Taiwan scrambles jets as Chinese aircraft enter air defence zone - A waste of time and money on both sides. There will be no war. The next presidential election will do it. China has no restriction on travel from Taiwan to China.

Rusty Wyse

Sep 23, 2021, 12:29:56 PM9/23/21
Taiwan scrambles jets as Chinese aircraft enter air defence zone - A waste of time and money on both sides. There will be no war. The next presidential election will do it. China has no restriction on travel from Taiwan to China.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/taiwan-scrambles-jets-as-chinese-aircraft-enter-air-defence-zone/ar-AAOJwbm?ocid=msedgntp

freeze

Sep 23, 2021, 6:23:29 PM9/23/21
On 24/9/2021 12:29 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
> Taiwan scrambles jets as Chinese aircraft enter air defence zone - A waste of time and money on both sides. There will be no war. The next presidential election will do it. China has no restriction on travel from Taiwan to China.
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/taiwan-scrambles-jets-as-chinese-aircraft-enter-air-defence-zone/ar-AAOJwbm?ocid=msedgntp

From time to time Taiwan lost pilots during training and it does not
bode well for Taiwan if at war.

potter

Sep 24, 2021, 2:01:12 AM9/24/21

Taiwan is getting more bold by US instigating them to open Taiwan to US
coast guard to Taiwan.

If China is to allow this without warning to US and Taiwan, US will take
China as leniency in allowing US to creep and crawl in to Taiwan.

US will then to-and-fro their military ships and aircrafts. The US will
first move in their coast guard ships to Taiwan. Thereafter, they would then
increase their frequency of visits.

During the their visits, they would ship ammunitions and weapons to Taiwan.
They would send folded-up aircrafts to Taiwan by US transport plane.

They would then even park and station their military ships and aircrafts on
long term on the pretext of friendship visits and patronage visits in
supporting of Taiwan's military training.

Henceforth, US should make no mistake, that China will not allow this
pretexts to happen at all. It will not allow any foreign military assets to
visit Taiwan.

It will not allow any US military assets to parkin Taiwan under due
pretension of dropped by visit or even shore visit. China should be ready to
fire at them if US purposely intrude into Taiwan.

Henceforth, China should further increase its number of aircraft exercises
at Taiwan. If possible, also increased air patrols every day at 24/7 to
ensure "practice makes perfect" is ingrained deep into the heart of jet
fighter pilots in bringing down the wayward Taiwan back to mainland.

The Naval exercises should also be increased to ensure it its territorial
sovereignty of Taiwan and Diaoyu island and other island and seas
surrounding the nine-dash territorial South China Sea is not intruded by any
forces.

"Rusty Wyse" wrote in message

Rusty Wyse

Sep 24, 2021, 1:00:42 PM9/24/21
The Pacific Ocean is about 8,000 miles wide. Let them waste their time and money away.
Even the U.S. Navy has admitted China has over a hundred more warships than the U.S. Navy.

A. Filip

Sep 24, 2021, 1:08:41 PM9/24/21
President of Taiwan no longer have dictator (like) powers AFAIK.
I do expect referendum to change current *practical* status of Taiwan
*in a peaceful way*.

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| "I don't like spinach, and I'm glad I don't, because if I liked it
| I'd eat it, and I just hate it." (Clarence Darrow)

ltlee1

Sep 25, 2021, 8:17:52 AM9/25/21
On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 5:08:41 PM UTC, A. Filip wrote:
> Rusty Wyse <rst88...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Taiwan scrambles jets as Chinese aircraft enter air defence zone - A
> > waste of time and money on both sides. There will be no war. The
> > next presidential election will do it. China has no restriction on
> > travel from Taiwan to China.
> >
> > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/taiwan-scrambles-jets-as-chinese-aircraft-enter-air-defence-zone/ar-AAOJwbm?ocid=msedgntp
> President of Taiwan no longer have dictator (like) powers AFAIK.
> I do expect referendum to change current *practical* status of Taiwan
> *in a peaceful way*.

China can wait. At least until the end of Hong Kong's 1C2S. Hong Kong's
Democrats should have play their cards smarter. It would be hard work.
But they would have a reasonable chance to extend 1C2S and at the same
time prolong Taiwan's status quo.

But China will not allow Taiwan to become independent, symbolic or otherwise.
Foreign involvement would only harden its resolve to take back Taiwan by force,
when necessary.

.kitaro..

Sep 27, 2021, 1:25:47 PM9/27/21

It's not wise to wait until the end of Hong Kong's 1C2S and used HK's
chance to renew its 1C2S and used that case to coincide a commencement of
1C2S for Taiwan, too.

In the first place, Taiwan may not even agree to unite with China for a
1C2S. If China waited until that time found that Taiwan was not keen to
unite, it will be wasted time for China.

