Quotable quotes - scb 1997

1 view

Arindam

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

Who said what in 1997, scb: (gleaned from dejanews.com) - a selection

"That one Bengal is history - and may God help us keep it that way."
(Abhijit Mitra to Perryban on the unification of Bengal)

"I am capable
enough to parade you naked in front of your fourteen generations but I am
just not interested in that right now."
(Supratik Das to Arnab Gupta on the issue of Nirad C.)

"Easy girl. Rescue from being a defunct belief system. Thats what Abhijit
meant."
(Supratik Das to Soumitri Mukherjee on the issue of whether hindus should start
reclaiming their religion from others; Soumitri later revealed in a mail that
Soumitri was a male name)

"What are you, nuts ?"
(Shoumyo Dasgupta to Jai Maharaj, on the issue of Jai Maharaj describing
everyone who opposed a lecture by Atal Behari Vajpayee at New York City, as
enemies of "Bharat")

"Rabindrasangeet maane ki Rabindranath'er lekha gaan na shur
dewa gaan na duto ek shonge holei taake Rabindrasangeet bole classify kora
jete paare? Ekta hole cholbe na?"
(Joydeep Bhattacharya on Rabindrasangeet)

"The bhadralok class is the worst kind of scum."
(Sayan to Abhijit on the issue of hypocrisy by the CPI (M))

"Hoi mia(n)!! "Bangali dekhai dilo" tho amar mis-applied copyrighted
phrase! Thomare sue koyra dimu!!"
(Naeem Mohaimen to Siddhartha Duttagupta on the achievements of bengalis from
Arundhati Roy to Saurav Ganguly)

And there are of course more........

Arindam

Siddhartha Duttagupta

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

In article <19980101082...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,

Arindam <ari...@aol.com> wrote:
>Who said what in 1997, scb: (gleaned from dejanews.com) - a selection

Arindam, great post. I do however accuse you of regional
bias. No Pran/Jai in your posts? Or they didn't say anything
memorable..................

By the way, Supu Thakur was again sadly shortchanged..showing
the typically bengali characteristic ofjealousy and inability
to understand genius

I submit that all his statements including where he threatened
to "pull Arnab's ear" should be given the prominence it deserves.

So quickly repost a sequel or Abhijit and I are going to pay you
a visit. Its bali time (khnara provided by Pran)

regards, siddhartha

Shoumyo Dasgupta

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

Arindam:

If you have some more, please share ...

enjoyed this one,

Shoumyo.

Arindam wrote:

> Who said what in 1997, scb: (gleaned from dejanews.com) - a selection

Arindam

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

Okay, here's some more...

"Bhoy ki re pagol, Evita to achhei."
(Apratim Sarkar to Srabani Banerjee on the movie Kamasutra)

"Nari mane female orthe? Tahole stroinota mane ki feminism?"
(Indranil Dasgupta to Apratim Sarkar on hindi hegemony in bengali films)

"Orthaat, nijeder shoshobdo baatkormo-ke byaghro-gorjon bole mone koren!"
(Sambit Basu to Dr. S. Mozumdar replying to Dr. Mozumdar's statement:
"Amra Ghotider moto Minmine-Pinpine jati noi - Geyichi-kheyichi'r dol.")

"Stop being an eternal whiner."
(Pran lal to Nalinaksha Bhattacharya on the issue of Nalinaksha's comment on
the ideological predisposition of Kanchan Gupta while writing on Subhash
Chandra Bose)

"And I eat the Shoumyo Dasgupta's and Sambit Saha's for breakfast."
(Supratik Das to Akhtar Siddique on the issue of Bengali hindus are a bunch of
sheep)

"Are you really studying in Yale??"
(Nalinaksha asking Supratik Das; Supratik Das is in Yeshiva University, NYC and
his email reads aecom.yu.edu)

Arindam

Abhijit Mitra

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

ari...@aol.com (Arindam) writes:

>Supratik Das is in Yeshiva University, NYC and his email reads aecom.yu.edu)

Actually, aecom.yu.edu is the Albert Einstein School of Medicine in NYC, which
is affiliated with Yeshiva U.

Siddhartha Duttagupta

Jan 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/2/98

On 1 Jan 1998 18:26:42 -0500, mi...@remus.rutgers.edu (Abhijit Mitra)
wrote:

>ari...@aol.com (Arindam) writes:
>
>>Supratik Das is in Yeshiva University, NYC and his email reads aecom.yu.edu)
>
>Actually, aecom.yu.edu is the Albert Einstein School of Medicine in NYC, which

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
should be college of medicine, no? As in a.e.c.o.m.?

Also is this Albert guy the same as the one who got nobel prizes in
Physics? Wondering why the medical college wants his name-fame.
Or did he in his later life morph into a "dhannantori".

>is affiliated with Yeshiva U.

And our Supu Thakur, is Albert Einstein reincarnated.

