. He would not let me out without giving
him 40 USD and 300 PESO. It was really scary ..

On later visits I found I was very cautious dealing with EVERYONE. It has
changed my entire attitude. I was stressed and let my guard down. It is a
shame.

--
Mr. Robyn Myers
Vice President

"Chris Blunt" <Chris...@Blunt.com> wrote in message

Dirty Sick Pig

Jun 17, 2001, 2:49:42 AM6/17/01

Aw, AnnieBell, I was jus' dissin' ya. Did the cabbie grab yer fat
thighs?

DumpPig

Chris Blunt

Jun 17, 2001, 3:39:52 AM6/17/01
The correct price for a 2 mile journey in a metered tax in Manila
would be less than 60 Pesos. 500 Pesos is a ripoff whichever way you
look at it. The price of a similar journey in the America has nothing
to do with it.

Tim Harvey

Jun 17, 2001, 2:47:36 PM6/17/01
Apparently, it's YOU who has "gone native". . . or more like "bum". . . to
expect that rates set at a standard of living that's a fraction of yours,
apply to you.

Few Filipinos can affort to get in the International airport, much less take
a vacation ride, like you're accustom.

The way I figure it, if you want to live in your bubble of international
airports and 4/5 star hotels and restaurants, hot and cold running maids,
and other upscale benefits, then don't expect the rates that are set for the
majority of Filipinos.

Jeez, what a cheapskate bum your Mr. Pembrook. . . fleeing your own country
because there, you're a bum, and abroad, that is exactly what your remain.

Tim

"H. David Pembrook" <clear...@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message

Tim Harvey

Jun 17, 2001, 2:57:51 PM6/17/01
When you travel international, anywhere in the world, and stick to
International airports and toursist accomodations, including transportation
between and around those things, you ARE in America.

You want to "live American" but "pay poor," as if the local rates, set for
relatively poor people, where intended for you.

When I hang in an "internation bubble," I don't whine about paying
interanation rates. And, I AM richer than the vast majority of Filipinos so,
when I'm outside of that "bubble," I do expect a surcharge to rates that
were set for the local populance. Experience has taught me that about 20%
is fair. Any less, and I'm a cheap bum like you, and any more, I encourage
and deserve disrespect.

Tim

"Chris Blunt" <Chris...@Blunt.com> wrote in message

Tim Harvey

Jun 17, 2001, 3:06:57 PM6/17/01
Of, and BTW, when was the last time you whined to PAL or the hotels that
their rates be in pisos and scaled down to the income of the average
Filipino?

Just as I though. You've been too busy whining about the whores and cabbies.

Isn't it too bad your silly bitch whining isn't going to get you anywhere.
PAL, hotels, and cabbies will continue to charge you Western rates, and all
your crying and name calling isn't going to change a thing. Must be very
frustrating to have a third world country ignore someone as important as you

Tim

Clueless (Joe Kano)

Jun 17, 2001, 4:30:12 PM6/17/01
In article <eO6X6.622$ZR1.2...@news.uswest.net>, ti...@atoni.com says...
><snip>

>The way I figure it, if you want to live in your bubble of international
>airports and 4/5 star hotels and restaurants, hot and cold running maids,
>and other upscale benefits, then don't expect the rates that are set for the
>majority of Filipinos.

Woo-hoo!! Now that's traveling in style. Yep, I'll take a good 4/5 star hotel
with a couple of hot and cold running maids any day. Still, if I take a
metered taxi from NAIA to get there I damn well better pay the same metered
fare my brother-in-law would have. Anything else, anywhere else in the world
would be theft. Being a third world country doesn't justify theft just because
"we" have it and "they" don't. Funny, that's similar to the logic some
prisoners use when asked why they robbed, cheated or stole.

Of course, if I'm staying in 4/5 star digs I'd have the hotel Merc pick me up
at the airport. Much easier to cut through Forbes Park and beat the
traffic than in a second hand Japanese cab.

Clueless

Clueless (Joe Kano)

Jun 17, 2001, 4:47:45 PM6/17/01
In article <n47X6.629$ZR1.2...@news.uswest.net>, ti...@atoni.com says...
><bitch rant snipped>

For your edification, airfares are set based on the country of ORIGIN and
priced in what is called NUC (Neutral Unit of Currency). Usually the US
dollar. So, theorhetically, buying a ticket from MNL to LAX and return would
be cheaper than the other way around. Which is why certain fares are
'restricted' to being sold inside the country of departure. (They're listed
with either 'SITI only' or 'no SOTO/SOTI' listed in the fare restrictions.)

The big chain hotels all price in dollars based on demand in the local market.
That means that my room at the Makati Shangri-la, at rack rate, will be the
same whether it's me or my BIL. Yes, there are package deals based on point of
origin that are usually cheaper. Some places offer a 'Balikbayan' price but
this is usually higher than any 'local' price they offer (they rip off ex-pat
Pinoys same as gweilos Tim). Of course, I can always get the local price
through my BIL so I don't see your point here either. But, then again, I'd
rather stay at the Shangri-La.

As for taxis, they're local and it's pay one price Bubba. I know of a cabby
who tried to pull that 'Ser, my meter is broken. The fare is 1000 pesos.' The
problem is that his passenger knew the route and knew it was 300 pesos. Did I
mention that the pax was big as a house? And spoke very fluent Tagalog? He
paid 300 pesos. Normally this guy would give a 200 peso tip. This time the
driver got just the fare. And before you rail me on that, let me say if the
same thing happened in New York I'd say the same thing. To me it'd be like
going into Jollibee and having a menu priced for 'locals' and one priced for
foreigners.

Clueless

Clueless (Joe Kano)

Jun 17, 2001, 5:05:19 PM6/17/01
Forget your lithium or what?

In article <SX6X6.625$ZR1.2...@news.uswest.net>, ti...@atoni.com says...

>When you travel international, anywhere in the world, and stick to
>International airports and toursist accomodations, including transportation
>between and around those things, you ARE in America.

That's so much bullshit and you know it. Here you are spouting off some
imperial American attitude as if the rest of the world doesn't know what first
class accomodations are. Bucko, there is a reason most of the hotel managers
in the top hotels are either Swiss, German or French.

>You want to "live American" but "pay poor," as if the local rates, set for
>relatively poor people, where intended for you.

Hmmm...I get in a metered cab at Frankfurt Airport (not in America, Tim) and I
pay DM 4.80 for the flag to drop and the rest is based on time and distance.
Just like if I grab a cab at any taxi stand. It works this way in Paris,
London, Hong Kong and Tokyo. In fact, I took a blue taxi (the kind the locals
use) from Seoul Kimpo to my 'bubble' at the Hilton. Paid the metered fare of
12,000 won. Sure the cabbie started a 'no change, no change' song when I
handed him a 20,000 won note but that was solved when the doorman (tall for a
Korean) stuck half his body in the cab and yelled something in Korean to the
driver. Suddenly there was change everywhere.

>When I hang in an "internation bubble," I don't whine about paying
>interanation rates. And, I AM richer than the vast majority of Filipinos so,
>when I'm outside of that "bubble," I do expect a surcharge to rates that
>were set for the local populance. Experience has taught me that about 20%
>is fair. Any less, and I'm a cheap bum like you, and any more, I encourage
>and deserve disrespect.

Then you're a sucker Tim, plain and simple. And I'm not talking about not
being generous with tips.

We were traveling in the province with the whole clan and stopped at this great
roadside restaurant to eat. Open air, fish ponds, rice paddies. We ate a
great meal and my wife and I decided we would pay. After the usual argument
with the in-laws we asked the waiter how much. He said 600 pesos. That was
for 8 adults and 3 kids and included several San Miguels. I gave the waiter
1000 pesos and told him to keep the change. He was happy, I was happy and we
were well fed for what was then about $23. Was that price 20% more than
'local'. No. Not according to all of the locals around the table. The only
thing I caught any flak about was tipping the waiter so much.