Taiwan would have used the time to boost their defence capacity and
capabilities. The US would have used that time to con more money from Taiwan
into buying more expensive over-charged defence assets from them.

By that time, Taiwan will be emptied of state money on those stocks of
expensive US weapons, which they know will not be used to attack other
countries but to defend and attack China for US's sake, instead.

In any case, US is their only supplier of weapons and hence they have no
choice but to pay excessively for whatever expensive weapons that US pushes
them to buy from them for their defence needs.

So far, the Taiwan's KMT party agreed to a "one China" consensus, so-called
"!992 Consensus" at the cross strait meeting. But KMT left out as what it
meant.

To the KMT, it was "one China, each side with their own interpretation."

To the CCP it was "one China", meaning Taiwan was part of the PRC.

Subsequently, president Ma came out with public denial, saying "there was no
consensus as everyone has misunderstood it". The KMT's Ma said "there was no
consensus on that "one China" as everyone misunderstands "consensus"."

He said that "there would be no consensus until there is a necessity to have
a Taiwan consensus and a China consensus in order to take effect (of their
meanings of it).

KMT's Ma said that "Mainland China has to take certain responsibility for
the misunderstanding of the consensus", which he further said "it has placed
too much emphasis on "one China" and "forgets the component of each side
having its own interpretation."

KMT's Ma said, " not clearing up the matter would make the cross-strait
relations increasingly difficult." Since then, with neither side agreed to
what the consensus itself was, the matter is now left on each other desk.

Finally, Ma ended his public denial, saying in his meeting with president
Xi in Singapore on January 2, 2015, Xi Jin Ping explicitly tied the "1992
Consensus" to the "One Country Two Systems" formula used in Hong Kong and
that the PRC intends to implement on Taiwan.

Subsequently, in January 2020, the KMT lost its presidential election to the
opposition party, DPP. Following their second presidential election defeat
in January last year, many in the KMT have begun to acknowledge that their
historical adherence to eventual unification with China and advocating
closer ties to China and the 1992 Consensus are all deeply unpopular and are
deeply out of the mainstream of public opinion.

Henceforth, IMHO, it would unwise of them to continue to talk on
interpreting and defining "consensus", as it will be wasted time and effort
in arguing it. It would be right and proper for China to ask Taiwan for the
return of all the territories of Taiwan to China.

Henceforth, it is the duty of Taiwan's KMT party or DPP party to recommence
the negotiation of Taiwan 's handover to China, instead. Any prolonging of
the negotiation will embolden Taiwan to so something against China's
kindness to them.

Any prolonging will by then become messy 夜长梦多 for China. It will also be
夜长梦多 for Taiwan, as China will not hesitate to recover Taiwan by force.
Henceforth, that means " The longer the night lasts, the more dreams China
will have".

In short, "the longer China wait, the longer she stay in a stirring
precarious condition".

The annotation and Connotations in the meaning of "夜长梦多" further means that
"The longer one waits, the more disadvantageous position will be. The more
disadvantageous position will be, the more risks one will have to take".

Henceforth, a handover date has to be agreed to return all the territories
of Taiwan to China, which is constitutionally the rightful owner of all of
them under the law of the lands in China.

Once an agreement on the handover date of Taiwan is reached, the 1C2S can be
set for discussion and debate on Taiwan. However, the handover date cannot
be too long as it can affect the full recovery of all territories of Taiwan
to China.

As for the people of Taiwan, they are free to choose to remain in Taiwan or
leave to immigrate elsewhere, probably to the US and elsewhere of their
choosing, instead. Every Taiwan people has the right to leave or stay or
choose to go home to where they came.

Therefore, without any more hesitation, a handover date will be the basic
requirement for return back of all the territories of Taiwan to China. A
handover date of Taiwan should not be too long as commencement of 1C2S can
commence early as possible to resume their normal life with China.

"ltlee1" wrote in message

ltlee1

Sep 27, 2021, 4:43:35 PM9/27/21
On Monday, September 27, 2021 at 5:25:47 PM UTC, .kitaro.. wrote:
> It's not wise to wait until the end of Hong Kong's 1C2S and used HK's
> chance to renew its 1C2S and used that case to coincide a commencement of
> 1C2S for Taiwan, too.
>
> In the first place, Taiwan may not even agree to unite with China for a
> 1C2S. If China waited until that time found that Taiwan was not keen to
> unite, it will be wasted time for China.

Taiwan is under 1C2S now. Don't think China will offer further 1C2S to Taiwan.
But if Hong Kong could find some way to benefit China and Chinese people. And
China could extend 1C2S to Hong Kong, it may likewise give Taiwan the same
benefit of the doubt.

> Taiwan would have used the time to boost their defence capacity and
> capabilities. The US would have used that time to con more money from Taiwan
> into buying more expensive over-charged defence assets from them.

