When Safety Regulations Become "Discrimination"

Auric Hellman

Feb 19, 2009, 10:25:36 PM2/19/09

TORONTO -- A Sikh security guard who alleged he was discriminated
against by a Home Depot manager testified yesterday that few workers wore
hard hats when they passed through an area of the construction site that he
was assigned to patrol.

Deepinder Loomba was cross-examined by company lawyer Kevin MacNeill
over his complaint to the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal that he was
discriminated against for refusing to trade his turban for a hard hat.
Loomba was seeking damages of $40,000.

Loomba said he was assigned to patrol a Home Depot under construction
in Milton on Dec. 6, 2005, when assistant manager Brian Busch asked him to
wear a hard hat instead of a turban. When he refused, Loomba alleged Busch
and other employees ridiculed and laughed at him.

"Pointing to my turban, (Busch said), I have fired many persons like
this," Loomba said yesterday.

Loomba said he had seen such a sign before the construction area, but
added only a few workers entering the area he patrolled were wearing the
protective gear.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2009/01/28/8172586-sun.html?cid=ETF

What is happening in this world today that everyone wants to be a 'victim'?
The rule is simple and makes perfect sense to anyone with any common sense;
take the towel off your head and put a safety helmet on. What part needs
explaining?

--
Dr. Auric D. Hellman
adhe...@volcanomail.com