Paying the advertised price or a haggled discount price (regardless of
nationality) is fair and normal everywhere in the world. Why should the
Philippines be an exception?

Clueless

hyperion

Jun 17, 2001, 10:40:37 PM6/17/01
Personally i believe that you should pay whatever the rate is in no matter
what country you are in no reason why you should pay more or less.

However you often here complaints about Manila taxi drivers in Manila so
here is my experience. I consider taxi drivers throughout the world, as a
bred to be a whining bunch of fuckers. And yet i get a taxi here in Manila
5+ times a week and always the same journey and in the past year one driver
refused to switch on the meter i told him to be on his way. One taxi
displayed a fare 50pesos over the normal cost, told me he would have his
meter fixed. One displayed a fair 30 peso less than the normal fare. The
normal fare is 75-80 pesos i always pay 100 pesos.

Maybe some people just have sucker written all over them.

Chris Blunt

Jun 18, 2001, 1:53:21 AM6/18/01
I'd agree with that. Taxis are licensed by the local Land
Transportation Office, and fares set according to what it costs to
operate the service locally. The fact that a particular customer comes
from a country where fares are different, due to different costs, is
completely irrelevant.

The taxi licensing conditions require the driver to charge only the
correct metered fare - anything else is a breach of his license
conditions. Encouraging people to accept a higher charge is
encouraging the driver to break the law.

Just JT

Jun 18, 2001, 4:23:02 AM6/18/01

> The taxi licensing conditions require the driver to charge only the
> correct metered fare - anything else is a breach of his license
> conditions. Encouraging people to accept a higher charge is
> encouraging the driver to break the law.
--------------
I really can't figure out where there is a need for "special airport
cabbies" that charge twice or thrice as much. The regular air-conditioned
cabs should be able to provide the same service as those overpriced special
airport cabbies.

If I were NAIA airport chief, I'd allow regular cabbies to provide the
service at the airport at normal metred rates. As for "special airport
cabbies" at twice the normal fare, I'd employ TOPLESS CAB DRIVERS to add
value to the service. You'll have a choice of male, female or hermaphrodite
driver: equal employment opportunity, you know.

--
Just JT
Johnn...@Hotmail.Com

Clueless (Joe Kano)

Jun 18, 2001, 8:32:27 AM6/18/01
In article <3b2dba67$1...@news.microsoft.com>, johnn...@hotmail.com says...

>"Chris Blunt" <Chris...@Blunt.com> wrote in message
>>
>> The taxi licensing conditions require the driver to charge only the
>> correct metered fare - anything else is a breach of his license
>> conditions. Encouraging people to accept a higher charge is
>> encouraging the driver to break the law.
>--------------
>I really can't figure out where there is a need for "special airport
>cabbies" that charge twice or thrice as much. The regular air-conditioned
>cabs should be able to provide the same service as those overpriced special
>airport cabbies.

The need is for the NAIA. By having special taxis that have to pay a fee to
pick up at NAIA, the airport takes a cut. I've seen this in other places.
Korea for example. Blue taxis are the 'standard' ones and a driver can take
multiple fares (and charge for each). Black taxis are the special ones and can
only take one fare at a time. They are bigger and more comfortable but charge
more.

>If I were NAIA airport chief, I'd allow regular cabbies to provide the
>service at the airport at normal metred rates. As for "special airport
>cabbies" at twice the normal fare, I'd employ TOPLESS CAB DRIVERS to add
>value to the service. You'll have a choice of male, female or hermaphrodite
>driver: equal employment opportunity, you know.

Hmmm...with normal cabs he wouldn't get his cut. Of course, with the JT
special cab service he could get an even bigger cut.

Clueless

Chris Blunt

Jun 18, 2001, 9:51:48 AM6/18/01
diba...@hotmail.com (Clueless (Joe Kano)) wrote:

>In article <3b2dba67$1...@news.microsoft.com>, johnn...@hotmail.com says...
>>
>>"Chris Blunt" <Chris...@Blunt.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> The taxi licensing conditions require the driver to charge only the
>>> correct metered fare - anything else is a breach of his license
>>> conditions. Encouraging people to accept a higher charge is
>>> encouraging the driver to break the law.
>>--------------
>>I really can't figure out where there is a need for "special airport
>>cabbies" that charge twice or thrice as much. The regular air-conditioned
>>cabs should be able to provide the same service as those overpriced special
>>airport cabbies.
>>

>The need is for the NAIA. By having special taxis that have to pay a fee to
>pick up at NAIA, the airport takes a cut. I've seen this in other places.
>Korea for example. Blue taxis are the 'standard' ones and a driver can take
>multiple fares (and charge for each). Black taxis are the special ones and can
>only take one fare at a time. They are bigger and more comfortable but charge
>more.

Someone's getting a cut, for sure, but you can bet your life its not
going into the coffers of NAIA to improve their services.

Revenue for the operation of the airport should be raised through the
airport departure tax, so that all users pay an equal share, not just
those who use taxis when they arrive.

Congenital Kano

Jun 18, 2001, 3:53:05 PM6/18/01
It's the same way all over the US -- only certain cab companies have the
special license to *pick up* fares at an airport, while (I believe) any cab
can drop off. From conversations with cabbies (I chat up cabbies wherever I
go for local color and insights), these airport licenses are hotly contested
and coveted. Lots of payoffs and kickbacks involved.

Overcharging unwary tourists is part of every cabbie's training and
heritage, world-wide. In countries where meters are carefully monitored it
usually involves taking "short cuts" which pad the fare.

Randy

"Just JT" <johnn...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Clueless (Joe Kano)

Jun 18, 2001, 5:36:10 PM6/18/01
Just sitting in Manila traffic ought to pad any fare. Assuming the meter is
working. My wife was telling me that they had a helluva time getting a cab
from Makati to Marikina. Most drivers ask before you get in where you're
going. If it isn't worth their while they drive off. Same in Hong Kong
though. Try getting a cross harbor ride at night.

I've had one taxi driver here pull a 'short cut' on me to run up the meter. No
problem. I didn't tip him. The out of pocket for me came to be the same.

And yes, there is an airport permit required here as well. The way around that
is to arrange for a pick up in advance. The taxi company we use will take us
to the airport and then pick us up when we return for about a third less than
the airport licensed cabs. We call on arrival and by the time we clear baggage
claim they're waiting. The way around the permit is that they pick us up at
departures rather than arrivals. I've used that trick in Brussels to to beat
the queue.

Clueless
...world traveller

In article <B_sX6.14546$Az2....@news1.frmt1.sfba.home.com>, jrs...@home.com
says...

Chris Blunt

Jun 18, 2001, 9:35:01 PM6/18/01
diba...@hotmail.com (Clueless (Joe Kano)) wrote:

>Just sitting in Manila traffic ought to pad any fare. Assuming the meter is
>working. My wife was telling me that they had a helluva time getting a cab
>from Makati to Marikina. Most drivers ask before you get in where you're
>going. If it isn't worth their while they drive off. Same in Hong Kong
>though. Try getting a cross harbor ride at night.

The problem for taxis in Manila is the metering rates are too biased
towards distance, not time, so the drivers lose money while they're
sitting in traffic. I usually pay the driver extra when this happens.
I reckon around a couple of Pesos extra for each minute stuck in
traffic is fair.

In Hong Kong at night you have to know where the cross-harbour taxis
hang out. These guys are based on the other side of the harbour and
need a trip back across the other side. They wait in lines at
locations which the locals know, with their out-of-service signs in
the window. They'll happily take you to the other side if you ask.

