Chinese espionage: how beijing is stealing away US global supremacy

Amine Moulay Ramdane

May 22, 2022, 9:40:23 AM5/22/22
Hello,

Here is a point of view on Chinese espionage:

Chinese espionage: how beijing is stealing away US global supremacy

Read more here:

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/chinese-espionage-how-beijing-is-stealing-away-us-global-supremacy/

More of my philosophy about Counterintelligence and about DDoS attacks and about reverse engineering and more of my thoughts..

Read the following interesting webpage about economic espionage from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence in USA:

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/ncsc-what-we-do/ncsc-threat-assessments-mission/ncsc-economic-espionage

You can read more about the National Counterintelligence and Security Center of USA from the following website:

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/ncsc-home

More of my philosophy about Bot Management tools and Web Application Firewalls and more of my thoughts..

I have just talked more smartly about Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) Protection, read my thoughts below about it, but you have to know
how to use a good Bot Management tool and a good Web Application Firewall, and Boot management is a strategy that enables you to filter which bots are allowed to access your web assets. With this strategy, you can allow useful bots, such as Google crawlers, while blocking malicious or unwanted bots, such as those used for cyberattacks, and Web application firewalls protect from attacks including SQL injection, cross-site-scripting (XSS) and cookie poisoning and are an essential component of your defensive strategy, so i invite you to read in the following web link about the top 10 bot management solutions:

https://em360tech.com/continuity/tech-features-featuredtech-news/top-10-bot-management-solutions

And read here about the best web application firewalls:

https://www.comparitech.com/net-admin/best-web-application-firewall/

More of my philosophy about Layer 7 DDoS attacks that are
the “the new drug” and more of my thoughts..

I will say that according to Arbor Networks, 18% of all DDoS attacks seen in USA in 2015 were application-layer attacks or so-called Layer 7 attacks. Cloud and security solution provider F5 calls Layer 7 DDoS attacks “the new drug”, indicating that they are becoming both more common, more sophisticated and more threatening. So i think that Amazon AWS Shield Standard service that protects against Layer 3 and 4 DDoS attacks doesn't cost you anything, so you have to use Amazon AWS Shield Advanced service to protect yourself from Layer 7 DDoS attacks, and you can read how much is the cost of AWS Shield Advanced here in Amazon:

https://aws.amazon.com/shield/pricing/

So i think that Mid-size companies in USA can pay for AWS Shield Advanced, and a Mid-size company is defined in USA as one with average annual revenue – not profit, but revenue – of between $10 million and $1 billion. As of 2018, the center estimated that about 200,000 U.S. companies met that definition, making them mid-size companies.

More of my philosophy about the weakness of reverse engineering and more
of my thoughts..

I think i am really smart, and i say that the weakness of reverse engineering the code, is that when you crack a program you are
guided by previous known information about how to crack a program that helps you to crack the program, but understanding the meaning of the program that is obfuscated by VMProtect is a much more difficult process, this is the way to go for me.

More of my philosophy about the virtual machines of VMProtect and the like and more of my thoughts..

I think i am really smart, and here is the very important thing that
i have just said yesterday:

"But i think that one of the best protection against reverse engineering the code is also using virtual machines, but this way of doing has a weakness, since when a sample is protected with a VM, the only way to reverse engineer the code itself is to start with understanding the VM, but from what the experts know, a lot of VMs have two things in common:

They are not complex (sometimes the bytecode instructions themselves are just decoded into x86 instructions - usually some VM instructions as well), and they are usually quite obfuscated, so you will need to reverse engineer the VM and understand how it is decoding bytecode instructions - and what each VM instruction does, and then you can use that knowledge to transform bytecode back into its original form - at which point you can analyze it in IDA Pro etc.. Usually, the not so difficult part for the experts in reverse engineering the code is understanding the VM despite obfuscation."

So then even if the VMProtect uses many virtual machines for different
parts of the program, the weakness is that the virtual machine of VMProtect is not complex, so it is why it can become easy for reverse engineering experts to "crack" it, so it is why the software company called Ubisoft has only managed to protect Assassin’s Creed Origins from pirates for a month using also the best tool that is VMProtect, read it here:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/ubisoft-managed-protect-assassins-creed-origins-pirates-entire-month/

But the advantage of VMProtect is that it obfuscates the binary code
of your program, so since the binary code of your program can be much more difficult to understand than the obfuscated virtual machine , then it becomes much more difficult for reverse engineers experts to understand the meaning of the program code, and it is the way to go for me.

Read my previous thoughts:

More of my precision about VMProtect and about reverse engineering..

I think i am smart, an i think that experts in reverse engineering the code can crack your program even if you protect it with VMProtect, since the Virtual machine like the virtual machine of VMProtect are in general not so complex, but the experts in reverse engineering will find it difficult to understand the difficult algorithms of your program, so i think it is the way to go for me, and since reverse engineers experts can give the binary code that is cracked, but with this kind of way of doing you have to be aware that the cracked binary code can contain a virus, this is why a "trusthworthy" relationship between a software developer or developers and the customers is so important. And it is my way of doing that is creating a trusthworthy relationship with my customers and with you here in those newsgroups forums and such.

More of my philosophy about VMProtect and about obfuscation
and more of my thoughts..

I think i am smart, and i have just downloaded the trial version
of VMProtect that is the best tool to prevent reverse engineering of
your program, and i think that it is a good tool, and i have
just noticed that it also obfuscates not only the virtual machines,
but it also obfuscates the code, and as a proof of it, you can notice it by reading the following web page on the VMProtect website:

https://vmpsoft.com/support/user-manual/introduction/glossary/

So notice that it is saying in the above web page that VMProtect also
does the following:

"Obfuscation of Java / .NET applications is performed through transforming the bytecode processed by the virtual machine. Obfuscation of compiled programs relies on modifying machine language codes: the obfuscator adds various “garbage” commands, “dead code”, random jumps."

So i advise you to buy this good product that we call VMProtect from here:

https://vmpsoft.com/

So i will buy VMProtect and i will also use like the following service from a company in Canada that provides a copyright filled and certified by a public notary that is valid for 172 countries, you can read about it here:

http://en.scopyright.ca/

But you have to be smart, since the "patent" that protects an algorithm is not valid in so many countries such as India etc., so the best way is to use a copyright as i am doing it, so that this kind of copyright allows you to fill a lawsuit against binary code that is stolen from you by asking the one that has stolen from you to show his source code in
a legal lawsuit.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.