Best Tarbut Gymnasium

Andrea Simon

Nov 30, 2007, 10:12:27 AM11/30/07
For a project, I am looking for information about the Tarbut
Hebrew High School (Gymnasium) in Brest, other than what is
posted on the JewishGen website. I am particularly interested
in first-hand accounts of living conditions in the 1930s,
before the school's demise. This would include what the building
was like, inside and out, the dress of the students, the curriculum,
social and political life; and, the living situations of those
students from neighboring villages who boarded in Brest.
Any information would be extremely helpful.
Thanks so much.

Andrea Simon (author of Bashert: A Granddaughter's Holocaust Quest)
New York