Clueless (Joe Kano)

Jun 19, 2001, 5:43:33 AM6/19/01
I'll have to get our Chinese friends to give me the location next time. I
usually stay in Kowloon but occasionally end up on HK Island late at night.
Last time we were at JR's (at the Grand Hyatt) in fact.

*sigh* I need a Chinese and Filipino food fix. Time to go to Hong Kong!

Clueless

In article <0u8titkt5ke7jk59j...@4ax.com>, Chris...@Blunt.com
says...

Chris Blunt

Jun 19, 2001, 7:27:53 AM6/19/01
In Wanchai, the Kowloon taxis wait on Fenwick Street, on the section
between Gloucester Road and Hennessy Road

Chris

Anabelle Susser

Jun 21, 2001, 10:00:35 PM6/21/01
On 15 Jun 2001 05:03:11 GMT, ren...@aol.com (Renowl) wrote:

>ay naka abroad na eto e tonto pa gihapon heehee

hey first akong nakapunta sa manila.

Anabelle Susser

Jun 21, 2001, 10:05:32 PM6/21/01
On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:08:28 -0400, Kevin - Raytheon
<kgtor...@prodigy.net> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>You should have gone over to one of the taxi counters and arrange for a
>taxi at a fixed price. The other thing you could have done is arrange
>with the cabbie to set his meter or set the price before you get in.

that was my first time in Manila. I never knew that could be happen
to me.

Anabelle Susser

Jun 21, 2001, 10:10:57 PM6/21/01
On Sat, 16 Jun 2001 18:26:36 GMT, "Mr. Robyn Myers"
<ram...@starband.net> wrote:

>Ha
>In Jan I arrived late, and found my luggage had been picked up by someone
>else, my fiancée was not there, (she was but I could not find her) and I was
>really stressed. Some taxi driver was helping me find my ride, we finally
>gave up and he took me to the hotel. He would not let me out without giving
>him 40 USD and 300 PESO. It was really scary ..

its was so scary. you never know . for me , its better to give them
money than risking my life to death. I was alone that night taking the
taxi and you never know what could been happen to you, filipinos, and
foreigners.

Bisoy

Jun 22, 2001, 2:30:04 AM6/22/01
How did you manage to go abroad without going through Manila? tsk tsk tsk
Besides, lack of common sense, or rather stupidity, is not excused by being
in a place for the first time. You do make it sound like you were born just
yesterday.

"Anabelle Susser" <asu...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

yellow peugeot

Jun 22, 2001, 3:02:31 AM6/22/01

"Bisoy" <NOS...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> How did you manage to go abroad without going through Manila? tsk tsk tsk
> Besides, lack of common sense, or rather stupidity, is not excused by
being
> in a place for the first time. You do make it sound like you were born
just
> yesterday.

Have you got the nail exactly on the head there, B.
Here's a cold one, mate.

........maybe it's just the subject tag that reads funny. But doesn't Dumb
Broad give away the whole thing anymore? I need a clue! dammit!

yellow peugeot

Jun 22, 2001, 2:51:16 PM6/22/01

> Give her a break, she's like 14 (based on the post about applying to
> be a freshman in high school) and has only been in the US for 2
> years. Probably a usenet newbie as well. Compared to a lot of us,
> that's almost the same as being born yesterday.
>
> -joanna
> If she's actually much older, forget what I said and flame away.

Good point. Request for Dirty Sick Pig involvement withdrawn.

H. David Pembrook

Jun 22, 2001, 4:47:03 PM6/22/01
>How did you manage to go abroad without going through Manila?

Cebu to Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific, then Hong Kong to the world?

Clueless (Joe Kano)

Jun 22, 2001, 7:00:51 PM6/22/01
In article <9guopq$jes$1...@newssvr06-en0.news.prodigy.com>, NOS...@hotmail.com
says...

>How did you manage to go abroad without going through Manila? tsk tsk tsk
>Besides, lack of common sense, or rather stupidity, is not excused by being
>in a place for the first time. You do make it sound like you were born just
>yesterday.

You can fly ex Philippines from Cebu. Cebu -> Singapore, Cebu -> Hong Kong
come to mind.

Mancunian

Jun 23, 2001, 3:46:18 AM6/23/01
On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 11:57:51 -0700, "Tim Harvey" <ti...@atoni.com> wrote:

Hello Tim

I wasn't going to reply to this but hey, why not. I've been on both sides of
the fence - a taxi driver for nearly 5 years, albeit some while ago and a
tourist to the Philippines twice before (93 and 94).

>When you travel international, anywhere in the world, and stick to
>International airports and toursist accomodations, including transportation
>between and around those things, you ARE in America.

How would you expect an International tourist to arrive in ANY country if
not at the local INTERNATIONAL airport? They could hardly land at the local
one, could they? DOH.

Also America isnt't the only International country in the world nor is it
the only one to have touritst visit the Philippines and when I go there, I'm
in the Philippines as soon as I leave NIA, NOT in the UK!

>You want to "live American" but "pay poor," as if the local rates, set for
>relatively poor people, where intended for you.

No, taxi rates are set by the local licencing authority for ANYONE to use
based on a mileage and timed basis. There's no pay poor about it. It's all
proportional don't forget. Cost of living varies in country to country and
it's lower in the Philippines than it is in the UK or USA, which is why the
costs of taxis, amongst other things, is lower there than outside. Does't
mean to say the taxi drivers are being ripped off though. If anything they,
along with all the other local businesses, are MAKING money as a result of
tourists. You should be grateful. It's no excuse for drivers, or anyone else
for that matter, to break the law and try to con people illegally out of
money that does not belong to them!

>When I hang in an "internation bubble," I don't whine about paying
>interanation rates. And, I AM richer than the vast majority of Filipinos so,
>when I'm outside of that "bubble," I do expect a surcharge to rates that
>were set for the local populance. Experience has taught me that about 20%
>is fair. Any less, and I'm a cheap bum like you, and any more, I encourage
>and deserve disrespect.

The point is Tim that when you go to another country you do NOT pay a
surcharge for being from a certain country. The fares are the same for
ANYONE travelling in that taxi based on distance and time. If that's not
true, they are breaking the law and you can report them! NOBODY minds paying
the correct fare and even giving a decent tip if the driver looks after you
well but why should ANYONE be ripped off and then have someone try to
justify it?! It's got nothing to do with anyone being a cheap bum, but
wishing to see the right thing being done and not trying to rip off tourists
before they even set foot in the country. As someone rightly said, it
doesn't exactly give someone the best impression does it and we all know,
surely, how important first impressions are. In my opinion those who try to
rip off the tourists are cutting off their nose to spite their face because
a repeat traveller would then get a bus or share a cab or arrange their own
lift or whatever so who looses out in the end?!

I'm sorry but there's a big difference between living in an ideal world and
living in the real world!

BCNU
Nick

PS Interesting to see from that list someone posted that the desk inside NIA
are STILL ripping off people BIG time! Admittedly those are more like
limosines than taxis but still. Get the airport bus from just outside. Much
cheaper that way. :)

Alternative email address (incase of problems)
Nick_...@yahoo.co.uk
ICQ: 102158847

yellow peugeot

Jun 23, 2001, 1:14:44 PM6/23/01

> I'm sorry but there's a big difference between living in an ideal world
and
> living in the real world!
>
> BCNU
> Nick

I guess that whole Utopia thing's bottomed out then, eh?

;)
Kuei

Chris, are you picking this up with a tune? (hint: material....girl....)