There Abhijit, a tipponi for you;)))

regards, siddhartha

Siddhartha Duttagupta

Jan 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/2/98

On 1 Jan 1998 20:58:27 GMT, ari...@aol.com (Arindam) wrote:

>"And I eat the Shoumyo Dasgupta's and Sambit Saha's for breakfast."
>(Supratik Das to Akhtar Siddique on the issue of Bengali hindus are a bunch of
>sheep)

Arindam this is a serious charge, no really. Are you sure it was
Sambit Saha and not Sambit Basu?

I can't believe that "thakur" is eating one of his own...oh well,
better watch my back;))

But overall congratulations for a good post. I still thought that the
"ear pulling" was funny.

regards, siddhartha

Arindam

Jan 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/2/98

Hello Siddhartha:
You wrote:

.>Arindam this is a serious charge, no really. Are you sure it was

>Sambit Saha and not Sambit Basu?

Well, here are the original posts from Supratik Das:
The first one with all the other gems from Dasbabu included in the same post
where he mentioned Sambit Saha (note well):

Here goes:
.................................Quote begins...........................
On 22 Oct 1997, Akhtar Siddique wrote:

(deleted for saving space -Arindam)......

> In fact, the above observation by Soumitri corroborates a hypothesis
> made by either Shomyo Dasgupta (or it may have been Sambit Saha) that
> Supratik Das is really a khotta masquerading as a Bengali. Although
> his khottaness may also derive from some other factors. As a devotee of
> the Hanumansabha as well as the preferences for the Manusmriti should
> not Supratik create some sort of intimate association between heated rods and
> a Das who dares to learn to read and write?

Akhtar

I am surprised by your level of stupidity. You are not only a religious bigot
but also a nincompoof.

Soumitri is a name also used by women. We had a FEMALE classmate called
Soumitri.

I am 100 % Bengali but I do not suffer from kohttaphobia like you skunks.

And if you do not like Khottas or Indians go to Pakistan.

And I eat the Shoumyo Dasgupta's and Sambit Saha's for breakfast.

I DO NOT believe in caste but in case you are not aware there are two castes of
Das - Kayastha and Nomoshudra. I belong to the former. In Bengal Kaysthas are
just after Brahmins and Vaidyas. In any case I don't claim descendence from the
Mughal harem like you.

Next time you make reference to my caste I'll kick your arse pink that is if it
isn't already so.

Supratik
ends...............................................
Vintage stuff, wasn't it?

Well, here's the other one:

This time Supratik says it to Arnab on the issue of Nirad C:

"But most Bengalies start the discussion with
'he was a hypocrite....' and end it there. I don't think it is going to
be any different - judging from most of the posts - Arindam, Arnab, etc and I
am not interested in it coz then I'll have to give you a good pull on your ears
(deservedly) and at present I am just not interested."

Hope it addresses the issues raised.
:)
Arindam

Siddhartha Duttagupta

Jan 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/2/98

On 2 Jan 1998 03:05:35 GMT, ari...@aol.com (Arindam) wrote:

>Well, here are the original posts from Supratik Das:

>.................................Quote begins...........................

>On 22 Oct 1997, Akhtar Siddique wrote:

*snipped*

>Next time you make reference to my caste I'll kick your arse pink that is if it
>isn't already so.

That WAS the funniest line, I actually rolled on the floor laughing.

>be any different - judging from most of the posts - Arindam, Arnab, etc and I
>am not interested in it coz then I'll have to give you a good pull on your ears

thanking Arindam with tears in my eyes.

regards, siddhartha

Supratik Das

Jan 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/2/98

On Fri, 2 Jan 1998, Siddhartha Duttagupta wrote:

> On 1 Jan 1998 20:58:27 GMT, ari...@aol.com (Arindam) wrote:

> >"And I eat the Shoumyo Dasgupta's and Sambit Saha's for breakfast."

> >(Supratik Das to Akhtar Siddique on the issue of Bengali hindus are a bunch of
> >sheep)

> Arindam this is a serious charge, no really. Are you sure it was

> Sambit Saha and not Sambit Basu?

It was Sambit Basu and NOT Sambit Saha. I made the correction in a
subsequent post. I like most of what Sambit Saha writes.

Supratik Das

Jan 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/2/98

On Fri, 2 Jan 1998, Siddhartha Duttagupta wrote:

> >Actually, aecom.yu.edu is the Albert Einstein School of Medicine in NYC, which

> should be college of medicine, no? As in a.e.c.o.m.?

> Also is this Albert guy the same as the one who got nobel prizes in
> Physics?

Yep.

Wondering why the medical college wants his name-fame.
> Or did he in his later life morph into a "dhannantori".

The medical school was set up by the Jews and named after Einstein, of
course with his permission.

Abhijit Mitra

Jan 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/3/98

Supratik Das <d...@aecom.yu.edu> writes:

>The medical school was set up by the Jews and named after Einstein, of
>course with his permission.

Yeap. I believe it was set up because Jews at that time found it hard to get
into a medical college due to rampant anti-semitism in the states.. so they
hooked up with Yeshiva U, which was (and is) a Jewish inst.