So? Real territorial integrity is ALWAYS maintained by the military. Everywhere.
Past and present.

> By that time, Taiwan will be emptied of state money on those stocks of
> expensive US weapons, which they know will not be used to attack other
> countries but to defend and attack China for US's sake, instead.
>
> In any case, US is their only supplier of weapons and hence they have no
> choice but to pay excessively for whatever expensive weapons that US pushes
> them to buy from them for their defence needs.

Unification is ALWAYS hard no matter when. There won't be a Taiwan 1C2S if
unification is easy.

> So far, the Taiwan's KMT party agreed to a "one China" consensus, so-called
> "!992 Consensus" at the cross strait meeting. But KMT left out as what it
> meant.
>
> To the KMT, it was "one China, each side with their own interpretation."
>
> To the CCP it was "one China", meaning Taiwan was part of the PRC.
To most of the nations which establish diplomatic relationship with the PRC, One China
means one and only one China. Not
2 China and not One China and one Taiwan.

> Subsequently, president Ma came out with public denial, saying "there was no
> consensus as everyone has misunderstood it". The KMT's Ma said "there was no
> consensus on that "one China" as everyone misunderstands "consensus"."
>
> He said that "there would be no consensus until there is a necessity to have
> a Taiwan consensus and a China consensus in order to take effect (of their
> meanings of it).
>
> KMT's Ma said that "Mainland China has to take certain responsibility for
> the misunderstanding of the consensus", which he further said "it has placed
> too much emphasis on "one China" and "forgets the component of each side
> having its own interpretation."
>
> KMT's Ma said, " not clearing up the matter would make the cross-strait
> relations increasingly difficult." Since then, with neither side agreed to
> what the consensus itself was, the matter is now left on each other desk.

Irrelevant. The Chinese people have make their collective choice long ago.

> Finally, Ma ended his public denial, saying in his meeting with president
> Xi in Singapore on January 2, 2015, Xi Jin Ping explicitly tied the "1992
> Consensus" to the "One Country Two Systems" formula used in Hong Kong and
> that the PRC intends to implement on Taiwan.
>
> Subsequently, in January 2020, the KMT lost its presidential election to the
> opposition party, DPP. Following their second presidential election defeat
> in January last year, many in the KMT have begun to acknowledge that their
> historical adherence to eventual unification with China and advocating
> closer ties to China and the 1992 Consensus are all deeply unpopular and are
> deeply out of the mainstream of public opinion.
>
> Henceforth, IMHO, it would unwise of them to continue to talk on
> interpreting and defining "consensus", as it will be wasted time and effort
> in arguing it. It would be right and proper for China to ask Taiwan for the
> return of all the territories of Taiwan to China.
>
> Henceforth, it is the duty of Taiwan's KMT party or DPP party to recommence
> the negotiation of Taiwan 's handover to China, instead. Any prolonging of
> the negotiation will embolden Taiwan to so something against China's
> kindness to them.
>
> Any prolonging will by then become messy 夜长梦多 for China. It will also be
> 夜长梦多 for Taiwan, as China will not hesitate to recover Taiwan by force.
> Henceforth, that means " The longer the night lasts, the more dreams China
> will have".

夜长梦多 does not apply here.
The issue is determining the balance point between cost and benefit at whatever
time point.

Rusty Wyse

Sep 27, 2021, 6:23:34 PM9/27/21
Really???? When and how???
In China, the people have no choice. The CCP fought and take control of China by force.

bmoore

Sep 27, 2021, 8:31:10 PM9/27/21
On Monday, September 27, 2021 at 1:43:35 PM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
Your entire house of cards relies on your claim that China is a democracy. Hence, it is worthless.

Rusty Wyse

Sep 28, 2021, 12:23:43 PM9/28/21
Tell me, bmoore, what makes the U.S. a "democracy" anymore than China???
From what I have seen, read,...
China has a better claim toward a true "democracy" than the U.S.
Just because you have election, does it really make the U.S. a "democracy"????
In China, policemen don't wear guns. In the U.S., policemen kill more people than the bad guys...
The U.S. kill/destroy all over the world while China build/construct infrastructure to make people live better...

bmoore

Sep 28, 2021, 1:41:37 PM9/28/21
Darn, was hoping for a more intelligent answer, but got only Yale. Sigh.

> The U.S. kill/destroy all over the world while China build/construct infrastructure to make people live better...

Ha ha. Like a pile of shit so big it can be seen from space.

Rusty Wyse

Sep 28, 2021, 2:01:54 PM9/28/21
A lot of words but no sensible meaning...

bmoore

Sep 28, 2021, 2:25:43 PM9/28/21
No Yale, just a few words, with very obvious meaning.