Chris Blunt

Jun 23, 2001, 11:29:45 PM6/23/01
Mancunian <Nic...@btinternet.com> wrote:

>PS Interesting to see from that list someone posted that the desk inside NIA
>are STILL ripping off people BIG time! Admittedly those are more like
>limosines than taxis but still. Get the airport bus from just outside. Much
>cheaper that way. :)

It may have been me that posted that list. The vehicles used for the
airport taxis service seem to me to be exactly the same make/model as
those used for normal metered taxis.

Dirty Sick Pig

Jun 23, 2001, 11:32:19 PM6/23/01

A 14-year old getting into a taxi by herself? In Manila? I must be
missing something here.

DumbfoundedPig

Tchiowa

Jun 24, 2001, 7:06:09 AM6/24/01
diba...@hotmail.com (Clueless (Joe Kano)) wrote in message news:<992809659.799438@sj-nntpcache-5>...

> In article <eO6X6.622$ZR1.2...@news.uswest.net>, ti...@atoni.com says...
> ><snip>
> >
> >The way I figure it, if you want to live in your bubble of international
> >airports and 4/5 star hotels and restaurants, hot and cold running maids,
> >and other upscale benefits, then don't expect the rates that are set for the
> >majority of Filipinos.
> >

> Woo-hoo!! Now that's traveling in style. Yep, I'll take a good 4/5 star
> hotel with a couple of hot and cold running maids any day.

Of course that still leaves one answered question. What is a 4/5 star
hotel? In the US they don't award fractions of a star.

Whatever it is, it's EXACTLY the kind of place we'd expect Timmy to
stay. Isn't it? ;-)

Tchiowa

Jun 24, 2001, 7:08:27 AM6/24/01
diba...@hotmail.com (Clueless (Joe Kano)) wrote in message news:<992810720.477710@sj-nntpcache-5>...

> In article <n47X6.629$ZR1.2...@news.uswest.net>, ti...@atoni.com says...
> ><bitch rant snipped>
>
> For your edification, airfares are set based on the country of ORIGIN and
> priced in what is called NUC (Neutral Unit of Currency). Usually the US
> dollar. So, theorhetically, buying a ticket from MNL to LAX and return would
> be cheaper than the other way around.

Not "theoretically". They definitely are. A lot of times when I'm
flying from SFO to Australia and laying over in Singapore, Manila or
Bangkok I'll buy the ticket in two pieces so that half of it
originates in Asia. Can save 20% or more that way.

Tim Harvey

Jun 24, 2001, 5:15:58 PM6/24/01
Time to try google for posting. News posts through my normal account
is becoming a bit flakey of late.

That's very interesting and all (your accounting of how airfare and
hotel rates are set). I guess it would mean that the $800 airfare
charged the average income earner in the states (assuming $40,000)
would be $50 or P2,500 for Filipinos but that simply isn't the case.

The same is true of upscale hotels - the "local market" are wealthy,
business and tourist customers, NOT average Filipinos. If the local
market was really used (as it is for setting labor rates to build and
run the hotels/resorts), the Makati Shangri-la would compete with room
rates charged at, say, the Charter House, a decent enough place for
out of town attorneys, instead of the $300 plus it charges (for the
rooms I take. . . I like the place too, and stay there when ever I'm
in town).

However, street taxis ARE local transport, with rates set for the
local market which can hardly afford international flights and stays
at the Makati Shangri-la.

Also, a fact you ignored or don't know about is that both the upscale
hotels, resorts, and international airport offer transport, often
protected from steet competition, at fixed rates well above street
rates but still very reasonable relative to costs back home for most
visitors.

Once in the streets away from the International airport, hotels and
resorts, the "bubble" I spoke of, and living among "normal" people,
I'd expect to pay local rates plus for service or negotiated goods,
not advertised, fixed price things like Jolibee or marked items in big
stores.

As for your friend tipping P200 on a P300 charge, without knowing the
circumstances, I'd say that is STUPID and only encourages disrespect.
It's been my experience that 20% (say P50 and a fairly priced P300
service) is both appreciated without being excessive and making the
the person seem a show off braggard.

Again, the deal is. . . know what a fair price is, agree to pay a fair
price, pay the price you agreed to, and show a little appreciation
either by tipping or accepting a surcharge of up to 20%. . . and spare
us the whining if you later don't like the agreement.

The example you gave of someone who had recieved BAD service or
attempts to grossly overcharge is good. I DO NOT tip or accept a
surcharge if the service was bad or the person was greedly. . . in
fact, things don't get that far because I flat out refuse the deal and
move on to find someone whom I can deal with.

Now, there are strong arm tactics used and that is a different matter
entirely. . . someone grabbing your luggage or jacking up fares when
you arrive. I had this happen once in Manila. A driver tried to charge
me and my wife P2,800 for a ride to a hotel, and after argueing with
him, I told him I changed my destination and gave him the address of a
certain officer with the NBI I was friends with (without telling the
driver this). He was happy to take me, probably expecting to skin me
P5,000 or more. Once there, my friend wasn't in but his assistant
immediately "set the driver straight." The driver gave me a free ride
to the hotel, annoying because he wouldn't stop apologizing the whole
way back.

This kind of stuff IS a problem but it's a very different matter than
P500 fare. If there were no strong arm tactics involved, remind me to
break up my invisible violin if you paid what you agreed to pay, and
later want accompaniment to your sad song.

Tim

diba...@hotmail.com (Clueless (Joe Kano)) wrote in message news:<992810720.477710@sj-nntpcache-5>...
> In article <n47X6.629$ZR1.2...@news.uswest.net>, ti...@atoni.com says...
> ><bitch rant snipped>
>
> For your edification, airfares are set based on the country of ORIGIN and
> priced in what is called NUC (Neutral Unit of Currency). Usually the US
> dollar. So, theorhetically, buying a ticket from MNL to LAX and return would

> be cheaper than the other way around. Which is why certain fares are
> 'restricted' to being sold inside the country of departure. (They're listed
> with either 'SITI only' or 'no SOTO/SOTI' listed in the fare restrictions.)
>
> The big chain hotels all price in dollars based on demand in the local market.
> That means that my room at the Makati Shangri-la, at rack rate, will be the
> same whether it's me or my BIL. Yes, there are package deals based on point of
> origin that are usually cheaper. Some places offer a 'Balikbayan' price but
> this is usually higher than any 'local' price they offer (they rip off ex-pat
> Pinoys same as gweilos Tim). Of course, I can always get the local price
> through my BIL so I don't see your point here either. But, then again, I'd
> rather stay at the Shangri-La.
>
> As for taxis, they're local and it's pay one price Bubba. I know of a cabby
> who tried to pull that 'Ser, my meter is broken. The fare is 1000 pesos.' The
> problem is that his passenger knew the route and knew it was 300 pesos. Did I
> mention that the pax was big as a house? And spoke very fluent Tagalog? He
> paid 300 pesos. Normally this guy would give a 200 peso tip. This time the
> driver got just the fare. And before you rail me on that, let me say if the
> same thing happened in New York I'd say the same thing. To me it'd be like
> going into Jollibee and having a menu priced for 'locals' and one priced for
> foreigners.
>

> Clueless

Tim Harvey

Jun 24, 2001, 5:30:48 PM6/24/01
You are under a misconception.

First, the airport and most upscale hotels and resorts operate or have
attached special transport services that usually operate at fixed
rates that are far above metered street rates but are usually a deal
when compared to rates back home.

Second, in the streets, rates may be metered but that doesn't mean
that fares are negotiable (upwards) by both parties. There have been
times when I wanted to get somewhere as quickly as possible, so I
offered rate if the driver would forgo the long, drawn out route and
would speed things up. And, I've had drivers to the same to me because
they thought "the market could pay more." If we could strike a fair
price, then I accepted it. . . otherwise, there's no shortage of
taxis, and I'm under no obligation to accept terms I cannot agree to.

As I've said, all of this stands in "normal" circumstances of open
dickering for service, and does NOT apply when strong arm and
deceptive tactics are used by drivers. . . sometimes a very real
problem, no matter where you are, and hardly unique to the
Philippines. Ask me about Mexico or Boston sometime.

Tim

Clueless (Joe Kano)

Jun 25, 2001, 6:14:13 PM6/25/01
In article <f3828efa.01062...@posting.google.com>, ti...@atoni.com
says...

>Time to try google for posting. News posts through my normal account
>is becoming a bit flakey of late.
>
>That's very interesting and all (your accounting of how airfare and
>hotel rates are set). I guess it would mean that the $800 airfare
>charged the average income earner in the states (assuming $40,000)
>would be $50 or P2,500 for Filipinos but that simply isn't the case.

I'm not comparing wage to wage. I'm only saying that prices reflect the local
market for that item. For example, right now as I write this a roundtrip
ticket from Frankfurt to Denver costs the US equivalent of $467. However, the
reverse fare from Denver to Frankfurt roundtrip is $681. Same flights, same
airline. It's a function of what the market will bear AND the exchange rate.

>The same is true of upscale hotels - the "local market" are wealthy,
>business and tourist customers, NOT average Filipinos. If the local
>market was really used (as it is for setting labor rates to build and
>run the hotels/resorts), the Makati Shangri-la would compete with room
>rates charged at, say, the Charter House, a decent enough place for
>out of town attorneys, instead of the $300 plus it charges (for the
>rooms I take. . . I like the place too, and stay there when ever I'm
>in town).

All prices in most countries reflect the local market conditions. In the
Philippines there is an abundance of labor and so what the employers pay is
low. (Not getting into the social aspects or other factors here.) What the
Shangri-la or Mandarin or Charter House charge is based on the facility, the
location and what it offers. And also the clientele they are after. The
Peninsula in Hong Kong was (last I knew) over $500/night. Yet I can stay just
down the road in a nice, clean in a convenient location for $110/night.

BTW, the Manila Peninsula is quoting a rate of $121/night for a single, $198
for a double.

>However, street taxis ARE local transport, with rates set for the
>local market which can hardly afford international flights and stays
>at the Makati Shangri-la.

Sure and I expect to pay the same as anybody else if I flag one down. And for
practical purposes I expect to negotiate a fixed fare if I'm going someplace
such as Makati to Marikina where he's going to be stuck getting back.

>Also, a fact you ignored or don't know about is that both the upscale
>hotels, resorts, and international airport offer transport, often
>protected from steet competition, at fixed rates well above street
>rates but still very reasonable relative to costs back home for most
>visitors.

I'm aware of it and have used it on two occasions. Transfer from NAIA to the
Peninsula is a $22 add on. For me, it beats the hassle of going out in the
heat and finding a taxi. But if I did, I'd pay by the meter.

>Once in the streets away from the International airport, hotels and
>resorts, the "bubble" I spoke of, and living among "normal" people,
>I'd expect to pay local rates plus for service or negotiated goods,
>not advertised, fixed price things like Jolibee or marked items in big
>stores.

Negotiation is one thing if there's no fixed price. Where there is then you
pay what's marked, right?

>As for your friend tipping P200 on a P300 charge, without knowing the
>circumstances, I'd say that is STUPID and only encourages disrespect.
>It's been my experience that 20% (say P50 and a fairly priced P300
>service) is both appreciated without being excessive and making the
>the person seem a show off braggard.

It depends on the service. I tipped big on a meal we had near Laguna. The
food was fantastic and the service was fast. The whole bill for 11 of us came
to around P600. I gave the waiter P900 because it was probably the best meal
and time I'd had the whole trip. But that is an exception.

As for the P200 tipper, he does that if he's going cross town and the taxi ends
up stuck in traffic or some other out of the way thing. And if the driver is
polite, friendly, doesn't try to rip him off, etc.

>Again, the deal is. . . know what a fair price is, agree to pay a fair
>price, pay the price you agreed to, and show a little appreciation
>either by tipping or accepting a surcharge of up to 20%. . . and spare
>us the whining if you later don't like the agreement.

Yes, if you've agreed then it's a deal. If you find out later that you were
screwed...consider it a lesson.

>The example you gave of someone who had recieved BAD service or
>attempts to grossly overcharge is good. I DO NOT tip or accept a
>surcharge if the service was bad or the person was greedly. . . in
>fact, things don't get that far because I flat out refuse the deal and
>move on to find someone whom I can deal with.
>
>Now, there are strong arm tactics used and that is a different matter
>entirely. . . someone grabbing your luggage or jacking up fares when
>you arrive. I had this happen once in Manila. A driver tried to charge
>me and my wife P2,800 for a ride to a hotel, and after argueing with
>him, I told him I changed my destination and gave him the address of a
>certain officer with the NBI I was friends with (without telling the
>driver this). He was happy to take me, probably expecting to skin me
>P5,000 or more. Once there, my friend wasn't in but his assistant
>immediately "set the driver straight." The driver gave me a free ride
>to the hotel, annoying because he wouldn't stop apologizing the whole
>way back.

The most I've ever had is the "Ser, my meter is broken." I told him that must
be the oldest line in the book. He then said "No really" and quoted me a fare
the same as the metered taxi I took to get to where I was in the first place
and it was a deal. He was honest and so I tipped him 20%.

>This kind of stuff IS a problem but it's a very different matter than
>P500 fare. If there were no strong arm tactics involved, remind me to
>break up my invisible violin if you paid what you agreed to pay, and
>later want accompaniment to your sad song.

If you agree to pay P500 for a ride around the corner so be it. If you get in
a taxi and the fare is P300 but he tries to hold you out for P500 it's time to
rumble. And yes, it is a problem and not just in the Philippines.

Clueless

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 1:56:45 AM6/27/01
Regular problem.

You HAVE to discuss rates very carefully and clearly BEFORE you get in the
car.

I messed up my first time, as well. Boy was I pissed, (until I remembered
that the guy had a lot less than me, good for him getting more)

There are books and rates, and information in the airport.

Flat rate deals are good, but ya have to watch out that the distance isn't a
lot shorter than you expect.

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 2:11:12 AM6/27/01
Long time ago I was in this NG, and look who is still here?

You ain't ever learned, huh?

Insults are so easy when you don't have to face the person, chicken meat.
BTW pigs are not dirty animals comparatively, if left to their own designs,
they would live on a couch, mud is how they stay cool.

A human would choose heat stroke, instead. That is what happened to your
brain, right?

DSP, back off!

I also see that you are still bravely hiding behind that hotmail.com entity.

Oh, are you the big man!

Coward

Come talk to a man like me, that way.

I live in Ithaca, NY, and I would be happy to stand up to you, win or lose,
over your insulting this woman. C'mon, beatch!

I don't care if you are indeed a dirty sick pig, or even if you are big.
You could be a foot taller than me, and 60 pounds heavier, and I would
gladly take my chance. If I lost, you still would be the real loser.

One day a guy like me is gonna start looking guys like you up, for real.

I make no threats, that is not allowed on the Usenet, but you better stop
talking in your threatening way, or I will report you, for starters. You I
have had my fill of.

I am willing to bet that you have done even more stupid things your own
self, you sure do it here!

Coward

"Dirty Sick Pig" <drtys...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Anabelle Susser wrote:
> >
> > I been cheated by the taxi driver in NAIA manila airport .
> > the taxi charged me 500 pesos for just 2 miles. ITs kinda scary
> > because the taxi driver dont let me go out from the car unless I pay.
> > so, foreigners or fellow filipinos be careful. Have someone to pick
> > you up in the Airport either your friends car or relatives car.
>

> HOOOOORAY for the fucking cabbie! Good choice of victim!
>
> Pig

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 2:18:38 AM6/27/01
You guys aren't very bright.

How was she to know, magically, that this particular driver was to threaten
her. This happens to thousands of people, really smart people.

Some people, although smart, don't think on their feet, or with guile, it
doesn't make them lesser people.

Just because you guys think that you are smart that way, I'll wager she
could run circles around each of you in a real brain contest. It isn't very
bright to insult people in their misfortune, especially a lady.

In fact, she is smarter than you. She knows enough to swallow pride and
warn others, unlike you jerks.

Cowards who hide behind false emails and servers.

You know, some people have not lived where such guile occurs.

What is really more stupid is your lack of chivalry and respect for a lady.

You guys are just shallow cowards.

Any man who insults a woman like this is a whimp and a coward.

Pick on someone your own size (perhaps a pea?)

"yellow peugeot" <ay...@not.now> wrote in message

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 2:20:51 AM6/27/01
Bravely put, Joanna!

These guys are stupid and cowardly bullies.

Whimps!

Next time I see one of their daughters, am I to talk to her like that?

"Tikki tikki tembo-no sa rembo-chari bari ruchi-pip peri pembo"
<calliope+use...@rescomp.stanford.edu> wrote in message
> And "yellow peugeot" <ay...@not.now> said 'Let there be words!' and there
were plenty:

> Give her a break, she's like 14 (based on the post about applying to
> be a freshman in high school) and has only been in the US for 2
> years. Probably a usenet newbie as well. Compared to a lot of us,
> that's almost the same as being born yesterday.
>
> -joanna
> If she's actually much older, forget what I said and flame away.
>

> --
> ]:o_ o/
> |O = joanna l. salgado __ computer greek (delta gamma) ___|--
> |_o= shower philosopher call...@rescomp.stanford.edu \
> @ `

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 2:22:49 AM6/27/01

"Dirty Sick Pig" <drtys...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Oh, something that I finally agree with.

continuously dumb-found

Coward

Shut your mouth more, ya might learn something, and not look like an idiot
30 days a week, stupid!

Coward

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 2:24:04 AM6/27/01

"H. David Pembrook" <clear...@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message

Now, THAT is an interesting sig

Everyone likes angst humor...

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 2:24:46 AM6/27/01

> Anabelle Susser wrote:

> > On Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:14:54 -0500, Dirty Sick Pig
> > <drtys...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > >HOOOOORAY for the fucking cabbie! Good choice of victim!
> > >
> > >Pig
> >

> > I been cheated at MAnila Airport.
> > THe taxi charged me 500 pesos for only two miles .
> > He didnt he let me go out from his car. THe taxi driver take
> > advantages on me because Im alone by that time and Im a woman .
> > many foreigners had been robbed in MAnila and get killed. the
> > corrupt police and you is dump . You are dump just like your name
> > PIG.................
>
> Aw, AnnieBell, I was jus' dissin' ya. Did the cabbie grab yer fat
> thighs?
>
> DumpPig

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 2:32:30 AM6/27/01
I, as a rule, would let the driver know that he better rate the drive
honestly, but that I tip honest and kind men for their honor.

Under my system, DSP would perish of starvation

I agree, Tim, and I think that way when I am there, whether it is a good
year or not. I go home to a place with clean rest room, a full kitchen, and
at least a cold coke...

Any American who quibbles too much can get in trouble.

What was the most beautiful was, every time we would pass a funeral
procession, I would hand the driver some of MY money for the condolence
throw. I so deeply admire that cultural gesture!

I mad some cab driver friends. And there are Americans here who insist that
these people are crooked! Geez

Nowhere else have I met such pleasant fellows (no, it wasn't in Manila much
of the time).

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 2:34:59 AM6/27/01
No, dave, it is just some basic common decency. Once it becomes an
obligation I am certain it is different for him.

Why do you guys pick fights of little things, anyway?

.
> >you're a cheapskate if you think P500 qualifies you as "cheated."
>
> If the proper amount is P300 and she was charged P500 then he was cheated.
> What's so hard to understand?
>
> >Figure it
> >in dollars, and tell me a city in America where you can get away
cheaper?!

> She's in the Philippines where things are in pesos. The cost of things in
the
> USA are immaterial.
>
> I see you've gone native to the point where you've adopted the "You're so
rich
> and we're so poor" excuse for the rapacious attitude of so many Filipinos.
The
> ends justify the means, right?
>
> >The way I figure it, you're still in America as long as you're in the
> >invisible bubble of the airport and tourist hotels and restaurants,
> >including transportation between these points. It's fair to expect
"native
> >rates" plus a modest "foreigner sur-tax" when you finally leave America
> >behind and step into the Philippines.
>
> Bullshit.
>
> Consider the fare part of your
> >airplane ticket cost.
>
> Consider it one of the reasons The Philippines is still a Third World
Country.

> >Your advice about "being careful" is always good advice, when ever you
> >travel, regardless of where.
>
> Travelers need to be more careful in some places more than others.
>
> Good luck, I hope this helps.

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 2:41:08 AM6/27/01
Amen.

Tim is being nice, too.

For me, when I am there, I live as they do, for the most part. I am no
elitist American.

I'll take their dignity over ours, any day. Especially my in-laws.

Oh well, some will never get it.

Leave it up to the modern male's narrow vision.

Funny, I will agree with him in other posts. Just goes to show ya, we are
all different.

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 2:45:52 AM6/27/01
You are, like, so un-bright, silly.

4 OR 5 star.

You guys who spend hours finding fault rather than participate usefully
never cease to amaze the Heaven's of your simple-minded attitude.

You guys.

You don't get it.

If you had been the driver, and your were just like you are now, you would
be singin' another tune, to some other extreme, and just as convinced.

Guys like you two are just a lot of hot air, hiding behind wimpy hidden
email addresses.

You are better at backfiring insults than you are actually DOING something
useful.

"Tchiowa" <tchi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 2:56:24 AM6/27/01
Tim, I wanna be your friend.

I guess they can only see as far as their _little_ heads.

Some of us have family, and actually get it. If MY God daughter gets
treated like that, watch out, it'll be a special trip to Manilla for bubba
here.

Oh the false "infinite" wisdom of being born spoiled and stupid.

I have spent nearly a decade doing all that I can to talk nice and
civilized, no matter how ugly others talked, but I have had it.

It is personal, now. I have family.

Boy what I would give to have a face to face with 4/5ths of the guys in this
NG, one at a time, of course. And, funny, I hate fighting, gave it up years
ago, after almost getting the P-Farm for flipping a fellow on his head when
he harassed my ex.

At least that guy has been thinking twice, ever since. He even came back a
few days later to thank me for sparing him and promised to change.

Sad, too many of you only understand a guy bigger and tougher than you.
Sick!

Congenital Kano

Jun 27, 2001, 3:10:52 AM6/27/01
Well, there you go. Tim's found someone to agree with him.

Hmmm.... if you're not married yet, how can you have Filipino in-laws? Just
wondering...

And Tim needs to know -- how did you meet your wife? This is very important
to him, and will determine whether you will immediately be inducted into the
Kano Circle Jerk or will have to wait until you disagree with him.

Randy

"Mark A Hayward" <markh...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Congenital Kano

Jun 27, 2001, 3:10:53 AM6/27/01
Wow. An intellectual AND a tough guy! I am impressed.

I think you should head to Tejas and confront that little pipsqueak DSP.
Teach him some manners! He'll probably thank you for the lesson.

I'll bet you know Karate. Tough guys like you ALWAYS know Karate.
Especially those who narrowly missed going to a prison farm.

Look out, DSP, you're in trouble now!

Randy
Certified Peacemaker -- Sam Colt style

"Mark A Hayward" <markh...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 3:11:21 AM6/27/01
Joe, you just talk a lot of garbage. And, funny, you claim that I do.

All those details, for nothing.

There is a term for that type of mental masturbation: _dialectic_ (new world
meaning).

(How many of you wanna bet that he just ran for his dictionary? hahahaaa! so
predictable.)

Yes, cabbies can pay fines and even go to jail.

Big freakin' deal! I suppose that a man who steals a loaf of bread after
five days of desperation for work, or anything for his kids, should, uh,
lose his arm, as the law dictates in Oman?

Hmmm... You are the one that Jesus had tears for, fool.

So, you are so smart and knowledgeable, big words and lots of verbal
diarrhea.

And you still can't see the point, because you are incapable of it.

Even if a Cabbie deserves punishment for a crime, any stingy tourist is
gonna pay even more, in the next life. I bet it'll be interesting to see
what YOU get...

Joe, do you ever say anything nice or affirming about human's, or did your
own parents beat you that much?

Mine did, but I learned better. I am just a tad sorry for you.

You will never get it. I bet your own kids shake their heads. Too bad for
them.

I have met a lot of turds like you. You know what. Not a single one ever
made a difference where they lived or worked, and their wives, fed up, are
the ones who cheat on them.

Wake up, m'boy!

Oh, yeah, let me snip away you little bitch rant, you little coward.

snip snip snip

oops, too much more garbage

snip snip snip

and on and on, like that bunny with the drum...

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 3:13:04 AM6/27/01
Wow, you travel, so THAT is where so many poor people came from!

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 3:20:49 AM6/27/01
And part of the reason that many a driver does it is because of the previous
rider, who treated him like dirt, or rubbed his face in it.

Life is complicated.

These guys like to put all of their little duckys in a row, it ain't that
way.

When resentment is breeded, men will look at any other person as the
adversary.

I hope none of you (save Tim) are ever on jury duty, you aren't clear headed
enough.

"Tim Harvey" <ti...@atoni.com> wrote in message

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 3:30:04 AM6/27/01
Hey, stiff brain, if you can't figure it out.

You still don't get it.

Narrow minded!

Ah, your obsession with proving your manhood through picking at
technicalities.

Only a black and white world make you safe.

I have In-Laws, that is what they are to me. figure it out, brain!

Any other details worrying you that need clarification, genius?

I am looking forward to Tim not agreeing with me.

You still don't get *that* either, do you? Boy, are you a piece of work.

I thought that you were ok at first.

NO, your just another little lock stepping cornel, aren't you?

Middle management, or corporate law, or some type of pitiful sales guy?
But, then, I can depend upon you to cover THAT in detail, as well, huh?

Are you color blind, as well?

Congenital Kano

Jun 27, 2001, 3:30:35 AM6/27/01
Child, you are getting over-wrought. Calm down, take a deep breath, and
sort out who is allowed to insult whom, under what conditions, and why.

Keep this up, and the consigliore of the 5 families may send Lucky Boy to
pay you a visit. This you would not like. You tamper with forces you do
not comprehend.

Take a chill pill, Will.

Randy
another coward hiding behind a false name, false web site with pictures and
false email address -- the lengths some people go for anonymity

ps - in the interest of not hiding, why don't you give us a link to some
pictures of you and your betrothed? This is a sentimental group who would
love to see the two of you seeing the sights of Ithica hand in hand

"Mark A Hayward" <markh...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Congenital Kano

Jun 27, 2001, 3:35:10 AM6/27/01
Actually, I'm a paper boy. And you are...?

Randy
The Truth will Set You Free
Wondering what a "cornel" is

"Mark A Hayward" <markh...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 4:04:48 AM6/27/01
Snort!

Like I would even think of it.

Trust YOU?

;+))

Oh, but she is, oh, really, everything, and I mean everything that I have
dreamed of.

It still freaks me out!

No, seriously, I couldn't care that much about the looks, but, as ugly a
brute as I am, you just don't know, she IS the diamond of the Barangai.

Lots of awesome dames where I am, but not a one that I have seen, Asian or
not, turns my eye more than a 1/4 second because of her.

Sometimes I wonder if it is a spell on the eyes.

Yeah, she's got me bad, I do admit it

You don't know about some personal events involving men and such, so...

Anyway, yeah, I am being sincere, I AM ugly, a brute in looks, but, somehow
I have had MORE than my share, way more. But no one is her. She is like
Mobile 1 synthetic for my Porsche engine (err, more like my Dodge 440).

Courteous of you to ask, and to tone things down. I have been getting in a
fighting mood, much of it due to projecting.

Just took two of those pills.

Gotta understand. I have fought bullies a lot, and I am disillusioned over
the Usenet. Trolls in other groups have, well...

Let me take a few minutes and understand who is who. I just don't like that
kinda talk. My girl is the same way.

"Congenital Kano" <jrs...@home.com> wrote in message

Mark A Hayward

Jun 27, 2001, 4:34:31 AM6/27/01
Well, at least you don' dog on good 'ol Tejas. Another thing that I would
fight for: Texas, badass or not.

No place else.

It ain't saber rattling, it is just pure anger. I am feeling like I don't
care if I win or lose, I just want guys to start being a little nicer and
talk about ways to make da planet a little better.

I have been seeing too much of the opposite, lately, and I do admit that,
whether or not I *am* a tough guy, my heart is. The term tough guy is
relative. There is always a bigger bully, I learned that one really young.
I took my hits. Still do. Still standing, but my nose looks different (a
badge for me).

I wanna beat up on every bully in the world. Some of you guys will figure
this out and understand why, hopefully.

I don't spell well (I can, I just don't), and I readily forget my
composition rules. But I do value the actual terms. It is the term, not
the form, that is important to me.

Like, there just ain't no other word like, say, "excruciating". My focus
has been in another area, and, yes, sincerely, it is brain-drain shit. And
I cannot talk about it, really. But I love my work, and it serves my
country and my ideals, humble or heavy duty, whatever people think. That is
relative, as well.

Yeah, I know my own little pitiful amount of what you ask. I ain't tryin'
to put out that I am special, I am just really pissed. If I didn't make
that clear, I am stupid, as well.

Some guys will fight on principle, not on the promise of winning, it might
not matter.

I am the type who would rather just get back up, like Cool Hand Luke, and
lose my nose rather than stop trying for what I love. I just am that way.
<yeah, terrible English, and I do it knowingly, I only care about the terms>

I just wish you guys would allow for a more, I don't know how to put it,
more chivalrous and mannered, I guess, talk.

There are a lot of impressionable kids, women, and non-cognizenti <sp> who
get pretty bummed, and then avoid discussion groups altogether.

And, yes, Mafia, Marshall artist, whatever, I'd roll up my sleeves over
this, stupid I am. I give a damn.

So, be my friend, or an enemy, but I won't apologize for caring, but I will
jump at any chance to make good with anyone that will give it a chance. We
all matter.

Gotta get some sleep, had none for about 60 hours, no, even longer,
actually. Heck, I ain't even gonna reread this. Too tired and frustrated.

Peace, FWIW

"Congenital Kano" <jrs...@home.com> wrote in message

Tchiowa

Jun 27, 2001, 9:38:23 AM6/27/01
"Mark A Hayward" <markh...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<Aif_6.262$ef.2...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

> You are, like, so un-bright, silly.
>
> 4 OR 5 star.

Really? Gee, I never would have guessed that. (Next time look for the
;-). OK?)

> You are better at backfiring insults than you are actually DOING something
> useful.

Useful? Like what? Telling people that when a taxi driver deliberately
charges more than the metered fare it's OK because white people
deserve it?

Taxi rates from the airport are *NOT* set at a local rate (as
differentiated from a foreigner's rate). They are set at one rate for
all. Period.

Dirty Sick Pig

Jun 27, 2001, 9:20:21 PM6/27/01
Mark A Hayward wrote:

> You guys aren't very bright.

Thanks for the insult. And you're defending someone from insults? Go
away, again.

Dirty Sick Pig

Jun 27, 2001, 9:37:31 PM6/27/01
Mark A Hayward wrote:

> Snort!

Need a hankie?

> Like I would even think of it.

You? Think? Please be serious!

> Trust YOU?

No doubt.

> Oh, but she is, oh, really, everything, and I mean everything that I have
> dreamed of.

Still having nightmares, I see.

> It still freaks me out!

It should!

> No, seriously, I couldn't care that much about the looks, but, as ugly a
> brute as I am, you just don't know, she IS the diamond of the Barangai.

How much do you think she would fetch at a pawnshop?

> Lots of awesome dames where I am, but not a one that I have seen, Asian or
> not, turns my eye more than a 1/4 second because of her.

Have your short attention span looked at by a shadetree shrink.

> Sometimes I wonder if it is a spell on the eyes.

Nah. Just flecks of booger.

> Yeah, she's got me bad, I do admit it

I hope she squeezes harder.

> You don't know about some personal events involving men and such, so...

You're talking to a guy. Are you insinuating that Congenital Katok
(Randy) is gay?

> Anyway, yeah, I am being sincere, I AM ugly, a brute in looks,

CONFESSION TIME! :D

> but, somehow
> I have had MORE than my share, way more.

Your share of what? I wouldn't venture to guess. Brrrrr!

> But no one is her. She is like
> Mobile 1 synthetic for my Porsche engine (err, more like my Dodge 440).

NEVER use that stuff. I suggest K-Y Jelly by Johnson & Johnson. She's
that slippery, huh?

> Courteous of you to ask, and to tone things down. I have been getting in a
> fighting mood, much of it due to projecting.

I'm not gonna fight you because you are an ugly brute. I may be dirty
and sick but chicks fight over my attention. :)

> Just took two of those pills.

Chase 'em down with vodka and Mobil 1!

> Gotta understand. I have fought bullies a lot, and I am disillusioned over
> the Usenet. Trolls in other groups have, well...

Well, what? Tell the damn story!

> Let me take a few minutes and understand who is who. I just don't like that
> kinda talk. My girl is the same way.

Post her pic. I promise to treat it with respect with my Photoshop.
Cross my pig's heart.

CowardlyPig

Dirty Sick Pig

Jun 27, 2001, 10:02:45 PM6/27/01
Congenital Kano wrote:

> Actually, I'm a paper boy. And you are...?

I'm a toilet paper boy. Used.

> Randy
> The Truth will Set You Free
> Wondering what a "cornel" is

Ignorapotamus! A cornel is a grain of corn from a hybrid variety
developed at Kornel University's Kollege of Korn Likkering.

Dirty Sick Pig

Jun 27, 2001, 10:11:50 PM6/27/01
Congenital Kano wrote:

> Wow. An intellectual AND a tough guy! I am impressed.

Edgar Cabalo's kind of guy. Wait and see.

> I think you should head to Tejas and confront that little pipsqueak DSP.
> Teach him some manners! He'll probably thank you for the lesson.

I will gladly PAY for manners lessons. For my wife.

> I'll bet you know Karate. Tough guys like you ALWAYS know Karate.
> Especially those who narrowly missed going to a prison farm.

I know karate too! I read a book once and watch reruns of Hongkong
movies.

> Look out, DSP, you're in trouble now!

Shiver me timbers!

> Randy
> Certified Peacemaker -- Sam Colt style

RugerPig
One of each!
Getting ridiculous.
Wife mad.

Dirty Sick Pig

Jun 27, 2001, 10:35:27 PM6/27/01
Mark A Hayward wrote:

> Well, at least you don' dog on good 'ol Tejas. Another thing that I would
> fight for: Texas, badass or not.

Texas is fer steers 'n queers. The result of that union? Tex-Mex
conjunto.

> No place else.

Not even Ark-Kansas?

> It ain't saber rattling, it is just pure anger. I am feeling like I don't
> care if I win or lose, I just want guys to start being a little nicer and
> talk about ways to make da planet a little better.

Nuke the Alamo. Castrate the Cowboys. Vaporize the Spurs. Grind the
Rockets to dust. Make the Lone Star a six-pointed pink star. Wear it
on your cravat tie.

> I have been seeing too much of the opposite, lately, and I do admit that,
> whether or not I *am* a tough guy, my heart is. The term tough guy is
> relative. There is always a bigger bully, I learned that one really young.
> I took my hits. Still do. Still standing, but my nose looks different (a
> badge for me).

I bet yer momma thinks yer a han'some piece of frijoles on refried.

> I wanna beat up on every bully in the world. Some of you guys will figure
> this out and understand why, hopefully.

Ah un'erstand. But strangely, I don't wanna beat up on ya, pard.

> I don't spell well (I can, I just don't), and I readily forget my
> composition rules. But I do value the actual terms. It is the term, not
> the form, that is important to me.

So, got a pic of yer cowgal? Why don't you post it? Are you ashamed of
her?

> Like, there just ain't no other word like, say, "excruciating". My focus
> has been in another area, and, yes, sincerely, it is brain-drain shit. And
> I cannot talk about it, really. But I love my work, and it serves my
> country and my ideals, humble or heavy duty, whatever people think. That is
> relative, as well.

Ah! Ya wanna hustle derricks in Kuwait, ya rigrat wannabe! Better'n
herding dairy cows up theah in Hill Country, right?

> Yeah, I know my own little pitiful amount of what you ask. I ain't tryin'
> to put out that I am special, I am just really pissed. If I didn't make
> that clear, I am stupid, as well.

Ya should go out and bait a fag.

> Some guys will fight on principle, not on the promise of winning, it might
> not matter.

Yeah, man! I will fight for my dogs.

> I am the type who would rather just get back up, like Cool Hand Luke, and
> lose my nose rather than stop trying for what I love. I just am that way.
> <yeah, terrible English, and I do it knowingly, I only care about the terms>

Ah rather takes a likin' to Pecos Bill meself.

> I just wish you guys would allow for a more, I don't know how to put it,
> more chivalrous and mannered, I guess, talk.

It's mah faults, man. Ah ain't gots no manners, an' what in tarnation
is this chivalrous crap?

> There are a lot of impressionable kids, women, and non-cognizenti <sp> who
> get pretty bummed, and then avoid discussion groups altogether.

Sad. Awful sad state of affairs, I should say. :(

> And, yes, Mafia, Marshall artist, whatever, I'd roll up my sleeves over
> this, stupid I am. I give a damn.

DAMN!

> So, be my friend, or an enemy, but I won't apologize for caring, but I will
> jump at any chance to make good with anyone that will give it a chance. We
> all matter.

Pigs don't matter at all.

> Gotta get some sleep, had none for about 60 hours, no, even longer,
> actually. Heck, I ain't even gonna reread this. Too tired and frustrated.

Don't forget to kneel n pray n thenk you for a lousy Texas day.

> Peace, FWIW

Piss, PTM.

DuhrtySicksPeeg

Mark A Hayward

Jun 28, 2001, 3:56:12 AM6/28/01
Just one more response for the Digital Signal Processor (like that type of
chip, sooo predictable).

I actually got a pleasant chuckle, I don't feel but complimented.

You are such a silly boy! Try for stand up work. In all sincerity, you
might make a killing.

Hehe.

Mark A Hayward

Jun 28, 2001, 3:56:05 AM6/28/01